"Purissu stop yoah sad face! Yeah, I am duck!"Oozora Subaru

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
...this is just going to cause people to send even more, now that they know it will get this reaction out of her
Sometimes I wish she would just run all her tweets by me so I can shut down her retarded ones.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Neoporte's Itoi Toi will have her new outfit at 8PM JST.

774inc's Shisui Kiki at the same time continuing Blue Archive Volume 4 Chapter 2.

Fully voiced by Shisui-sensei.

Ririsya premiering her cover of Towa's Palette at 9PM JST.

Noticed Rikka also asked other Vtubers to submit entries for the intermissions and I saw Live Union's Setono Toto.

For Pioneer Union members, AZKi's member stream for this month is at 10PM JST.

UberSoldat

Sometimes I wish she would just run all her tweets by me so I can shut down her retarded ones.
If she has a track record of ignoring your advice, what makes you think she'll listen to you about this? :smugpipi:

UberSoldat

Onolumi chats with Jorunna and Super Meche

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
If she has a track record of ignoring your advice, what makes you think she'll listen to you about this? :smugpipi:
I know it'll never happen. But I can dream. :smugpipi:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
white dog and blue woman being bunnies and having fun

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Last edited:

frz

My type of autist, btw.

They only existed for 2 1/2 years. By the time they came to exist, Holo Gen 2 was only three months away. Nijisanji was already up to almost thirty members.

While it did attract a lot of hopeful talents because, well, Kizuna Ai, and did enjoy reasonable success (Polka's PL was pretty big, especially by the standards of the time, after all), I'm getting the impression that Upd8 was Activ8 trying to catch up to the nascent agencies, realising that banking everything on only one talent would ultimately stunt their growth.

It was ultimately before my time, so I cannot judge why it failed, but what I do remember was it having international talents without having an international branch. Which was certainly a choice.
if only some femboy did a write up about upd8
Wow alot going on today huh, I guess proctor is sleeping
Ignore my message im just archiving something I wrote on reddit
Tl;dr scummy practice and mismanagement on upd8
- In 2019, they tried to replace Kizuna Ai with 2 different voice actors, and released a song of all time with the lyrics of "Even if it's not me, it's fine". This triggered backlash within the community, losing her fans and viewership. In response to criticism, they added a 3rd chinese only voice actor.
- Despite their top earners literally brings in $millions (archive) in revenue, it was reported that they ended 2019 in a net loss of $6.2M.
- Around march 2020, their 2nd best performer Oda Nobuhime announced graduation on 30 April 2020. In a collab stream a week later with Tamaki, her best friend, she stated (Archive) that upd8 management took full control of her content and personal life, often cancelled her projects & even went so far as using her twitter account to attack Tamaki. They ended the stream in tears with Tamaki begging her not to retire, to which Nobuhime responed "I have no choice but to give up, if this continues I'll break" (archive).
- On 24 April, Kizuna Ai announced that she would split from upd8 and made a new company (still under Active8 though) herself called Kizuna Ai KK. Notably she stated that she was against the whole cloning shit. She took both Ai 2 and Ai 3 to her new company, granted them new identities of AiPii and Love-chan with different models and a separate youtube channel. She said this has been in the works for some time.
- On the same day as Oda Nobuhime's graduation, AniMare & Honey Strap announced their ending of relationship with upd8. This effectively spelt the end for the company. Most of their talents left afterwards/already left.
- Upd8 limbo-ed around until November where they finally filed for bankruptcy, allowing the few remaining members to keep their identity.
What happened after for vtubers under upd8
- After the split, Kizuna AI enjoyed some popularity, but the world left her behind, live stream started becoming the norms and scripted content vtubers started losing popularity. While she still enjoyed somewhat decent viewership on her videos, she's at her 5th year at this point and started considering her future as a vtuber. In late 2021 she announced that she will be on indefinite hiatus after her Hello World concert on Feb 2022. And has been on hiatus since. However, she held a paid concert in February 2023, and upload a 2 minute 6th year celebration video on Dec 1, 2022. No 7th year celebration for 2023.
- Oda Nobuhime later joined Hololive under the name Omaru Polka.
- Hololive AZki, initially managed by both upd8 and INNK, sadly did not escape mismanagement after exiting upd8, was very active on her PL account, created her own music group named La prière. She only started streaming regularly on her AZki channel around April 2023, one year after the disbandment of INNK.
- AyaMina sisters, one joined Hololive under Inugami Korone, the other one is rumored to be Nijisanji's Inui Touko, but no concrete evidence.
- Shibuya Hal, one of the few who actually stayed with upd8 until the very final days, went on to become one of the most recognized names in the vtuber industry and established his own corpo named Neo-Porte.
- Suou Patra - she was a pillar of 774 inc. until she went independent recently - 756k subscribers
- Tomari Mari - 477k subs, a decently popular independent vtuber who seems to have connections everywhere, participated in Shibuya Hal's Vsaikyou #1 and #2, collabed with Ange Katrina of Nijisanji, Matsuri of hololive, recently showed up in Fubuki's & Polka's year end totsumachi and Kson's Offline Meet as one of the guests That's as far as I know about him.
- Utai Makea - 455k subs, collabs alot with Holostars it seems.
- Omegasister - 375k subscribers, the other famous sister vtubers in JP beside HimeHina
- YuNi - a vsinger with 368k subs
- Inaba Haneru - 774 inc. - 354k subs
- Most are still active to various degrees of success, I saw like 10 retirements, not sure if they reincarnated or not.
In another timeline, upd8 didnt mismanage itself to oblivion and would become one of the big pillars of the industry with just the names they already had.
- The narrator about Nobuhime situation might be exaggerating since his clip didn't proved everything he said, particular the "twitter attacks" on tamaki, I wasn't able to find source or proof and the clip he provided didn't include it. I did find a clip of Tamaki talking about her DMs with Nobuhime, in which Nobuhime acted really fucking weird and turned down their collabs, later found out to be prompted by management. But the guy is also about the only person who knew about nobuhime so.
- Upd8 wasn't able to build a community like hololive did despite having so many talents because they played favorite with Kizuna and smaller new vtuber under them don't really have the chance to collaborate and making use of the company network, despite upd8 calling themself a network. AZki and most of their smaller vtuber lived on an island compared to the rest.
- While they did have Korone, she didn't even last 7 months in upd8. Instant graduation during 2018. She was recruited and thrown away.
- Probs an immense lack of staffs which is mostly concentrated toward Kizuna Ai.
- No idea how they were spending millions of dollar and going in debt when niji spend near 0 for their talents. Might be a case of Sam Bankman fried where the CEO spends on himself/buying ludicurous ads.

Bronze

Wasn't she going, or planning to go corpo? Her future manager(may god help that man/woman) will take care of it, or try to at least. Just make her not use this account as much when the time comes.

Shiina cooking at the top of the hour

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
marines dad sounds like a cool guy

same guy who has hots for chocosen btw

Chiato Macchiato

Macchiato "Definitely a PSYOP" Chiato
KoboMarine original song premiering today with an animated MV

Wow that was a good song and a really cool MV. Found my favorite vtuber song for now :sanasmile:. Also KoboMarine can be shorten to koborine or korine and it sounds like a ship pairing name so it's cute(?)

I checked the other idol spic and yep another dime a dozen uwu voice and a whore too. Anyone who likes daddy yankie is a defacto whore in this case an old whore. This one seems latina, can't tell from where though. *Her english voice is more interesting than her "normal" voice. Very cringe.
They were boooooooooooring as fuck. I would like to have ES vtubers really but the majority of them have nothing going on. They feel like normal streamers with an avatar and unfunny voices.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Noefure collab is live! Heres both POVs.

Very happy to see them collabing again, its been a while since they have done a one on one collab like this :D

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
marines dad sounds like a cool guy

same guy who has hots for chocosen btw

I was about to say these conditions where easy until the last part where he said you need to be a "Good Japanese Citizen who pays his taxes"
:yagoocry:

thirteenorphans

I was about to say these conditions where easy until the last part where he said you need to be a "Good Japanese Citizen who pays his taxes"
:yagoocry:
It's just a legally acceptable way to say "no Niji"

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Watame premiering the new "Can You Do the Hololive?". Where she plays every member of Hololive.

Last edited:

GayKusa

Early Adopter
Not Vtuber but Vtuber adiancent... The famous Muscle Girl Bar in Tokyo has a live stream that's on every day.

It also made me discover that I'm apparently suicidal since I would let the massively tattooed and pierced girl do anything to me.

I have been there and paid to get beaten and made fun of when I lost in arm wrestling
Fantastic place, 10/10 would do it again

Note: You have to book your timeslot in advance

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Congrats to Fuji Aoi on winning the singing competition

:subaruclapping:

Also Rikka released an MV with all the participants and the MCs

NotDecatto

DYRBI
Shannon collabing with Michi who made her entrance into the stream by singing some Eminem lol.

Bug Eater

Looks like Doki will be appearing in Sajam Slam 2. I wonder if Rosemi and Vivi will come back as well.

[a]
Hopefully not on the same team otherwise things will be pretty awkward :dokiSmug:
She's also going to be a team captain for Twitch Rivals next week (playing Party Animals).

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Top Bottom