"If Sakana wasn't a furry, Shiina could have been a crab"Fujikura Uruka

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

God's Strongest Dragoon

I hope they get a whole wave out of this. They have the capital and infrastructure to compete for third in the world, but their limited talent selection is holding them back.
Well now that NijiJP talents like Chihiro are leaving, they can start poaching them too

frz

Man's really here writing 'onani' (オナニー), and I don't know what other meaning it could have beyond masturbation. What the fuck is he cooking?
Onani can be inferred as self-complacency/self-satisfaction.

Is there a better word for it? Yes. Jiko manzoku is the proper term for it.

Is it on purpose that he wasn't using the better wording? Maybe not. Japanese in general doesn't like long sounding words and often try to use alternative/shorten them.
You can see plenty of example in here

But tbf the man specifically uses the furigana form and not the kanji. Maybe he really was subtweeting about riku's fapping. Surely he knows enough internet culture to know what onani means to the young uns.:smugmoona:

Last edited:

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)

VSoyBoy

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
It does 100% check out with Vshojo's M.O.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
I can certainly imagine Kson trying to convince Rica to join VHoeShow. Unfortunately Rica isn't very bright and might actually fall for it.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
They're almost definitely gonna bring in more people we know, at the very least. They've used auditions as a front before which I don't think is an inherently bad thing, it doesn't hurt to put the feelers out there in case someone surprisingly special comes along, but their business model of taking on talent with pre-existing audiences clearly works well for them.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

It does 100% check out with Vshojo's M.O.

I can certainly imagine Kson trying to convince Rica to join VHoeShow. Unfortunately Rica isn't very bright and might actually fall for it.

They're almost definitely gonna bring in more people we know, at the very least. They've used auditions as a front before which I don't think is an inherently bad thing, it doesn't hurt to put the feelers out there in case someone surprisingly special comes along, but their business model of taking on talent with pre-existing audiences clearly works well for them.

Unfortunately, it really does seem like we can guess what's going to happen. Does Kson have any other close friends in the JP Streaming space? Mirai Akari's VA would make a lot of sense. But, a reincarnated Mel is probably so likely happening, though maybe she wouldn't want to take on a secondary persona again.

Koronesuki

X-Potato

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

This is a good bit more random of a post, but I think it'll point to how some things are going to go in the next generation of Vtubing.

For various reasons, the algo sent me into an interesting rabbit hole.

There's going to end up being a really important history in Vtubing that stems from Honkai Star Rail very specifically. VAs have been in the Vtubing & streaming space for a while, but HSR seems to have caused a pretty heavy shift into a lot of newer VAs actually streaming. The important part is that the HSR VAs seem to all have contact with each other, which creates an automatic collab network on a very large scale. I'm guessing this VA network really started with Genshin Impact and has built up over time, but it's currently centered around Star Rail. I highlighted Molly here because she's already a locked in 3 view that goes well in the 4 view range whenever there's a big release on any of the Gacha Games.

While they're mostly isolated to the Gacha Games at the moment, the network has drug a huge collection of the VAs into being setup to stream & streaming regularly. We're seeing the morphing of the VA industry and the normalization of some sort of hybrid with Vtubing. It's far more just PNGtubing, but I'd expect far more to join in. Obviously, there's actually a couple of heavy hitters as full Vtubers already, but we're going to see basically the entire English VA scene as Vtubers over the next couple of years and the type of Vtubing will be drawn in with it. It'll be far more bridged over with normal streamers and younger audiences pretty fast.

This is definitely a "look back at the effect in 5 years" post, but the instant I clicked on a Vtuber cringe whaling in a gacha game clip I came across this. It already has a really strong network effect and it'll keep growing.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
You can apply to Vshojo Japan.

Not mentioned in the job description: minimum 4-view status and 250K sub Twitch or YouTube account required. Ex-Nijisanji talents preferred.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
I forgot VShojo is about :talentfreedom:
Mel is a great pick, you could add some ex-TwitchKR talents that lost their home, I don't think Ririca would get in but could be a powerhouse for their ASMR team. This sounds like a huge stretch, but perhaps Onigiri?

frz

This is a good bit more random of a post, but I think it'll point to how some things are going to go in the next generation of Vtubing.

For various reasons, the algo sent me into an interesting rabbit hole.

There's going to end up being a really important history in Vtubing that stems from Honkai Star Rail very specifically. VAs have been in the Vtubing & streaming space for a while, but HSR seems to have caused a pretty heavy shift into a lot of newer VAs actually streaming. The important part is that the HSR VAs seem to all have contact with each other, which creates an automatic collab network on a very large scale. I'm guessing this VA network really started with Genshin Impact and has built up over time, but it's currently centered around Star Rail. I highlighted Molly here because she's already a locked in 3 view that goes well in the 4 view range whenever there's a big release on any of the Gacha Games.

While they're mostly isolated to the Gacha Games at the moment, the network has drug a huge collection of the VAs into being setup to stream & streaming regularly. We're seeing the morphing of the VA industry and the normalization of some sort of hybrid with Vtubing. It's far more just PNGtubing, but I'd expect far more to join in. Obviously, there's actually a couple of heavy hitters as full Vtubers already, but we're going to see basically the entire English VA scene as Vtubers over the next couple of years and the type of Vtubing will be drawn in with it. It'll be far more bridged over with normal streamers and younger audiences pretty fast.

This is definitely a "look back at the effect in 5 years" post, but the instant I clicked on a Vtuber cringe whaling in a gacha game clip I came across this. It already has a really strong network effect and it'll keep growing.

1. Those aren't vtubers, those are PNG tubers. If you count them as vtuber you gonna have to count swaggersoul, sykkuno, dream, corpse's husband, LIRIK as vtubers. At least I clicked on your video and none of them were using a vtubing model, most of them don't even have a png representing themselves and just use their character instead.
2. The VAs were already doing this years ago, starting with Genshin impact. Honkai hardly kickstarted anything, more like a continuation of the old group.
3. Gacha content creators are usually gated within their own community and rarely do well when branching out in variety. The only one I know of is kektone and even he doesn't have amazing viewership and just jump from play gacha to another.

I agree that more VA should and will start streaming since it's actually a more viable career path than doing VA, noone can live off being VA in the US except for really big ones, before streaming people were working sidejobs and there definitely were waiters. In fact some one like Lilypichu already did that like 10 years ago, using content creation to fund her VA dreams. People just picked streaming up now because COVID prevented them from doing any other 2nd job, then they realized how lucrative it is.

What I disagree is lumping them with vtubers because they play "Chinese anime games". Until they adopt a vtubing identity, they aren't vtubers, the worst example is the one you used for "Molly Zhang", she uses her IRL freaking name as her twitch handle and IRL face as avatar. WHERE IS THE VTUBING? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY HYBRID?

Of the people I named, sykkuno and lilypichu actually commissioned and regularly use their live2D model, yet noone call them vtubers, nor should they ever be classified as such.

Last edited:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

*You can now get poached for vshojo japan.

I honestly have no idea why the most rancid, stereotypical westoid corpo is trying to get into an oversaturated market they have little to no control over. Why don't they just hire more big twitch EN indies? That's their fucking niche and they are already orbited by a lot of those people. Trying to get into Japan is a nonsensical course of action imo.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Lain Paterson entering the fifth volume of Blue Archive.

With her new Chinese style outfit in a Japanese style academy.

Re:AcT's Usuwa Suu singing at 7PM JST.

Her usual Wednesday timeslot.

Some interactions between VSpo's Sendo Yuuhi and Asumi Sena while they watched LoL tournaments.

This clip is relevant to my interests.

Looking forward to Patra's kushami tasukaru house.

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!

Start listing all ESL/EFL streamers that live in Japan!

BUY BUY BUY BUY
I hope for their sake that Japan doesn't have any particular "fake advertising" law that could fuck them over legally... but it would be funny if it did. :dokiSmugNew:

Dr. Welshman

This is pretty disgusting. People have a hate boner for Taiga from the whole cancellation thing they did 3 years ago in which they crippled his career. People like Marina have kept trying to fuck him over 3 years after the fact despite also having a ton of skeletons in their closet. Not a fan of people trying to take other's content down with mass reports and abusing the report sysystem.
Could you give me the info on this? I don't have a clue so a teal deer would be good to have, thanks in advance!

Top Bottom