"Fauna is a skinhead...!!!"Tsunomaki Watame

Graduation of Pomu Rainpuff

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Hololive is a candidate for Pomu primarily because of friends like Kiara and her hard-on for idol shit. vShojo, obvious reasons. Phase was never a candidate, but seeing as how they're on the upswing, it's actually interesting to compare-and-contrast with the big two/three-ish as Niji looks like it's on the way out.

As an aside, the complaints about Phase coming up in discussions is as gay and retarded as the forced interjection/the poachbegging also. It's an Events thread and we're looking at the incipient collapse of Niji EN. Given all the doomposting about it, someone will step up to be #2 in the West. Did you all forget where we are? Quit being fags and revel in the chaos. Bad decisions are coming home to roost.
Holobronies know that Holo only debuts one gen a year and pomu obviously got poached by vshojo, we only cope about gura still being alive.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
You discount the blue dorito buff, just like canner said "If ya get in Holo ya set dawg!"
Trust me man, if Pomu isn't sick of JP corpo stuff I think Hololive is the best fit for her out of anything. But I have a feeling Nina headhunted her directly and Holo want given any opportunity to make a move.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
now that i remember: this is going to come down again to a competition of who has more friends where or not
This situation has nothing to do with logistics: AGAIN
But i guess its interesting this spawned a healthy conversation about EN vtubing :)

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Inb4 HoloInvaders becomes a thing
And its just Kiara skinwalking as Pomu

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
the fact that Hololive isn't even being considered as an option is strange to me. Both Selen and Pomu have connections within Hololive, and would provide something unique to the brand.
You may be guaranteed 300k subscribers by signing up, but most of the EN talents hover under 10k ccv.
Holo released a new gen just recently (by holo standards, it's been forever by niji standards), so it would be a while before they could start going again. They'd also likely need to go through the normal application process; they're not such super-stars that holo would drop everything to grab them now. Holo are a business, not a charity.

6-10k ccv for non-special-event streams is still the near-apex of the industry. The only EN vtuber where I would expect over 10k for a normal stream* these days is Gura (maybe Vox, but I don't keep up with what his audience is like).

*yes, yes, I know, what I mean is not a big collab, anniversary, birthday, outfit reveal, etc.

frz

Pippa and Selen are almost 1:1 on viewcount averaging around 50k per vod; with the main difference being Selen has 3 times the subscribers. It's safe to say Selen would be middle of the pack in Vshojo and on the lower end in Hololive, but would be a major player in phase.

the fact that Hololive isn't even being considered as an option is strange to me. Both Selen and Pomu have connections within Hololive, and would provide something unique to the brand.

She could finally go full racist asian like she always wanted.
My prediction/schizo theory:
Pomu: Hololive the company is largely focused in the area she wants, and has the resources to make her goals a reality.
Selen: indy probably starting one of those indy confederations with Rpr and Qu.
Rosemi: this only happens if Nijisanji fumbles the bag on Tekken 8, but Phase considering her numbers are comparable to Tenma, and actually has former colleagues there it makes sense.
Hololive gets ruled out because Hololive doesn't recruit someone based on connections & past glory like Vshojo does. They had never poached a big name from another company and are satisfied with grooming no names. People linked luna but she was literally a noname who got bullied out of niji 5 years ago.

There's also the stuff with Pomu dm-ing Mika and she got really excited, I kinda doubt holo is taking them both in, but ID4 and EN4 is still a possibility I guess.

They also take a really long time in order to debut a new gen and seems satisfied where they are at. Ask them where JP7 is. If pomu were to join holo she'd have to stay off the internet until july at the very least.

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt all of advent's PL 2-views? Maybe GGN was a low 3 view.

Bronze

Trust me man, if Pomu isn't sick of JP corpo stuff I think Hololive is the best fit for her out of anything. But I have a feeling Nina headhunted her directly and Holo want given any opportunity to make a move.
Did holo ever made a move for someone before that changes its plans? I know there's someone from Niji, but it always felt like they stick to their regular schedule when it comes to talents and debuts. Afaik they are fine with not getting some good talents, as long as they can get talents that fits their plan that serve their purpose.
now that i remember: this is going to come down again to a competition of who has more friends where or not
But i guess its interesting this spawned a healthy conversation about EN vtubing :)
Don't think the result would change even without friendships, but its normal in this case imo. Because Vshojo has no gen debuts and auditions, so they can simply gather any friend of talents and pull debuts out of their ass as many times as they want whenever they want.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Hololive gets ruled out because Hololive doesn't recruit someone based on connections & past glory like Vshojo does. They had never poached a big name from another company and are satisfied with grooming no names. People linked luna but she was literally a noname who got bullied out of niji.

There's also the stuff with Pomu dm-ing Mika and she got really excited, I kinda doubt holo is taking them both in, but ID4 and EN4 is still a possibility I guess.

They also take a really long in order to debut a new gen and seems satisfied where they are at. Ask them where JP7 is. If pomu were to join holo she'd have to stay off the internet until july at the very least.

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt all of advent's PL 2-views? Maybe GGN was a low 3 view.
Caitylin Meyers (Nerissa) didnt have that much numbers as a vtuber but she was a great success song-wise but i think thats accurate yeah

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Did holo ever made a move for someone before that changes its plans? I know there's someone from Niji, but it always felt like they stick to their regular schedule when it comes to talents and debuts. Afaik they are fine with not getting some good talents, as long as they can get talents that fits their plan and serve their purpose.
They have on the JP side - namely Korone, Luna, and Polka. They snagged them from competitors specifically but then just rolled them into a normal wave

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
For all we know, Pomu will go inactive for a bit and relax. Or show up again at the stroke of midnight Pacific Time right after she graduates. It could be her meds influencing it. Or the shitload of alcohol. It's uncertain, besides the only certainty: she's getting out and going to a better situation, wherever and whenever that might be.

I dunno, depends on how demanding her 3D/stage performance ideas will be? Again, only "educated" or "informed" guessing. We're ultimately huffing our own farts past a point.

I mean we're seemingly at the precipice of the day we all joked and trolled about: a major player (Holo/Niji) in vtubing shuttering/folding it's EN branch.

This is the macro (big) picture discussion here. Niji EN going the way of every other non-JP branch would be a sea-change for the scene. Subject to being folded into the JP/global Niji structure.. none of the former branch "markets" (for lack of a better word) have ever recruited or sought applicants from them again, right? That effectively means those markets and the talents from them are dead and left to rot unless they have enough capability with Nihongo to be of value (ex-KR for example?). So best case is ex-KR (some(?) support?).. and worst case is ex-ID (what support?) (or ex-IN, who got flushed in the loo).

The immediate emotional reaction to Pomu has come and gone, now we're at the point where we try to autistically analyze what this means for ENtubing and trying to prognosticate her destination off of Pomu's friends/wants going forward.

Last edited:

frz

They have on the JP side - namely Korone, Luna, and Polka. They snagged them from competitors specifically but then just rolled them into a normal wave
Mate polka & korone came from upd8 who went bankrupt on their own, they "snagged" them from the corpse of a dead corpo. It's like saying Phase Connect snagged talents from Tsunderia. And I dont think korone was big?

Luna wasn't big and she got bullied out of niji before applying to holo or she menhera-ed her way out of Niji, whichever you believe to be true. No sign of actual poaching.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
My opinion on the EN market is that there's just not enough normies (most of them left after the pandemic), so the corpos are just battling for a share of the weeb fans that are left, in this market mass appeal doesn't work as well so I think eventually all EN projects will end up with similar numbers and most will fizzle out. Holo trying to move onto games and metaverse crap is still a good idea IMO, they could very well mayflower it up on that industry and escape the heat death of EN vtubing (if it happens).

Trying to predict industry trends is so god damn difficult anyways, if you'd told me NijiEN would be brought to its knees in 2022 I would've laughed at you, if you told me EN vtubing in general was a profitable venture in 2019 I would've called you a retard.
Holocure grabbed a large ass portion of normies so your not wrong could happen again now that cover is aiding some of these projects officially now.

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
Hololive gets ruled out because Hololive doesn't recruit someone based on connections & past glory like Vshojo does. They had never poached a big name from another company and are satisfied with grooming no names. People linked luna but she was literally a noname who got bullied out of niji 5 years ago.

They also take a really long time in order to debut a new gen and seems satisfied where they are at. Ask them where JP7 is. If pomu were to join holo she'd have to stay off the internet until july at the very least.

I disagree: we have been waiting HOLOID4 for more than a year now, i understand they always take their time to search for good candidates but it feels they should debut soon

frz

I disagree: we have been waiting HOLOID4 for more than a year now, i understand they always take their time to search for good candidates but it feels they should debut soon
The debuting soon is why I doubt Mika is getting in it. If ID4 debuts in the next 2 months no way MIka is getting in. As it's normal for Holo to hold their talents hostage for 5-6 months before debuting them (unless Holostars).
Don't know what you disagree with me in here.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I think the Dorito buff is exaggerated at this point, and not as beneficial to someone like Selen or Pomu. The buff is mainly for low 3 view indies, and is just the massive exposure you get in your initial debut. You may be guaranteed 300k subscribers by signing up, but most of the EN talents hover under 10k ccv.

Rather die a Blue Dorito than live another day a Rainboweater.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
This talk about whether Pomu would consider trying for Vshojo vs Hololive.. it sounds like it'll come down to if she is truly in retirement easy-mode with former niji friends or does she still have idol dreams and wants to be on the biggest possible concert stages for vtubers. I never watched her ever so I'll lean on her fans to chime in on this. Is Pomu going to just stream games and do lazy reactions to "Every 40k Faction explained part III" by Bricky and whatever Twitch drama is going on atm with Asmongold, Destiny and Pokimane.

Hololive is the one with the brand new studio and guaranteed multiple in-person concerts a year + much more online only performances and events, and being on the same stage as vtuber legends like Suisei, Sora, etc in front of 6k+ live audience. The downside is still having to deal with JP bullshit, much less talent freedom, and probably having to wait half a year if not more to debut (if accepted). Again, it'll depend on if she wants to still do the true idol gig thing. Hololive is on another level when it comes to the idol thing, no one else is close.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This talk about whether Pomu would consider trying for Vshojo vs Hololive.. it sounds like it'll come down to if she is truly in retirement easy-mode with former niji friends or does she still have idol dreams and wants to be on the biggest possible concert stages for vtubers. I never watched her ever so I'll lean on her fans to chime in on this. Is Pomu going to just stream games and do lazy reactions to "Every 40k Faction explained part III" by Bricky and whatever Twitch drama is going on atm with Asmongold, Destiny and Pokimane.

Hololive is the one with the brand new studio and guaranteed multiple in-person concerts a year + much more online only performances and events, and being on the same stage as vtuber legends like Suisei, Sora, etc in front of 6k+ live audience. The downside is still having to deal with JP bullshit, much less talent freedom, and probably having to wait half a year if not more to debut (if accepted). Again, it'll depend on if she wants to still do the true idol gig thing. Hololive is on another level when it comes to the idol thing, no one else is close.

I may be a filthy fucking Holoshill but I still believe she's going Vshojo or indie, ironlung's tweet under that grad thing was enough confirmation to me. Vshojo also has a track record of doing this shit anyways.
What's more likely? An agency known to do formal recruitment runs with a set format and procedures for debuting talent? or a group known for taking already popular, disenfranchised talent that has already ripped two members off of the same agency?

I said the phasenigs were coping when they made a case for phase, and I will say the same about Holo.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Vshojo here, Hololive there, Phase somewhere in between...

You're all missing the big picture.

VAllure is about to launch, it has models ready, and exoe is looking for talents with lewd content creation experience to join her.

/b/omu just so happens to have this experience.

/b/omu for VAllure.

Imagine the threads.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Vshojo here, Hololive there, Phase somewhere in between...

You're all missing the big picture.

VAllure is about to launch, it has models ready, and exoe is looking for talents with lewd content creation experience to join her.

/b/omu just so happens to have this experience.

/b/omu for VAllure.

Imagine the threads.
It is a revenue split that she couldn't say no to

:kaelaapprob:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I may be a filthy fucking Holoshill but I still believe she's going Vshojo or indie, ironlung's tweet under that grad thing was enough confirmation to me. Vshojo also has a track record of doing this shit anyways.
What's more likely? An agency known to do formal recruitment runs with a set format and procedures for debuting talent? or a group known for taking already popular, disenfranchised talent that has already ripped two members off of the same agency?

I said the phasenigs were coping when they made a case for phase, and I will say the same about Holo.

Frankly, I want Fox Mom and Piss Fairy back together more than I want Piss Fairy and Orange Chicken, even if it is contrary to what the best direction for her career to go relative to her interests. Kiara's already busy with her second birdwife anyway, no need to complicate things. :smugselen: Man this smug face is going to get more painful to use when Selen goes. :depressedtako:

Top Bottom