"Hakos! You are shining girl! You are shining girl foah me!"Oozora Subaru

Nijisanji declares Total Retard War on Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

frz

Miguel Gato must have a guardian angel looking after her.
To have a whole-ass company self-immolate and take most of the attention off her own fuck ups can only be explained by divine intervention on her behalf.
Contrary to popular belief. Voice-ore has decided to keep her. Her whales will likely stick with this heartbroken and betrayed woman
The only one losing from this whole affair is gonna be mafumafu.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
That's not how that works . That's not how anything works.
It is if dokis gunning for a settlement.
It always surprises me that people tend to just handwave the cost of litigation. Do they not realize why attorney's fees are so coveted in a damages award?
i assume people arent avid lolcow and lolcow readers or havent experienced court.
what

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
this is pre trial mediation, selen's lawyer cant drop a doc of accusations and say "you cant show this to anyone". Niji lawyers are going to look at it line by line and weigh the veracity of each claim and they can only do that by showing each talent what their accused of and if they have a rebuttal to the claims.
Akchually... yeah, you're right. Everyone omits crucial info, maybe there are multiple documents each refer to different one. Who knows... Disclosing any of this publicly is main issue though, as Doki claim she have confidentiality agreement about that.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Can you tards go make love in a hotel or something and stop shitting up the thread?

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Stocks dropped an additional 150 yen today. That makes a nearly 16% drop in price over the last 5 days. Going back to December, the buy back is about a 140 yen drop from being completely wiped out.
It dropped literally to year old value

MAXIMUM PENETRATION

I only post when I cannot contain my autism
Goddamn it, Tazumi expertly cut me off by addressing NEGLIGIBLE.

Anyway, I'm a little wary about any knock on effects this might have on Cover. Some investors may think Cover suffers from the same problems as Anycolor and exit.
Cover is definitely paying attention, given Dmitri Jap's retweet. The problem is whether they learn the correct lessons.
They might think EN as a branch might be too unruly, and management starts ruling with an iron fist or be more hesitant to invest time/money if they think the branch could suddenly implode. I hope they instead learn from Doki, and value giving their creators more support with their projects, but then they might need to navigate accusations of favoritism.
I mean they terminated Mel, and Aloe had an attempt, and there wasn't as big of a backlash.

Some people are trying to draw a comparison between this and Coco, but Coco's outrage was from nationalism and she streamed for less than a year, wheras Doki's outrage was in support of her and she streamed for two and a half. I forgot how badly Cover got hated when they suspended Coco because I was busy in my hating chinks phase.
From the Towa, Coco, Aloe, and Rushia outrage, I think the western sphere generally always sides with the talent.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Request to add getting me to sit through an entire stream of @The Proctor to Niji's list of sins.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Akchually... yeah, you're right. Everyone omits crucial info, maybe there are multiple documents each refer to different one. Who knows... Disclosing any of this publicly is main issue though, as Doki claim she have NDA about that.
generally, companies dont act like niji for this very reason.
Can you tards go make love in a hotel or something and stop shitting up the thread?
I'll predict it now "Doki bit off more than she could chew with the legal shit and its going to go badly for her" $500 usd to the TVA if she wins anything from her lolsuit

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
Request to add getting me to sit through an entire stream of @The Proctor to Niji's list of sins.
I didnt actually think it was going to take him 2 fucking hours. IT WAS A JOKE, PROCTOR, NOT A CHALLENGE.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
image.png

Still rising.

frz

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I didnt actually think it was going to take him 2 fucking hours. IT WAS A JOKE, PROCTOR, NOT A CHALLENGE.
Ever heard of EFAP? Proctor is British like MauLer, it's in his veins!
:whatastory:

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister

God's Strongest Dragoon

this doesnt make sense since a publicly traded company has to inform shareholders of legal issues and the impact itll have on quarterly earnings.
That's not how you disclose potential litigation expenses to shareholders. You do not have to disclose the explicit details of the potential lawsuit to your shareholders, merely an estimated impact it may have, based on what the settlement would be and the likelihood of them losing/settling. The fact that the Niji lawyers are unable to share the doc with talents to verify the veracity of the document to properly assess the potential litigation expenses is a result of their own signing of the confidentiality agreement.
niji cant show the streamers the whole doc, they can show the relevant portions to the accused. There's no way Niji lawyers can draft a response without getting elira's
side.
Again, that's not how any of this works. The confidentiality agreement was to not share the contents of the document. There was likely zero lawsuit being sent to Niji at this point and their lawyers would have no necessity to draft a response to it. What they stated was that Selen stated she was possibly looking into legal action against the talents themselves. If Selen did follow through and took legal action against the talents, the talents would see the document at that point when legal action is taken against them. Because Niji shared the document with the talents, they have now broken their confidentiality agreement and provided a case against themselves.

Let me rephrase this in a simple way for you to understand:
1) Doki shows Niji the doc and tells them to fuck off or she'll release it and that she's considering going after the talents
2) The confidentiality agreement prohibited Niji from sharing the document with anyone outside their legal team, likely to ensure that Doki wouldn't air it out to the public
3) For Niji's legal team, the fight is effectively over for them and resolved. However Doki may take legal action against the talents if she desired.
4) Niji is prohibited from sharing any details of the doc with the talents, which they do anyways
5) Niji is now open to legal action while their talents can still have legal action taken against them and Selen may release the doc to the public

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
You know, I had a rat the other day that Niji may have hired an outside firm to help them with this crisis management. I have never been so utterly wrong in my entire life.

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
Miguel Gato must have a guardian angel looking after her.
To have a whole-ass company self-immolate and take most of the attention off her own fuck ups can only be explained by divine intervention on her behalf.
It's going to be her and DSP at the end of days.

On topic. que the but it did get worse.mp4

grenskul

Spergin' in the rain
It is if dokis gunning for a settlement.
No it isn't .
As someone who has signed NDAs in more than one jurisdiction (normally about work not civil suits but it's not too different).
You can be contacted by a lawyer. He doesn't have to tell you who he represents , he doesn't have to tell you that he's building a case against you or any of that . He can say " I have these documents that pertain to a client of mine that affect you/your company/ your property, I can let you see them/respond/comment if you sign an NDA saying you won't discuss these with anyone". At that point the receiver can either:
A: sign the NDA and receive the documents
B: not sign the NDA and not know what this is all about ,
If B the receiver can in some jurisdictions sue to get the contents if they believe it to be matter of public safety (this is more for IT and vulnerability disclosure but I'm sure other industries have their own version).
We can easily assume this is what Selen did trough any competent lawyer. Because breaking these things is a big nono , specially in a jurisdiction that cares more about the letter of the law than the spirit like japan.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Bad night for Riku Tazumi
Good night for everyone else :)

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Where you Yamanbas been when null needed a lawyer?

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband
You know, I had a rat the other day that Niji may have hired an outside firm to help them with this crisis management. I have never been so utterly wrong in my entire life.
Their consultant must have listed WACTOR as previous experience in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom