"A new record: I've only insulted the British twice this stream. I'm on a roll!"Gavis Bettel

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Apart from TSB I don't think any other Holos will or can comment since Selen wasn't that close with any of 'em. If I was Holo I would tell them to stay out of it though Axel's quote is tame enough that it gives him plausible deniability.
Mumei is definitely close enough. Zeta also seemed to get along with her well. Ollie is Ollie, she would normally say something. The issue is, how much are they allowed to do or say without risking the relationship between Hololive and Nijisanji?

God's Strongest Dragoon

People is sleeping on the implications of Selen getting nuked, Kyo and Pomu probably saw the writing on the wall and bailed because what come next is stagnation, no one is going to risk making projects and getting slammed at the last hour

Now with stagnation on the horizon, the rest of the masochists that remain are just going to barely produce any new content and the brand is poisoned so bad that every new wave is going to get 0 support from viewers, free thinkers and people with creativity are now frowned in soviet nijeria, i honestly believe that in the EN sector they dont count as competition anymore , in the great scheme is good that they are exploding this bad to show the other players in the scene how to not fuck it this badly

And now comes the question now that the second big player is wounded how the others are going to make their moves, Selen for now is prime target for poaching i can assure you there are bid wars on her head, she probably got soured out of japanese companies so VSPO is out of the list, that only leave the coffee company, israel and the great iron rat cabal
holy fuck

add not paying for comms on time the talents pay for themselves to the list of nijicrimes

Yeah, that's the big takeaway from this. If this branch were to stagnate, there would be a few MVs coming out per year. However they just shined a light on how fucking retarded they are that they'll just yank the project last minute and won't even pay a penny when they're on the line, forcing the talent to pony up. Artists are eager to work for the Big Two because that's A LOT of exposure and will net them bigger contracts in the future but this recent news kills that for NijiEN. Imagine spending work on a big project, management delays it for years, doesn't pay, and then yanks the project last minute so you don't even get the exposure.

Good luck to any NijiEN deciding to stick it out in light of this because you're going to have a hell of a time getting projects finished now. The branch is a dead man walking now. NijiEN has managed to nuke their entire EN ecosystem in a day, fucking retards. It's like one of the main points of having a manager is that they're suppose to handle getting these projects done for you and NijiEN has clearly displayed that they're doing NOTHING for the talents other than hurting them.
Then recovered to old level slowly
They didn't naturally recover, they did a stock buyback that helped boost them during that time. The Selen Unalive Attempt was also not the cause of the dip, as that occurred about 10ish days before Christmas.
Ho... Holy shit how bad at PR could you possibly be. It hasn't even been 24 hours and their trying to shill some merch. :zaionwhatsgoingon:
I'm willing to bet it's some automated announcement.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
It's afternoon in Japan now and this doesn't seem to have affected the noombers too much. It kind of shows how much distance there is between Japan's perception of Nijisanji vs. the Western perception of Nijisanji. I've seen Western companies take much bigger hits for significantly smaller PR kerfuffles before.

image.png
image.png

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
holy fuck

add not paying for comms on time the talents pay for themselves to the list of nijicrimes

What the hell? They don’t pay the artist?! Jesus I’m becoming more convinced the 2% merch rrat to be credible.

There was some other issues with another liver about six months before that. And that incident caused them to start clamping down before Sayu's graduation. I'm sure Sayu's graduation was a catalyst to double down on those changes.

I've been told that the newer contract is a lot more restrictive than it used to be a year ago.

Now I know why the way they make their content felt restrictive and ubiquitos.
A bit of a tangent from False stream: sounds like Sayu doing a lot better mentally and not so bitter anymore. She's not my cup of tea, but i'm glad she's recovering and doing well.

It’s good karma is knocking down on Anycolor for defaming Zaion. The fact a surprising amount of NijiEN livers graduating this year will not surprise me they could graduate 6 or 7 more of them.

Dokobird’s (Selen) friend Shachi (Mumei) made a fan art. I hope they collab each other someday, if not that is fine.

chihirogumi

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I've seen Western companies take much bigger hits for significantly smaller PR kerfuffles before.
I believe the shift will come closer to the end of this quarter considering penny pinching stunt they did with Selen merch before termination. While japs dont speak PR, they speak money, and there will inevitably be a dip in revenue having 4 high performing talents dissapear in just 3 months with more to go a bit later.
This is a rat.

hlwldlnf

Archive

Kuro aka Not mysta’s alt on this. I know this dude doesn’t have the best track record but considering he probably is in contact with many nijis behind the scenes, it might be worth noting

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I believe the shift will come closer to the end of this quarter considering penny pinching stunt they did with Selen merch before termination. While japs dont speak PR, they speak money, and there will inevitably be a dip in revenue having 4 high performing talents dissapear in just 3 months with more to go a bit later.
This is a rat.
Do the JPs still have solid, consistent numbers these days? I genuinely couldn't name any of them beyond maybe that Sara(?) girl that Haachama likes, but I've always assumed from how much investment each branch seems to get that the JP branch is where the money is for Nijisanji while EN are relatively just table scraps. If the JPs are still bringing in respectable revenue I can't see a side branch that just kinda exists for the most part tanking their performance overall.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Is someone actually gonna have to rope themselves before names are named, Jesus. I know canceling is gay but vagueposting is also turbo gay

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Do the JPs still have solid, consistent numbers these days? I genuinely couldn't name any of them beyond maybe that Sara(?) girl that Haachama likes, but I've always assumed from how much investment each branch seems to get that the JP branch is where the money is for Nijisanji while EN are relatively just table scraps. If the JPs are still bringing in respectable revenue I can't see a side branch that just kinda exists for the most part tanking their performance overall.
For the most recent reporting period (Aug 1 to Oct 31), NijiEn accounted for 19.3% of the company's revenue, and the branch had made 12.8% less revenue than the same period in the previous year.

Viewerwise, Niji is still mostly a Japanese company, and bigger JP livers still do respectable consistent numbers.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
This is a rat.
I would be very interested in their quarterly report, they will have to report upon this subject.

What's the KPI? Employee Retention?

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I would be very interested in their quarterly report, they will have to report upon this subject.

Bare report https://ssl4.eir-parts.net/doc/5032/ir_material_for_fiscal_ym2/146949/00.pdf
Presentation https://ssl4.eir-parts.net/doc/5032/ir_material_for_fiscal_ym3/146950/00.pdf

They have a ridiculous liver retention KPI they report on in the presentation which I ignore completely because the way it's measured is meaningless.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Archive

Kuro aka Not mysta’s alt on this. I know this dude doesn’t have the best track record but considering he probably is in contact with many nijis behind the scenes, it might be worth noting

What is this ingelligent response? Is Mika posting on his account now, too?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Well, in most cases like this, it would be a pretty shocking and bad day. But given the lead up to her termination, it was more of a relief than anything. She is finally free of Niji's shackles, and the overwhelming amount of love and support she's gotten today has been amazing to witness. I obviously don't know how she is outside of her online persona, but everything I've seen and heard of her shows me that she absolutely deserves all of this love and support and deserved none of the shit she got at Niji. So despite the termination and horrible things leading up to it, things are looking up for Selen/Doki (going to take some getting used to just calling her Dokibird/Doki). The day could have definitely gone a lot worse, but thankfully, it didn't. Good for her.

Good night.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
im pretty sure Kuzuha still prints money and that will probably make up for anything Vox will ever bring
a part of me wonders if they gave up on the EN branch as soon as the chink money dried up or HoloEN stopped blundering, i think for Holo ever since Sana got the chance to just finally leave and Irys was formally folded into Promise/Council is the moment that seethe discord talk started aging like milk, The 3d debuts of Council and the fantastic reception of both DevIS and Advent was just piss on the corpse of NijiEN's relevancy

Last edited:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter

Archive

First official Holo response, though Axel liked and retweeted Dokibird's messages on his roommate earlier.

I'm pretty sure I remember Axel talking in his recent zatsudan about having to change the first song of his 3D live to Black Cherry at the last minute due to an "incident" that prevented him from being able to sing it. It wasn't a perms incident but "something happened" that he really can't mention what it is except it's an "ethics" issue. And Axel knew it was going to come up so wasn't a shock and didn't seem mad about it.

It's highly unlikely, but would be funny as fuck if he was planning to sing Last Cup of Coffee or some Selene original song out of solidarity for TSB.. but management stepped in to ruin the fun.

frz

At the rate they are going, they will add livers graduated into their KPI
Reminder that beat Pekora by a million last year to become the most watched vtubers. And that's just hours watched, his vod views are also insane and they easily hit a million randomly. He's by far better than everyone else at the moment
There's also kanae is also a hard grinder, he streams both on youtube and twitch (no simulcast) but either channels easily hit tops 10 on any chart. Combined he's like top 3-4 most watched vtubers.
Outside of those 2, ars almal, lauren iroas are also doing super well.

Outside of those they also have Mito who regularly get 8k-16k, but she only streams 4-6 times a month so her watch hour isnt high
Satome, the highest subscribed actually lost half her viewer base (dont know why), she went from 11-22k a stream last year to 6-11k this year. But still great numbers

The lolicon guy that made ui-loli actually regularly getting 20k+ viewers a stream, but he also stream only ~6 times a month like Mito

image.png

They also have maimoto (known friends of subaru) who hit high 4 views - low 5 views

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Wonder if it's the intern that wrote niji's statement.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

Dokobird’s (Selen) friend Shachi (Mumei) made a fan art. I hope they collab each other someday, if not that is fine.

It's crazy how, as a vtuber Mumei is a bird, and Doki is a bird. And then IRL Mumei loves whales, and Doki is a whale.
image.png

Also, this is an old one that she reposted too:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Wonder if it's the intern that wrote niji's statement.
Writing fingies reek of of shit, the one behind this is Pajeet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom