"what delicious feces this is, and it's actually"IRyS

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
Update from not-Selen:

Edit: Congratulations in advance for that play button.

Edit #2:

Last edited:

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
im pretty sure Kuzuha still prints money and that will probably make up for anything Vox will ever bring
a part of me wonders if they gave up on the EN branch as soon as the chink money dried up or HoloEN stopped blundering, i think for Holo ever since Sana got the chance to just finally leave and Irys was formally folded into Promise/Council is the moment that seethe discord talk started aging like milk, The 3d debuts of Council and the fantastic reception of both DevIS and Advent was just piss on the corpse of NijiEN's relevancy
It's a dilemma for Riku for sure. With the negative reception NijiEN has gotten lately and the possibility of it leaking to JP, Riku has a tough decision to make.

EN suffered big especially in 2023 but it still commands extra money for Riku.
Just look at how close the subs and superchat numbers Vox and Kuzuha have.

The Manjisanji mafia still brings in the money for Anycolor. As long as its not bleeding money, I don't see Riku folding the branch unless Vox graduates.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
At the rate they are going, they will add livers graduated into their KPI

Reminder that beat Pekora by a million last year to become the most watched vtubers.
Take these 2 charts, hours watched wise kazuha is unbeatable, kanae is also a hard grinder, he streams both on youtube and twitch (no simulcast) but either channels easily hit tops 10 on any chart.

Outside of those they also have Mito who regularly get 8k-16k, but she only streams 4-6 times a month so her watch hour isnt high
Satome, the highest subscribed actually lost half her viewerbase (dont know why), she went from 11-22k a stream last year to 6-11k this year. But still great numbers
The lolicon guy that made ui-loli actually regularly getting 20k+ viewers a stream, but he also stream only ~6 times a month like Mito
They also have maimoto (known friends of subaru) who hit high 4 views - low 5 views

Unrelated, but hot damn, Aki's that high?! Holy hell, what a turnaround from the low point she was at back in the beginning!

As someone who was there and was a part of the whole RoseTai200k, man oh man does that feel good to see.

A much needed pick-me-up!

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I don't see Riku folding the branch unless Vox graduates.
He did say he doesn't even like vtubing, and the Proctor is still asleep.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
How many NijiEN do ya think are going to quit this year over this? Or more accurately how many of the NijiEN that are still in have souls?

I tweeted a bit along these lines earlier (prompted by something Azehara tweeted about IIRC) and talked about it on stream as well: I now believe that it's immoral to support any NijiEN liver, especially financially, because a significant portion of that money will go to the entirely despicable company that they work for. Can't really separate the streamer from the corpo anymore especially when money is involved. Therefore, any good livers left at Niji who do not want to support a workplace that seems to have harassed a woman into a suicide attempt should be working towards graduating as quickly as possible, and any not doing so are implicitly supporting the status quo. Therefore, to support any liver, especially financially, before they graduate (or are terminated) is to support the toxic Niji workplace. Let the whole place come tumbling down for lack of support, or, failing that, let only the toxic elements be left to eat their own.

View attachment 62920

I knew I remembered this clip! Niji claims in their post that they hadn't seen any of the materials for Selen's music video until December 24th and that they panicked because they didn't know if all perms had been acquired, but Selen discussed this on stream. In the clip she goes over that she had requested this cover multiple times, that all relevant perms had been acquired but were being held up by the producer's OK, and most importantly that there is email evidence between her manager & Lilypichu's producer that her manager requested perms and confirmed receipt of them from her. They're fucking lying!

Apologies for the image upload and tweet, but I've never been able to access archiving sites for some reason and I'd appreciate this being saved.

Song perms are one thing. Presumably perms also needed to be obtained for all the animation and artwork commissioned for use in the video as well. So "she got song perms!" does not necessarily mean permissions were not an issue.

Now did she get art permissions? If so, I think it'd be cool to start seeing the artists tweeting any documentation they may have granting permission to use their work. If they have such paperwork and aren't tweeting it, I'm afraid one of the reasons might be because they don't want to piss off Niji in hopes of being able to do business with them again in the future. And, well, look above for an idea of what I think about people doing business with Niji right now (including the individual livers).

frz

Unrelated, but hot damn, Aki's that high?! Holy hell, what a turnaround from the low point she was at back in the beginning!

As someone who was there and was a part of the whole RoseTai200k, man oh man does that feel good to see.

A much needed pick-me-up!
That's Q4 numbers, she got boosted by ARK VRC and she took the opportunity and grinded the shit out of it.
She also was in the VCR GTA server and it was super wholesome her journey there as well. She made friends in there that she still plays together til this day but I'm sure you know of that if you still watch her clips.
Song perms are one thing. Presumably perms also needed to be obtained for all the animation and artwork commissioned for use in the video as well. So "she got song perms!" does not necessarily mean permissions were not an issue.

Now did she get art permissions? If so, I think it'd be cool to start seeing the artists tweeting any documentation they may have granting permission to use their work. If they have such paperwork and aren't tweeting it, I'm afraid one of the reasons might be because they don't want to piss off Niji in hopes of being able to do business with them again in the future. And, well, look above for an idea of what I think about people doing business with Niji right now (including the individual livers).
This was discussed during the last saga, the animators came out and say what the fuck to the "the song has been privated" tweets and so did the artists.

Last edited:

niggaphil

All the niji talent tweet today sounds very robotic.

It looks like the management took all of the livers' twitter access?

Last edited:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

Untitled.jpg
Riding out the storm is a good strategy. However, getting the fuck out of dodge is a better option, and management is trying to mask the ongoing walkout behind the scenes, tell they can get a Zion statement for everyone.
:baeJam:

Last edited:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Now did she get art permissions? If so, I think it'd be cool to start seeing the artists tweeting any documentation they may have granting permission to use their work.
Doki lawyered up. You don't spread evidence publicly.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Riding out the storm is a good strategy. However, getting the fuck out of dodge is a better option, and management is trying to mask the ongoing walkout behind the scenes, tell they can get a Zion statement for everyone.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Not sure where Enna is but the apostrophe on her post is different to Reimu's and Rosemi's.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I tweeted a bit along these lines earlier (prompted by something Azehara tweeted about IIRC) and talked about it on stream as well: I now believe that it's immoral to support any NijiEN liver, especially financially, because a significant portion of that money will go to the entirely despicable company that they work for. Can't really separate the streamer from the corpo anymore especially when money is involved. Therefore, any good livers left at Niji who do not want to support a workplace that seems to have harassed a woman into a suicide attempt should be working towards graduating as quickly as possible, and any not doing so are implicitly supporting the status quo. Therefore, to support any liver, especially financially, before they graduate (or are terminated) is to support the toxic Niji workplace. Let the whole place come tumbling down for lack of support, or, failing that, let only the toxic elements be left to eat their own.
I disagree, because just walking out of a job without something else lined up isn't a realistic ask, especially for the lower to mid-tier streamers in the company. Everyone who leaves a corpo takes a hit to the numbers unless they end up in another corpo, and VShojo ain't gonna sign them all - so I'd assume those who're staying have personal reasons for doing so rather than just being okay with it. People sticking around in a shit job for years to pay the bills until something better comes along isn't exclusive to vtubing, and I can't fault them if they're just doing what they need to do.

I also feel like pressuring for any kind of boycott will inevitably snowball into the "if you buy x, you support y" culture war shit. We already had a taste of that during the Hogwarts drama, I'd rather it not become a trend.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Update from not-Selen:

Congratulations in advance for that play button.

"I will actually get a play button"

Man I know yacht yacht and all, but it's fuckin goofy to consider that they actively just yoink these things from the talents. Holo always gets them and is happy to be like "YEaaaaah thanks guys" (Except Gura who iirc told her manager they can have hers) Which is funny because apprently you can just ask for another or something anyway?
Then you have Niji where people are just like "Oh yeah playbutton. Sure I totally have that thanks! Show it? uhm.. Hey look over there, a 2% mediocre quality merch drop!"

Never really occured to me before but it would be humorous if unsurprising at this point if it came out it's literally contracted that management locks the talent out of twitter for a few days or something after a graduation/termination. Which would ACTUALLY be funny if it then became a given that the only people who do get to make their own first tweet are because they're one of the people ignored by management lol. I mean they forgot to remove the mods and her twitch channel at least for a while so I mean...
It's honestly hard for me to think much of any of their management at this point. This whole situation was handled like such a shit show. Even the Vesper/Magni thing just sort of ended with no fanfare, and Mel basically got a sad hug on the way out.

Edit:
Just to clear this up, the first play button is free, duplicates have to be purchased.
Yeah I thought I remembered something like that. Though I imagine it's probably not a whole lot compared to what a decent sized streamer would rake in for your company. Course it's not like I have the exact number or price or anything.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Man I know yacht yacht and all, but it's fuckin goofy to consider that they actively just yoink these things from the talents. Holo always gets them and is happy to be like "YEaaaaah thanks guys" (Except Gura who iirc told her manager they can have hers) Which is funny because apprently you can just ask for another or something anyway?
Just to clear this up, the first play button is free, duplicates have to be purchased.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
alongside a few of my friends who are in hololive.
If it wasn't clear by now I'm a tranny. I figured it would be fine to use this name since I call myself a tranny in other places on the web.
I will call you by your preferred pronouns and not even make fun of you if you can connect me with IRyS.

Anyway, just a random musing to get back on topic and to the part I actually care about; interactions with hololive: What do people think the chances are of Doki being on an official Holo stream (most likely with Axel/Altare, but Mumei as a longshot), as opposed to all of them just using their personal accounts to interact from now on? (and I guess spreading this question out further; how long until Doki starts getting invited to tournaments/events?)
Never really occured to me before but it would be humorous if unsurprising at this point if it came out it's literally contracted that management locks the talent out of twitter for a few days or something after a graduation/termination.
Family takes twitter breaks together, and niji's are family.
(this stolen meme might be late because I am still not caught up. When can things just stop happening?)
image.png

Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
It's a dilemma for Riku for sure. With the negative reception NijiEN has gotten lately and the possibility of it leaking to JP, Riku has a tough decision to make.

EN suffered big especially in 2023 but it still commands extra money for Riku.
Just look at how close the subs and superchat numbers Vox and Kuzuha have.

The Manjisanji mafia still brings in the money for Anycolor. As long as its not bleeding money, I don't see Riku folding the branch unless Vox graduates.
You're a bit silly. It's no competition. Kuzuha brings in sponsers. Vox does not. When NijiEN brings collabs with McDonalds or something then it's a decision. Also, Kuzuha is in almost every big gaming collab and is actually good at those games getting 20k+ CCV. It's an insult to even compare the two in terms of popularity.

As for NijiEN, they will ignore it and continue on like usual. In the financial statement it will also be handwaved away.

frz

Then you have Niji where people are just like "Oh yeah playbutton. Sure I totally have that thanks! Show it? uhm.. Hey look over there, a 2% mediocre quality merch drop!"
Just to clear this up, an extra gold play button is 700$, silver one should be cheaper and that's SHIPPING INCLUDED pricing. And they are only that "pricey" to discourage random people buying them en mass. The actual cost of making one is like 20$. If nijisanji is serious about it, they can negotiate down the pricing when they bulk order them since they are a verified corporation.
There's also an option of ordering a replica online, people take commission for 1:1 replica for like 20$-100$ depends on who you look
Once a gain anycolor is a billion dollar company and can afford the money easily.
:shiinastare:
Shit I mean they could at least offer the talent to order one. It's shit but ya know, it's shit that at least would make sense

Goddamn those fucking dudes make so much money...
Edit:
Management paid for the 2nd button AFAIK
Anyway, just a random musing to get back on topic and to the part I actually care about; interactions with hololive: What do people think the chances are of Doki being on an official Holo stream (most likely with Axel/Altare, but Mumei as a longshot), as opposed to all of them just using their personal accounts to interact from now on? (and I guess spreading this question out further; how long until Doki starts getting invited to tournaments/events?)
Depends, hololive barely even interact with indie/nijisanji/selen in the first place, her usual friends like ollie, axel, altare, etc. will still streams with her, the other won't. But tsuna bounced back from nijiKR very quick.
Tournament wise it's a toss up, apex meta is dead, people play league and valorant now. Those games are not ping friendly and likely any tournament will need to be held by dokibird herself.

Last edited:

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Just to clear this up, an extra gold play button is 700$, silver one should be cheaper and that's SHIPPING INCLUDED pricing.
There's also an option of ordering a replica online, people take commission for 1:1 replica for like 20$-100$ depends on who you look
Once a gain anycolor is a billion dollar company and can afford the money easily.
:shiinastare:
Shit I mean they could at least offer the talent to order one. It's shit but ya know, it's shit that at least would make sense

Goddamn those fucking dudes make so much money...

returntomonke

Unapoligetic sheep enjoyer

Someone in niji had the right idea and told livers to gtfo social media for a while.

Out and simple, NijiEN management threw them under the bus when they tried to slander Selen.
That "harrassment by other livers and management" was the fucking bomb that Niji detonated themselves.
Selen vs management was common knowledge, but Selen vs other talents was only a rumour.
And now Niji confirmed that internal bullying is a thing and it drove her to try and off herself because of it.
And thus a NijiEN branch wide among us Game has started and fans (and the bigger YouTube sphere) are the ones voting.
Nijisanji single handledly nuked their pr department and Kickstarted harrasment and public shaming on every EN member.
Well done stupid fucks

Bronze

Reimu's tweet.

Archive

They seriously arent going to postpone his birthday and throw him to wolves? I guess if they do this to Selen, they won't care about new guys. Man i feel bad for him. I hope his community somehow make it less awful for him. The guy's too new to be part of any problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom