"Guys I went to take a shower and I'm so terminally online that all I brought was my phone it's the only thing I have now I'm just sitting here naked and wet and I don't have anything"Mozumi Pichi

The General Banter Thread & Community Stoning Platform

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
The oversharing of personal information, the total inability to read the fucking room, the lack of any wit, nuance or subtlety in interactions, the lack of humour, or ways to free oneself from an adversarial or awkward situation via witty remarks, the willful and unabashed sharing of personal fetishes and sexual deviancy like it's national news and worst of all, the inability to shut the fuck up when people aren't buying your nonsense. All of these are symptoms of the modern internet.
All of this could be summarized by: lurk moar.
The culture of lurking is at an all-time low, I see kids going head-first announcing all their dirt and autistic features from the top of their lungs all the time, and while I am usually the loud one in the room because of my culture, I learned from early age to lurk - hell, it took me 5 years to make my first post at 4chan.
Another thing that @Aquatic Novellite pointed out, it's really something that comes from age, most precisely from the emotional maturing process that takes time. It takes less for some, it took almost 10 years for me, but we can all get there as long as we're always thinking and reinforcing self-awareness by our peers.
Am I a good newfriend?

Still think there is sometimes a double standard where behaviour that would be tolerated coming from a known account is made out to be a capital offence when the account is less than 5 months old.
As I said before, you're one of the few nijifags that wasn't taken to the ball explosion chamber immediately because you can be humorous and take banter, even when being retarded.
And about the second part, it's mostly being crafty/amusing/witty about it. RRat is someone with a huge network considering he can reply to Doki tweets yet he's a regular bringing information with no visible profit from it; Sanamite can't let go of his brown whore that moved on but he is loyal to the bit, which makes it interesting, and the list goes on.
I don't know how others perceive me but I'm just an autist cursed with curiosity, the only thing I do with the knowledge is hoe-checking, because I believe we should uproot bad people from the community, or at least from your favorite streamers' circles, as soon as possible.

Want a great example? Low Tier God. He is more racist, more xenophobic, more homophobic, more offensive than 99% of the users here, yet still holds extraordinary numbers on Twitter and Twitch (when he isn't banned). Why? Because he's funny as fuck, there is no other nigga clown as ludicrous as him, people wish they had his charisma, and he is so literate he could write books or songs if he wanted to, a literal wordsmith that uses it for banter and to push people's buttons.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I think a pretty good example is Hworang. Dude was the walking example of stupid. Every single post was trash despite only being here for five days. Don't be like him
that's easy if you were not born in flip land :gloomiLaugh:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I think the sad truth in this is that these newfriends who come in, blatantly fail to understand the culture and nature of our forum and make fools of themselves when others rightly call them out... Well they aren't weirdos.

The truth of it is that these people are acting completely normally and following the social norms of the wider internet, they just behave themselves like they'd behave anywhere else. It's not that we get a bunch of 1%er schizos who just so happened to find this place, we actually just get totally random people and WE are the strange ones.

How truly fucking depressing it is that a bunch of ex-kiwi schizos on a tiny forum are more civil, well behaved and not prone to embarrassing themselves than any old internet denizen. Says a lot about our era

The oversharing of personal information, the total inability to read the fucking room, the lack of any wit, nuance or subtlety in interactions, the lack of humour, or ways to free oneself from an adversarial or awkward situation via witty remarks, the willful and unabashed sharing of personal fetishes and sexual deviancy like it's national news and worst of all, the inability to shut the fuck up when people aren't buying your nonsense. All of these are symptoms of the modern internet.
The reality of the situation is the factors that make for a healthy, pleasant online community are often directly inverse to the factors that make a platform profitable, and the majority of Internet users' first encounters with an online community were advertisement-funded social media sites, which benefit from casting as wide of a net as possible and keeping every one of those users on the site for as long as possible to rack up the ad impressions.

Take a look at any classic forum etiquette and compare it to how social media works. "Lurk more"? Nope, start posting right away, so there's less chance of you forgetting the site exists. "Don't feed the troll"? Nope, fight with him, because getting angry keeps you engaged. "Don't break containment"? Nope, inject your sociopolitical talking points into a thread about a new video game, because it will prolong the conversation and draw more people into it. Even the oversharing and self-doxing plays into this, because being able to put a face to the names you talk to online makes you feel like you have a deeper connection with them, so you're likely to log in to talk to them more often.

Every tactic we use to filter out undesirable users is counterintuitive to keeping a platform financially sustainable, but because most normies never experienced an online community that existed solely as someone's hobby project rather than as a business, they've been conditioned to play into Zuck/Musk etc.'s hands.

A Source Filmmaker

SFM animator and Anti-Simp
Hexa Tweets about her being victim to the Sonichu medallion curse, ItsaGundam uploads his video about the curse shortly after.

This is why you don't tempt fate with cursed items. Good luck Hexa.

Hexa is not the only vtuber with the Sonichu medallion.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
The reality of the situation is the factors that make for a healthy, pleasant online community are often directly inverse to the factors that make a platform profitable,
Man do i wonder why platforms discouraging oversharing but encouraging freedom of speech are not profitable or advertising friendly *looks at fagman*

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Weird GAY shit going on in this thread

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I 'member when I was told as a young lad that the Internet was a scary place and to never tell people your real name/address/etc because you never knew who could be reading your shit (they could ruin your life or KILL YOU bro!).
Now everyone is doing that exact thing and it is more or less encouraged to overshare and being paranoid of "sharing too much" is met with "bro nobody is gonna come to your door and ruin your life lol chill".

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I 'member when I was told as a young lad that the Internet was a scary place and to never tell people your real name/address/etc because you never knew who could be reading your shit (they could ruin your life or KILL YOU bro!).
Now everyone is doing that exact thing and it is more or less encouraged to overshare and being paranoid of "sharing too much" is met with "bro nobody is gonna come to your door and ruin your life lol chill".
If Chris-chan's life story doesn't convince you not to overshare your life and personal details on the internet, nothing will.

Tubedude

If Chris-chan's life story doesn't convince you not to overshare your life and personal details on the internet, nothing will.
Unfortunately a very common lesson people come away with from Chris-chan's story is "I'm not as bad as him, so sharing a lot is fine", not "Don't overshare dumbass".

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Wow all this talk about oversharing personal details reminds me of the time I caught a ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickles had pictures of bumblebees on them. "Gimme five bees for a quarter", you'd say. Now the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

...Simpsons references aside. For the newfags friends who may wander in here, since this subject keeps coming up lately. Be entertaining or useful if you want to be a contributing member of any social community, not just this one and not just online. This isn't a social media website like twitter or facebook, where there is so much content that all interaction is abbreviated into a hyper condensed version of your life story and old memes. It's a community, that's how forums work when compared to big social media sites. I virtually guarantee you that every person who wanders in here and gets put on the list of "good new guys" has been a member of a long-running forum before this one or is a member of some tightly knit IRL group. It's a learning curve, either lurk for a while until you get what the community is about or be ready to get made fun of.

Or don't, because who cares? It's not actually that big a deal. Maybe I'll migo you a few times, but if you can't handle people negatively reacting to you you shouldn't be online at all. Just have fun and shitpost about v-tubers, the extraneous shit isn't as important.

GayKusa

Early Adopter
I really think it comes down to lurk moar

I technically was a newfriend on this site because I never posted on the homeland (dont have an account). But I still lurked there on and off ever since Callis Lean-gate incident and I just kinda got how it works.

To this day you could probably tell that I am a foreigner to the farms because yall think the entire internet must have heard about those things, but I still dont know who Metokur, The Horned Rat or Rekita (I do not wish to be informed, I want to continue my life of blissful ignorance) or, until I lurked the farms, who Null is (only because of the head tall debates that would happen).
I have been terminally online since I was a child, but the internet is massive, and what one might consider a big deal just doesn't exist at all in another persons corner of the internet. Even Chris-chan, I only ever heard about him for the first time in 2019 randomly on reddit.

I welcome if newfriends want to contribute, but as always, that even goes for irl, lurk a bit before jumping into a new circle, especially if that place already has established relationships and dynamics.

edit: looks like we have a word filter on kefffal, is this how I learn what horned rat means :ponrys:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
To this day you could probably tell that I am a foreigner to the farms because yall think the entire internet must have heard about those things, but I still dont know who Metokur, The Horned Rat or Rekita (I do not wish to be informed, I want to continue my life of blissful ignorance) or, until I lurked the farms, who Null is (only because of the head tall debates that would happen).
I have been terminally online since I was a child, but the internet is massive, and what one might consider a big deal just doesn't exist at all in another persons corner of the internet. Even Chris-chan, I only ever heard about him for the first time in 2019 randomly on reddit.:ponrys:
I mainly pick up on the bigger people of interest, because I have come to check what people share on KF's community happenings and what Null highlights. Even that can be quite TMI....

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Besides most of mainstream cows being not even funny anymore, just miserable. In some cases like with DSP the kiwis are worse than the cow, so like, whats the point? Triggerpoint also gets mad about that fat old broke failure for some reason. And then theres also troon cows whos all shtick is being fucking atrocious looking and being delusional, so like, no wonder only women actually hang around in their threads.
Lolcows are just arent as funny anymore, except a few select cases

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Besides most of mainstream cows being not even funny anymore, just miserable. In some cases like with DSP the kiwis are worse than the cow, so like, whats the point? Triggerpoint also gets mad about that fat old broke failure for some reason. And then theres also troon cows whos all shtick is being fucking atrocious looking and being delusional, so like, no wonder only women actually hang around in their threads.
Lolcows are just arent as funny anymore, except a few select cases
Yeah... most threads are only worth reading for the well made OP, everything else is basically a massive years-long set of minor complaints and nothingburgers with very occasional big happenings. If you aren't actively obsessing over the lolcow then following most of them is insanely boring.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
Speaking of the Farms, from the Rekieta thread:
rekieta thread.PNG
Nobody tell them about the alleged gay orgy at Offkai.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
KF suffers from being the only place left where the owner has basic principles and lets you discuss people's distasteful behaviour without them being able to silence you, so that's become its identity which unfortunately overshadows the original purpose of the site, which was to talk about funny retards. I can't be mad about it, it's important to have that outlet to expose controversies the people involved have tried to bury - but when the tenth exposé that month about someone molesting kids or animals pops up there's nothing to laugh about any more, it's just horrific.

View attachment 71129
Nobody tell them about the alleged gay orgy at Offkai.
That statement would still be correct though.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Top Bottom