God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Remember, don't share needles kids

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Here, take some older anime music.

These are all masterful series by the way, if you haven't seen one or all of them I highly encourage you check them out when you have the time. Particularly Vision of Escaflowne, it might be the best anime I've ever watched and that list includes Cowboy Bebop and Hunter x Hunter which normally top people's lists.

Also here are some from series that aren't quite as comprehensively good but I liked them enough to feel like adding them to what I was originally going to post:

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I just turned 85 about 17 minutes ago Hawaiian standard time or some shit. May I present the song of my people, Hawaiians probably

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
The Pippa thread made me think of this.

And that reminded me of

Which leads me to

Last edited:

Jealous

Lurker

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Sharing some favorites from the SMT V: Vengeance ost.

Battle F6 was so good it needed a remix without compromising the feel of SMT V's ost.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I feel a bit ashamed right now. Multiple posts in this thread and not one shilling Helloween? What is wrong with me?!

For those unfamiliar, Helloween is a metal band that's been around since the 80's that, if you haven't heard of them, you've definitely felt their influence. They're often credited as one of the originators of Power Metal, but you're probably more familiar with one of the biggest things they influenced; Guilty Gear. Daisuke Ishiwatari is a shameless Helloween fan. Co-protagonist/rival character Ky Kiske, for instance, is named after their first two frontmen Kai Hansen and Michael Kiske, and Jack-O from Xrd is an even more blatant reference to them. Oh yeah and Guilty Gear's entire soundtrack can be summed up as Ishiwatari desperately trying to imitate their sound. Don't believe me? Listen to this and tell me how hard the Guilty Gear vibes hit:

The Helloween iceberg goes deeper than that (hell even Mega Man referenced them), but back to the band itself. Helloween has gone through three vocalists. First was Kai Hansen (now the lead vocalist of Gamma Ray, which was also referenced in Guilty Gear by the way), who even by his own admission wasn't a good fit, then Michael Kiske was the band's frontman for awhile before leaving on bad terms. That's when Andi Deris, their current vocalist (and the one with the longest tenure by far) joined up, and it was a match made in heaven. Deris' mixture of oldschool metal falsetto and Brian Johnson-style gravel fit the band's sound like a glove. But what fit even better were his hammy antics...

See the thing about Helloween is that they run on pure fun. Their tongues are surgically grafted into their cheeks. I've heard them described as "not having gotten the memo the 80's ended" or "if Limozeen was a real band." The ham is on full display, and even their serious songs have a tinge of silliness or fun to them in some way. It's as if they know that no one on this earth rocks harder than they do, so they've got nothing to prove. Songs with the sickest riffs you've ever heard in your life all about aliens, inhumans worshipping an unexploded nuke, their private jet stranded in the US, a phrase Andi Deris' dad taught him, or just about how much fun they plan on having.

But then a miracle happened; in 2016 Deris managed to patch up the burnt bridges between Helloween's former frontmen, and managed to get both of them to rejoin the band. At first this simply resulted in a killer world tour called Pumpkins Unite. Then they made the first studio album with all 3 vocalists. Appropriately, it was a self-titled album.

And my god.

I cannot overstate how incredible this album is. The absolute best album ever released by one of the absolute greatest metal bands ever formed. Getting all the vocalists together was like acquiring all the collectable artifacts that unlock whatever broken endgame equipment it gives you (I will not be making any Avengers reverences, fuck that).

Here's just a little taste. two songs from that album:

If you have any taste for metal at all and you've never listened to Helloween, you absolutely need to change that. They're one of the lynchpins by which all other metal is judged. Hell, Guilty Gear cribbed like half its identity from it.

Oh yeah and they tend to just spawn other kickass metal bands. Any time a member leaves Helloween to make their own band, those bands are also awesome in their own right. You may recognize this song by Masterplan, a band also made up of former Helloween members, from that one famous AMV.

Last edited:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
For whatever reason this song has an iron grip on me. Heard it a few months back from Spotify weekly, and I've consistently listened to it whenever I put on music. This is the soundtrack to my late night PoE grind.

I genuinely think I'm well over 500 of the plays on Spotify lmao
I'll be curious to see where this song ranks for me on Spotify wrapped at the end of the year
brave_srNRc7ar9w.png
Figured I would add more to the post, rather than just ripping it from the old forum.

And here's a fun one to end it off lol

Awoogers

For whatever reason this song has an iron grip on me. Heard it a few months back from Spotify weekly, and I've consistently listened to it whenever I put on music. This is the soundtrack to my late night PoE grind.

I genuinely think I'm well over 500 of the plays on Spotify lmao
I'll be curious to see where this song ranks for me on Spotify wrapped at the end of the year
View attachment 71863
Figured I would add more to the post, rather than just ripping it from the old forum.

And here's a fun one to end it off lol

Oh yeah that's the shit

Good fucking shit

nuk-temleH

Awoogers

z2 s releasing her very first album this weekend and from this teaser along seems like a good fucking album so i highly recommend her if you like hyperpop/glitchcore with Jpop

now onto some recs that i have in my playlist:

Awoogers

z2s single and the title for her first album secare is finally out
damn it sounds good

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Interesting beat

nuk-temleH

I fucking love this song so much. There's a certain ambience to it, almost bittersweet. Manages to perfectly convey the theming behind its lyrics, even if you don't understand Japanese.

Fuck it now I want to post weird bittersweet JP soundtracks

Yes I know this switches to butchered French halfway through I don't care. I love the outro in particular, the flute into the fade out is wonderful.

G Gundam has such a fucking phenomenal soundtrack. I know hardcore Gundam fans hate it but fuck just listening to this song makes me want to rewatch it

Oh, Big O. So close to being the best thing ever made, and then it forgot what the plot was. There's a certain irony to that, I guess.

Wan Seventy Three (Bad Co.)

Anti-Simp
This may be AI slop, but it slaps

Top Bottom