"Ok, I love her, and I don’t want to be negative, but can someone have a word with her about her choices in sweaters and cardigans? She’s a handsome, funny, talented woman, who deserves better than to be clad in the world’s ugliest fabric"Nyfco's comment section on Botan

The Music Thread

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Yes I know this switches to butchered French halfway through I don't care. I love the outro in particular, the flute into the fade out is wonderful.
The French isn't butchered. French is whatever Yoko Kanno wants it to be.
G Gundam has such a fucking phenomenal soundtrack. I know hardcore Gundam fans hate it but fuck just listening to this song makes me want to rewatch it
This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to post that G Gundam is the best Gundam series! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow!
Oh, Big O. So close to being the best thing ever made, and then it forgot what the plot was. There's a certain irony to that, I guess.
We have come to terms.

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to post that G Gundam is the best Gundam series! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow!

When did I ever say that I was a hardcore Gundam fan? :dokiSmug:

ANSWER ME DOMON

THE SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Xuhle

Beast in black released a new single and man it gives strong eurobeat vibes.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Beast in black released a new single and man it gives strong eurobeat vibes.

There's no "strong eurobeat vibes". That's a full eurobeat track with some power metal over it. The beat pattern & structure is very close to "Running in the 90s" by Max Coveri. I've spent too many gaming sessions listening Eurobeat mixes, haha.

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Thread soundtrack:

The emotional gut punch I just received upon listening to this again, holy hell. Even 9 years later the soundtrack still fucks me up. This show is honestly the reason I love the piano so much, and ended up exploring more classical music as a result. My earliest memory is hearing Für Elise play on a crib mobile my parents got for me. Despite that, I never delved into that kind of music until quite a bit later in life. Anyway, I should watch that show again. It's been years, and it's a convenient excuse to hear some great music. Thanks for reminding me of that wonderful soundtrack.

quoting here since mainly music talk

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
There is a weird phenomenon that when CDs became a thing there were still discrepancies between US and UK releases of albums. Maybe due to rights, or due to the fact that when CDs were being pressed neither side cared to correct issues.

Take for instance Fireball by Deep Purple. I would argue that the best song on the album did not make it over here in the West. Allegedly because it wasn't ready in time for release. So it was replaced by Strange Kind of Woman, which was a standalone single. I'm not sure the exact release in the UK or EU, but if it didn't come out before the US there it came close. This isn't a quality concern as if it was then both Strange Kind of Woman and Demon's Eye would have been on both releases, probably in place of Anyones Daughter. However when it was pressed on CD, the tracklist corresponded to the region, with the UK 25th anniversary coming with bonus tracks like Strange Kind of Woman. Meanwhile in the US Demon's Eye is still omitted from the regular CD release when it shouldn't.

Keep in mind CDs can hold quite a bit more music than Vinyl. I want to say the longest single disc Vinyl I saw was maybe 50 minutes but usually 40 to 45 minutes was for the longer records. A lot of them were only in the 30s.

One absolutely bizarre case was the release of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. This was not released in the US until many years after the fact. It was actually released after Back in Black so Big Balls and the title track became hits after AC/DC exploded so some people thought they got a new singer (RIP Bon Scott). I bring it up here because the original Australian release featured the song Jailbreak. But for some reason it was left off of the international release, instead it got its own EP in the mid 80s. As a Bon Scott fan its kind of neat that outside of Australia AC/DC would continue to release singles alongside the Brian Johnson one through the 80s. But if you were a completionist, or just wanted all the songs that correspond to an album. You'd be in a weird spot.

This practice was even worse in the 60s. Just compare Are You Experienced UK verses US. I'd argue that the US version there was the better record, however the core album was the UK one as numerous tracks were replaced with prior singles on the US release. Very confusing.

Wan Seventy Three (Bad Co.)

Anti-Simp
Top Bottom