"Wait [Markiplier] only smashed 72!? [Pokemon] Coward"Chibidoki

The Offkai 2024 Blacklisting Debacle (and other possible scandals)

dumdum did nothing wrong

Holy shit, Fishman was retarded investing so much in a con that tried to cancel Pippa last year. You would think your biggest sponsor would be given some leeway with time. Hope they tell OffKai to pound sand for next year.

ex_lurker

closedblas

What does PPV even mean? I assumed it was a live event for Offkai attendees.
Are people mad that it's not getting streamed? Is Spwn.jp going to sell the VOD

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Fucking retards, I realize that even the biggest conventions have always sucked but this is just stupid. Can we convince Fishman to bankroll TVA if we run a convention for him that isn't complete dogshit? I'm pretty sure I could handle logistics and sponsor communications better than OffKai has while dead drunk.

RedRage

Bronze

What does PPV even mean? I assumed it was a live event for Offkai attendees.
Are people mad that it's not getting streamed? Is Spwn.jp going to sell the VOD
SPWN will probably sell it. They are doing it for the concert yesterday and they produced this event.

People are mad because we didn't expect a stream, then Offkai went live , only to cut it in the middle and roll ads for quite some time. Then they showed a minute of skits from the event and continued to ads. After all that a mod came and "explained". And some parts of the event might have cut off due to the delay

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Guys, I have been given a mystic vision from on high.
Aviel is the one sabotaging Phase at Offkai.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

closedblas

People are mad because we didn't expect a stream, then Offkai went live , only to cut it in the middle and roll ads for quite some time. Then they showed a minute of skits from the event and continued to ads. After all that a mod came and "explained". And some parts of the event might have cut off due to the delay
Okay, so it wasn't expected/announced that any of the events/concerts would get streamed.
So can I assume that all the people bitching about Offkai are just complaining about the stream?

So....is there a single person in this damned forum at the actual event?

roktofferson

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
what do these people think a grifter is?
It's amazing to me that people call Kirsche a grifter because... (checks notes) she has consistent principles that she will stand by and act upon without kowtowing. And also somethingsomething "leech" somethingsomething which doesn't even make any fucking sense. These 'people' shouldn't be considered human.

Salado

It's amazing to me that people call Kirsche a grifter because... (checks notes) she has consistent principles that she will stand by and act upon without kowtowing. And also somethingsomething "leech" somethingsomething which doesn't even make any fucking sense. These 'people' shouldn't be considered human.
Everyone I don't like is a: grifter, pedo, nazi, coomer, commie, leecher, pick me, whore, etc.

It's a choose your own adventure book!

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Kek Holo needs to ditch this shitshow, how can you have so many tech issues with a whole year to prepare? Going to AX and the ones in NY is way better for the HoloMeet program, everyone who goes to offkai are vtuber fans anyway that already know Holo and they either like it/hate it/are indifferent so it's not like they're being exposed to any possible new fans. If anything making an EN type fes in the summer like CtW yearly is a much better idea than eating out of someone else's hand.

Last edited:

Sven

Holy shit, Fishman was retarded investing so much in a con that tried to cancel Pippa last year. You would think your biggest sponsor would be given some leeway with time. Hope they tell OffKai to pound sand for next year.
It's a hole filled personal rrat but I have wondered if even the Fish didn't know they had tried to cancel Pippa last year before Kirsche revealed it. Off-Kai Year 2 had plenty of sponsors but if the Fish had pulled out they would have lost what at least a third of the cons events since they were Phase Connect's, so I have wondered if the volunteers tried and management shut it down quietly then to prevent the whole con from dying.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
how can you have so many tech issues with a whole year to prepare?
There are rrats speculating potential purposeful sabotage by the tranny volunteers against talents they do not like.

Last edited:

VSoyBoy

Fucking retards, I realize that even the biggest conventions have always sucked but this is just stupid. Can we convince Fishman to bankroll TVA if we run a convention for him that isn't complete dogshit? I'm pretty sure I could handle logistics and sponsor communications better than OffKai has while dead drunk.
You can join forces with MerelyTourist. I hear he knows a lot about business and management.

Eat em and breed em

I need help

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Ok if this is true then I'm genuinely pissed. Need more research though

That's shitty. I haven't been paying much attention to whatever is going on at Offkai, but the little bit I have heard of sounds like a massive shit show. Not only did Phase drop a fuck load a money to sponsor this shit, but I know a lot of the Phase girls have been working a lot on Offkai prep, so it's really shitty if their segments are getting dropped. Shouldn't be surprised to hear about these technical issues, but it sounds like nothing has improved from last year on that front. Though, that's all putting aside the possibility of some intentional fuckery behind-the-scenes. If that's the case, then I would have much harsher words for those involved.

Anyway, sounds like some of the meet-and-greets are coming up, so hopefully talking with some fans will cheer them up.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Anecdotal but "internal miscommunications" happens to be the exact phrase I use in emails to stand in for "I forgor."

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I didn't see anyone post this, but Orange Woman's 3D at OffKai was having technical issues so she will focus on singing instead of dancing.

Top Bottom