"I’m awake, hold them off for a bit. I need to gather up some chakra before I can enter sage mode"Noir Vesper

The Offkai 2024 Blacklisting Debacle (and other possible scandals)

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
When people promise a sensational thing then drag it out and eventually release nothing, isn't that a form of grifting?

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
When people promise a sensational thing then drag it out and eventually release nothing, isn't that a form of grifting?

No, it is not. She did not claim it would be sensational, and she has not dragged it out. She explained, clearly and concisely, why she has not released anything. If you have any other evidence, please feel free to share.

I'm not going to dig through the vod to find the quote, but I'm sure that when she first streamed after Offkai, she said she needs to go through evidence and share it in a couple of days.

Yes, she said she needed to go through the evidence, as she had been told she had permission to share it. But as she then said, it turned out to not be sharable in a form that wouldn't expose unrelated and innocent parties, which she does not want to do, because that would be a dick move and people would justifiably call her out on it. So she chose not to do so. This is something she stated publicly in one of her recent streams, specifically to address this.

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
This is something she stated publicly in one of her recent streams, specifically to address this.
Fair enough then, I must've missed it. I still think it'd be better if she didn't say much at all, but I'm glad that she did outright say that she couldn't share it after all.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
No, it is not. She did not claim it would be sensational, and she has not dragged it out. She explained, clearly and concisely, why she has not released anything. If you have any other evidence, please feel free to share.
I'd have to watch her instead of shit posting

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Her most prominent opinion that she brings up multiple times during the video is that they've outgrown their venue which made it feel more packed than it should have. She also made multiple mentions of privacy and security concerns since she noted there were a lack of security staff in certain areas, no bag checks, and incidents where performing vtubers were directly backstage behind the screens they were performing on which were guarded only by curtains someone could have pushed their way past if they wanted to.
I had meant to make a post related to this and completely forgot to post it when it was relevant. :gunpeko:

So Mint and Matara did a post-Offkai podcast and talked about their experience there. First off, so I don't misrepresent what they said in the podcast overall: Matara loved the convention, says it was one of the best-run v-tuber conventions she's attended, and liked all of the volunteers (remember, this is Matara we're talking about, she is the polar opposite of Pippa and Kirsche politically). I'll also say that Off-Kai management may well be biased towards Mint/Matara/Vshojo/etc, IMO. I found it very interesting that they didn't really have consistent technical issues in the same way that Phase did, for example.

With that out of the way. Both of them agreed with the "Offkai has outgrown its venue" take. Also, Matara confirmed that curtain take, as well as indirectly confirming that the security considerations for larger v-tuber attendees were not as robust as they probably should have been. She got hit on by a random dude who also happened to be hanging out outside the bathroom she was using, for one. She also pointed out that apparently pretty much everyone HAD TO stay in the hotel attached to the convention area (which only had one elevator area, so a real autist could absolutely have stalked their oshi). Sooo yeah, completely confirms this girl's take on the convention in my opinion.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I had meant to make a post related to this and completely forgot to post it when it was relevant. :gunpeko:

So Mint and Matara did a post-Offkai podcast and talked about their experience there. First off, so I don't misrepresent what they said in the podcast overall: Matara loved the convention, says it was one of the best-run v-tuber conventions she's attended, and liked all of the volunteers (remember, this is Matara we're talking about, she is the polar opposite of Pippa and Kirsche politically). I'll also say that Off-Kai management may well be biased towards Mint/Matara/Vshojo/etc, IMO. I found it very interesting that they didn't really have consistent technical issues in the same way that Phase did, for example.

With that out of the way. Both of them agreed with the "Offkai has outgrown its venue" take. Also, Matara confirmed that curtain take, as well as indirectly confirming that the security considerations for larger v-tuber attendees were not as robust as they probably should have been. She got hit on by a random dude who also happened to be hanging out outside the bathroom she was using, for one. She also pointed out that apparently pretty much everyone HAD TO stay in the hotel attached to the convention area (which only had one elevator area, so a real autist could absolutely have stalked their oshi). Sooo yeah, completely confirms this girl's take on the convention in my opinion.
It's good to have this backed up by other sources, since privacy and security are the concerns people outside of our sphere are most likely to agree is a problem. This entire business revolves around anonymity (or, at the very least, an illusion of it), so keeping talents safely obscured and out of harm's way should be one of the highest priorities; this just makes it feel like an afterthought. They're genuinely lucky nothing too bad happened, because someone could have easily done something to one of the girls then disappeared into the crowd.

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
It's good to have this backed up by other sources, since privacy and security are the concerns people outside of our sphere are most likely to agree is a problem. This entire business revolves around anonymity (or, at the very least, an illusion of it), so keeping talents safely obscured and out of harm's way should be one of the highest priorities; this just makes it feel like an afterthought. They're genuinely lucky nothing too bad happened, because someone could have easily done something to one of the girls then disappeared into the crowd.
The funny thing-which frankly almost 100% confirms the security issues in my eyes-is that while both Mint and Matara had mild complaints about noise and partying keeping them up, they didn't put two and two together and go "ooh, that means all of these people who may or may not know our physical appearances because we have posted them online are hanging out outside our rooms". It honestly didn't even occur to them as an issue, so they brought it up offhand for an entirely different reason. I think if they were more aware of it their take on the convention may have been different. Honestly, probably not though; Matara in particular quite enjoyed the atmosphere with people close together, and wished she could have mingled more. She also fell off the wagon and took soju shots with a table at the convention those lucky bastards.

Tubedude

(remember, this is Matara we're talking about, she is the polar opposite of Pippa and Kirsche politically).
Kirsche sure, Pippa not so sure. She feels more left than what a lot of her fans or antis would make her out to be. She just isn't a gun-grabber and believes in public decency, and likes edgy humor. Pippa's biggest offenses to the california-brained were a handful of jokes and purposefully playing HL as a middle finger to the harassers of other streamers/vtubers.

Hff201

Early Adopter
Kirsche sure, Pippa not so sure. She feels more left than what a lot of her fans or antis would make her out to be. She just isn't a gun-grabber and believes in public decency, and likes edgy humor. Pippa's biggest offenses to the california-brained were a handful of jokes and purposefully playing HL as a middle finger to the harassers of other streamers/vtubers.
Pippa's politics have been consistent since day one: she believes whatever you, the viewer, believe, until she doesn't, in which case you have a meltdown about how she's pulling a Nyanners and abandoning her audience.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Pippa's politics have been consistent since day one: she believes whatever you, the viewer, believe, until she doesn't, in which case you have a meltdown about how she's pulling a Nyanners and abandoning her audience.
Look if I don't go complain on /vt/ every time the pink rabbit I am far too parasocial with says anything that conflicts with my headcanon of her being the perfect chudette who will?

Hff201

Early Adopter
Look if I don't go complain on /vt/ every time the pink rabbit I am far too parasocial with says anything that conflicts with my headcanon of her being the perfect chudette who will?
She'll call for total tranny death on stream any day now. I'm gonna be so mad if she asks me not to fedpost with her face as my avatar.

VSoyBoy

But as she then said, it turned out to not be sharable in a form that wouldn't expose unrelated and innocent parties
This feels like a cope. She got a "huge amount" of logs and audio and absolutely none of it was useable? No way to transcribe it or anonymize it?

Or did it just not prove what she set out to prove? Say it was all unusable, don't release it then, but at least tell us what was in there and answer the questions that were supposed to be answered. Was there sabotage? Who was really behind the "Blacklisting"? If there was sabotage, was it by management or volunteers? Is the fishman really cross with them? Did the initial Phase foux pas happen as it was portrayed in public?

Last edited:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Pippa's politics have been consistent
Hah! Thats funny!

Also kirsche should post it or gtfo. Unrelated parties my ass, whats they got to do with it if they arent related

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Hah! Thats funny!

Also kirsche should post it or gtfo. Unrelated parties my ass, whats they got to do with it if they arent related
Vtubers must protect their sekrit clubs and contacts! Literally dozens of dollars are at stake!

Smelliest007

I'd have to watch her instead of shit posting
I'd say same, but I don't have the time outside of a bit of some of her streams and clips when I'm a Holo and Phasefreak

Hff201

Early Adopter
Kirsche's obviously not going to just drop a whole load of chatlogs/audio recordings and tell people to go nuts with them because then people would misunderstand the context of certain things and the wrong people would end up swallowing the blame.

She shouldn't have even mentioned having receipts until she'd properly vetted everything and picked out the parts that are relevant. That's a learning experience I hope she takes away from it, because all vagueposting does is agitate people.

Top Bottom