"PLEASE SHIT DOWN!!!"Oozora Subaru

The Offkai 2024 Blacklisting Debacle (and other possible scandals)

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Someone on Kirsche's Discord did a bit of digging on Offkai. Not claiming this is relevant, as I know absolutely nothing about Commiefornian corporate laws, but maybe someone will see something worth elaborating on.

(Everything below here is transcribed from her Discord, credit to user Plastic Walnut.)

I looked up who's the main person behind Offkai, and I found something significantly more interesting. It's registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation in California, and this is what that gobbledeegook bullshit means:
1715477463421.jpeg
And this is one of the guys behind the scenes. It's exactly what you'd may expect, yet he is not PR related, just audio:
1715477585062.jpeg1715477687255.jpeg
It's the Metaverse part that raises a red flag. The whole "we all are just volunteers" shtick is not only just a cheap way to illicit some sort of emotional appeal to their plight, yet it also preserves their classification so that they do not have any earnings taxed. Offkai Expo is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation under California, meaning that none of the donations nor earnings will be taxed, and any expenses incurred for it will be tax-deductible. This is how they're classified under both it and the IRS and the possible classification it's eligible under:
image1.jpg
1715477943885.jpeg

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
This is nothingburger that dont indicate anything abput anything, but they can have 100% paid staff as non-profit.
Basically, main criteria to be non-profit is to reinvest 100% of your profits. And to not jack up salaries much becasue embezzlement.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This is nothingburger that dont indicate anything abput anything, but they can have 100% paid staff as non-profit.
Basically, main criteria to be non-profit is to reinvest 100% of your profits. And to not jack up salaries much becasue embezzlement.
I honestly don't need tax evasion to dislike offkai, they are a normie con full of grifters and typical twitter retards and have always been. Cons are cringe and full of degenerates and people who don't bathe.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Re: the header request

@The Proctor I'm not sure if you've looked yet since it's a retired thread, but the OffKai liveposting thread from last year ended up covering the moment-by-moment technical and scheduling issues, including the janky Wonderverse 3D shit over the first few pages, and the disastrous mess of a concert from around page 12 onward.

My personal highlights were Tenma and Airi getting so pissed off at the audio guy who kept turning the volume up and down for no reason during Jelly's show they lashed out in chat and got janny'd.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Honestly everyone who came into the hobby after myth are essentially invaders, as with everything the Japanese make which gets imported overseas, it got plundered for profit, bastardized by people who never understood its appeal and then politicized and burned to the ground.
Just quoting off you Nene, but for the non-Kirsche watchers she's been vtubing since 2018. I only say that because I've seen tons of nutjob vtweeters accuse Kirsche of infiltrating their safespace hobby and that can't be any further from the truth.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Just quoting off you Nene, but for the non-Kirsche watchers she's been vtubing since 2018. I only say that because I've seen tons of nutjob vtweeters accuse Kirsche of infiltrating their safespace hobby and that can't be any further from the truth.
Didn't know Proctor liked them old. Comment still applies though.

Tubedude

Reddit galaxy brains calling Kirsche a hitler fangirl and saying she posted a slew of homophobic comments and transphobic jokes. Evidence? Only their word of course, and her discord display name.

1715481913700.png
1715481959004.png

And you can't make this shit up, one of them is a Palestinian-supporting Jew, who is also pro-trans and argues about it a LOT on reddit
1715482018119.png

Last edited:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Tubedude

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Reddit galaxy brains calling Kirsche a hitler fangirl and saying she posted a slew of homophobic comments and transphobic jokes. Evidence? Only their word of course, and her discord display name.

View attachment 69784
View attachment 69785

And you can't make this shit up, one of them is a Palestinian-supporting Jew, who is also pro-trans and argues about it a LOT on reddit
View attachment 69786
>Claims her Discord screen name was "SexyBunnyGirlHitler"
> It was actually xXSexyBunnyGirlHitlerXx in the screenshots they provided
> The smooth brains can't be intellectually honest about early 2000 MMO display name edge

God that subreddit is just a cesspit.

Topo Chico

Troon at Bionicle game mad at Kirsche

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Re: the header request

@The Proctor I'm not sure if you've looked yet since it's a retired thread, but the OffKai liveposting thread from last year ended up covering the moment-by-moment technical and scheduling issues, including the janky Wonderverse 3D shit over the first few pages, and the disastrous mess of a concert from around page 12 onward.

My personal highlights were Tenma and Airi getting so pissed off at the audio guy who kept turning the volume up and down for no reason during the Jelly's show they lashed out in chat and got janny'd.
I did a short write-up of some of this stuff in the Timeless Moments thread:

During OffKai Gen 2 convention, a live concert was held with many talents. There were many technical issues before and during to put it nicely. Despite this, all the talents absolutely killed it. For many of them, it was their first live performance, so I'm sure they were nervous, but they all did amazing.

Full show (starts a bit later into the first song from Riro Ron)

In particular because I'm a Phase shill, the highlights for me were Jelly's performance and Lisa's performances.

Both performances were amazing. Jelly was performing less than a month after her debut into Phase Connect. There was a moment after her first song where she froze due to technical issues. When she came back, she looked almost panicked, but she played it off like a pro and kept going.

As for Lisa, this had to be incredibly stressful for her. Just days before the concert, she was in an incident where a drunk friend had picked her up and dropped her, busting her chin and requiring her to rush trying to go to a doctor. The lack of care or concern by said friend led to them becoming an ex-friend. Some time after the show, she revealed that OffKai staff almost tried cancelling her performance due to technical issues so much so that she had to lose her patience with them. Luckily, that didn't happen, and she put on an amazing performance. I can only imagine the backlash if OffKai cancelled Lisa's performance...it wouldn't have been pretty.

The next day, Uruka had her own performance, and it was amazing. She also had a lot of stresses leading up to this one. She found the violin she was planning on using, I think, broken in its case. She had also been having issues with her throat/vocal cords. The issues were so bad that during a karaoke stream a few days prior, she couldn't get her voice to do what she wanted, and she nearly broke down before she ended her stream. Despite all of this, she gave an amazing performance, with both singing and playing her violin. She also had many dedicated fans of hers in the audience.

And for some added fun:

During the OffKai concert, the sound guy kept messing with the audio levels that were very apparent on the stream, especially in the middle of songs. Tenma was not happy with this:
View attachment 39440

And during Jelly's performance, Airi was very not happy with this:
View attachment 39442
View attachment 39441

As you can see, she was banned from the Twitch chat over this. For those who don't know, while Airi doesn't necessarily try to not swear, it usually takes quite a bit for her to swear. And while the "castrate you" part obviously wasn't meant to be taken serious, she wasn't joking about actually being frustrated by this:

Archive

There were also many karaoke performances at various different parties, but I won't link those. Despite all the scuff, the stresses, setbacks, and other things, these girls put on amazing performances, especially for being a first for many of them. I hope to see them all get more opportunities like this in the future.

There was a ton of scuff last year. An event Shiina was doing was very affected by it:

So, in short, Wonder AI says it was the Offkai staff not setting up until until 10 minutes before Shiina's show that resulted in the all the Audio visual problems and they couldn't do anything about it. They also couldn't postpone or reschedule Shiina's show. I hope Fishman has some words with the Offkai people. I don't know how much money it cost to have a show at the Con but they dropped the ball on the frontrunner and don't forget she gave up at least 3 streams to do this.

Lisa also revealed that they nearly cancelled her concert performance because of all the scuff:

https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/general-vtuber-discussion-v1.1/post-126033

As far as controversial, I thought I remembered there being an incident with a volunteer staff member that was trying to figure out vtuber identities of some of the con-goers or something. Wasn't able to find it, but I thought it happened at Offkai. Not at my PC, so it's more of a pain for me to try and find it, so hopefully someone else remembers this.

Edit: Oh yeah, for some more fun content, remember marimari_en's five guys escapade:
https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/general-vtuber-discussion-v1.1/post-119634

quint

sad for foxwomanthing. but holy shit if people didn't tell her time and time again, that fucking with protective warding of whodom will bite her supple behind very hard. yeah, she has whole discovering bridge now (which nobody gives her credit for as far, i could glean), but on the other hand she has a legion of angry busybodies that had years of meddling with people's lives.

Abomination

There was also this incident that involved an attendee impersonating a prominant clipper at Offkai. Even had a badge. As Murray said, it seems they didn't do a good job vetting to make sure this individual was who they said they were:

An attendee at OffKai was pretending to be Cooksie, a clipper of Vshojo and related talent with almost 350k subscribers on YouTube. His ruse was discovered when the real Cooksie tweeted that he was not attending the convention. The impostor was found by OffKai staff and his badge revoked. Apparently he had pulled off the same trick at Anime Los Angeles earlier this year. A retweet by FalseEyeD brought the scam to wider attention.

Motives are still unclear but my guess is the guy wanted to stick his dick in crazy. Props to Nolan for first bringing this up in the main thread but this is such an interesting event (in my opinion) that I want to mention it here too.

Hopefully next year's con has some sort of vetting system for people claiming to be notable people, though given that I've never heard of this apparently prominent member of the community before today I can see how that's easier said than done.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
As far as controversial, I thought I remembered there being an incident with a volunteer staff member that was trying to figure out vtuber identities of some of the con-goers or something. Wasn't able to find it, but I thought it happened at Offkai. Not at my PC, so it's more of a pain for me to try and find it, so hopefully someone else remembers this.
I can almost remember this, but I forget if it was offkai or not. Some vtuber chick said some dude who was apparently staff bragged about getting in just so he could creep on people he could identify by their voice or some such. She was super uncomfortable about it or something and tweeted about it iirc. I'm pretty sure a lot of it was twitter screenshots so I'm trying to think of what words might dig it up in the search.

Skimming around to see if I can dig it up, but no promises.

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
Politics really does make everything gayer and brings out the worst in people.
Not true, Proctor was already a femboy before he debuted as a dramafag. I mean he made this forum FFS.

I honestly don't need tax evasion to dislike offkai, they are a normie con full of grifters and typical twitter retards and have always been. Cons are cringe and full of degenerates and people who don't bathe.
So it's like India then.
:naruhodo:

Yeah for some reason fence sitter supreme is seen as hitler adjacent to reddit hiveminds.
Tim Pool sits on the fence so much he now has mutiple buttholes.

There was also this incident that involved an attendee impersonating a prominant clipper at Offkai. Even had a badge. As Murray said, it seems they didn't do a good job vetting to make sure this individual was who they said they were:
"Props to Nolan". So it's true, the broken retard clock is right twice a day.
:naruhodo:
I can almost remember this, but I forget if it was offkai or not. Some vtuber chick said some dude who was apparently staff bragged about getting in just so he could creep on people he could identify by their voice or some such. She was super uncomfortable about it or something and tweeted about it iirc. I'm pretty sure a lot of it was twitter screenshots so I'm trying to think of what words might dig it up in the search.

Skimming around to see if I can dig it up, but no promises.
I remember this, not sure if it's also Offkai. I think that dude got found out.

Short

God Damn the Sun
this one?

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter

Abomination

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Yeah for some reason fence sitter supreme is seen as hitler adjacent to reddit hiveminds.
Everyone to the right of Hillary Clinton is Hitler, it is known.

Top Bottom