"I am convinced that there are no bad people who enjoy Peppa Pig!"Pako

The Offkai 2024 Blacklisting Debacle (and other possible scandals)

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
So, it seems like controversial vTuber figures won't be banned from Offkai for now if they are part of a vTuber corp that could crush the thing. I guess Henya can rest easy. For now.

bothyourhouses

Remember that Offkai has platformed Filian and the late, great VT_Rainbow in the past. They are provably okay with politics if the exposure is large enough (Filian) or left-wing psychopathic narcissists (Marina). I would actually be substantially less angry if Offkai had suddenly come out with a clear set of rules and standards for creators which Kirsche was clearly in violation of, because at the very least that would be saying 'this now applies to everyone'. But this is blatantly personal.
These judgements should be personal. Rules that they then abuse is how they get you. I've got a lot more respect for someone who'll stand up and say that they've banned x, y and z because they don't like them, than someone who hides behind a selectively interpreted code (because it always ends up selectively interpreted).
I patiently await a relevant counterfactual that disproves my assertion.
Consider, may Allah forgive me for uttering these words, UK-related subreddits. UnitedKingdom is a pozzed cesspool. But the political counterpart BadUnitedKingdom is even worse. Whereas the officially anti-politics CasualUK is just about tolerable on a good day.

These people already have no life outside of politisperging. If they drag you down to that level then they win, because they don't dream of anything better. The only way to "win" the "culture war" is to have a healthy, happy life with a family, while they die alone and get eaten by their dozens of pets. That doesn't mean you never fight, but you have to not get so caught up in fighting that you destroy what you were actually fighting for. If you can't watch funny anime women without politisperging all the time then there's no longer any point to the politisperging.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
The only way to "win" the "culture war" is to have a healthy, happy life with a family,
culture doesn't exist in a vaccum; its not something you can pack away and pretend it doesnt exist. your happy family interacts with it in their daily lives. your kids will deal with it outside the home. it influences more than your feeble mind can imagine.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
>Claims her Discord screen name was "SexyBunnyGirlHitler"
> It was actually xXSexyBunnyGirlHitlerXx in the screenshots they provided
> The smooth brains can't be intellectually honest about early 2000 MMO display name edge

God that subreddit is just a cesspit.
I'd assume anyone who can't tell it's satire without the x's was lobotomized anyways.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
culture doesn't exist in a vaccum; its not something you can pack away and pretend it doesnt exist. your happy family interacts with it in their daily lives. your kids will deal with it outside the home. it influences more than your feeble mind can imagine.
Just be like uncle ted and go live in the woods, they can't fuck with you if they don't know you exist.

famous artist pipkun

Just be like uncle ted and go live in the woods, they can't fuck with you if they don't know you exist.
like anyone here is going to give up vtubers

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Who are you and what have you done with pipkun?

x Hades Stamps

On the one hand, you're completely correct and it's worrying how much politisperging is infesting v-tubing (hell, apparently even this forum has plenty of it today). On the other hand it cost me 110$ US to buy a gas can that doesn't leak because someone in California decided all gasoline vehicles should die.
$110?? Granted, it’s just a nozzle, but it only cost me $15 to buy a replacement nozzle for my gas can that doesn’t have a valve (and I can actually spill less gas with)!
Lucky you (for now)
I’m sure there will always be plenty who stay in their own lane

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
in a lot of ways offkai 2024 is like proctor's first meltdown of 2023. we lost a lot of good posters over kirsche drama.
Those who leave because they don't support the ketchup fox are not good posters.

Negzana

This thread makes me conclude that politics is all so gay and tiresome. It must be nice to be in some third world autocracy where no voting and women make everyone retarded and you just have to pay some pesos to thank your oshi who just died at the same spot of a platformer for the fiftieth time and not worry about something being called racist or problematic or whatever horseshit. Vtubing is supposed to be an escape from the real world, where a rabbit can talk about shooting a Walmart and a virus can rant about how gorilla don't exist and I don't have to worry about harpies screeching about the current thing. I hate the antichrist.

Last edited:

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
$110?? Granted, it’s just a nozzle, but it only cost me $15 to buy a replacement nozzle for my gas can that doesn’t have a valve (and I can actually spill less gas with)!
My local hardware store sells 5 gallon jerry cans for 65 bucks, which is 20 less than amazon and a fairly reasonable price for a lined steel can. However they have a shit screwon lid system, with those terrible EPA mandated CARB-compliant nozzles that spray gas everywhere. A jerry can nozzle assembly with the gasket and adapter to change out the cali-mandated bullshit is 37.95 on amazon and costs 10 bucks shipping. Thus 110 bucks.
Those who leave because they don't support the ketchup fox are not good posters.
Ehhh.... I don't think I buy that one. Any users who left may have done so not because they didn't "contribute," or because they don't like Kirsche. It's entirely possible for someone to stop posting because they did not like the implications of belonging to a community that tries to throw its weight around in v-tubing drama. There are very real concerns that come along with that particular can of worms.

EDIT:

I don't think anyone was throwing their weight around except the troons who campaigned to get Kirsche booted, but ok.
Proctor can come very close to it on occasion even when Kirsche isn't involved, and this is his "garden," so to speak. If someone is a mod for a 2-view and doesn't want them involved in drama, or is running a clipping channel, or is simply worried about potentially putting themselves in the spotlight for a doxxing? Oh yeah, I can see why people with concerns might have left, or at the very least stopped posting. Particularly in the past, I will say that now there's a lot more material to understand potential pitfalls coming in than there may have been before. I don't know, I do think that Kirsche is getting fucked over here and I have nothing against her, I just don't like the implications of shitting on people who decide to stop posting because of it. :botanshrug:

Either way, I'm going back to shit-posting about v-tubers now, have fun everybody:pomuLove:

Last edited:

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Ehhh.... I don't think I buy that one. Any users who left may have done so not because they didn't "contribute," or because they don't like Kirsche. It's entirely possible for someone to stop posting because they did not like the implications of belonging to a community that tries to throw its weight around in v-tubing drama. There are very real concerns that come along with that particular can of worms.
I don't think anyone was throwing their weight around except the troons who campaigned to get Kirsche booted, but ok.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
My local hardware store sells 5 gallon jerry cans for 65 bucks, which is 20 less than amazon and a fairly reasonable price for a lined steel can. However they have a shit screwon lid system, with those terrible EPA mandated CARB-compliant nozzles that spray gas everywhere. A jerry can nozzle assembly with the gasket and adapter to change out the cali-mandated bullshit is 37.95 on amazon and costs 10 bucks shipping. Thus 110 bucks.

EDIT:

Proctor can come very close to it on occasion even when Kirsche isn't involved, and this is his "garden," so to speak. If someone is a mod for a 2-view and doesn't want them involved in drama, or is running a clipping channel, or is simply worried about potentially putting themselves in the spotlight for a doxxing? Oh yeah, I can see why people with concerns might have left, or at the very least stopped posting. Particularly in the past, I will say that now there's a lot more material to understand potential pitfalls coming in than there may have been before. I don't know, I do think that Kirsche is getting fucked over here and I have nothing against her, I just don't like the implications of shitting on people who decide to stop posting because of it. :botanshrug:

Either way, I'm going back to shit-posting about v-tubers now, have fun everybody:pomuLove:
Most people who left just didn't like proc banning people for reasons they didn't agree with, nothing more, nothing less. That whole shitshow could've been easily avoided by not being so trigger happy and consulting the whole forum on the issues at hand, but let's not revive needless drama months after everyone stopped caring shall we?

famous artist pipkun

Most people who left just didn't like proc banning people for reasons they didn't agree with, nothing more, nothing less. That whole shitshow could've been easily avoided by not being so trigger happy and consulting the whole forum on the issues at hand, but let's not revive needless drama months after everyone stopped caring shall we?
nenelove rains on another parade

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
These people already have no life outside of politisperging. If they drag you down to that level then they win, because they don't dream of anything better.
If you can't watch funny anime women without politisperging all the time then there's no longer any point to the politisperging.

I'm going to zero in on this because I've been seeing it literally everywhere the past few days.

This take annoys me to the extreme, because it's a statement from pure ignorance. It's not an informed take, it is a surface-level observation from people who have never actually looked into any of this material at all, and have formed an opinion based entirely on the generalized impressions of those around them.

The basis of any strong community is informed, educated and principled individuals who are able to communicate their ideas to each other and the outside world effectively and coherently. Staggering amounts of effort by progressive change agents have gone into stopping this. The rot is right at the very core of society, from the education system upwards.

We are dealing with the results right here, right now. Even people like you, who presumably post here because you want to escape the demented echo-chambers of reddit and the astroturfed desert of the imageboards, do not understand the basic meaning of the words and terms you use to define the problem.

When you say 'politisperging', you and everyone like you is simply saying 'I do not wish to be exposed to things that I do not want to acknowledge, which I have been instinctively trained by circumstance to describe as politics'. Meanwhile, politics remains nothing more than the focused art of convincing or persuading others to adopt your views instead of their own. When leftists say 'everything is political', that is one of the few things they get completely correct. The only difference is that they, too, warp and change the subsequent application of that term, and those associated with it, to mean things that favour their own positions.

Here, let me quote the last person I ever thought I would possibly turn to as a good source for a tl;dr on the subject;

See, much as I will never agree with Pipkun on any major political principle ever, he gets it. This is a culture war, and culture is what separates a man from an animal. It shows your intellectual development, what your priorities are, who you are as a human being. It is this culture that is under attack. You are not angry at the people attacking it, you are angry at the people pointing out that it is under attack, because past the screeching activists you think you can tune out and ignore, much more sophisticated, targeted and subtle social conditioning is at work.

Deciding that you are going to turn from a passive consoomer of culture to a proponent, advocate and defender of the culture that defines who you are as a person is a critical part of maturity and development. When you say these kinds of things, you aren't acting of your own free will. You're saying you are an animal, who will be happily led to the slaughter, because to do otherwise requires exercising muscles you've never used before.

And hell, if you want a salient and interesting example of why just saying 'no politics' doesn't work, here's something for you to read instead of my rambling;

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER

Proctor can be a woman, trust me, I should know, but ultimately I don't think he's a sperg like Graf.

My problem with all of this, and your take, is that there's this view that the reaction people have to the Kirsche situation is somehow trying to pressure Offkai uniquely, when Kirsche's whole ban from the event is due to a small group of vocal retards that probably have a mailing list and target anyone they can specifically to further their stance. It's very much like the The Horned Rat thing, every publication was happy to trip over themselves and even Cloudflare stepped in, but only now are we seeing people speak out with even normies like Muta making videos about how retarded it really is. At no point will anyone ever apologize, or Cloudflare will ever make a statement about it like they did about the homelands under false pretenses, and that's the shitty part of all of this, a small group of dickheads can excise massive pressure and everyone else just sits around bickering about nothing, and when anything does come out none of it matters.

The one bright spot of any of this is that Kirsche, much like Josh, is not someone who will crumple like many others would and will probably get it to the best point she can, where three years from now she's still doing alright and some mainstream personality makes a video about how it was unfair to her, meanwhile you're eating the bugs.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Top Bottom