"You're one of those alphabet soup people aren't you"Lia Rinkou

The Offkai 2024 Blacklisting Debacle (and other possible scandals)

A Source Filmmaker

SFM animator and Anti-Simp
If someone comes up with an OffKai competitor on the east coast I could probably find an excuse to go. I'm probably going to hate it, but I'm willing to report on it so you guys have something to laugh at.

The big question is how I keep myself from getting recognized. Someone please give me ideas.
Florida would be the best place for OffKai's competitors, given that Florida, almost has everything California has, but it's on the Atlantic coast.

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
If someone comes up with an OffKai competitor on the east coast I could probably find an excuse to go. I'm probably going to hate it, but I'm willing to report on it so you guys have something to laugh at.

The big question is how I keep myself from getting recognized. Someone please give me ideas.
Cosplay as someone/something with a covered head. If you have a suit and a ski mask you can do the Spy from TF2, it's fucking easy and takes no more effort than maybe printing out a v-tubers face and cutting a couple of holes out for it.

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
Yeah, be like the Lia crossdresser with the Yippee mask! Just run from any himebitos you see. They may awaken a primal urge with you.

A Source Filmmaker

You also cosplay as a clone trooper, the spartans from Halo, IRA fighter, or a CJNG sicario.

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
As someone who use to be able to pull off like completely different looks. The Ted Bundy approach literally works.

People tend to associate someone with the face. So any combination of having alternate facial hair, long hair short hair and different hair colors will throw someone off. The only risk is if say you run into someone who you have run into directly before. Like conversation distance of course. You can't hide your voice and of course close up someone would more easily put together the other pieces of info the eyes and whatnot.

While we like to give people the benefit of the doubt, most are kind of weird when it comes to faces. And unless they are specifically looking for you, doing something like shaving off your beard if you have one will actually be a sufficient disguise.
I understand what you're getting at, but I don't look like a generic dude.

Imagine George Costanza but if he were as tall as Kramer, and that's a pretty good approximation of what I look like

You also cosplay as a clone trooper, the spartans from Halo, IRA fighter, or a CJNG sicario.
Good idea, I'm part spic and part Irish descent so I can just combine all four

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Stellar Verse Production? I asked around. They're only doing ads in the main stage. CEO talks with Sakana a lot though.
A single ad and not a single tweet in their main account since last month kek, who is the CEO? there is one twitter account on their website but is super deadge

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Raimi look at all those whores behind you

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Transition

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
GRADUATE ALL OF HOLO EN YAGOO! BEFORE THE INFECTION SPREADS!
Nijisanji is almost graduating from the west. Follow the leader. :dokiSmug:
Kirsche is saying she's being shown evidence proving that it was more than just the volunteers who wanted her gone and people in charge were involved. The rrat of higher up staff sabotaging Phase is becoming more believable by the second. She's gonna show it tomorrow apparently.
I think this is a rushed move, she should stay put for today and only show stuff monday or tuesday. Well she's the chronic masturbator with a platform so I'm the small shrimp in the pond, what do I know.
Not much. Just the hotel parties last night got wild. The entire atrium floor was sticky this morning.

Also, went to the Sena panel. The event went smoothly. There's some scuff with her mic, but it seems to be her own set up having issues.
I am so intriged by what happened and with whom it happened, if you could elaborate on the amusing stories it would be deeply appreciated. :pomuLove:

A Source Filmmaker

Nijisanji is almost graduating from the west. Follow the leader. :dokiSmug:

I think this is a rushed move, she should stay put for today and only show stuff monday or tuesday. Well she's the chronic masturbator with a platform so I'm the small shrimp in the pond, what do I know.

I am so intriged by what happened and with whom it happened, if you could elaborate on the amusing stories it would be deeply appreciated. :pomuLove:
I can imagine volunteers wanting Kirsche gone. I would need to see stronger evidence, for the staff. I mean I don't doubt it, but I haven't seen the staff voice their hatred of the Foxu.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
So who is going to be canceled after today, im expecting someone bitching about another rat daki any time now

RedRage

Am I crazy for feeling like people are blowing this out of proportion with all the sabotage allegations? Has offkai been a shitshow? Yeah, like it was every year so far. Are some of the staff retards who probably shouldn't be on board for one reason or another? Also yes. But thats kinda all I see. Other people have been dealing with the schedule and tech issues, so this whole thing just feels weird to me.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Am I crazy for feeling like people are blowing this out of proportion with all the sabotage allegations? Has offkai been a shitshow? Yeah, like it was every year so far. Are some of the staff retards who probably shouldn't be on board for one reason or another? Also yes. But thats kinda all I see. Other people have been dealing with the schedule and tech issues, so this whole thing just feels weird to me.
Kirsche implied she has a big drop of receipts tomorrow.

RedRage

Kirsche implied she has a big drop of receipts tomorrow.
She also said that she actually has no idea if its something big or not.

VTuberThrow

I agree. But they kind of brought it on themselves kicking Kirsche off her panel and hiring volunteers without even a minor social media scrub that end up hating your con's primary sponsor. I'm interested to see Kirsche's evidence she mentioned.

RedRage

She also said that she actually has no idea if its something big or not.
Context:
I just have a hard time putting faith in something this vague. Feels like someone might be fucking with her.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Context:
I just have a hard time putting faith in something this vague. Feels like someone might be fucking with her.
Are you completely dense? Or just ESL?

RedRage

Are you completely dense? Or just ESL?
My entire point is that she makes it seem like she does not actually know what the information is other than the whole thing near the start of the stream implying it was wikileaks level shit. And again, I said this was just my opinion, if I'm wrong I'm not gonna throw a fit over it. It just seems weird that someone would be sending her receipts without her having even a vague idea of if its a large amount of shit to sift through or not.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I assumed the entire reason the volunteers had any leverage regarding Kirsche was that they announced their demands just before the event, so they couldn't just be replaced. If the unpaid volunteers refuse to show up en masse, what the fuck are you going to do about it?
I am sure that the volunteers that had leverage were not really volunteers. Calling them volunteers is just to push the blame to others but i assure you that the staff was part of it.

Also, @TRIGG3RP0INT is gay and lame, thanks for setting a massive beacon inviting every twit-tard and their mother in here for internet clout.
Its fine, most of them wont get past the basic anti-zoomer question. Also im pretty sure Proctor has to validate people.

On another note, there are always rumors about orgies at most cons out there. Some are made up for shits and giggles to add to the picture of the degeneracy of niche subcultures but others are actually true.

Case in point, last year's OffKai ACTUALLY had a room dedicated to fucking and I can show it.
View attachment 71001View attachment 71002View attachment 71003

I've got more than that with videos showing people making out and choking on dildos, but I can't really show that here, so you will have to believe my word for it.

Fun fact, the guy that was in charge of this room actually showed up to my stream as I was discussing it and saying what a bad idea it was to post it on his official business account.
I remember the videos. This shit is extremely common in ALL US-based conventions.

There are over 100 volunteers for Offkai. Let's call it an even 100. Let's say they work eight hours a day for the three days, or twenty-four hours, and Cali wage laws says they get $20/hour. That's $48,000. They're probably working a lot longer than that each day, and besides the day of the con, they need to do is testing beforehand, set up the con and breakdown and cleanup after (let's say twenty staff for another eight hours each the day before and after, and that's another $6,400). Then you've got administration, HR, all that wonderful stuff, that's going to drive up our really conservative estimate of $54,400. I'm probably severely underestimating a few things here, but this is just a quick ballpark estimate. And all of this needs to be spread out over every ticket sold.

I agree they should go with professional staff, but you can see why they tried to stay with volunteers when you see how much extra expense was added.
I think those estimates are a bit too high. I used to work at a local convention. It had around the 1500 - 2000 attendees (which is what Offkai claimed to have last year) and having 100 volunteers seems like way too much. We used to have around 15 staff members and since it was a gaming event we also had 1 person per station so around 15 others. We paid minimum wage which back then was $7.

Realistically this con bullshit is gonna be another random internet back and forth for a few days then peter out. Fishman likely won't acknowledge anything publicly unless there's absolute proof of bullshit going on beyond just incompetence, and even if there is, he can just do the professional thing and just wait to not go the next year, instead of fanning the drama flames.

The only long term effects I see from this are if Phase goes to Offkai again or not, and how few sponsors Offkai gets next year, just off of how incompetent they have been the last two years.
I agree that in 2 weeks Niji will do something stupid and everyone will forget about this. I dont think Fishman will say anything.

In-stream ads from the con's sponsors. The same ones they run on repeat for hours at a time when nothing's happening.
So that means the person in charge of recording the streams deliberately played taht shit.

:magnino::gunpeko: Who brings a heavy sex machine that you'd be paying checked bag fees for and risking the airport staff losing/damaging your expensive piece of shit on top of plane ticket, hotel, badge, food, Uber and merch haul costs? And imagine having to watch to make sure the ugly drunk weirdos in your room don't break or piss on it.

Don't get me started on the staff's stupidity. Fishman sponsors your con, pays everyone's AA fees and you act like this instead of just ensuring the weebfest runs smoothly? Seattle has similar politics but none of the AI staff there were acting remotely like that.
Pretty sure the guy was asian and im just going to assume that he lives in Cali. Or he could just drive a few states over.

I'm waiting until we have anything actually concrete, either a statement from phase themselves, or verifiable messages and the like coordinating this before I even get close to touching this, but I think you might be overanalyzing that a bit.
Wont get shit.

Uruka's Karaoke is dying and some vendors are having trouble with payment processing due to shitty internet at con

View attachment 71021

View attachment 71020

Edit: She had to cancel the Karaoke

This is normal. Hotel internet has always been shit. Even more if you add people streaming shit all at once.

Nyaru please report and bring your boyfriend(s) to the sex chambeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer
Pretty sure Nyaru is a carpet muncher.

I knew Offkai was trouble years ago when they gave fucking Domo of all people his own panel/meet n' greet. Wrote the whole affair off back then, good to see they're still just as shit. I have no idea how they've been able to keep afloat for a 3rd year despite constant gaffs, issues, and general cringe. I'd actually enjoy it if Kirsche's alleged receipts can spell doom for the whole thing.
What Domo do? He has been doing Vtuber interviews and Vtuber adjacent content for a while so its normal for them to want someone like him around. That is no different from giving someone like Koe, Nagzz or Evanit0 a panel. Especially when it comes to the Twitch side of things. Love it or hate it, they are the Twitch normie gateway to Vtubers.

I would say "nah the nips don't care about westoid slapfights they just care about anyone who can give them numbers" but I now realize that Cover IS making an HQ in the US which will be operational by next year's offkai and they definitely will notice. Either way I seriously doubt Cover will ever go beyond just doing the bare minimum, if they want more presence in cons in the US the most likely option they'll take is making their own or allying with an actually relevant con like AX.
Cover wont care unless the public outcry is big enough.

It is ran by 1 dude & volunteers in California AFAIK. This is their third year of hosting something like this. Originally, the criticisms over stuff like tech issues were hand-waved because "it's only their 2nd year, they're made up of volunteers and they've grown way more than they thought they would!" It is year 3 and they seem to have not really addressed those issues from year 2.
I think its time the people at phase start looking into maybe doing their own thing.

Wear a bike suit + bike helmet? Might get hot though.

Top Bottom