"You broke-ass bitch, just buy more money!"Axel Syrios

The Offkai 2024 Blacklisting Debacle (and other possible scandals)

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
"I'm just complaining about nazis, why do you like nazis?"

This argument is fantastically retarded and to this day I have never decided if they know it's disingenuous as fuck and are just being smug or they really think nazis are lurking around every corner ready to gas them at the first opportunity.
The early efforts of the Nazis actually included stamping out degenerate elements of German society, burning books denigrating German culture, and destroying the world's first gender reassignment surgery back in 1933.

You know, something to think about when you hear trans panic against Nazis eighty years after World War II.

A Source Filmmaker

SFM animator and Anti-Simp
So any new bombshells about OffKai?

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
So any new bombshells about OffKai?
Not much. Just the hotel parties last night got wild. The entire atrium floor was sticky this morning.

Also, went to the Sena panel. The event went smoothly. There's some scuff with her mic, but it seems to be her own set up having issues.

A Source Filmmaker

nah everyone is waiting so they can improve tomorrows ratings, LAME
I heard about the ogries at some comic con events. I'm surprised OffKai of all cons would be front and center of this.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
last day and everything is closing with the last panels, i was expecting a announcement from a new corpo i had my eyes on but they did not say anything
Stellar Verse Production? I asked around. They're only doing ads in the main stage. CEO talks with Sakana a lot though.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't think Hololive is coming back next year for what it's worth. No idol company that cultivates its image would want to touch this shitshow once the piles of dirty laundry suddenly got aired out.
I would say "nah the nips don't care about westoid slapfights they just care about anyone who can give them numbers" but I now realize that Cover IS making an HQ in the US which will be operational by next year's offkai and they definitely will notice. Either way I seriously doubt Cover will ever go beyond just doing the bare minimum, if they want more presence in cons in the US the most likely option they'll take is making their own or allying with an actually relevant con like AX.

Cover is very much exclusionary when it comes to doing things, why rub shoulders with a bunch of midgets who one-sidedly benefit from your presence when you can have your own show in a much bigger con or have your own con where you make all the rules?

Jackie Forests

Not a Real Artist
I’d bet on Cover being smart enough to pay attention to EN community happenings, including this one.
I think they noticed, but can never be sure. We’ll see how it goes.

A Source Filmmaker

I’d bet on Cover being smart enough to pay attention to EN community happenings, including this one.
Yeah EN is a little sus.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Never underestimate the nip ability to be clueless about the foreign market.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Off topic: I wonder why OffKai doesn't have a event on the East Coast.
It is ran by 1 dude & volunteers in California AFAIK. This is their third year of hosting something like this. Originally, the criticisms over stuff like tech issues were hand-waved because "it's only their 2nd year, they're made up of volunteers and they've grown way more than they thought they would!" It is year 3 and they seem to have not really addressed those issues from year 2.

BACHA PORK

VPIGGY
I would say "nah the nips don't care about westoid slapfights they just care about anyone who can give them numbers" but I now realize that Cover IS making an HQ in the US which will be operational by next year's offkai and they definitely will notice. Either way I seriously doubt Cover will ever go beyond just doing the bare minimum, if they want more presence in cons in the US the most likely option they'll take is making their own or allying with an actually relevant con like AX.

Cover is very much exclusionary when it comes to doing things, why rub shoulders with a bunch of midgets who one-sidedly benefit from your presence when you can have your own show in a much bigger con or have your own con where you make all the rules?
Was about to say the same thing; Cover can pick and choose, and they are the rule, not the exception, when it comes to who convention organizers will cater to. Seems they tossed in, what, just Kiara as an "acknowledgement" of Offkai but would never have a more commanding presence such as an official HoloMeet event or other major panel at a slopjob barely-even-minor-league con like Offkai....especially after this alleged Phase scandal. They're above that and, again, can very clearly pick and choose where they want to have a large presence at, and it will almost, but not entirely, be exclusively at the gigantic premium cons like AX and ANYC.

A Source Filmmaker

It is ran by 1 dude & volunteers in California AFAIK. This is their third year of hosting something like this. Originally, the criticisms over stuff like tech issues were hand-waved because "it's only their 2nd year, they're made up of volunteers and they've grown way more than they thought they would!" It is year 3 and they seem to have not really addressed those issues from year 2.
That would make the allegations of sabotage very confusing. Cause now the saboteurs can then blame it on pre-existing tech issues.

Postal rrat

chinshilla
Never underestimate the nip ability to be clueless about the foreign market.
And things usually get worse when they start looking for someone to clue them in

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I'm betting good money that right now, Kevin is beginning to maybe consider running his own live event.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
"I'm just complaining about nazis, why do you like nazis?"

This argument is fantastically retarded and to this day I have never decided if they know it's disingenuous as fuck and are just being smug or they really think nazis are lurking around every corner ready to gas them at the first opportunity.
It's both. They hate you, and no-one cares about being ideologically consistent for the sake of people they hate. They'll believe anything in the moment so long as it provides an excuse to hurt their enemies and then discard it and act smug as soon as it's inconvenient.

annam

Was anyone able to suffer through LegalMindset's stream to pick out something interesting regarding this mess?

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Off topic: I wonder why OffKai doesn't have a event on the East Coast.
If someone comes up with an OffKai competitor on the east coast I could probably find an excuse to go. I'm probably going to hate it, but I'm willing to report on it so you guys have something to laugh at.

The big question is how I keep myself from getting recognized. Someone please give me ideas.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
If someone comes up with an OffKai competitor on the east coast I could probably find an excuse to go. I'm probably going to hate it, but I'm willing to report on it so you guys have something to laugh at.

The big question is how I keep myself from getting recognized. Someone please give me ideas.
As someone who use to be able to pull off like completely different looks. The Ted Bundy approach literally works.

People tend to associate someone with the face. So any combination of having alternate facial hair, long hair short hair and different hair colors will throw someone off. The only risk is if say you run into someone who you have run into directly before. Like conversation distance of course. You can't hide your voice and of course close up someone would more easily put together the other pieces of info the eyes and whatnot.

While we like to give people the benefit of the doubt, most are kind of weird when it comes to faces. And unless they are specifically looking for you, doing something like shaving off your beard if you have one will actually be a sufficient disguise.

Top Bottom