"Gory hory shit! Ah no no nonono! Not like that, gorii... gorira, goriraaa GORIRA monkey shit!!! No not Kanata senpai is not shit, no no no!"Ichijou Ririka

The Offkai 2024 Blacklisting Debacle (and other possible scandals)

Big PiPi Energy

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

This one gives me the vibe of someone who has an autistic laugh.

View attachment 71174
Too white, he's probably the brown one in front of that guy. He also appears to have that autistic seething glare that just screams "I'm significantly more intelligent than all these plebs".

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

Going live about this at 22:30 UTC/10:30PM. As always, DM/@me if there are any specific points you want to make sure I cover.

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
Wait, I thought there was no way fishman was gonna go back next year, Phase bros?
:smugazki:
When I spoke with the Phase people at the time, they were very angry. Guessed cooler heads prevail after a day or two. Though, I would put my money on minor appearance rather than something huge like this year's again.

As for Sakana, he's just doing the businessman thing of taking care of stuff behind the scene privately, like any competent businessman should. Instead of just airing dirty laundry and getting yourself fucked for the rest of time by feeding into the controversies. At the end of the day, Sakana is an autistic Chinese businessman first and foremost, so he's going to adhere to unspoken East Asian code of conduct more so than western sensibilities. He's never going to speak badly of Offkai in public.

Not-Username

Were we aware that matara and mint where there in person?

(Koe, who MCed their panel, told the story of meeting them in person )

Context:

Tbh his stories sound nowhere near as bad as half the thread made offkai out to be

Last edited:

httn

Hag enthusiast

Both posted photos from the event.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
I think Proctor himself should go there and be our on-the-ground man :smugsubaru:
If the forum pools some money, TVA could even be a sponsor of this tiny convention
I don't know what the benefits of that would be, but the idea sounds funny

Unironically, if people were willing, we could potentially afford a sponsorship. It's 300 for the lowest package, and a not-impossible 1,500 for the next tier.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
we could potentially afford a sponsorship. It's 300 for the lowest package, and a not-impossible 1,500 for the next tier.
This would be incredibly funny but I also feel like the surge of newfags it would bring would probably stop being funny after the 50th new Nolan Crush.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Who's ready for OffKai '25?!

This confirms what a volunteer told me about Phase having signed up for a 2-year deal.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
This would be incredibly funny but I also feel like the surge of newfags it would bring would probably stop being funny after the 50th new Nolan Crush.
That's a YOU problem, amigo. Go on, Bossman, we need to know.

VSoyBoy

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
This confirms what a volunteer told me about Phase having signed up for a 2-year deal.
Yeah, they seem stuck unless more information comes out detailing interference. I'm not buying the internet issues, as it seems like a convenient excuse, and given the need for good internet, it's also something that would have not been overlooked.

dumdum did nothing wrong

How would a volunteer know about that? :ameliaThink:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Context:

Tbh his stories sound nowhere near as bad as half the thread made offkai out to be

He won't talk shit if he wants to get invited to the next one.

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted

dumdum did nothing wrong

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Unironically, if people were willing, we could potentially afford a sponsorship. It's 300 for the lowest package, and a not-impossible 1,500 for the next tier.

Do It.png

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
We should do this but actually put it under Nolan's name and discord user name.

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

Koinuko was at the con and is talking about her experiences. There will be a VOD, but obviously an archive would be nice at some point.

So far, she overall supports the 'sabotage' narrative and is generally shitting all over the staff. One of the funniest things so far is that their tech setup was so dreadful they were going around begging artists and exhibitioners for their personal equipment to help out.

Top Bottom