"I didn't wanna see Alucard's pubes! but I did... and I guess he's a natural blonde!"Harry Macchia

DEV_IS Discussion/Debut Thread

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Is raden deadass gonna use the mask for the whole fucking duration

Also ao is a professional at MCing it feels like considering she was an underground idol and all

Not-Username

Banchou already getting the mikochi treatment from her genmates :mikothumbsl:

Awoogers

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Kinda loving Raden with her Mask she does it better than Chloe

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I feel like they want to capture the potential audience of non anime adjacent people here who are curious of vtubers on this group as well as the kpop fanbase that isn't batshit insane

Does that make sense or am I completely talking out of my ass

Makes perfect sense. It's maybe a more effective way than the Holostars, but it's a part of the "idol market" they don't have anyone in. So, solid business sense.

It's....kinda hard to explain, you just have to actually know more about kpop
But if I can explain it with single words, I would use "relatability", "vulnerability", and "lowest common denominators"

Flexible wrists and waists. YT Shorts has been spamming me with Kpop ones for some reason. Kpop and Korean dancing really likes their "hand dancing" compared to choreo from other areas. And, obviously, the girls are expected to dance a lot better than Japanese Idols are. So, they notably spend a lot of time on flexibility and pliability. Just an observation.

Not-Username

They actually doing a infodump
:shubaIapprob:

Biskuit Regal

Early Adopter

Not-Username

God's Strongest Dragoon

WHY DOES SHE WEAR THE MASK? A LOT OF LOYALTY FOR A HIRED GUN

Awoogers

Makes perfect sense. It's maybe a more effective way than the Holostars, but it's a part of the "idol market" they don't have anyone in. So, solid business sense.

Flexible wrists and waists. YT Shorts has been spamming me with Kpop ones for some reason. Kpop and Korean dancing really likes their "hand dancing" compared to choreo from other areas. And, obviously, the girls are expected to dance a lot better than Japanese Idols are. So, they notably spend a lot of time on flexibility and pliability. Just an observation.
To add some unhelpful insight on this as I've observed on watching both for quite a few years now idol dances focus more on synchronized movements that basically feels like a band march that people in the street can see and would be very entertained by it

Meanwhile in kpop they capitalize more on the individual members movements making it look dissonant but emphasizes on each members individuality and charms that makes that dissonance feel like a puzzle fitting in therefore putting it as something like it meshes well even though it kind of isnt if that makes sense

Biskuit Regal

Early Adopter
To add some unhelpful insight on this as I've observed on watching both for quite a few years now idol dances focus more on synchronized movements that basically feels like a band march that people in the street can see and would be very entertained by it

Meanwhile in kpop they capitalize more on the individual members movements making it look dissonant but emphasizes on each members individuality and charms that makes that dissonance feel like a puzzle fitting in therefore putting it as something like it meshes well even though it kind of isnt if that makes sense
And KPop dance has roots in the street dancing as well, hence why they're much more energetic and sometimes even acrobatic

Awoogers

And KPop dance has roots in the street dancing as well, hence why they're much more energetic and sometimes even acrobatic
Theres that too whereas idol dances feels more of like a musical offshoot of sorts

Damn I really did burn my life by being a music nerd

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
They are going over the predictions done by the other holomems. Started with Shiori's unhinged ass lol

Not-Username

Bijou's predictions are surprisingly accurate

Awoogers

Well both predictions already did raden dirty then :ironmousekek: :ironmousekek: :ironmousekek: :ironmousekek: :ironmousekek: :ironmousekek::ironmousekek::ironmousekek::ironmousekek:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I would agree with these observations. There's an interesting discussion around the utility and appeal, but there's also a reality that Kpop acts, in Korea, need to appeal to a population that's already majority Christian (lower age bracket). Thus, it's going have a massive Western influence and end up operating far more like the 90s Boy Bands in the USA. Which, oddly enough, we're a Western Take on early Kpop and J-Idols. Everything is a circle, lol.

Did someone just bring up Mio's nopan life while streaming? A 5 person collab overloads my Japanese skills, lol.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
They are going over the predictions done by the other holomems. Started with Shiori's unhinged ass lol
Putting out that "first impression" card with their faces, so that they can pilot their own face during the review was smart.

Not-Username

I would agree with these observations. There's an interesting discussion around the utility and appeal, but there's also a reality that Kpop acts, in Korea, need to appeal to a population that's already majority Christian (lower age bracket). Thus, it's going have a massive Western influence and end up operating far more like the 90s Boy Bands in the USA. Which, oddly enough, we're a Western Take on early Kpop and J-Idols. Everything is a circle, lol.

Did someone just bring up Mio's nopan life while streaming? A 5 person collab overloads my Japanese skills, lol.
Not Mio, nerissa
Her predictions probably spurred a comment for nopanneechan

Edit: Raden keeps unmasking for a few seconds now and then
Wtf

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Video of Ao back when she was an underground idol:

Local:
View attachment 44520

Two more pictures:
View attachment 44521
View attachment 44522

Am I a lesbian?
Hajime + Chloe + Miko collab. Just think of the insanity. It'll be 2 hours. Words will happen. No one will know what was said.
Chloe can only use text to speech drawing on a tablet.

The rigging for the models is really great. Ao is moving back and forth way more then her voice implies. Radens 2.5d rigging is so fluid and the best. I really feel like I am watching actual people vs. Just anime girls.

Top Bottom