"this is dumb and stupid. fun ruining cunts, get the rope"Tenma Maemi

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

You losers ready for the karaoke relay? Five more hours.

Bronze

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
muscle snake becoming human in 30 minutes

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!

NijiJP girl announcing something in 17 minutes

USS IOWA

Huh sounds like she's into rock now, Good diversifyimg genres is good.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

NijiJP girl announcing something in 17 minutes

Black screen? Can't believe she is gonna drop a Selen diss-video, too.

It was a fun song and cute track.

Also, Keeki got that cake, now. Gyatt damn! :MozumiPichi:

Koronesuki

X-Potato

The MV looks like an old J-pop video, but in a good way.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Careful Hexa, telling people not to do something on the internet may have the opposite intended effect.

Archive sites suck right now:

This shit is so fucking cringy.
"OH GUYSSSSS PLEASE DON'TTTTTTTT!!!!" and everybody fucking knows people are gonna do it even more. Just stop it, there are better ways to farm engagement.
Good Morning

IDK who you are VT Schizo but thanks for sharing the truth about Brave Group with the world

How'd they do it?
Three reasons:
>Pile of money
>Short-term memory
>Post WW2 Nazi symbolism cleanse style rebrand
My type of autist, btw.

They only existed for 2 1/2 years. By the time they came to exist, Holo Gen 2 was only three months away. Nijisanji was already up to almost thirty members.

While it did attract a lot of hopeful talents because, well, Kizuna Ai, and did enjoy reasonable success (Polka's PL was pretty big, especially by the standards of the time, after all), I'm getting the impression that Upd8 was Activ8 trying to catch up to the nascent agencies, realising that banking everything on only one talent would ultimately stunt their growth.

It was ultimately before my time, so I cannot judge why it failed, but what I do remember was it having international talents without having an international branch. Which was certainly a choice.
Mostly competing with shit like Niji, .live, Entum and 774 I'm guessing, Holo was a runt at that point in time and wouldn't really hit their stride until 2019.

niggaphil

Black screen? Can't believe she is gonna drop a Selen diss-video, too.

It was a fun song and cute track.

Also, Keeki got that cake, now. Gyatt damn! :MozumiPichi:
When talk about the Keeki Cake, this video needs to be brought up :dokiSmug::

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

I laughed out loud when she sings "I found my place and finally" and she's gesturing to the inside of a pink jail cell.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

I refuse to believe that this pink pop girl is the daughter of a woman who butchers whole pigs for fun and then tosses her daughter the still bloody meat cuts to take home like it's the beginning of A Streetcar Named Desire.

Militante

By pure coincidence after Dizzy and Sakana had a stream discussing potentially having invaders within the year, Karrot is drawing Dizzy on stream as part of her drawing vtuber series of streams. Didn't catch the start, so there's some context I may be missing.

She is currently fearing cancellation if prompted to talk about BL

USS IOWA

I refuse to believe that this pink pop girl is the daughter of a woman who butchers whole pigs for fun and then tosses her daughter the still bloody meat cuts to take home like it's the beginning of A Streetcar Named Desire.
Mamatori's hands are bloodied so that her daughter could live her J-pop/Idol dream.

Bronze

By pure coincidence after Dizzy and Sakana had a stream discussing potentially having invaders within the year, Karrot is drawing Dizzy on stream as part of her drawing vtuber series of streams. Didn't catch the start, so there's some context I may be missing.

She is currently fearing cancellation if prompted to talk about BL

Not sure how she chooses, but she asks for pngs to draw before the stream. She drew Clara and Iori before. Pretty talented imo

frz

[a]
Hopefully not on the same team otherwise things will be pretty awkward :dokiSmug:
She's also going to be a team captain for Twitch Rivals next week (playing Party Animals).

Somewhere in Harry office:
"Quick what do we threaten Sajam with so they kick Doki, japanese VAs are out of the picture"
"What about other Niji talents" "They aren't invited either"
"How about Gary" "Who even is Gary?"
"Exactly, they won't know either"
Mostly competing with shit like Niji, .live, Entum and 774 I'm guessing, Holo was a runt at that point in time and wouldn't really hit their stride until 2019.
I think you seriously underestimated how big kizuna ai was. She was absolutely everywhere, earning millions of dollars in merch and shit. Even Nobuhime reported like 700k in a year in revenue and Kizuna was far far far bigger. Corpo were happily throwing money at upd8 and activ8 to get in early onto this vtuber thing. It take until today for Holo/niji to replicate their earnings back then.

Also 774 was inside upd8, it kinda have this weird relationship where upd8 promoted themselves as a network or whatever.
welp I found what the fuck upd8 was spending money on
They were basically developing HoloEarth but even fancier, closer to Zuck's metaverse than HoloEarth even, they wanted to move away from Youtube entirely. Probs hired too many tech staffs, buying too many patients and IP to make it work. It ended up costing too much and tanked the entire company.
The new platform, tentatively named Spectacle, is still under development with an aim to offer next-gen VR content for multi-devices. Turning high-end graphics into VR live performance to be delivered via real-time streaming, it pursues offering users with the value experiencing music live performance with higher user experience even for VR users as well as YouTuber viewers.

Seeing as we are literally doing what they did now. This company single-handedly set the vtuber scene back 5 years in time due to their dumbassaries. They scared off all the megacorpos from investing, who are finally convinced to return now with Brave. I hope Brave blew up too so the megacorpos never stick their dick into vtubing again.

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Activ8 died trying to do basically the same thing Cover is trying now.

Huh.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
So the recap on Usuwa Suu's One Man Live, Near the Station, Facing South.

The show went as planned despite the bomb threat against Kyo but with additional security measures (no bringing large bags, cannot bring presents to give to performers, cross checking email with the ticket purchaser) the start was delayed around 15 minutes. She did the PA before the performance but messed up her line twice (timestamp).
Stage setup feels like a studio apartment with the three seater couch the central point (she did sit while singing some songs). Very comfy and so like her.
Show starts with her original song Mornin' Bell which is a welcoming song followed by Official HigeDandism's Hello. After this the free part ends and she does her fan call and response (Suu: Welcome home/Fans: I'm home).
She then moves into the three City Pop songs she covered in her EP cover: Ride On Time (Tatsuro Yamashita), Plastic Love (Mariya Takeuchi), and Flyday Chinatown (Yasuha). Interesting that with Flyday Chinatown she used the on screen MV from her indie/Skycolor Project days. Did a wink as well as throwback to the MV.
Short intermission after this set and acknowledged her PA slip jokingly blaming her script. She talked about the show starting from the morning with her first song and gradually time passes through the live.
Next part starts with her original Itai No Itai No, followed by Shin Seikatsu a vocaloid song, Police Piccadilly's Rumor, another original Ready To Party (with her waving a small flag), and Masanori Otoda's fake face dance music (while wearing glasses).
Short intermission and her talking about the setting moving to nighttime.
In this setting she sang two of her originals, Floating and Traumerei followed by Ayase's Yoru Naderu Menou.
Small talking session saying the next song is the last and someone said "It's still morning!" which was countered by "Morning? Even though it's 5PM?" and called out chat who jokingly said "Ehh, I just got here."
Live closed with her original song Rashiku.
There's an encore after fan call and she responds with a pixel couch replacing the normal couch to sing another vocaloid song "Hello, Planet" which closes the show as she lay down onto the couch.

End screen is her thank you message for the fans and the stream ends here.

She did trend on X for some time during her live and there are some Vtubers watching her live and commenting about it.
Gems Company's Mizushina Aoi.

Ex-WACTOR Hizuki Miu. They had a singing collab before Miu's graduation.

Her genmate Lisa Makoh has a short and to the point comment which I agree with.

In the end I paid just under 6000 yen and it's worth it. I am even tempted to get both her EP releases. Really happy to see the day after I started following her frequently around the time she did the endurance singing stream to reach 40k subs and 1500 CCV early November 2022.

I only saw the free part of Kyo's live so couldn't comment on it much but it's good the show went without any explosion/danger to the performers. Kyo sang two of her originals for the free part, Imaginary and my favourite Daisy. Very different to Suu's and looks like the show is more enjoyable being a live attendant with her being very high energy in contrast to Suu.

Top Bottom