"And now whenever I go to the bathroom, I'm gonna say 'I need to lubricate the toilet'"Fujikura Uruka

Nijisanji declares Total Retard War on Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
It was a stupid thing to say on stream, either way. Nothing since has really shown him to openly support anything like it, though, and his alt account is really just him sharing his life and doesn't have any of the signs of being Twitter-brained.

Incidently
I read on the fujochink site a while back that Randon shared details about his homelife when he was younger pre-Holo. Take this all with the biggest grain of salt, but it claimed he was gay and his father abused him growing up. They claimed the second stabbing incident that he never told on stream as Vesper (the one he told was about him being stabbed while black out drunk and not realizing it) was his father had stabbed him. I have never been able to confirm any of this, though, so who knows.

I always knew him and Lando were butt-buddies....

niggaphil

It was a stupid thing to say on stream, either way. Nothing since has really shown him to openly support anything like it, though, and his alt account is really just him sharing his life and doesn't have any of the signs of being Twitter-brained.

Incidently
I read on the fujochink site a while back that Randon shared details about his homelife when he was younger pre-Holo. Take this all with the biggest grain of salt, but it claimed he was gay and his father abused him growing up. They claimed the second stabbing incident that he never told on stream as Vesper (the one he told was about him being stabbed while black out drunk and not realizing it) was his father had stabbed him. I have never been able to confirm any of this, though, so who knows.
Sir, this is very interesting info, but this is KuroEN declared total retard war on Dokibird. Could you post it in Vesper is gay thread?

:randonFap:

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Sir, this is very interesting info, but this is KuroEN declared total retard war on Dokibird. Could you post it in Vesper is gay thread?
...is there one? I lost track of these threads long ago.

I blame Nijisanji for not having a new PR disaster to talk about.

Sporg

Overall I feel like it's a coin flip between Anycolor just dropping the subject completely (best option for both Niji EN and the vtubing community as a whole) or they try to sue Doki for defamation (which might hurt Doki in the short term but will be disastrous for them).
Well, I don't see Niji having the option of flat out just dropping it. Doki has repeatedly made it clear that she just wants to move on, so she can simply do other streams and not talk about that stuff since that's what people expect from her. Niji on the other hand has been on the offensive the whole time, so in order for them to get things back to (relatively) normal, they would have to first actively back off. At the very least put out a statement explicitly saying that they are in fact dropping it and that no one from Niji will from this point on say anything public regarding the whole Selen situation. Otherwise, it's not like Elira or someone can just go "Hey, I'm playing Mario tomorrow. Come check it out!" and expect their chat to be like normal.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Remember when Hitomi Chris was terminated, and people were shocked? Remember the whole HoloCN implosion thing (forever fuck you, Artia)? Then Kiryu Coco left Hololive, and that was considered a big, big deal? Of course, then Rushia got herself shitcanned out of the blue, and that was a huge dramafest (the kind that just keeps...on...giving)?

My point is, each scandal/happening/whatever changes the industry in some way. I can't say for sure, but I don't think anything quite as big as this 'NiJiFuckupFest 2024' (or 'NegligibleGate', whatever) has happened with this great of an impact. The effects of this are going to take a long time to fully figure out the scope of the damage that's been done, and the long-term changes that will come from it.

I'm only thinking of this because I had the most horrible little thought pop into my head recently. So, everyone knows that Doki and Mumei have been irl friends for quite a while, and that Mumei has spent some time recently helping out her friend in need. Mumei has also had some personal issues of her own, be it her lingering health problems, or juggling her career and schooling.

Now imagine that things turned out worse than they did, and that Selen didn't survive her attempts. I have no problem whatsoever believing that Mumei would have quickly graduated from the industry that led her good friend down that path. That's just one change I could think of, out of who knows how many possible repercussions that could have resulted out of an event this serious. That would have certainly fucked me up, because Mumei is a fave of mine. Thankfully, Dokibird seems to be doing much better for herself these days, which is a big relief to know.

I guess all I'm saying here is that you should all love and appreciate your oshis and enjoy the time you have with them, because you just don't know how quickly things can turn to pure chaos in this crazy industry we all follow. ...wait, is this all Bae's fault?
I don't believe the Hitomi Chris thing was that big of a deal at the time, mostly because Holo was microscopic (I'd argue smaller than phase or idol are now) and the west only really found out about it at large afterwards.

Apart from that I think the Holo dramas have had much more of an impact because Holo was just bigger in the west both JP and EN. For Niji their JP side is pretty much an unknown to anyone who doesn't care that much about vtubers, so many of their dramas like JP downright organizing a protest for the company's mistreatment (lol) or even recent things like Gundo Mirei being executed FOR A JOKE (imagine if Selen had gotten terminated for an edgy tweet?) are overlooked because westoids simply don't give a shit but were MASSIVE in japan. Holo did loose two of their biggest earners so that also counts towards people noticing.

Honestly if we don't glorify Coco, her departure didn't change much, sure Holo might've still had a chinese presence but my thoughts (which I have made clear before) lean to the Coco incident being inevitable, the only way to prevent it would be for Holo to not get into the english market at all. Rushia and Aloe changed nothing, maybe slightly tweaking the EN side's perception in Aloe's case as it shattered the bubble for a bunch of people who were just becoming new fans.
My point is that the biggest impacts on the industry which changed it have always been positive, such as tech innovations or events like the boom.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Elira was Hitomi Chris all along. Pull the mask off Shaggy.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
And Phase just planted their seeds in Japan. Fishman's coming for NijiJP next. Even has a JP muscle girl in the ranks to help physically storm their offices when the time is right.

And lol at this rrat. Though the thought of a Muumi joining Phase and saving it from the brink, only to have NijiEN eventually begin to meltdown as a result is pretty damn funny. Even funnier that, according to the first post, it starts with Nasa getting Muumi to join Phase. Nasa, who was a part of some separate Niji project.

In other words, this entire shit show is because of Nasa.
Nasa.png

:whatastory:
Nasa did nothing wrong.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Doki has been streaming for an hour and they havent dropped another hit piece, TOTAL, NIJI DEATH

Seoleim

Well, I don't see Niji having the option of flat out just dropping it. Doki has repeatedly made it clear that she just wants to move on, so she can simply do other streams and not talk about that stuff since that's what people expect from her. Niji on the other hand has been on the offensive the whole time, so in order for them to get things back to (relatively) normal, they would have to first actively back off. At the very least put out a statement explicitly saying that they are in fact dropping it and that no one from Niji will from this point on say anything public regarding the whole Selen situation. Otherwise, it's not like Elira or someone can just go "Hey, I'm playing Mario tomorrow. Come check it out!" and expect their chat to be like normal.
The best thing they could do legally is to shut up and not talk or make any more announcements. All the damage they have suffered has been self inflicted with their retarded announcements and statements. Any potential lawsuit they may have had is on extremely thin ice before this shit started, and almost non existent now after them all. Shutting up minimizes the risk and stops the fire getting worse.

So naturally I don't expect them to stay quiet, because that would be smart.

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
Well, looks like Riku assumed direct control of the situation. I wonder who will be let go in the coming weeks.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Well, looks like Riku assumed direct control of the situation. I wonder who will be let go in the coming weeks.
Elira because she earns less than vox, random nijimale and the entirety of management, mehopes.

The Rratarded Alt

The best thing they could do legally is to shut up and not talk or make any more announcements. All the damage they have suffered has been self inflicted with their retarded announcements and statements. Any potential lawsuit they may have had is on extremely thin ice before this shit started, and almost non existent now after them all. Shutting up minimizes the risk and stops the fire getting worse.

So naturally I don't expect them to stay quiet, because that would be smart.
There's a real possibility that the final public outcome from all this will be where we are at now. Niji could clean house of EN management and restructure it. Lay low for a bit and silently have Livers return to streaming. We'll see graduations from from people in the coming months, but they may not fire anyway to further save face.

Tightpinch

frz

Why does the EN branch want you to sell your soul to them when the JP branch doesn't seem to? It's such a bizarre contrast from NijiJP where they have livers that only stream a few times a month or even year.
You sure the JP branch doesn't? Is NijiJP knows for having active PL like Hololive or they are just as strict on buying people soul with exposure?
I mean, we all saw Riku's face in the video. If we find out later the entire EN management structure got sacked on the spot after the Elira vid or the Riku vid, it wouldn't surprise me.
Most of these are OLD job opening and has been discussed on this server. More like perpetual hires that get refreshed.
Anyway nothing is gonna change as long as the head of operation - harry doesnt change. Don't see a listing for his position in the picture
Riku said he was going to take direct control over the situation, didn't he? The guy is a greedy bitch, but I do not think he is going to let EN management do anything else on their own now that he had to prostrate himself on camera over the situation. They have the graces of the JP audience for now, but if he has to do something like that again, JP public opinion will quickly change.
The Riku step in and will fix thing rrat has the same amount of truth as the grand unifying rrat for me.
To note that this is not the first time Niji failed an expansion, they failed a TW expansion, they failed a KR expansion, they failed a ID expansion, they failed a India expansion. I dont know why you guys are treating Riku as some god level business entrepreneur. Riku stepping in might even make it worse and hasten their downward spiral into nothing. Remember when parent company Activ8 did a hostile takeover upd8 and fixed Kizuna Ai? No? because it didnt happen. :smugpipi:
AND HARRY IS STILL FUCKING THERE
I don't know why you assume Harry wouldn't change or he wouldn't fired. We have no idea what is going on internally right now. Organizational changes take time, especially if there is an investigation.
well people look at some job opening and guessed they are overhauling the team. What I see are the same job openings (with shit wages at that) that has been discussed months ago and say nuh uh nothing changed on that front

Last edited:

The Rratarded Alt

Harry is still in charge afaik. The Riku step in and will fix thing has the same amount of truth as the grand unifying rrat for me.
We have no idea what is going on internally right now. I am not guessing what happened in the past, but talking about possible paths Niji could take. Above is the best case scenario for them.

I don't know why you assume Harry wouldn't be fired. We have no idea what is going on internally right now. Organizational changes take time, especially if there is an investigation.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
So, anons have figured out the true cause behind the collapse of Niji EN:

View attachment 63953View attachment 63954View attachment 63955View attachment 63956
And of course, a certain menhera manager turned talent inserted one of her friends into Nijisanji before joining Phase Connect.

The fish plays a long and patient game indeed.

There's no way this is correct.

None of these RRATs result in Lemon Woman being the ultimate mastermind orchestrating the downfall of NijiEN

:gloomiLaugh:
I buy this if only that the thought of Fishman being directly responsible for the death of NijiEN is FUCKING HILARIOUS. Thinking the Turret LARPing, Dog-bed sleeping, autistic keychain grabbing Goober Canadian CEO could be responsible for causing the loss of 19% of the stock price of the 2nd biggest vTuber agency is just.......so fucking hilarious.
:selenpointandlaugh:
We have no idea what is going on internally right now. I am not guessing what happened in the past, but talking about possible paths Niji could take. Above is the best case scenario for them.

I don't know why you assume Harry wouldn't be fired. We have no idea what is going on internally right now. Organizational changes take time, especially if there is an investigation.
Disagree. The best case scenario would be to have a very intense internal investigation of what exactly happened at that branch since inception, make the results public, and also very publicly sack anyone who is guilty of malfeasance. That'd be the only thing at this point that could restore brand trust in a majority of the public they could potentially win back.

The Rratarded Alt

well people look at some job opening and guessed they are overhauling the team. What I see are the same job openings (with shit wages at that) that has been discussed months ago and say nuh uh nothing changed on that front
Like I said, this shit is not happening overnight. It has only been 2 days. People jumping to conclusions because everything has been quick now are gonna be disappointed since there is a high possibility shit will slow to a crawl now.

Disagree. The best case scenario would be to have a very intense internal investigation of what exactly happened at that branch since inception, make the results public, and also very publicly sack anyone who is guilty of malfeasance. That'd be the only thing at this point that could restore brand trust in a majority of the public they could potentially win back.
Sorry, I meant what I said was the best path for a cheap company without morals. If they had morals or cared about their employees at all, they'd go your route. They have the Japanese public on their side already. If they clean out EN management or merge them into JP, they will have investors on their side, too. They're a Japanese company, so I doubt they will ever admit fault and just go quiet from here.

Weirdo Level 3

I buy this if only that the thought of Fishman being directly responsible for the death of NijiEN is FUCKING HILARIOUS. Thinking the Turret LARPing, Dog-bed sleeping, autistic keychain grabbing Goober Canadian CEO could be responsible for causing the loss of 19% of the stock price of the 2nd biggest vTuber agency is just.......so fucking hilarious.
:selenpointandlaugh:

Honestly, I somewhat agree. The problem with their statements is them trying to throw Doki under the bus with vague as hell statements on what she did and they never changed that approach. Now they are this deep in the grave, they have to change tacks and actually show that there were consequences for their actions. People want blood, and they want to see it run, so they have to actually do a full internal investigation, release a document of all the problems they find, and commence the sacking. They would still be in the shitter in terms of reputation, but at least the audience can see change is happening, even if majority would think it's inconsequential.

Also, yes, I know it is basically throwing a scapegoat, but if they want any chance of salvaging NijiEN while retaining current livers, I think this is the way to go.

NotDecatto

DYRBI
From /vt/ which sounds sensible enough to be a plausible update.
1708049101792.png

USS IOWA

From /vt/ which sounds sensible enough to be a plausible update.
View attachment 63969
If Organs are contacting streamers then that would make sense that Khyo is talking to Daph. But then what helps does that do? Put more fuel to the NijiEN pyre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom