"And what is Mystique's power? Oh she's a shape-shifter? That's not a good name then, her name should be... 'Shapely' huhhuhhuhuhhaHAHAAGHsnort"Amiya Aranha

NYANNERS LEAVES VHOESHOW

Chiato Macchiato

Macchiato "Definitely a PSYOP" Chiato
It makes me laugh to think that this was the person behind the much acclaimed and adored Coco. Kson sounds like a middle school girl who needs everyone to love her because her self-esteem is rock bottom. It always amazes me how she feels the need to respond to negative comments that even only she sees, since most of the time they are sucking her tits.

Limkin

It makes me laugh to think that this was the person behind the much acclaimed and adored Coco. Kson sounds like a middle school girl who needs everyone to love her because her self-esteem is rock bottom. It always amazes me how she feels the need to respond to negative comments that even only she sees, since most of the time they are sucking her tits.
The vast majority of her fans weren't aware of the fact that she was run of the mill ethot before holo, whose general content involved flashing boobs and panties on camera. Then holo hard limited what she was allowed to talk to, hiding the more pathetic parts of her personality (though shit like getting smashed on sleeping pills, while playing with candles in complete delirium still leaked out occasionally). And it was only when she finally graduated and had no limiter that her real personality flared up in full colors. This isn't to say she was untalented or had no passion for her job, just the fact that for all the time she was Coco people never actually had a look at the person behind the character

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
makes you think how many of the others are so vastly different behind the scenes, kinda disheartening really. But unless they let it show you can't let what they might be when they arn't streaming affect how you see them.

Vegeta

SUCK MY COCK
Does this mean that Moonman covers are back on the table?

UberSoldat

makes you think how many of the others are so vastly different behind the scenes, kinda disheartening really. But unless they let it show you can't let what they might be when they arn't streaming affect how you see them.
That's content creators and celebrities in general. They're always putting up an image, the side they want you to see. The reality only comes forth if life catches up to them, or they've slipped up somewhere and someone else brings it to light. I recently learned that AVGN never actually played the games in his videos or had the knowledge and it was someone else all along.

Limkin

Vtubing is just like WWE, there is a certain amount of suspension of disbelief required to enjoy it. And it helps to heavily distance in your mind performance of someone as character, and them as a person in real life. People fake who they are, and act not like what they want to all the time, both in real life and on the internet. If you enjoy a carefully crafted persona they have on a stream, just do your best to stay away from their PL account where you see a totally different person. Vshoujo's inability to understand the very premise of what vtubing is, being in-character, and thinking it's only streaming with avatar, is a big reason why they are hated. They don't have any incentive to hide the bad parts of themselves and instead they flaunt it and put on a pedestal of being "real and not fake"

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Who knows why she is taking forever for a response to this...we all know she will get dunked on when she does but staying silent doesn't help either.
Shutting up is LITERALLY the best thing she could do. even her tweets cured cancer why would opening your mouth about any of this be a smart thing.

Vshoujo's inability to understand the very premise of what vtubing is, being in-character, and thinking it's only streaming with avatar, is a big reason why they are hated. They don't have any incentive to hide the bad parts of themselves and instead they flaunt it and put on a pedestal of being "real and not fake"
Except Vhoe breaking Kayfabe was never a problem people had with them hell breaking kayfabe is a problem no one seems to have anywhere unless they are selling GFE/BFE

Nyanners plays it up a lot from what I remember.

Zen does retarded things with it but is still giant toxic dragon.

Silvervale loves her character and put extra effort and work into it (shes the only one with a "lore" vid as i recall)

Hime does not exist

Mouse plays up being a demon when she can work it into a joke

Haruka had a whole arc about accepting she was a cult leader also she also had a lore video

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
The vast majority of her fans weren't aware of the fact that she was run of the mill ethot before holo, whose general content involved flashing boobs and panties on camera. Then holo hard limited what she was allowed to talk to, hiding the more pathetic parts of her personality (though shit like getting smashed on sleeping pills, while playing with candles in complete delirium still leaked out occasionally). And it was only when she finally graduated and had no limiter that her real personality flared up in full colors. This isn't to say she was untalented or had no passion for her job, just the fact that for all the time she was Coco people never actually had a look at the person behind the character
If she had of stayed in the US and never went to Japan, I guarantee her only streaming would be on Chaturbate.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I got into VTubing during her final month as Coco, so I never really knew much about it. What I have learned over the past two years is that she is a horribly naive person when it comes to how the world works.

I don't know if her current situation was intentional or if she had bigger plans that fell-through, but she shot herself in the foot by leaving Holo and has nothing much to show 2 years later.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
You're not wrong, though staff size is excessive. Cover has 100+, and that's because they're still trying to be a tech company/game developer, actual talent management is on a 1 : 1 basis at most, and we know for a fact that some managers manage several talents (EN had three managers for five talents, IIRC). Niji actually has less employees than Cover, due to not dabbling in game development.

We don't know about Vshojo, but I'm deeply suspicious that it's three (the legal founders). For EN, at any rate.
Cover has 400 according to their last set of quarterly financials. I believe I saw a staff breakdown on their blog and the game dev section was surprisingly small. Niji has over 200 now by their financials also.

hololive ruined /jp/

kson got that lazy eye.

Jean Valjean

Brimming with salt
I have nothing against Kson, and I quite liked Coco, but I have to say that she does much better when she's being wrangled and can't just run her mouth and e-thot all over the place. The woman is genuinely talented and creative, but she needs obstacles in her way in order for it to truly show - in Coco's case, that was Hololive's rules and management. She needs rules to break, boundaries to push. With too much :talentfreedom:, she gets complacent and doesn't do the transgressive stuff fans of Coco loved her for, instead becoming a run of the mill e-thot.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
I'd like to think that, in a better timeline, Kson would be burning down and trying to do damage control in the kitchen of her house for her family and Holofriends, instead of doing it on Twatter as every inch of her is being fellated via tweets.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Is sad to see that in the Homeland the active posters are mostly Kson dickriders that forget that thanks to Coco Cover gave for Free China to Nijisanji

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Is sad to see that in the Homeland the active posters are mostly Kson dickriders that forget that thanks to Coco Cover gave for Free China to Nijisanji
You state this like it's a bad thing.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

I fully expect Hololive to announce the triumphant return of Kiryu Coco pretty soon...

Not gonna lie, I would probably instantly forget that the past 2 years even happened, but I'm a huge nostalgia bitch so my opinion is skewed.

She didn't listen

Archive

No, Kson, people say you're greedy because of your suspiciously jewish nose...

Listen, mate, just because we laugh at Henri whenever he goes on his anti-chinese tyrades, it doesn't mean we like West Taiwan. In fact, most of users here would rather say that the less their favourite company/chuuba has to do with the fucking mainland commie chinks, the better.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
You state this like it's a bad thing.
Listen, mate, just because we laugh at Henri whenever he goes on his anti-chinese tyrades, it doesn't mean we like West Taiwan. In fact, most of users here would rather say that the less their favourite company/chuuba has to do with the fucking mainland commie chinks, the better.
You guys right maybe i just should use the FBK example of how to deal with it

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I don't think it's naivety outright ignorance would be putting it better.

In Japan it's pretty normal to jump at higher paying jobs especially in the entertainment industry it's not just extra cash it's prestige over here it's considered a dick move to abandon a project midway because you got a better offer.

Either way Kson needs to stfu

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
There is a differance between jumping ship from a bad company (which is what the first tweet implied) and selling yourself to whoever comes knocking with the biggest paycheck despite you being well treated and cared for at your original company (which is what the second tweet sounded like), maybe its lost in translation or the translation is bad, but that's what its sounds like.

edit: as i said knowing the context that it is about a bad company makes it better, but it still looks bad
I mean the only criteria I see that can evaluate a company being good or bad is through incentives; how else would you determine what is a good company? No one ever says the company that cracks the whip and pays you peanuts is a good company, it is always the one with the best incentives. Incentives can be done through a multitude of ways, whether it is paycheck, work culture, benefits, work-life balance etc.

If a company has better incentives, they are probably a "better" company overall. I don't see why you wouldn't go for the better company in any case.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
If a company has better incentives, they are probably a "better" company overall. I don't see why you wouldn't go for the better company in any case.
This is the three-to-five rule. If you stay with a company, you can expect a 3-5% cost-of-living increase every year, year-over-year. If you jump ship and fuck over your coworkers every 3-5 years instead, you have the potential to increase your salary significantly each time. You may not know what you're doing, and you may not actually benefit your employer, but you personally will keep making more money. This is more of a general axiom - I can't imagine this could be tied to a nearly 100% commission job like vtubing. You should have zero loyalty to your employer unless they're treating you well, and even then such treatment only goes so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom