"I'm gonna tell Sakana that I said the n-word on stream"Komachi Panko

Pikamee Graduation Thread

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
As an addendum to my previous statements, I'm not trying to say people should actively provoke fights between the axe wound brigade and vtubers. I'm also not trying to say they should be hunted down or actively prosecuted. What I am saying is that they shouldn't be given any special treatment at all, for any reason.

Honestly, this is not an easy thing to deal with. I'm a jaded bastard. I'm cynical and reactionary. Because I've been made this way. I'm reminded of that one scene in Watchmen where Rorschach is walking down a street, monologuing to himself about how filthy, evil and criminal everyone around him obviously is, while perfectly ordinary people do ordinary things in the background.

A lot of people here liked Pikamee because she was innocent and sweet. Even when she cursed and swore, it was like a kid trying to say big nasty adult words. She was sincere and warm. But you can't be like that forever on the internet, even if you aren't exposed to tranny nonsense. We grasp and latch onto people like her because they represent a purity we don't have anymore. They dance through dark caves we know are full of monsters, and skip through fields of pretty flowers we know are laced with poison. Every time one of these people gets stabbed by a thorn, we feel their pain and confusion, because we know that even if they'll likely survive, they'll never be innocent again.

That's what the vermintide take from you. They take your innocence. They force you to harden your heart and stop looking at the world with optimistic eyes. Sure, this happened before. Every creator has had that moment when they realize that their fandom isn't all hyper-positivity and unconditional support. But that adaptation doesn't destroy innocence, not like this.

I think just the revelation that you're sharing your social space with a group that hates you to this degree is what truly destroys your innocence. You see the monsters in the dark, staring back at you. You see the thorns on the flowers, ready to stab you. Suddenly everything you used to like unconditionally has to be examined, and you carry a torch with you when the shadows start to lengthen.

I don't really know where I was going with this. Too many thoughts. Too much to do.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
based tenma.jpeg

Based Tenma showing commitment to her words

"Is ok! Still ordering rope!"

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
I'm going to move this stuff to it's own Events thread soon. It's just completely overwhelming the main thread and anything else is getting crowded out.

this shit

fuck it
Nigga do you realize how much fake bullshit and rrats /vt/ comes up with every single day and not a single one of those things ever hurt the vtuber? You're kvetching over a dumb meme that nobody sane will take seriously. If vtweeter troons do happen upon that Tenma edit and try to cancel her she will just tell them to fuck off and be backed up by management and the public since she was obviously referring to the freaks who harassed pikamee, not troons as a whole. Then it will be another own goal in the public's perception of them.
The fact is that today Tenma posted a tweet that can could have been misinterpreted, management already bonked her and she got twitter locked for 24h because someone already reported her. You're really optimistic if you really think a company that wants to grow and expand will keep a talent associated with hating troons in its roster.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Nigga do you realize how much fake bullshit and rrats /vt/ comes up with every single day and not a single one of those things ever hurt the vtuber?
I actually disagree. /vt/'s dumb-fuck jokes have actively hurt multiple Holomems, to name a few. Kronii and Ame getting shit for collabing with boys has pretty much put the girls who didn't show intention to collab right away in a situation where if they want to collab with boys, they get shit, and if they don't they also get shit for looking stuckup.

Ayame, especially, has had an enormous amount of shit thrown her way thanks to them. The Western community basically shat on her daily until she came out she was dealing with her fucking mom having cancer and her grandmother dying.

Also, you get shitty memes like the cringe-shit "mating press" with Bae, which was created completely independant from the vtuber and somehow is the biggest meme she has, even though she finds it really uncomfortable.

You may think that shit goes unnoticed, and it might here because of how small and unknown we are, but shit on Twitter, 4chan, and Reddit are fore-front and actively impact the VTubers.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
The fact that you feel like "not doing something gratuitous and dumb is an attack to my freedom to live with no fear" is peak US brainrot. Not writing "god hates fags" on the picture of a character played by a chinese girl that loves fags is self censorship to you? Really?
You are ignoring the difference between fanarts and memes. Selen fucking dogs won't become viral and bite her in her ass, Selen going viral with a picture of her burning the pride flag will translate to "ah this is the vtuber that hates gays" and hurt her career (and her personally lol since she's on a whole lesbian arc).

If you like Tenma don't drag her in the gutter with no motives other than "i hate gays and i think this is funny"

Okay.

Now which organisation do you entrust with the power to decide what is and isn't acceptable for you?

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't think we should argue with each other over this, we are forgetting who the real asshats are...

this shit

fuck it
Okay.

Now which organisation do you entrust with the power to decide what is and isn't acceptable for you?
When I'm writing on twitter is twitter, if that's what you mean. On the other hand I'm not a reactionary that identifies himself with Rorschach, so my life is mush easier not giving in to US moral panic so it's easier to remind myself that if I like the work of a person, no matter how much making memes is funny, I should not try to hurt them with my funnies.

SandyCat

Frog enjoyer
God dammit they actually got Pikamee to quit. Fuck these activists screwing with such a sweet and harmless girl like her that she gets to the point of ending her career.

Even some of the normies are waking up because of this
haewrgesf.PNG
Why can't we have nice things

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Probably don't need to mention it, but obviously keep an eye on Futacoochie, Sloot, troontubers, vtweeters and so on. They have a tendency to be unable to shut the fuck up when it would serve them well to do so. Especially since many of the harassers counted Pikamee as one of their few Ws.

Don't go cow tipping either; they will all assuredly find a way to fan the flames without you touching the shit.

Again, archive.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
>dear feeder features thread that draws more anti troon sentiment
>homeland goes down

At least most of them don't seem too aware of this refuge yet

Chiato Macchiato

Macchiato "Definitely a PSYOP" Chiato
I don't think we should argue with each other over this, we are forgetting who the real asshats are...
I don't think anyone is forgetting anything, this is a forum where anyone can register and just by spending time reading without commenting much I can realize that it already has several people who have "controlled opposition" talking points. We are fans of Vtubers talking crap, but that doesn't mean you should think that this site is only full of "allies". Act accordingly.

chihirogumi

I actually disagree. /vt/'s dumb-fuck jokes have actively hurt multiple Holomems, to name a few. Kronii and Ame getting shit for collabing with boys has pretty much put the girls who didn't show intention to collab right away in a situation where if they want to collab with boys, they get shit, and if they don't they also get shit for looking stuckup.

Ayame, especially, has had an enormous amount of shit thrown her way thanks to them. The Western community basically shat on her daily until she came out she was dealing with her fucking mom having cancer and her grandmother dying.

Also, you get shitty memes like the cringe-shit "mating press" with Bae, which was created completely independant from the vtuber and somehow is the biggest meme she has, even though she finds it really uncomfortable.

You may think that shit goes unnoticed, and it might here because of how small and unknown we are, but shit on Twitter, 4chan, and Reddit are fore-front and actively impact the VTubers.
I see what you mean, but I view this Tenma edit the same as the funny and ridiculous "Ayame hates Koreans" rrat that gets thrown around on /vt/. I didn't know that about Bae though, sorry to hear that. She seems fun in the few times I've seen her in collabs.

The fact is that today Tenma posted a tweet that can could have been misinterpreted, management already bonked her and she got twitter locked for 24h because someone already reported her. You're really optimistic if you really think a company that wants to grow and expand will keep a talent associated with hating troons in its roster.
Maybe I am, but I feel like fishman is smart enough to realize kowtowing to malicious idiots who will never watch his talents makes no sense. Even if they try to sully her rep and his marketing opportunities, he just has to look at Hololive to realize they have no power. Calli and Ame have literally said the N word in the past and are still streaming and growing with no issues.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
A reminder for the 'fence-sitting/let's be nice' crowd:
Boogie2988-Bio-300x300.jpg
This is you.
They want you homeless and dead on the street while they rape your women and children.
Get fucked.

Faceless Waifu

look at this cute emm I generated
Early Adopter
Futacoochie
atm she hasnt mentioned anything about Pikamee stuff yet, mostly dicking around with AI voice of herself (one of her imps introduced her to Eleven.ai voice clone thingie), voice tweets, and poking fun at anyone who failed her foolproof q&a to enter her discord.

I'll keep an eye, though.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
> freshly created thread
> had to move 9 pages worth of posts over already
Proctor-sama, I kneel.

>homeland goes down
It's already back up, probably just the initial shock of people flooding to the thread or whatever.

this shit

fuck it
A reminder for the 'fence-sitting/let's be nice' crowd:
View attachment 15084
This is you.
They want you homeless and dead on the street while they rape your women and children.
Get fucked.
Everyday i wake up and thank all of the pantheon for not being born in hell-USA. Remind that your constant state of paranoia is not the experience of the rest of the world.

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
I'm going to move this stuff to it's own Events thread soon. It's just completely overwhelming the main thread and anything else is getting crowded out.
Why move it all out...most of it is on topic...

Top Bottom