"For some reason, I got food poisoning from enoki mushrooms, which are supposed to be good for digestion, and now I am living in the toilet! Don't look for it 🍄"Utatane Nasa

The General Banter Thread & Community Stoning Platform

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Yeah the U.S. has corruption but you won't see Tampons and pads as substitute for Bandages on an average medic's bag, the armored vehicles stuck waiting on depirs waiting for replacement parts, Or the F-35 not manufactured on the hundreds. And an more populations is a boon to the military cause there's more to recruit or to conscript. And you think the U.S. has a disadvantage on technology, The home of the PATRIOT, AEGIS, F22, and the F-35? Not including the hundreds of spy satellites, thousands of drones, And DARPA and Silicone Valley on U.S. shores? But on the drugs though, It is a problem but most of the effects has been on the domestic side with soldiers coming home from the Middle East after they got addicted to Coccaine and Opium that they both locally on Afghanistan, Militarily though I don't have much research on that topic.
You misunderstood, Im not glazing china here, im warning YOU that this shit is happening rught now and you should probably get some canned food, and watch your kids

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover
OH MY FUCKING GOD
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL CLARA ITS NOT NOMRAL TO SING ROMANCE DUET SONGS WITH YOUR FATHER THE ALLEGATIONS ARE ALLREADY FLYING
:whatastory:

Also wait a fucking minute this is the wrong thread aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited:

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
I believe China has time due to recent western actions and strengthening of BRICKs, which iindia is also part of, making them more of economical partner to china rather than competititon. And Mexican manufacturing is a meme made up by americans trying to find another sweatshop heaven now that china became independent.
>Be china
>"Friends" with India
>Claim an entire Indian state as your territory and fight a constant border dispute
>The absolute state of Chinese Diplomacy.

Truly a wolf warrior of all time.
Underestimating China is a perennial problem in the west. Nobody improves without making mistakes, pointing and laughing at these mistakes is incredibly shortsighted. People have been predicting China's collapse for over twenty years. Their housing market was expected to collapse as early as 2006 with the "Ghost Cities" thing.

Nothing collapsed. The cities filled up over time.

The pieces of Chinese kit that made it over to the west (their helmet comes to mind) were on par with western kit. China is authoritarian, and yes, authoritarian regimes do tend to be hit somewhat harder by corruption (I emphasize the somewhat), but China is also a manufacturer.

Steel wins wars, and China has a lot of steel.

Yeah, a helmet isn't the same as a fighter aircraft or an aircraft carrier, but give it time. Nobody's first attempt is ever great.

But after more than twenty years of people predicting China to collapse any day now, maybe it's time to get a clue.
The whole "china will fall" is a meme, but that doesn't necessarily mean the alternative is true, that "China is might!". There are reasons why propaganda cartoons such as the "Year Hare Affair" portrays America as incredibly powerful.
I kinda want China to invade Taiwan just to see their reaction when the Three Gorges Dam mysteriously gets blown up.
Dams are actually really hard to blow up. They're not a weak point, they're a hardened target by virtue of having to be hard. Bluntly, Taiwan doesn't have anything that could meaningfully damage it. Anything short of a GBU 57 won't even penetrate the top (and whether a GBU 57 can depends on the details of the dam's internals that I'm not familiar with). The bottom is impenetrable for... any conventional explosive weapon in existence.

I imagine China would be far more concerned with Taiwan blockading basically the entire coastline by virtue of its location alone.

Blowing up the three gorges dam is a meme.
Yep, and also adding to this, it would simply be easier to just nuke them. Which sounds calloused, but the destruction of the Three Gorges Dam would be fairly equivalent to a nuke, if we are being honest, so an attack like that going off would similarly trigger M.A.D in the same sense that nuking would.

The Dam has fallen, millions must drown.
Well If we are going to be off topic today, You say that China has a lot of steel so does the U.S. but the difference is that the U.S. has been fighting foreign wars for over 100 years with them being mostly unscathe, sans Political scars. China has never won a war against a foreign power, WW2? They hold out until the U.S. dropped two atom bombs on Japan and the Soviet Union invaded Manchura, in which the Soviet Union gave it to them, Korea? stalemate, Their skirmish with the Soviet Union? Status quo with no border changes, Vietnam? Got their asses handed to them and as a bonus Vietnam became closer to the U.S. as a result. The U.S. has been learning what to do when an Ally is at war, They either funnel enough supplies and weapons to their ally till the the opponents logistical situation became so bad that it will eat themselves on the inside, Or if they did get involve militarily they will destroy any Logistical hubs and Military positions and holdout till they surrender. The U.S. might not be good at fighting Guerrillas at the Middle East but fighting large scale armies? They are an ace with that look at Iraq in the 1990s for example.
U.S. has been more than fine at fighting conflicts. The first Gulf war was a bigger stomp than what was already expected to occur, and the 2nd Gulf war wasn't exactly a problem either. Typically America's invasions "failed" in the sense of what happened afterwards, like in Iraq, where the failure of the Iraq invasion was not the military/invading part, i.e. the failure was what happened afterwards, not during.
looking at the reasons why china lost its wars should make you reconsider your stance of the war worthiness of the United States now. Widespread corruption, drugs, overestimation of their own might, uncontrolled population including minority groups and technological disadvantages have led china to long years of humiliation and subjugation. You got tranny Yamanbas passing fent laced weed to the majors, while bradleys get stuck in shrubbery and leopards stop working cause of fog as the news tell about your superiority over everyone else.
Many of these same things have effectively existed in America for most of it's history, including basically the timeframe America was effectively a superpower. The whole 'Paper tiger' charade is honestly just a meme.

Trusting a westerner lmao, also even if those estimates are right, 40% of reported chinas economy is still pretty big, and enough to remain a strong regional power in asia. And shitty army would also be more of a reason not to confront neighbors, so you know, its better for china to just wait around and clean the house than jumping a shark and putting themselves in a costly war with an island notorious for how shitty waters around it are
America's strongest part of their military, is probably the navy. A defensive conflict around Taiwan is generally favorable for America, as things stand currently.

Things considered Aircraft carriers in other countries, aren't generally considered Aircraft carriers in America.

Take the Italian aircraft carrier, Cavour, for example, that is actually not only smaller than the smallest American aircraft carrier, that is actually also smaller than what the US navy considers a Wasp-class amphibious assault ship, which does not qualify as an American aircraft carrier, yet they still literally carry aircraft.

Some fun facts:
The largest air force in the world: United States Airforce.
2nd largest air force in the world: US Navy's Airforce.
This is America afterall, everything is bigger in America. The Aircraft carriers, the houses, the food portions, the people.
>he doubleposted his wallpost

Technical difficulties, please hold! :BijouBijou:

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

>he doubleposted his wallpost

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Yeah the U.S. has corruption but you won't see Tampons and pads as substitute for Bandages on an average medic's bag, the armored vehicles stuck waiting on depirs waiting for replacement parts, Or the F-35 not manufactured on the hundreds. And an more populations is a boon to the military cause there's more to recruit or to conscript. And you think the U.S. has a disadvantage on technology, The home of the PATRIOT, AEGIS, F22, and the F-35? Not including the hundreds of spy satellites, thousands of drones, And DARPA and Silicone Valley on U.S. shores? But on the drugs though, It is a problem but most of the effects has been on the domestic side with soldiers coming home from the Middle East after they got addicted to Coccaine and Opium that they both locally on Afghanistan, Militarily though I don't have much research on that topic.

But the last thing I will say though is that I don't have much faith that China succesfully invade Taiwan. Five reasons
1. Their corruption is so bad that it hampered military effectiveness, I still recall their bullets keyholing and they have no body armor,
2. Taiwan has become a fortress Islands with interlocking air defenses, interconnected bunkers, and a well equipped military,
3. They are outnumbered on the SCS with the U.S., Japan, and Australia commited to protecting Taiwan, and does not include South Korea, Vietnam, The Philippines, and Indonesia if they want to join or not.
4. Offensive wars are often Political time bombs for the ruling party especially authoritarian ones, Their political stability often hinges if the war ended quickly and decisevely of those two are not met the longer the war goes on the more tense the political situation will become.
5. Inexperience in waging a war over the sea, With most of their wars fought on their borders they have not nuch experience on how to replenish supplies iver the sea, And with them being outnumbered, I can see their supply ships being sunk over the course the war.
I apologize for continuing with the IR-sperging.

I don't doubt that as it stands today, the US + allies could curb-stomp China in any serious confrontation over Taiwan. Though I suppose it also depends on the timing and particular circumstances should it happen, there's always that X factor in world events that has resulted in some seriously unexpected outcomes in the past.

He does have a point though, that the problem with the U.S. may be developments on the home front. Not in the whole "America has fallen, Civil War soon" sense, but in the sense that there may come a point where America just isn't interested enough to defend Taiwan. Stealing Peter Zeihan's whole thing here, but the U.S. might simply get tired of being the guarantor of the world system and focus inward. Ironically stuff like building TSMC fabs in the US may just accelerate that process, removing one of the main incentives for defending Taiwan.

The US will probably remain powerful and wealthy, but the current crop of American politicians are the last that were reared in the Cold War mindset of being the arsenal of democracy. The next generation of politicians are in their 40s-50s. Their formative political experience was the Global War on Terror and foreign policy failures in the Middle East, followed by the Global Financial Crisis. While they may not be committed isolationists, I do not doubt that their disposition will be towards shoring up the home front over international commitments. Depending on the timing of a war in Taiwan, an American president may take the pivotal decision not to commit American forces, or at least not get directly involved in the ground invasion. That said, they're still the next generation, not the current leadership, so Taiwan is probably safe for this decade, at least.

Anyhow, all of this speculation is akin to betting against God, but it can be fun.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I don't doubt that as it stands today, the US + allies could curb-stomp China in any serious confrontation over Taiwan. Though I suppose it also depends on the timing and particular circumstances should it happen, there's always that X factor in world events that has resulted in some seriously unexpected outcomes in the past.
politisperging is retarded, besides they will just stalemate each other until they suddenly decide on a "peaceful" ceasefire after they get the economy to shift a little, aka the usual.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Why are you faggits discussing war like it's a football game. You realize there isn't a single, more jewish enterprise on this planet than "war". Literally a cabal of half a dozen bank cartel owners exchange grotesque quantities of funds while uneducated poor people shoot each other dead, on the ground, under the sea or even flying comically expensive hardware.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Why are you faggits discussing war like it's a football game. You realize there isn't a single, more jewish enterprise on this planet than "war". Literally a cabal of half a dozen bank cartel owners exchange grotesque quantities of funds while uneducated poor people shoot each other dead, on the ground, under the sea or even flying comically expensive hardware.
Everybody knows, nobody cares.

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
The Chinese naval stuff is really the big question with the Taiwan invasion topic. There have been shockingly few successful naval invasions since "modern" warfare became a thing. It's why D-Day was such a big deal, invading a hostile, fortified shoreline and holding it against a foe with equal technological prowess to you is really damn hard. And as far as I know, no one has really tried a major naval landing since drones have become a thing. A single drone could sink an entire landing craft or supply ship, and given the urban density of Taiwan it would be incredibly difficult to prevent those drones from being launched, even after a theoretical occupation. That leaves a blockade as an option, but between Japan and the US, its going to be REAL hard for China to enforce a blockade any time soon. A single US carrier group with Japanese support could forcibly end a blockade if China started one tomorrow. The US has 11 carrier groups.

That leaves the other option, which is the whole "remove US will to intervene" thing, but.... a lot of people in the US do not like mainland China, for a lot of different reasons. I could honestly see a bunch of people supporting war against China if it wasn't for nuclear deterrence (hooray MAD, ensuring relative peace since 1945).

Not happening in the next decade unless something major happens IMO, like Yellowstone going off or a Chinese plant becoming president. Taiwan is just too hard a nut to crack for China as it currently is.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
God forbid men have hobbies. Let me pray that I will finally receive the chance for my god given right to die in a trench somewhere after committing a small massacre in peace, thank you very much:annoyedpippa:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Little opinion. Aircraft and aircraft carriers are very good and cool. But as the Russian-Ukrainian conflict has shown, ships can practically do nothing against the drone horde. Need to seriously rethink ship defense strategy and tactics, increasing the number of machine guns, installing radio jammers, possibly emi, etc. But first of all, this is not a quick matter (and bureaucracy slows it down many times). And the main thing is that until the generals feel it on their own skin, they will not change anything, thinking that they are already protected from everything.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
Little opinion. Aircraft and aircraft carriers are very good and cool. But as the Russian-Ukrainian conflict has shown, ships can practically do nothing against the drone horde. Need to seriously rethink ship defense strategy and tactics, increasing the number of machine guns, installing radio jammers, possibly emi, etc. But first of all, this is not a quick matter (and bureaucracy slows it down many times). And the main thing is that until the generals feel it on their own skin, they will not change anything, thinking that they are already protected from everything.
I thought NATOs main tactic has always been "gain air superiority and bomb the shit out of the enemy until they surrender", as they did in the 90's against Serbia

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
I thought NATOs main tactic has always been "gain air superiority and bomb the shit out of the enemy until they surrender", as they did in the 90's against Serbia
Yes, but there were no drones at all then, nor were drones used in Syria(the most recent conflict involving the U.S. Army). I've seen so many videos, plus I've talked to people using drones. These weapons are really changing the tactics and strategy of modern warfare. Only long-range missiles and aircraft located several thousand kilometers away will be safe. And even then, bringing a few drones closer to the location and launching them is a simple matter in any country.

USS IOWA

I remember seeing a video about Russians using helicopter side HMGs to shoot sea drones so maybe it will another role that the Sea helicopters will be added on top of spotting and transporting. I could also see the return of anti torpedo nets on ships.

Welp, Torpedo nets it is.

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
God forbid men have hobbies. Let me pray that I will finally receive the chance for my god given right to die in a trench somewhere after committing a small massacre in peace, thank you very much:annoyedpippa:
Hell yeah! War-profiteering is my favorite hobby
:BijouBijou:

Stunned But Dumb

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Your favorite hobby is posting about how great hololive and gura are, constantly, like that crossroads evangelist from Kingdom of Heaven telling the crusaders they can buy their way into heaven by killing the mammeluks.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
That leaves the other option, which is the whole "remove US will to intervene" thing, but.... a lot of people in the US do not like mainland China, for a lot of different reasons. I could honestly see a bunch of people supporting war against China if it wasn't for nuclear deterrence (hooray MAD, ensuring relative peace since 1945).
While I can definitely see the US losing the will to intervene in somewhere like Dagestan or the Central African Republic, Taiwan is a major strategic trading partner; they are one of the last places the US would be apathetic about, probably only behind the UK and Japan.
But as the Russian-Ukrainian conflict has shown, ships rust buckets crewed by drunk Ivans can practically do nothing against the drone horde.

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
I thought that was what they were building those big-ass microwave laser cannon things for, was drones? The US was so worried about them that they completely cut out the military industrial complex during the design process to get them on ships sooner IIRC. I'm not particularly up-to-date on military news or anything, but I do remember hearing that they've already got quite a few "drone destroyers" out and about. Inb4 they start making smaller nuclear ships again to power their new lasers...

...And then comes the drone carrier submarine concept which just shits out 500 drones to blow up the destroyers anyways.

But yeah I still think we're still at least decade out from open conflict with China over Taiwan, it's fucking hard to take an island.

Top Bottom