"When I think about talking, my mouth just opens"Hayama Marin

Pipprojects 2024

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
1719234346439.png
Finishing the glossary and resizing the bars to make more space, give me 4. Had to work yesterday, sorry.
im sure its getting the finishing touches. tempo will send it. pippa will skim it. hs actually editting the book, not just copy pasting the text. he did little icons and everything.

we can say "heres the anni gift, sorry its late, chat reflects the coffee company"
Do you think any artist is free to try to make a better cover? A sucint eulogy would be nice for the back cover as well.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Do you think any artist is free to try to make a better cover? A sucint eulogy would be nice for the back cover as well.
reword that

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister

famous artist pipkun

Oh, I didnt knew eulogy was only for dead people, sorry! I meant like a tribute, a small paragraph for the recipient of the gift.
i meant the "better cover" part.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister

famous artist pipkun

oh youre esl? shit my b

famous artist pipkun

just use one of the covers trap made.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
240624-144720.png

I need something to fill up here, any suggestions?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
240624-144720.png

Since cooking temperatures are to the right, maybe a picture of using a meat thermometer?

DTrp

Since cooking temperatures are to the right, maybe a picture of using a meat thermometer?
either this, or you can move the pipicture of pippa at the stove down and embiggen it a little

E: this looks great btw

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
240624-144720.png

EU measurement and conversions
Metric for liquid solids (butter)Metric for liquids (milk)Standard
1 mL1 mL1/4 tsp.
2 mL2 mL1/2 tsp.
5 mL5 mL1 tsp.
14 mL15 mL1 Tbsp. (3 tsp.)
28 mL30 mL1/8 cup
57 mL60 mL1/4 cup
76 mL80 mL1/3 cup
113 mL120 mL1/2 cup
152 mL160 mL2/3 cup
171 mL180 mL3/4 cup
227 mL240 mL1 cup
454 mL480 mL1 pint
908 mL960 mL1 quart

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
So what's going on? Is the project dead? Is the book being put together? How is this going to be given to Pippa?
im sure its getting the finishing touches. tempo will send it. pippa will skim it. hs actually editting the book, not just copy pasting the text. he did little icons and everything.

we can say "heres the anni gift, sorry its late, chat reflects the coffee company"
When it's all said and done it will probably be sent to her in the form of a Tweet, using her hashtags and such, instead of having to go through the janny; I'm pretty sure it was decided I would do the tweet.

DTrp

@shipmate_F
I just wrote a few beginner tips if you can fit them in there. feel free to condense or discard.
  • Read the Entire Recipe Before Starting: Before you begin cooking, read through the entire recipe to understand the steps and gather all necessary ingredients. This helps prevent surprises and ensures you have everything you need.
  • Keep Your Knives Sharp: A sharp knife is safer and more efficient than a dull one. Regularly sharpen your knives to make cutting easier and reduce the risk of accidents.
  • Season Your Food Properly: Don't be afraid to use salt and other seasonings. Proper seasoning enhances the flavors of your dishes. Taste as you cook and adjust the seasoning as needed.
  • Organize Your Workspace: Prepare and measure all your ingredients before you start cooking. This practice, known as mise en place, helps you stay organized and ensures a smoother cooking process.
  • Clean as You Go: Keep your workspace tidy by cleaning up spills and washing utensils and dishes as you cook. This habit helps maintain a clean kitchen and makes cleanup easier after you finish cooking.
  • Always Preheat Your Pan or Oven: Preheating ensures that your food cooks evenly and as intended. Whether you're baking or sautéing, make sure your pan or oven reaches the desired temperature before adding ingredients.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Call it a present for the second anniversary of Phase Connect.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
@DTrp do you want a past time? I was thinking on how to do the numbering/bottom of the pages better, if you have the time, do a little storyline with rabbits like the ones we did, slime-rabbits design, you have the entire bottom of the pages to work with, so 8.5x1", but I ask to heave a bit of space to insert the numbers, I was thinking of changing them to the corner like this.
1719270871601.png
My idea is adding rabbits to the little storyline/adventure according to the page number (page 8 = 8 rabbits), you can freeform it but I consider Patapon as a reference, not for artstyle, but for the "story". Needs 20 or so of those.
If not I'll just do a simple bunny arcs with numbers by the center.

DTrp

@DTrp do you want a past time? I was thinking on how to do the numbering/bottom of the pages better, if you have the time, do a little storyline with rabbits like the ones we did, slime-rabbits design, you have the entire bottom of the pages to work with, so 8.5x1", but I ask to heave a bit of space to insert the numbers, I was thinking of changing them to the corner like this.
View attachment 72467
My idea is adding rabbits to the little storyline/adventure according to the page number (page 8 = 8 rabbits), you can freeform it but I consider Patapon as a reference, not for artstyle, but for the "story". Needs 20 or so of those.
If not I'll just do a simple bunny arcs with numbers by the center.
I'm sorry but I don't think i have the talent to do that in any reasonable amount of time. If there's anything else that would help you finish up let me know and I'll do whatever i can.

Last edited:

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
I'm sorry but I don't think i have the talent to do that in any reasonable amount of time. If there's anything else that would help you finish up let me know and I'll do whatever i can.
Get me some reference images for the recipes then, mainly Saya's, but any other recipe that you see white space (you can use the old pdf as reference), preferably bigger than 720p. Azehara recipe already got photos.
If you can, make a variable clock vector: one for 15min, one for 30, one for 45, one for 60, like an arrow going around or a section of an analog clock to denotate the time required to cook it.
Any suggestion of texture/iconography for the background of the sheets is very welcome.
And I think I'm going for sans-serif before the cookbook and leave the serif font for it itself. I'll use your beginner tips for the cover before the recipes themselves as it works a bit better and I can throw more illustrations that are hard to fit in, there.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
1719277842102.png1719277857786.png1719277868669.png1719277881253.png
Something like these what you're after? Since it's going to be really small, I just wanted to keep it simple. If it doesn't shrink down well, I can rework them.,

DTrp

some reference images for the recipes then, mainly Saya's,
the steak and potatoes? best i found was this

list any others in particular you need because i dont know which are missing pictures

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
View attachment 72474View attachment 72475View attachment 72476View attachment 72477
Something like these what you're after? Since it's going to be really small, I just wanted to keep it simple. If it doesn't shrink down well, I can rework them.,
Yes but I want them stylized like the icons we did. I'll do it myself if you don't wanna try your hand, I just think it would demerit the whole thing to have something too simple.
the steak and potatoes? best i found was this

list any others in particular you need because i dont know which are missing pictures

Yes, but I wanted anything with the process itself, or at least the dish separate parts, for example the Au Jus, the potatoes and the steak.
Almost all recipes dont have any procedure picture.

I'll work on the table of contents and textures.

Top Bottom