basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
what the fuck?

who would want to steal the fucking durandal

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
what the fuck?

The only explanation I'll accept is that the goat Mandricardo got summoned irl by the power of MY FRIEND

Awoogers

The only explanation I'll accept is that the goat Mandricardo got summoned irl by the power of MY FRIEND
fuckers about to pull of the prank of the decade

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

what the fuck?

While the Dead Internet Theory is mostly correct (and has actually been true for a while, as most website traffic is bots reading other bots), there's one other one out there I'm starting to feel like might actually be somewhat true. Something happened at the start of 2016 that changed the Timelines (a la Steins;Gate) and it causes very strange things to happen. While "Weird Shit" always happens, it's just far more common since then. The Large Hadron Collider's second major operational phase starting in 2015 is something I've seen sighted before, haha.

More seriously, there's clearly a large, well connected and decently funded "new religious movement" that's behind a lot of oddities around purported mystical objects. Someone is very intent on collecting Icons from across the globe, which likely has spawned a black market for the objects. And since it always seems to go back to them, it's likely some new version of the Babylonian Mystery Religions. Because it always ends up being them.

Awoogers

Maybe harambe being shot was the catalyst that started it all

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Awoogers

Everything's gone to shit after that day and now some fuckers are collecting catalysts for some goddamn reason

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Something happened at the start of 2016
I say 2012 is a better mark, since its the Mayan end of the world and the start of Chris chans transition also the outrage culture we see today. It just reached its peak in 2016 with US elections, and what we see now is more of a fallout of the whole thing.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
The world ended in the year 2000, we just didn't know it at the time. We're now in some strange limbo, and what reality was and what we now perceive as reality have been separating more and more as time has gone on, with heavier spikes here and there.

And it's all been accelerating in the past decade. I expect some real madness over the next six years, the likes of which no one can truly imagine.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The world ended in the year 2000, we just didn't know it at the time. We're now in some strange limbo, and what reality was and what we now perceive as reality have been separating more and more as time has gone on, with heavier spikes here and there.

And it's all been accelerating in the past decade. I expect some real madness over the next six years, the likes of which no one can truly imagine.
Honestly I feel like everything has been in decline since 1999, culture and media are just rehashes of what once was, every decade has been worse and more cynical than the last.

Early Adopter
Although, I honestly think this shift in reality is a bunch of nonsense, even tho its a logical response to what the fuck is going on in the world. Derealisation against frequently absurd state of our history and today is perfectly natural, but remember that the world has been more absurd, and a period of relative ease that has given us the transition to the more modern times has just given contrast to the nonsense that has been a constant throughout history. We cry about faggots today, but Nero has been playing fiddle when the Rome burned yesterday, and people will wage wars over lifeless rocks tomorrow.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Honestly I feel like everything has been in decline since 1999, culture and media are just rehashes of what once was, every decade has been worse and more cynical than the last.

There's been numerous people who, independently, have noticed that. Some have dubbed it "cultural ground zero." They all pinpoint it around here, give or take a few years.

Although, I honestly think this shift in reality is a bunch of nonsense, even tho its a logical response to what the fuck is going on in the world. Derealisation against frequently absurd state of our history and today is perfectly natural, but remember that the world has been more absurd, and a period of relative ease that has given us the transition to the more modern times has just given contrast to the nonsense that has been a constant throughout history. We cry about faggots today, but Nero has been playing fiddle when the Rome burned yesterday, and people will wage wars over lifeless rocks tomorrow.

Yeah, this is both my whitepill and blackpill. I am aware, through my reading of history, that humanity has been through much, much worse, and has come out improved.

However, I'm also aware that it was very much not fun to go through that, and it's looking like we're all about to go through that.

So, I'm rather optimistic in the long term, but very pessimistic in the short term - and the short term could be a few years, a few decades, or a few centuries. Not a very positive view that helps get you out of bed in the morning.

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.

Early Adopter
However, I'm also aware that it was very much not fun to go through that, and it's looking like we're all about to go through that.
Life sucks, life sucked for your grand grandfather during great depression, where the only bread and soup he had been given was on a free soup kitchen funded by the mob to court favours with the public so that the boys wont get fucked as hard on the alchohol bust. For your grandfather forced from his home to die on the beaches of dunkirk so that some other unit could land in france. For your father as market fluctuations turned his american dream into a parody of itself. Maturity is to make the best of it.

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

There's been numerous people who, independently, have noticed that. Some have dubbed it "cultural ground zero." They all pinpoint it around here, give or take a few years.

Yeah, this is both my whitepill and blackpill. I am aware, through my reading of history, that humanity has been through much, much worse, and has come out improved.

So, I'm rather optimistic in the long term, but very pessimistic in the short term - and the short term could be a few years, a few decades, or a few centuries. Not a very positive view that helps get you out of bed in the morning.

I heard the phrase "Vacation from History" one time some years ago that best described the point from the Fall of the Berlin Wall until 9/11. The USA, especially, likely had the highest level of sustained economic growth in the middle incomes, relative to the top, as any other point in history & over the most families. It was a time of real economic growth & wealth generation. Then the Dot Com bubble burst. Then the consequences of NAFTA in gutting out regional manufacturing caught up. Then the entire mood of the country changed when the Towers fell, and the country launched into a Forever War scenario.

Those radical changes to the global cultural dynamo has had profound effects. Also, well, Internet Brain Rot is definitely a real thing plaguing humanity. The fact we can talk about the pivot being somewhere between the Dot Com Bubble and the ubiquitous presence of smartphones should tell us the actual cause.

Early Adopter
Also I just saw Menu. Movie was pretty good!

Awoogers

i wonder if the remaining descendants of the old onmyodo families went batshit insane when tamamos rock cracked open a few years back

ex_lurker

For your grandfather forced from his home to die on the beaches of dunkirk so that some other unit could land in france. L
This does not refute your message but
If your grandfather during WWII was trying to get OFF the boat and not ON them at Dunkirk he might have been a bit retarded

(The D-Day landing were in Normandy, Dunkirk is where the british and french armies tried to evacuate in june 40)

Last edited:

Early Adopter
The D-Day landing were in Normandy, Dunkirk is where the british and french armies tried to evacuate in june 40
Not all of them survived and i would rather french under german occupation

Top Bottom