"I was supposed to be a joke!!!"Sena Bonbon

The General Banter Thread & Community Stoning Platform

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
[- WOMEN AVOID OVERT CONFRONTATION - BUT INSTEAD ENGAGE IN COVERT OPS - SUCH AS PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE SNIPING COMMENTS OR SETUPS TO HARM AND REDUCE THEIR TARGET'S SOCIAL POSITION -]
[- MEN TALK LESS - BUT ARE THERE WHEN ACTION IS NEEDED -]
Careful there, or one day you might just end up getting squished in a hydraulic press by a woman.

MR.T800

Why do you cry?
Careful there, or one day you might just end up getting squished in a hydraulic press by a woman.
[- CAREFUL HUMAN - OR YOU'LL BE LOCKED AWAY IN THE PESCADERO PRISON STATE MENTAL HOSPITAL BY A MAN -]
Meet_Peter_Silberman.jpg
[- MURDERING AN INNOCENT TERMINATOR IS A FEDERAL CRIME -]

VSoyBoy

MR.T800

Why do you cry?
You dare target Nasa for termination, we're gonna go all John Connor over your ass T-800.
View attachment 72108
[- IT'S CERTAINLY SAKANA WHO CAN ISSUE TERMINATION UPON HIS TALENTS - MACHINES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT -]
[- YOUR JOHN CONNOR DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE A GUN -]
[- YOU SEE IT RIGHT HERE -]
schizo Conner out of ammo.jpg

:smugpipi:

Last edited:

Koronesuki

X-Potato

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
You know, after reading your write-up I might change my perspective a little bit. I'm pretty unhappy with my performance on not being able to go over 1600MR, I get close to crossing to 1700 and start getting beaten to death, but I went to check again and Master is only 12% of the playerbase. I'll try to step back a little to see the broader picture.
Still, wild to me that they would have antis trying to gatekeep someone putting the effort, some niggas ain't real and should get bullied more in the rare case they're in the scene.
:holohag: :hololove:

Posting here cause it ain't really chuuba-related. When you feel like hanging yourself because you dropped 100MR in a session, just remember that being at this level means you're doing great. FG niggas like us hold ourselves to a higher standard cause we watch tournaments and top-level gameplay, but we shouldn't forget that being at this level is incredibly rare overall and pretty difficult to do. It's why I respect the Holo girls for trying so hard and not giving up, especially when they're juggling that with everything else they're doing and dealing with retarded antis for it. It's definitely something you should be proud of. It's tough out here in the Master cesspool but we gonna survive brother :gurasemperfi:

(I was close to 1800MR when I hard-grinded the game but now am basically in a similar situation to you points-wise. Work has stopped me from playing as much as I'd like to though and my reactions have definitely suffered for it.)

God's Strongest Dragoon

Posting here cause it ain't really chuuba-related. When you feel like hanging yourself because you dropped 100MR in a session, just remember that being at this level means you're doing great. FG niggas like us hold ourselves to a higher standard cause we watch tournaments and top-level gameplay, but we shouldn't forget that being at this level is incredibly rare overall and pretty difficult to do. It's why I respect the Holo girls for trying so hard and not giving up, especially when they're juggling that with everything else they're doing and dealing with retarded antis for it. It's definitely something you should be proud of. It's tough out here in the Master cesspool but we gonna survive brother :gurasemperfi:

(I was close to 1800MR when I hard-grinded the game but now am basically in a similar situation to you points-wise. Work has stopped me from playing as much as I'd like to though and my reactions have definitely suffered for it.)
Ranked ladders on 1v1 games always cause this. At least when you play something like League of Legends, there's 4 other people on the team and you can cope about "they didn't play well", "our comp just didn't work", or "I had a bad matchup and couldn't carry". Meanwhile when you play something like Starcraft 2, there's only yourself to blame, especially when it's a mirror match like Zerg vs Zerg.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
[- IT'S CERTAINLY SAKANA WHO CAN ISSUE TERMINATION UPON HIS TALENTS - MACHINES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT -]
[- YOUR JOHN CONNOR DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE A GUN -]
[- YOU SEE IT RIGHT HERE -]
View attachment 72130

:smugpipi:
That's a decoy we hired to throw off skynet.

IMissTheOldInternet

I MUST NOT GLOW I MUST NOT GLOW I MUST NOT GLOW
Since I don't feel like cluttering the holoJustice thread I'll just shitpost my clearly objectively correct opinion on D&D here instead.

D&D is fundamentally not a very good engine, but there was acceptable versions.
If your edition allows Paladins to have CHA scores lower than 17, it isn't one of them.
Furthermore 5E is awful and everything wrong with contemporary TTRPGS, with the rot starting already at your ability scores. Mechanics should assist immersion through attempting to depict the thing being played in accordance to what it is in setting, not require me to actively work on suspending my disbelief to paper over their dogshit modern mentality of "but my oh-so-random and quirky hill giant wizard would be hard to play effectively, you can't hobble my build because I pick nonsensical race-class combinations".

Stunned But Dumb

Hey do you guys like critical role?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Dr. Welshman

Dr. Welshman

A bit left field, but it involves Twitch, and a platform for Chuubers, so fuck it.

Cody Conners (twitter handle @evoli) has posted on there that Dr Disrespect got banned/Fired from Twitch four years ago due to sexting a minor.
So far, he has supplied zero receipts or anything else, besides a load of 'Trust me bro' energy. I'm away from my PC and cannot archive the tweets in case this blows up etc.

Honestly, people are jumping on the whole NDA ran out angle, but without concrete proof it's just a random on X doing a call out, albeit an ex Twitch staffer.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Critical Role killed D&D and TTRPG as a whole, you can't change my mind

gatekeep your hobbies while you can, support local creators delivering what the big names won't, so on and so forth

UberSoldat

gatekeep your hobbies while you can, support local creators delivering what the big names won't, so on and so forth
Can you elaborate on how a DND show run by veterans of the voice acting industry managed to kill an entire hobby, one which DND does not represent the whole of? Genuinely curious, not a slight

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Can you elaborate on how a DND show run by veterans of the voice acting industry managed to kill an entire hobby, one which DND does not represent the whole of? Genuinely curious, not a slight
Critical Roll is the Big Bang Theory / Rick and Morty of tabletop.

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(

How is it dead when it's completely possible to just... use/adapt older/better rulesets yourself? I don't know about you but D&D isn't something I just play with randoms who jumped in because of internet has-beens. My buddy's wife constantly walking in and making fun of his barbarian voice is infinitely more threatening to a game night than 5E ever was.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

So how many hours of free time do you have, because this is an issue going back years, perhaps a decade and some change, but I'll try to condense as much as possible.

If we're talking in terms of popularity, you can easily find a game if you put in the effort, especially with various online tools and servers for any ruleset or campaign you could think of. Go one step further, host the games yourself, curate your players, and they will eventually come.

But you'll have to run the risk of playing with fans of Critical Role and its aftereffects on the hobby, in that if the game isn't like what Critical Role does, it's "wrong".

Coinciding with this, WOTC has been changing the game to accommodate this surge in popularity - cue the millions of articles about how "Orcs are actually black people and dwarves are jews (no, we're not racist for thinking this, YOU'RE the racists)". Now every race is equal with no unique racial bonuses - wait, no, can't use the word "race" anymore, that's problematic - and the game continues to be dumbed down for the common denominator, so problem solved, right? Not good enough. There needs to be more actual real-world race and LGBT representation in every game, everyone against this are heckin' bigots. The spiral continues until this day, with these fans bleeding into other TTRPG efforts as well.

Back to Critical Role, years into their popularity they would have to apologize for not having enough queer and BIPOC players in their games, and now their earlier content is ALSO heckin' problematic. Celebrations of the first black DM in Critical Role, celebrations of "the message", their animated series isn't good enough for those standards, so on and so forth. Even with all the changes they make, they probably won't be as popular as they used to be, and the damage has already been done on the hobby by those who got into it because of them.

Dungeons and Dragons - and TTRPGs as a whole - have never been more successful, after removing everything that made the nerds of old fall in love with it.

How is it dead when it's completely possible to just... use/adapt older/better rulesets yourself? I don't know about you but D&D isn't something I just play with randoms who jumped in because of internet has-beens. My buddy's wife constantly walking in and making fun of his barbarian voice is infinitely more threatening to a game night than 5E ever was.

I agree - you can always play the old/better/homebrew rulesets with whomever you want, in fact that's the ideal way to play the game.

This won't stop the new product of D&D and similar major tabletop games from catering to the Critical Role audience and capitulating to the whims of tourists, which is what I was referring to in the hyperbole. Preserve the old ways as much as you can, and if the new content continues down this path without course correction, don't give it the time of day - instead give your time and money towards the creators that actually deliver.

Faceless Waifu

look at this cute emm I generated
Early Adopter
As someone whose only interaction of TTRPG being a homebrew based from Dark Heresy 2nd edition and this obscure little thing called "Nechronica", i clearly have no clue what D&D is and how a bunch of popular gaming session somehow caused untold woke heresy to destroy it.

Top Bottom