"Everyone is my diaper now!"Shisui Michiru

The General Banter Thread & Community Stoning Platform

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
And shitty army would also be more of a reason not to confront neighbors, so you know, its better for china to just wait around and clean the house than jumping a shark and putting themselves in a costly war with an island notorious for how shitty waters around it are
Sometimes countries end up making ill-advised attempts to invade and conquer their neighbors despite having a poorly-trained/equipped/led army because their leadership's mouths have been writing checks about how stronk they are that their backers expect them to eventually start cashing in, and also in some countries bad news doesn't flow up the chain because being the bearer of true-but-bad news will torpedo your career, so the leadership's understanding of their actual military capabilities is dangerously rosy.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Trusting a westerner lmao, also even if those estimates are right, 40% of reported chinas economy is still pretty big, and enough to remain a strong regional power in asia. And shitty army would also be more of a reason not to confront neighbors, so you know, its better for china to just wait around and clean the house than jumping a shark and putting themselves in a costly war with an island notorious for how shitty waters around it are
To explain this a bit more, China doesn't have the time to wait out. China is currently going through the middle-income trap, and as such, it is losing its competitiveness in the manufacturing industry to places like Vietnam, India, and Mexico. Also, there going through a demographic collapse because of the consequences of the one-child policy and the overall shit economy there at the moment. They don't have the time to wait, and as such, there's a decent chance of them Jumping the shark.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
To explain this a bit more, China doesn't have the time to wait out. China is currently going through the middle-income trap, and as such, it is losing its competitiveness in the manufacturing industry to places like Vietnam, India, and Mexico. Also, there going through a demographic collapse because of the consequences of the one-child policy and the overall shit economy there at the moment. They don't have the time to wait, and as such, there's a decent chance of them Jumping the shark.
I believe China has time due to recent western actions and strengthening of BRICKs, which iindia is also part of, making them more of economical partner to china rather than competititon. And Mexican manufacturing is a meme made up by americans trying to find another sweatshop heaven now that china became independent.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Underestimating China is a perennial problem in the west. Nobody improves without making mistakes, pointing and laughing at these mistakes is incredibly shortsighted. People have been predicting China's collapse for over twenty years. Their housing market was expected to collapse as early as 2006 with the "Ghost Cities" thing.

Nothing collapsed. The cities filled up over time.

The pieces of Chinese kit that made it over to the west (their helmet comes to mind) were on par with western kit. China is authoritarian, and yes, authoritarian regimes do tend to be hit somewhat harder by corruption (I emphasize the somewhat), but China is also a manufacturer.

Steel wins wars, and China has a lot of steel.

Yeah, a helmet isn't the same as a fighter aircraft or an aircraft carrier, but give it time. Nobody's first attempt is ever great.

But after more than twenty years of people predicting China to collapse any day now, maybe it's time to get a clue.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Underestimating China is a perennial problem in the west. Nobody improves without making mistakes, pointing and laughing at these mistakes is incredibly shortsighted. People have been predicting China's collapse for over twenty years. Their housing market was expected to collapse as early as 2006 with the "Ghost Cities" thing.

The pieces of Chinese kit that made it over to the west (their helmet comes to mind) were on par with western kit. China is authoritarian, and yes, authoritarian regimes do tend to be hit somewhat harder by corruption (I emphasize the somewhat), but China is also a manufacturer.

Yeah, a helmet isn't the same as a fighter aircraft or an aircraft carrier, but give it time. Nobody's first attempt is ever great.

But after more than twenty years of people predicting China to collapse any day now, maybe it's time to get a clue.
China will win by doing what they always do, throwing millions of their own people at their opponents sacrificing as many as it takes because they have millions more to spare.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Guys did that during the other world wars as well, the FBI tracked down half a million draft dodgers during WW2 and either forced them into the army or into prison. Only way to get away with draft dodging was to be rich enough to bribe the official in charge of you into determining you unfit for service, shitting your pants or running away doesn't cut it if they really need people. A country not being prepared for war/declining in power doesn't mean they're less likely to get into a war and aggressively draft people, it means they're more likely to do it.
Somewhere, there's a board member of Lockheed Martin who's crying because the new yacht he's going to buy is only 200 feet long instead of 250 feet, and it's because America hasn't been fighting in enough wars. Did you ever think about people like him? No. You only ever think about yourself.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I kinda want China to invade Taiwan just to see their reaction when the Three Gorges Dam mysteriously gets blown up.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Dams are actually really hard to blow up. They're not a weak point, they're a hardened target by virtue of having to be hard. Bluntly, Taiwan doesn't have anything that could meaningfully damage it. Anything short of a GBU 57 won't even penetrate the top (and whether a GBU 57 can depends on the details of the dam's internals that I'm not familiar with). The bottom is impenetrable for... any conventional explosive weapon in existence.

I imagine China would be far more concerned with Taiwan blockading basically the entire coastline by virtue of its location alone.

Blowing up the three gorges dam is a meme.

Early Adopter
Their housing market was expected to collapse as early as 2006 with the "Ghost Cities" thing.
It collapsed 2 years ago i think? They handled it well enough.
China will win by doing what they always do, throwing millions of their own people at their opponents sacrificing as many as it takes because they have millions more to spare.
Last time they tried that, brits steamrolled them, and got them all addicted to crack

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Dams are actually really hard to blow up. They're not a weak point, they're a hardened target by virtue of having to be hard. Bluntly, Taiwan doesn't have anything that could meaningfully damage it. Anything short of a GBU 57 won't even penetrate the top (and whether a GBU 57 can depends on the details of the dam's internals that I'm not familiar with). The bottom is impenetrable for... any conventional explosive weapon in existence.

I imagine China would be far more concerned with Taiwan blockading basically the entire coastline by virtue of its location alone.

Blowing up the three gorges dam is a meme.
1719228351596.png

Time for these guys to come out of retirement.
The squadron's wing commander, Guy Gibson, is based. Just look up his dog's name.

Faceless Waifu

look at this cute emm I generated
Early Adopter

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Early Adopter

USS IOWA

Well If we are going to be off topic today, You say that China has a lot of steel so does the U.S. but the difference is that the U.S. has been fighting foreign wars for over 100 years with them being mostly unscathe, sans Political scars. China has never won a war against a foreign power, WW2? They hold out until the U.S. dropped two atom bombs on Japan and the Soviet Union invaded Manchura, in which the Soviet Union gave it to them, Korea? stalemate, Their skirmish with the Soviet Union? Status quo with no border changes, Vietnam? Got their asses handed to them and as a bonus Vietnam became closer to the U.S. as a result. The U.S. has been learning what to do when an Ally is at war, They either funnel enough supplies and weapons to their ally till the the opponents logistical situation became so bad that it will eat themselves on the inside, Or if they did get involve militarily they will destroy any Logistical hubs and Military positions and holdout till they surrender. The U.S. might not be good at fighting Guerrillas at the Middle East but fighting large scale armies? They are an ace with that look at Iraq in the 1990s for example.

Faceless Waifu

look at this cute emm I generated
Early Adopter
typical Chinese plastic crap
It is plastic crap, because sadly I am not living in the land where I can get an actual gun.

Cheap plastic airsoft gun like that is the only way to go, at least for props and light airsofting.

Early Adopter
but the difference is that the U.S. has been fighting foreign wars for over 100 years with them being mostly unscathe, sans Political scars. China has never won a war against a foreign power,
looking at the reasons why china lost its wars should make you reconsider your stance of the war worthiness of the United States now. Widespread corruption, drugs, overestimation of their own might, uncontrolled population including minority groups and technological disadvantages have led china to long years of humiliation and subjugation. You got tranny Yamanbas passing fent laced weed to the majors, while bradleys get stuck in shrubbery and leopards stop working cause of fog as the news tell about your superiority over everyone else.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
>ITT right now: China sperging
US bros we've already lost, here's proof.

USS IOWA

looking at the reasons why china lost its wars should make you reconsider your stance of the war worthiness of the United States now. Widespread corruption, drugs, overestimation of their own might, uncontrolled population including minority groups and technological disadvantages have led china to long years of humiliation and subjugation. You got tranny Yamanbas passing fent laced weed to the majors, while bradleys get stuck in shrubbery and leopards stop working cause of fog as the news tell about your superiority over everyone else.
Yeah the U.S. has corruption but you won't see Tampons and pads as substitute for Bandages on an average medic's bag, the armored vehicles stuck waiting on depirs waiting for replacement parts, Or the F-35 not manufactured on the hundreds. And an more populations is a boon to the military cause there's more to recruit or to conscript. And you think the U.S. has a disadvantage on technology, The home of the PATRIOT, AEGIS, F22, and the F-35? Not including the hundreds of spy satellites, thousands of drones, And DARPA and Silicone Valley on U.S. shores? But on the drugs though, It is a problem but most of the effects has been on the domestic side with soldiers coming home from the Middle East after they got addicted to Coccaine and Opium that they both locally on Afghanistan, Militarily though I don't have much research on that topic.

But the last thing I will say though is that I don't have much faith that China succesfully invade Taiwan. Five reasons
1. Their corruption is so bad that it hampered military effectiveness, I still recall their bullets keyholing and they have no body armor,
2. Taiwan has become a fortress Islands with interlocking air defenses, interconnected bunkers, and a well equipped military,
3. They are outnumbered on the SCS with the U.S., Japan, and Australia commited to protecting Taiwan, and does not include South Korea, Vietnam, The Philippines, and Indonesia if they want to join or not.
4. Offensive wars are often Political time bombs for the ruling party especially authoritarian ones, Their political stability often hinges if the war ended quickly and decisevely of those two are not met the longer the war goes on the more tense the political situation will become.
5. Inexperience in waging a war over the sea, With most of their wars fought on their borders they have not nuch experience on how to replenish supplies iver the sea, And with them being outnumbered, I can see their supply ships being sunk over the course the war.

Last edited:

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Top Bottom