"Do I sound like a guy to you? don't answer that..."Fujikura Uruka

The Offkai 2024 Blacklisting Debacle (and other possible scandals)

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
WHAT THE FUCK'S GOING ON

Incompetence! Sabotage! Take your pick! But never attribute to stupidity what can be readily explained by malice!

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

VSoyBoy

Kirsche got a Meet & Greet.

WTF IS GOING ON?

What is it with that tagline? Yeah they did say that. And you did. Where is the own?

Edit: Also, doesn't that make her whole point that it's "effectively a ban" kinda void?

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Not even being vague at this point

Archive

As with many things in life, I think JonTron sums this whole event up nicely:

>tfw you fuck up so badly someone who was publicly fired from a company publicly stands up FOR that company against you
>mfw
chris-evans-laugh.gif

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Not even being vague at this point

Archive

As with many things in life, I think JonTron sums this whole event up nicely:

We have now somehow looped around to Nano sympathizing with the Fish.
:pikaWUT:

Salado

Sven

At this point malice or incompetency is becoming an irrelevant detail. This is looking like a bigger mess then last year which was already no small mess but was forgiven as the growth in the cons size from year 1 to 2 was massive so them underestimating what they could do was forgivable somewhat (Airi still did nothing wrong) but to go into year 3 and have not only not fixed any of the problems year 2 showed but to look like from the outside at least to be doing decidedly worse.

This ain't Dashcon yet but dear god, give it another year or 2 at this rate of decline.

Jackie Forests

Not a Real Artist
>tfw you fuck up so badly someone who was publicly fired from a company publicly stands up FOR that company against you
>mfw
I wanted to say this too. If she’s defending PC at this point, Offkai is not coming back from this one. They’re quickly losing trust of a lot of big names behind the scenes I’m betting. Even if they revert it, trust is hard to build up again.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
What is it with that tagline? Yeah they did say that. And you did. Where is the own?

Edit: Also, doesn't that make her whole point that it's "effectively a ban" kinda void?

She's not supposed to be there. This is her highlighting how powerless the woke filth really are and why you should never kowtow to them or let them dictate what you do, even when they try to stop you. It's a fantastic own, and there's nothing they can do about it.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Convention volunteers unironically dilating AS WE SPEAK.

Atlas

This isn't an official thing so how does it make her Point void

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
looking forward to hear how Kirsche being there is more heckin’ problematic than the tech and organizational issues

how could phase connect do this to Offkai

VSoyBoy

She's not supposed to be there. This is her highlighting how powerless the woke filth really are and why you should never kowtow to them or let them dictate what you do, even when they try to stop you. It's a fantastic own, and there's nothing they can do about it.
They said she could be there. Whether you believed it or not, their official position was always that she can't do the panel and that's it, right?
This isn't an official thing so how does it make her Point void
Is she banned? If she's there it doesn't look like it.

Salado

looking forward to hear how Kirsche being there is more heckin’ problematic than the tech and organizational issues

how could phase connect do this to Offkai
And in femboy month no less! Unforgivable...

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
They said she could be there. Whether you believed it or not, their official position was always that she can't do the panel and that's it, right?

Are you being intentionally obtuse? She was banned from making an official appearance, but not banned from visiting as a con-goer.
As a con-goer, she can make whatever little meet up she wants.

Atlas

Are you like retarded or something? This wasn't done by offkai she was not supposed to be there

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Yuri come back when?

e:
View attachment 70923

Knowing Dizzy she volunteered to sacrifice her timeslot. I hope she's doing okay.

Muyu set up a little AR type event for Mini Moo's in Phases area of the con with some stickers that when found will link you to a special digital prize. I'm assuming Phase staff set that up otherwise I wouldn't put it past offkai staff to fuck up putting up stickers.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

Your choice of username is the only intelligent decision you have ever made.

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Honestly I have no damn idea what is going on with this shitshow at this point. Kirsche isn't banned per se, so there's nothing technically stopping her from having a meetup there, but there never really was in the first place. I mean what would you even do if a v-tuber set up an "unofficial" meet and greet at a convention while not physically present? Does security show up and unplug the monitor? That sounds like a good way to start a fucking riot if you unplug someone's oshi in front of them. For that matter, what's to stop a v-tuber from setting up a meet and greet in the cafe just down the street from the convention center by slipping 500 bucks to the cafe's day shift manager?

It's just... it's so stupid. Obviously this was never something that had active thought put into it in the first place, but somehow the retardation is exponentially increasing.

Top Bottom