"Out of all the things that filter people, if it's not my voice that filters you, if it's not my personality that filters you, if it's my regurgitation that filters you? that makes me happy!"Fujikura Uruka

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Banned Vtuber Memes actually posting something that isn't groan inducing.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Banned Vtuber Memes actually posting something that isn't groan inducing.

No, that is pretty groan inducing. All that guy does is repost shit from /vt/ as if he were on a real message board.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
No, that is pretty groan inducing. All that guy does is repost shit from /vt/ as if he were on a real message board.
Well, at least it's better than his usual Mori bad, Gura doesn't stream, mediocre Pippa meme, cunnypost rotation he's usually on.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I think we're quickly learning Niji's approach that works in JP doesn't quite work in The EN sphere.

Hiring exclusively established content creators? In the west that means egomaniacs and drama magnets.

Hiring shitloads of them, wave after wave? The pool of talents may be bigger but you have a less tightly knit group of people ready to stab each other in the back and gossip about each other. Why? See above.

And when any of this happens they have the school of sharks that is the psychotic k-pop stan fan base they've cultivated ready to make everything worse.

I don't want to tribalfag but GG Niji Jesus Christ.

It sucks because Niji does have some awesome talents over there, but the longer Niji EN goes with it's expansion the worse it gets.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Welp can't say I'm surprised tho the list of reasons sounds pretty hypocritical to me I subbed to her pl YouTube channel at Sayu Okami and look forward to her uploading there

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
She could be a perfect angel and she's probably screwed out of this career for life. Any possible hiring managers have to assume that at least half of what's on that massive list is true, even if some of it is just dumb (the first item in the list is playing unapproved music? Who cares.) Maybe she pull enough of an indie audience to make a living, but otherwise it's back to the wagie mines for her.
Some of these accusations could be pretty serious, but a lot of them are just complete non-issues in reality outside of the specific controlling idol-style Corpo niche. If she manages to convert the exposure into a solid indie fanbase then I can totally see some other (more relaxed) company picking her up. So long as the money's there and assuming she's still interested which, hey, I totally get it if she's not after being hit on the ass by Niji's revolving door.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Looking through some of the twitter tags relating to this, #xsoleil, #nijisanji, #zaion, etc., and it's, uhhhh, wew, to say the least. I'd post the negative comments, but I think finding some positive ones would genuinely be more impressive. I don't think I've ever seen people go this hard, and celebrating this much over someone graduating. Not Yugo, not Rushia after the entire story got out. I guess this is the community NijiEN fostered.

implying twitter users actually watch any of the talents and are not just "celebrating" their "victory" over the "zaionist"
I know you're joking, but it's mostly alphabet soups calling her problematic, and people who type like your average wigger zoomers.

edit2:

Take a gander at the comments, even on the wiki, this shit is wild. Mano fucking Aloe's comment section is almost entirely positive somehow, HITOMI CHRIS' IS MORE POSITIVE, and this girl is getting this much shit even though there's nothing concrete out there about what she really did.

If I didn't know any better, I'd assume there were gayops happening against this girl or something, because this is so over the top compared to the circumstances of her termination. I know this is the grave they chose, but I really hope the nijis can actually wrangle their viewerbase, because imagine what would happen if one of them got terminated for something actually heinous?

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Looking through some of the twitter tags relating to this, #xsoleil, #nijisanji, #zaion, etc., and it's, uhhhh, wew, to say the least. I'd post the negative comments, but I think finding some positive ones would genuinely be more impressive. I don't think I've ever seen people go this hard, and celebrating this much over someone graduating. Not Yugo, not Rushia after the entire story got out. I guess this is the community NijiEN fostered.
implying twitter users actually watch any of the talents and are not just "celebrating" their "victory" over the "zaionist"

UberSoldat

My two cents on the termination:

I'm actually on Niji's side on this one if what her colleagues are saying is true. You don't get hired by a company only to be difficult to work with and expect not to face consequences. If she wants to get into serious legal trouble by leaking confidential information, that reflects her character. As others have said before, she threw away a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that many around the world would die for.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'm largely the same i'm sure theres more to it but unless everyone is lying it seems she was just difficult to work with in general definite grounds for firing.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Take a gander at the comments, even on the wiki, this shit is wild. Mano fucking Aloe's comment section is almost entirely positive somehow, HITOMI CHRIS' IS MORE POSITIVE, and this girl is getting this much shit even though there's nothing concrete out there about what she really did.

If I didn't know any better, I'd assume there were gayops happening against this girl or something, because this is so over the top compared to the circumstances of her termination. I know this is the grave they chose, but I really hope the nijis can actually wrangle their viewerbase, because imagine what would happen if one of them got terminated for something actually heinous?

I think that since a joke about rape was a part of this, the Twitter freaks are all trying to show each other how much more angry than everyone else they are.

sneed

World-famous performance artist Notorious S.E.A.
I guess this is the community NijiEN fostered.
I don't know how anyone who follows vtubers can hold this belief in sincerity. To claim that twitter troons are the 'true' Niji community is comparable to all Hololive fans being Henri-tier schizophrenic seaYamanbas (as opposed to only a very small very loud minority).
If what the others said was true, the rape joke literally did not matter.
Unconditionally believing numbermonkey lies is absurd.

Faceless Waifu

look at this cute emm I generated
Early Adopter
Honestly, I don't really trust the sudden increase of people deciding that Zaion is the new target to hate in twitter sphere or the fandom comment sections. It could be just people who don't know shit or tourists that only took shit at face value. Calling them Nijifans is not right way to go, just like what sneed said above me.

Let's just wait till Zaion's PL/Sayu decided to tell her side of the story, and see whether this sudden hate is right or not. No need to jump into conclusions.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
My two cents on the termination:

I'm actually on Niji's side on this one if what her colleagues are saying is true. You don't get hired by a company only to be difficult to work with and expect not to face consequences. If she wants to get into serious legal trouble by leaking confidential information, that reflects her character. As others have said before, she threw away a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that many around the world would die for.
Quoting this, because I want to contrast it versus another post from the main thread.
- My speculation: Management jumped down Zaion's throat for something they should have let go, e.g. dark jokes. Zaion looked at other people doing the same thing and seethed about it, then doubled down on stuff she should not have, e.g. running her mouth on stream about fighting with management over her old accounts. Then things spiralled. You can swap whoever started it.
As well as this point:
Okay so interestingly, I just watched one of her streams in the bg all the way through (genshin alhaitham pull stream if you need the car fax). This was streamed approximately 3 weeks ago and she constantly repeated how she's "the trouble child" and how often she "gets in trouble." She spoke very warmly about her genmates and several other senpai (Iluna being the ones to have helped her the most). I'm starting to think the management rrat I had isn't so far-fetched here....
Also can confirm, she says she did not know about the ban on using older accounts and that no one told her before she was forced to scrub her streams. She brought up something about "being able to EVENTUALLY use her older accounts" but idk what she meant by this?
It does seem like she's got a bone to pick with management and isn't afraid to air out her dirty laundry lmfao
(Kinda based but I see where the bullet points are coming into play)
I think in order to be fair we need to be just as charitable to Zaion as we are to Niji/her genmates. And if we are, we see an immediate contradiction which is Zaion saying "I got in trouble for rules that were not clearly laid out."

I think the entirety of this case is going to come down to the expectations that were set pre-debut. As an example, let's assume this scenario. Sayu/Zaion has been completely unabashed in talking about her dark sense of humor. Based on what we've seen, I can't imagine a scenario where she didn't go in saying "This is my sense of humor, will this be a dealbreaker?".

I see two possible scenarios:
  1. Niji knew what her sense of humor was like, but told her she had to clean up her act in order to act as one of their employees. Zaion agreed, then didn't clean up. This started the rule breaking spree and resulted in her being rightfully terminated.
  2. Niji said "Your sense of humor is okay, no worries" and gave her the green light. This would mainly fall on them not doing their due diligence. I would assume before totally finalizing a streamer, someone would go back and review some old material to make sure they weren't lying to you in their interview. Someone reviewing VODS will be much cheaper than whatever the hell got flushed with their investment in Zaion.
I expect it's going to come down to something like that. Was Zaion a hard headed idiot? Or was Niji a typical Japanese Corpo working with a foreign worker and when 'expectations weren't met', went Total Retard War on her despite the optics problem it created.

As of right now, my personal inclination is until we hear from Zaion we can't fully judge. But my gut is leaning towards scenario #2 just simply that's how retarded most Japanese Corporations act. Time and time again I've seen too many of their companies act like that when dealing with foreign workers.

I await her streams to see how she'll react afterwards. And I look forward to seeing if the rrat of her having a Discord log dump is legit or not.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
My only question is: why does everyone care so much about Niji #2458284 graduating? There's like 20something others you can watch.

Piarro

Early Adopter
My only question is: why does everyone care so much about Niji #2458284 graduating? There's like 20something others you can watch.
There was barely ever a single post about this one before she got suspended. We need holoEN drama so bad

SandyCat

Frog enjoyer
There's like 20something others you can watch.
I thought that number was much higher. Granted I don't know much about niji but it feels like they're debuting someone new every week

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
General Consensus seems to be 1: Good Model (im not sure why this matters) 2:Humor (Very subjective you might like her style and say bounce off someone else who makes the same joke) 3: That Graduations are events and so naturally draw eyes 4: the potential Yab 5: theres not much else going on right now outside of semi normal collabs

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I thought that number was much higher. Granted I don't know much about niji but it feels like they're debuting someone new every week
I will not stand for this slander and baseless accusations!
Nijisanji was founded in February 2018, and as of March 2022, had 209 active members. That is 220 weeks, and only 209 active* livers! That comes out to only .95 debuts per week, FAR from your malicious statement of one every week!
*I'm not bothering to go through graduations or current numbers, but it might actually be more than one per week, I don't frickin care I don't watch any of them.

Top Bottom