"I really thought you said each version of pokemon game has 'exclusive moms' not exclusive mons"IRyS

Vidya Games Thread

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Fuck yes. They finally announced the release date for the Tomba remake! Only a month and a half left!

Now I just need Dragon Quest III HD-2D.
Edit: Oh, damn. Looks like the reason it's taking so long might be because they're doing the whole trilogy.

I had this one (Tomba!) for the PS1 and then later rebought it on the PS Vita.

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
I wish FTL had been a little bit more... expansive, I guess? Yeah it's randomly generated but after a few runs most stuff will start to play out the same. I also don't really like the ending fight with the Flagship very much.

That game feels like stage 1 of a much bigger game, but you just never get to pay stage 2. Too bad too, I actually like the core gameplay and setting quite a bit.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
I wish FTL had been a little bit more... expansive, I guess? Yeah it's randomly generated but after a few runs most stuff will start to play out the same. I also don't really like the ending fight with the Flagship very much.

That game feels like stage 1 of a much bigger game, but you just never get to pay stage 2. Too bad too, I actually like the core gameplay and setting quite a bit.
FTL's a game that really benefits from being used as a mod platform rather than being played vanilla. The base stuff just feels like an introduction by comparison.

chihirogumi

I'm sure some of you know this guy by now, but gonna shill him for the ignorant because Steve is an actual useful journalist unlike 98% of the freaks and losers that occupy the games/technology journo sphere. I personally doubt Asus will change their ways since they've been scummy for decades, but I love the way he holds their feet to the fire so who knows.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Finally got around to playing Talos Principle and beat the game. Fantastic puzzle game but some of those stars were absolutely bullshit.
The Messenger ending is actually pretty shitty in the grand scope of the story. The Gate ending is obviously shit because you did the least amount of work and you effectively failed to become independent. The Messenger is suppose to be the "best" ending because it requires doing everything but it falls into the same issue as the Gate ending. Meanwhile the Tower ending actually feels like you succeeding as it was the point of the game. There's no reason to become the Messenger and guide others along because once one person achieves the Tower ending, the simulation ends. Not to mention that whole puzzle section at the end with Shepherd helping you while Samsara trying to sabotage you feels far more impactful like the culmination of everything you worked towards.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Finally got around to playing Talos Principle and beat the game. Fantastic puzzle game but some of those stars were absolutely bullshit.
The Messenger ending is actually pretty shitty in the grand scope of the story. The Gate ending is obviously shit because you did the least amount of work and you effectively failed to become independent. The Messenger is suppose to be the "best" ending because it requires doing everything but it falls into the same issue as the Gate ending. Meanwhile the Tower ending actually feels like you succeeding as it was the point of the game. There's no reason to become the Messenger and guide others along because once one person achieves the Tower ending, the simulation ends. Not to mention that whole puzzle section at the end with Shepherd helping you while Samsara trying to sabotage you feels far more impactful like the culmination of everything you worked towards.
It's one of my favorite games. The first one anyway, the second one got a little lost in the sauce for me. There is also an absurd amount of easter eggs and secrets in the first game.

UberSoldat

Talos is a wonderful little game, something you'd never expect from the devs of Serious Sam.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Posting this here because the backup obviously didn't catch it.

Probably the last Direct for the Switch. I doubt there's going to be a lot of heavy-hitting announcements. As @reinigen said back in the cloud, I doubt Metroid Prime 4/Anything "big" (mainline Mario/Zelda game) will be showcased but it will still be fun to watch.
I expect the Direct will have more details on Pokemon Legends: ZA because they said that was going to be releasing this year for the Switch iirc. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to delay it for Switch 2.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Posting this here because the backup obviously didn't catch it.

Probably the last Direct for the Switch. I doubt there's going to be a lot of heavy-hitting announcements. As @reinigen said back in the cloud, I doubt Metroid Prime 4/Anything "big" (mainline Mario/Zelda game) will be showcased but it will still be fun to watch.
I expect the Direct will have more details on Pokemon Legends: ZA because they said that was going to be releasing this year for the Switch iirc. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to delay it for Switch 2.

Funny enough, after I typed that a guy who is apparently a semi-reliable leaker put out a potential 2D zelda game announcement leak.

1718676251407.png
1718676315930.png

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Funny enough, after I typed that a guy who is apparently a semi-reliable leaker put out a potential 2D zelda game announcement leak.

View attachment 71849
View attachment 71850
Huh. I've heard of this dude from back in the day with relation to Smash Bros leaks & Speculation. I'd be really surprised with a Prime 4 announcement this late into the console's lifespan but I guess if the Switch 2 has backwards compatibility (which most rumors seem to suggest so) it'd make sense to release a few solid titles before the console is out to give it a library it can still pull from while people wait for Mario/Zelda/Pokemon gen10/etc.

New 2D Zelda would be pretty great though. We only ever got the remake of Link's Awakening and then fucking nothing while Nintendo went all in for TotK.

Bronze

Paradox cancelled their Sims-like game. I was interested in this one

God's Strongest Dragoon

Paradox cancelled their Sims-like game. I was interested in this one

I was looking forward to Paradox eating another industry leader's cake again like they did with Cities Skyline to SimCity but considering the state of Paradox, it was probably for the best.

UberSoldat

I was looking forward to Paradox eating another industry leader's cake again like they did with Cities Skyline to SimCity but considering the state of Paradox, it was probably for the best.
I posted a list of Paradox Ls a while ago, add this one to the pile. What is even happening at this company? Genuinely curious

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I posted a list of Paradox Ls a while ago, add this one to the pile. What is even happening at this company? Genuinely curious
Looks like a 2 major upper organization reshuffles from 2018 to now, with a former CEO coming back in late 2021. That along with likely overexpansion during COVID. Everyone in Gaming tried to expand and (likely) highly overleveraged themselves. I'm starting to form a fairly strong view that much of the layoffs & cancelations we're seeing is because of debt servicing. That explains a lot more of the decisions that have been going on, along with the issues with DEI stuff. Super cheap debt likely came with other strings attached, over time.

Bronze

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Eimi Isami, don't look

("The Hundred Line: Last Defense Academy" was announced from the Danganronpa team, which looks to be an SRPG in the style of Danganronpa)

Last edited:

VSoyBoy

A lot better than it had to be for the last year of the switch. Genuinely quite happy with the direct.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Metroid Prime 4 is finally here. I think it is likely that Prime 4 is probably going to be a launch title for their successor console while also being released on Switch.

VSoyBoy

Metroid Prime 4 is finally here. I think it is likely that Prime 4 is probably going to be a launch title for their successor console while also being released on Switch.
It looks to me like they really did use the Prime 1 Remaster as a sort of test run. This has a lot of the same vibes as the remaster.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Never in a million years i would've expected Phantom Brave to receive a sequel.

Top Bottom