"Astagfirullah jesus christ, may the buddha give you the blessing"Moona Hoshinova

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Arznbae

wtf is happening

smartestkidontheshortbus

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Can we go back to talking and complaining about vtubers guys
Also today happens to be the last day for vcr gta server, hoping for another community event like this again in the future because it has been real fun watching various POVs

edit: suichan singing for those who didn't got their expo/fes tickets :sanasmile:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
This is tangentially related tl what nenelove posted above, so I won't quote or tag them.

I've been on the Phase train since they were first shilled in the homeland, and I've felt that feeling of "I wish they'd stop growing" twice, once with pippa and once more with another talent.
The VTA ads +Euphoria debuts might be the catalyst for another spurt of growth. And Im honestly kinda torn about it.

I've rewritten this paragraph 3 times. I know the girls also wanna chase that high of Idol-like success and big numbers (like fishman does). But, I know this is selfish from my part, I feel that kind of growth is overrated. Maybe I'm wrong, and they will get relegated to obscurity by new competitors if they don't pursue constant growth.
Growth isn't hugely necessary for individual streamers as long as they're bringing in enough cash to pay the bills, but a company looking to invest in more and more ambitious projects needs to pull in extra revenue from somewhere.

Phase has benefitted from a fairly tight-knit community where you'll see the same names popping up in all the girls' chats, which has worked for them up until now, but adding new talents in this environment is only sustainable for so long. Overlap is always going to be a problem with live entertainment so the only thing they can do to avoid the girls' cannibalising each others' numbers is to diversify the newer talent pool to attract new blood to the fanbase - there's no point bringing in new unhinged chaotic girls to appeal to the Pippa and Lia crowd, because those people are already watching Pippa and Lia. I think Fishfag knows this which is why he actually bothered marketing the debuts this time, and after checking out the Gen 3 girls it feels like they do mostly have a different appeal to the streamers in previous generations.

The concern that comes with this kind of growth is the effect it'll have on the company culture. The Gen 3 talents will take time to find their feet and the audience that stick around for them will depend on the particular direction they go in, so it's too early to know exactly what to expect really. If anything Phase's existing reputation is a good filter for potential troublemakers so I'm not too worried about censorship becoming a necessity, it just comes down to whether the fish (or Xalabussy) decide to be retarded again or not.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
Last edited:

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
Not-Lorelai will be re-debuting later tonight on the former(?) Lorelai Loch channel.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
You know, he can use this as a convenient excuse to moderate the forum, and escape from caring the child? :smugselen:
My child is adorable and you fucks will always come second to her, sorry. :annoyedpippa:
Aside for sadgirl, has Euphoria shown any sign of edginess? Willingness to curse? Indulge in degenerate or outlandish topics? That's the kind of stuff I have fun watching in PC. I haven't paid attention to them after the debuts admittedly so I don't know how much they want to push the envelope. They haven't drawn me in as much as Phase Invaders Wave 2. Jelly and Dizzy are just too entertaining

As phase talents? I don't think so. I just watch muyu for now and she doesn't strike me as too edgy.
But IMHO, her singing "it's hip to be square" right after it was posted here is a clear dog whistle.

Maybe someone that follows her from before can share their opinion.
It's literally week one. Gotta give them some time to crack. Hell, Shiina didn't go full mask off til after the year mark. The only talent I've seen be basically the exact same right out the gate is Airi.
We've already been through all this and come out the other side already. Does no one here really remember what happened mid-late 2022 when Sakana REALLY pushed to clean up Phase's image? When he banned '4chan' lingo from chat/Discord and mods would explode you for using terms like 'kino' or 'based', made other dumb rules like telling Lumi she wasn't allowed to wear her autism/female hat anymore and then made Pippa into a containment zone for all that kind of behavior who would be allowed to operate under her own rule set? It was a really shit time and fans were not impressed. Pippa ended up feeling totally ostracized from everyone causing her to have multiple break down streams where she touched on killing herself.
Obviously there was some kind of intervention because the rules were soon largely relaxed again and everyone must have come to some kind of agreement on the direction they wanted the company to head in. Content 'yab' levels have remained about the same ever since with one of the few stipulations clearly being to just stay out of politics.

I really don't see Sakana being so heavy handed again, I think everyone's realized by this point they have a good thing going and there's little point in fucking with it. Heck, even Shiina was on stream yesterday musing essentially about how Phase's success over the last year has come from not following in the footsteps of Hololive, and about how on debut Gen 2 was told to act 'idol' like and not cause problems but now they are largely unrestrained and can do/say almost whatever they want.
I TOO remember the World's Saddest Minecraft Stream. Dark times.:ameraintear:
What if we make you a janny

Pls spare me such a horrid fate...

Bronze

There's an update that turns vtubers into my sleep paralysis demons. Idk if this is intentional or a glitch but saw vtubers trying it on twitter

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
My child is adorable and you fucks will always come second to her, sorry. :annoyedpippa:
You better raise her hinged so she doesn't become a VTuber.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

smartestkidontheshortbus

I thought this discord was created so you guys could groom vtubers, not the other way around. Tsk tsk
If the chuba can groom you; you have failed as a man.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I used to be a huge Phase fan ( still am, but I mean moreso in regards to wanting to go corporate ) and it was my dream corpo because it felt so cool to see a company who let western talents join and be themselves. Once I started gaming with Fishman and learning from the mods n' stuff in the early PC day voice calls, it became clear that Fish never wanted that kinda culture. He's been trying to wrangle everyone, but he should just fucking chill out and see he has something that works and be grateful for it. Not to mention when I was in the final selection for gen 2 the shit they told me.
Fish still wants to hold on to his "I want to make my company into Hololive" dream but all signs of their success point towards their appeal being very different and that's why people gravitate towards them. Hell, to me it feels like he still doesn't get that and its been the talents and the community pushing back that has kept him at bay.

Doesn't surprise me that fish isn't pleased with the culture Phase has. He seems like a stick in the mud. I wouldn't suggest speaking too much in case you want to go corporate again.

So, you had the potential to be another cash cow? The second half is funny though. The last part also explains Kirsche not being in Phase.
I don't think her being similar to another vtuber would automatically make her a cash cow. I doubt Fishman wants to add people who would directly compete with Pippa.

dick move not gonna lie but he has said that they look for specific people, this new gen they seem to be going for girls who can stick to lore. Purin seems to be the one going hard on that shit, wonder if she'll stick to that. I kinda fear that phase is gonna start to morph into hololive from now on and I would honestly hate it.

never underestimate greed, if my nigga fishman manages to get enough retarded normies to coast on he will burn the old fanbase in a heartbeat. Once the normies reach a critical mass you don't really have to do much because they will eat whatever you give them.

I share the same concern to be honest and I do want them to succeed but as they are not as a holo clone. I believe that they can succeed as they're because there's a void in the market for crazy/edgy vtuber content that isn't vshojo whore tier, time will tell. Pippa moving to commiefornia doesn't give me much hope to be honest.
I think that the fan culture and hell even the talents don't want that. If Fish pushes out the core fanbase it will backfire. As long as he follows Joji's example he should be fine. If he pulls an Iddubz not only will the fans retaliate but I'm sure the talent morale will go to shit.

Don’t all the girls say that all other Phase members are hot? Maybe that’s why…🤔
Yes, according to all of them, they are all somewhat attractive, at least the new ones.

Discord is for Yamanbas.
I agree.

I thought this discord was created so you guys could groom vtubers, not the other way around. Tsk tsk
Im almost 100% sure that the Discord was created because Proctor wanted to hear a bunch of mexicans in Voice Chat for his streams.

Kalion

:)
Thanks to Fubuki voicing the fox chemy in the new Kamen Rider movie, a whole bunch of vtuber fanartist are suddenly drawing Kamen Rider as well. Since two of my favorite things are crossing over I feel obligated to share:

formerly pipkin (Parody)

Might be a little late with the tier list, but I needed to do a lot of research and think about my choices so I could get a proper assessment for where I placed everyone. Hope it makes sense to all of you as I really put a lot of thought into it. Please don't feel bad if I'm not aware of you enough to rank you properly.

> guys I really had to think hard about this sorry if it's a bit late
> all but five in WHO
:kroniibitchclap:

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Shioriha Ruri continuing her Blue Archive adventure.

Last stream she rolled for gacha, got Iori (great character to use) from the first 10pull and Bunny Neru (her main target) from the second. Thirsted for Neru a bit and when the chat went "moshi moshi policeman-san" she asked "Why are you calling the police, I'm the police".
Likes Aru when she shows her lovable dork side. She has good taste.

Vesperbell's Yomi singing at 8PM JST.

She's the cool voice of Vesperbell to the cute Kasuka.

Nayuta's acoustic live is at 9PM JST.

If you're not a member, don't miss this since the stream will be members only after it finishes.

Ishigami Nozomi back for more punishment at Super Mario Bros 3 at 9PM JST. If you like the one-two combo of "This is easy-AAARGH*desk slam*" this is a must see.

The stream thumbnail tells the whole story. Somehow she has the precise ability to bump into enemies when trying to avoid them and miss the enemies while trying to stomp at them.

OH MY GOD THERE'S A VTUBER FOR IT (I'm frickin' losing it.)

:SelenHAHAhere:

Checking the channel she is apparently the VA for Saionji Sekai, Kawaragi Shiho (also Rozen Maiden's Megu).

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
What's with all these vagina-havers interacting with my pure, schizo, inmate boys?

Panko Enjoyer

soap suds

Before NijiFes begins, they're doing this pre-event thing where they'll be interviewing livers, and I think they also plan to show off the venue. This portion will not be archived for some reason.

The free portion of NijiFes will go live a couple of hours after the pre-event.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Top Bottom