"The only thing scary about Shiina is you don't know when she's going to break down"Dizzy Dokuro, one stream before breakdown

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Koronesuki

X-Potato

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I guess they no longer need to send a fax to Cover to tell them that they have permission to use something.

Its Gura, she could've gotten Xcom and Persona 3 perms by wagging her finger or threatening her manager while drunk
It's very unusual for Holos to be able to use mods, but this is probably a special case because the mod is covered by Cover's derivative works policy.

Also interesting that Holos are continuing to play Palworld when Nijisanji is avoiding it and there are reports that TPC has been going around "discouraging" celebrities from engaging with it.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
It's very unusual for Holos to be able to use mods, but this is probably a special case because the mod is covered by Cover's derivative works policy.
Nice sensible logic, but i want to believe Gura called her manager a slant eyed pinko fuck after going through 2/3 of a bottle of Henny and they gave her perms to make her shut up and stream

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter

Also interesting that Holos are continuing to play Palworld when Nijisanji is avoiding it and there are reports that TPC has been going around "discouraging" celebrities from engaging with it.
They just also got the perms for the mod that allows them to play Lethal Company with more than 4 players.

Also isn't Nijisanji like the only vtuber agency that can't stream Palworld for some reason?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
They just also got the perms for the mod that allows them to play Lethal Company with more than 4 players.

Also isn't Nijisanji like the only vtuber agency that can't stream Palworld for some reason?
VSPO seems to stream it fine, so it seems so
Judging by the fact that Niji has pokemon perms i think they dont want to rock the boat and risk nintendo's wrath

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.

Judging by the fact that Niji has pokemon perms i think they dont want to rock the boat and risk nintendo's wrath

What are the odds that the same exclusive perms that you have will be a detriment for ypur company in the future. Granted, Nintendo is so anal and autistic about perms and shit that it should've been a flag for them. Now all the other vtubers and streamers can enjoy the game and benefit the FOTM buff while Niji will settle for other scraps.

I'd be sad if they weren't so incompetent and black, like Will Smith :SelenHAHAhere::SelenHAHAhere::SelenHAHAhere:.

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

Personally I think HoloEN's slower generation rollout is the major difference. HoloEN's slower schedule can make things feel stagnant and stale, especially when multiple talents are MIA for long periods, but it also leads to a lot more hype when a new gen hits.

NijiEN just kept pumping new gens out and kinda hit a fatigue. I was watching and largely enjoying NijiEN stuff in the first half of 2022, and just as I was getting comfortable with all the existing talents (at the time, NijiEN seemed to have a lot of impromptu collabs), NijiEN debuted ILUNA, and that gen did not keep the momentum going from the prior ones. Had ILUNA kept the good momentum going, there probably wouldn't be as much new gen fatigue, but since they kinda faceplanted at the start, it killed the momentum and it never recovered from that point on. Yugo's then Zaion's terminations drove the momentum from stagnant into a downwards direction, and here we are today, where things seemingly keep getting worse.

One could argue that Council's struggles as a gen compared to early Myth and now Advent was essentially Holo's ILUNA where things got stagnant for a while, but Holo rebounded from it, whereas Niji took more hits instead of rebounding, at least for now.
hololive en's universe is so small that even when en3 appears, there are only 15 members。
(en3 About the same level as hololive jp Gen2:Aqua,Shion,Ayame,Choco,Subaru)

The previous criticism of en2 was mainly due to the small size of the team leading to excessive demands on new members.
Of course, partly because old members were so good, new members always tended to be weak in public opinion. But it also shows how close the communities are.

In bilibili, although nijisanji has been active much, much longer than hololive, their fan community is surprisingly much smaller than hololive's, Some unknown or early niji streamers hardly find a corresponding community , mainly because the fans are too scattered to form a scale force, I think.

When I participated in the topic of the forum recently, I gradually found that the market of enVTB may not be as big as I imagined.
If the current market size is doubled, perhaps niji's model will get more opportunities. Of course, erecting high walls like Holo is not necessarily the best option.

frz

In 5 years people will start saying she was handpicking members and participating in auditions. The amount of things that get attributed to her with no proof whatsoever, or even proof saying otherwise just gets bigger and bigger. She notoriously struggled with management shutting down her ideas (as we can see with her current content - for good reasons), yet somehow she willed an entire branch into existence
Nah her acolytes seem to be steadily decreasing as she pisses over all of her legacy, new fans don't know of her and old fags start to dislike her, I think we will look to Coco as just a part of the boom and that's it, the problem is that removing her from center stage leaves us without anyone to really embody the vtuber boom and makes it harder to present as a story, maybe Holo as an entity could be used in the larger context of the industry but I'm sure others will find issue with that too.
New fag here, I dont watch her clips, only observing what people says about her: she's either the worst, most overhyped vtuber or the best one single handedly building Hololive depending on who you ask and there are no inbetween.
That being said, saying that newfans doesnt know about her is only true for EN. Her effects are definitely fell across the JP tubers with how much they loved her.
E.g. Polka dedicated this cover to her and it's actually what turned me into oshi-ing polka from originally an EN watcher. Easily one of the best vtuber covers, I will fight people for it. Better than the original. Sora/Astel also also did a great cover of this but they don't stand a chance.

Or shit like this

I consumed so much media mentioning coco without hearing her talking :dandanl:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Maybe Niji will have the last laugh when Nintendo bans everyone who streamed palworld from streaming the new goyslop pokemans FOTM: Pokemon Penis and Asshole and Niji is the only corpo allowed.
she's either the worst, most overhyped vtuber or the best one single handedly building Hololive depending on who you ask and there are no inbetween.
Christopher Cocolumbus

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
New fag here, I dont watch her clips, only observing what people says about her: she's either the worst, most overhyped vtuber or the best one single handedly building Hololive depending on who you ask and there are no inbetween.
That being said, saying that newfans doesnt know about her is only true for EN. Her effects are definitely fell across the JP tubers with how much they loved her.
E.g. Polka dedicated this cover to her and it's actually what turned me into oshi-ing polka from originally an EN watcher. Easily one of the best vtuber covers, I will fight people for it. Better than the original. Sora/Astel also also did a great cover of this but they don't stand a chance.

Or shit like this

I consumed so much media mentioning coco without hearing her talking :dandanl:

Kson also still is pretty active with the indie JP scene, ive said it before but while Kson did scale back the scale of what she did Vtuber wise and nothing much came of it in big projects she is still commendable for her work in uplifting randy JP chuubas

She may have not given the ideas for EN but she was a gateway for many and she is still doing her saviourfag shtick for better or worse, but i think mostly for better since so far the only exception is Rushia

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
I guess they no longer need to send a fax to Cover to tell them that they have permission to use something.

"Dear Cover/Goob: yes you have perms to use the mod! There is no need to contact me, but if you want to, my e-mail is poopydoodooboy@proton.me"
He eliminated the part about the Fax Machine :Ame-BOO:

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
hololive en's universe is so small that even when en3 appears, there are only 15 members。
(en3 About the same level as hololive jp Gen2:Aqua,Shion,Ayame,Choco,Subaru)

The previous criticism of en2 was mainly due to the small size of the team leading to excessive demands on new members.
Of course, partly because old members were so good, new members always tended to be weak in public opinion. But it also shows how close the communities are.

In bilibili, although nijisanji has been active much, much longer than hololive, their fan community is surprisingly much smaller than hololive's, Some unknown or early niji streamers hardly find a corresponding community , mainly because the fans are too scattered to form a scale force, I think.

When I participated in the topic of the forum recently, I gradually found that the market of enVTB may not be as big as I imagined.
If the current market size is doubled, perhaps niji's model will get more opportunities. Of course, erecting high walls like Holo is not necessarily the best option.
The main reason why Holo is successful is because YAGOO is steering the ship. He's El Capitan and really loves the people working for his company and the fans. Where can you see a man leaving a market for his people. He didn't even cave when the Chinx were asking for Coco's head in a platter (though I heard some RRAT that a management group were forcing YAGOO to terminate Coco but he still remained firm with his support for the girls). He is also willing to invest for the future, hence the studio upgrade which already paid itself with how successful and profitable Holo was this 2023.

And then, Niji has Riku and Harry.

This reminds me of that Avengers meme about The Hulk.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
New cover by Zephyrianna

Pina playing Lethal Company with other vtubers (half of them I don't know)

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Miori doesn't want to publicly associate with any of them apparently (Ember, etc.).
Any meat to this rrat? Or is this just a theory? I ask because there was some talk a few weeks ago about Lumi being burned by someone in the music side of vTubing - by accident apparently - and the only person I could even theorize it potentially being was Miori.
I don't have issues with the act of poaching. I mean when the community starts spamming about it on Twitter. Like, half of what was spammed on Twitter was about Yagoo saving Selen when her whole thing went down. Just annoying shit like that feels tacky and makes the community look retarded.
I do personally think it's fine when kept to places like here and /vt/ or something. But when you have people sending other Maros or something asking "WILL YOU JOIN X GROUP" that shit's over the line. And unfortunately, it's easily exploitable to cause people annoyance because...
I get that, I don't have an issue with the discussion of "what if". It just just gets obnoxious when every discussion devolves mindlessly to "SAVE THEM" spamming. Especially in regards to people like Selen, where joining another VTuber corpo may not even make sense.
I will say be mindful of the people saying it in places where you can look at their post history. I've absolutely seen Phase and vShojo antis on Twitter playing up the "SAVE THEM FISHMAN/GUNRUN!" spam on major announcement posts. But if you drill down into their profile, they hate the group they were shilling. It's become such a meme, and one that annoys people so hard, that it's now something that's easily exploitable by antis to fuck with those said corpos.
Industry standard at this point. Vshojo changed their outlook entirely simply by doing that. Phase grew using that. Idol's best singer got in through that. Too many corpos imploding means there's always worthy ex-corpo talent to consider as well.
vShojo more than anyone else, absolutely. At least Fishman had the decency to only grab people from corpos that have exploded and died. vShojo is basically meeting people at the door to the place they left with a contract ready to go.
Something different than cover? More I learn, worse it gets. :depressedtako:
At least Pomu had some bittersweet conclusion, this is just sad. Hope she really gets out next month.
There was actually a "Announcement" on Selen's schedule that was totally missed thanks to everything exploding.
image.png

This article came out yesterday. tl;dr is the Pokemon company might be flexing behind the scenes that if JP talent mention Palworld it might 'hurt' their Pokemon prospects in the future. It wouldn't surprise me if Nijisanji was operating from the same principle.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Clara of Phase Connect did her first karaoke stream to an audience of over 1K viewers. She absolutely deserved that level of attention, she is an amazing singer, does a variety of genres including english and japanese pop, rock, and even some classical stuff. If you like your anime girls to be able to sing, definitely give Clara a go.

Here's a link to listen to her karaoke, I've even timestamped it to get straight to the meat of things:

Limkin

iirc they can, as in they do have permissions as a company. But the company itself doesn't let the livers stream the game, at least this is what I got from that screenshot from Victoria. Niji is nintendo's cocksleeve, I am not even remotely surprised. Others have to stream games only at allowed time frame to hype the release and can not play the games after at any point. Niji can pick up any nintendo game and just play it as they wish. When Hololive was busy getting buttfucked by Nintendo many years ago, Nijisanji was the one who reached out to Nintendo first to enter into a mutual agreement and to define terms and conditions to stream their games. It was extremely stupid of Holo to just wing it and ignore it and they ate consequences at the fullest. Having to skip on one fotm game to retain good grace with the company is maybe the only smart thing Niji did in the last year

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
The main reason why Holo is successful is because YAGOO is steering the ship. He's El Capitan and really loves the people working for his company and the fans. Where can you see a man leaving a market for his people. He didn't even cave when the Chinx were asking for Coco's head in a platter (though I heard some RRAT that a management group were forcing YAGOO to terminate Coco but he still remained firm with his support for the girls). He is also willing to invest for the future, hence the studio upgrade which already paid itself with how successful and profitable Holo was this 2023.

And then, Niji has Riku and Harry.

This reminds me of that Avengers meme about The Hulk.
I think one can gauge how behind the scenes people are by how some succesful corpo talent speak about their managers or CEOs, Hololive talents mostly praise yagoo and it was a known meme to have him shill merch, some Idol talents like Rin constantly post about fucking around with Aviel and to his credit he does sometimes respond publicly.

I know people are tired of the Phase Fellating but they are a corpo whose talent has been suprisingly transparent with viewers on how they interact with management, from Dizzy giving some outlooks on how she did things before becoming Talent to people like Uruka and Lia sticking up for Fishman when speaking seriously on things.
Even the bad from the early days, (although, some of that "bad" showed some 20/20 foresight like the Rekeita collab) again, switching to praise when they shoved in female managers who knew how to handle menhera to an extent

I know NijiEN livers have mentioned Riku but so far it always seems kinda forced and following in Yagoo's steps, although i do seem to recall some EN talents throwing some positive comments about him, mostly when they saw the minercraft drawing, if im not mistaken, so maybe im just missing that piece of the puzzle

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Chiaki is doing a 12h Birthday stream.

1706980594906319.png

Last edited:

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Top Bottom