"I don't want to be a dog, but when I talk I sound like an animal"Enna Alouette (speaking Mandarin)

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Chio's FAFO'ing

WITH SOURED MILK YOU MAKE CEPERS AND PANCAKES YOU STOOOOBID BITCH!!! CEPERS AND PANCAKES!!!
Half the time when a vtubing company collapses, you've never heard of it because it didn't spend enough money advertising. Hell, McDonalds spends hundreds of millions of dollars each year on advertising, and everyone knows what a Big Mac is.

Advertising is something pretty much every corpo should be doing, regardless of size. The real question is how much money they should spend and what are the most effective ways to spend that money.
What was the vtuber corpo bodycount? Something like ~30 operational, >80 dead? And i can recall maybe a handful of dead and two handfuls of alive ones. Maybe another handful of dead, but without names.
Why was she at offkai irl and admits it? Doesn't that go against Holo keeping kayfabe rules? Isn't offkai like the most dangerous place for getting recognized in the universe? Knowing a lot of channers and doxfags went and they all know how she looks? I get why Vshojo does it and shit but a Holo? Are the managers the ones who got drunk?
The biggest question is: HOW THE FUCK DID NOBODY RECOGNIZE HER?!?

I had to read the name several times to confirm you weren't talking about some indie tbh.
Chill. Even just by voice, look at Bao chuuba and IRL streams, it's distinctly different tone and mannerisms even when she's alone with camera. And manareism will differ more without camera and with unfamilar people. If you don't know beforehand you will doubt this is the same person, especially from very short interaction.
Still, chuubas are getting recognized at the cons ALL THE TIME, mostly by vendors. Free merch. Yet we somehow don't see wholesale facedoxing after each con.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Chill. Even just by voice, look at Bao chuuba and IRL streams, it's distinctly different tone and mannerisms even when she's alone with camera. And manareism will differ more without camera and with unfamilar people. If you don't know beforehand you will doubt this is the same person, especially from very short interaction.
Still, chuubas are getting recognized at the cons ALL THE TIME, mostly by vendors. Free merch. Yet we somehow don't see wholesale facedoxing after each con.
Bao is a whore regardless :selenpointandlaugh: I'd recognize her with my whoredar.

niggaphil

Chill. Even just by voice, look at Bao chuuba and IRL streams, it's distinctly different tone and mannerisms even when she's alone with camera.
Agree. No one actively look for Fat Chick in convention :dokiSmug:

Postal rrat

chinshilla
Ten minutes until we launch a chinchilla into space be here for this historic moment

Bronze

Mion Akuma is graduating from AuroraLiveVR on 15th of June. She will keep her socials, but has to rebrand as she doesn't own the IP. Interesting that they offered her the name.
mion-akuma-portrait-66.jpg

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
That is my guess, too. Group announcements on the main channel like this usually are a pretty big deal.
AMOGUS COLLAB LETSGO :calidrinking::gunpeko:

niggaphil

GayKusa

Early Adopter
Better yet why not bang a cosplayer cosplaying as your own Vtuber avatar?
:wawaspazzing:

Kiara once dreamed that she was at a pool party with a bunch of Kiara cosplayers and that the dream just went from there

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Same :depressedtako:

24240.png

In lighter news, Botan is getting a new outfit in 2 days! Looks like some sort of dress.

Random_Cultist2:ElectricBoog

Semi-nominal Lurker
I don't think your wrong but the immediate counter example in the US at least would be Arizona ice tea they spend almost nothing on advertising (They have a social media account and nothing else, even then that's recent) and they are one of the biggest ice tea brands in the US. I suppose I just wonder why it is they seem to be able to easily keep up with their competitors if advertising is vital.
Large cans, eye-catching designs, and cheap to buy.

GayKusa

Early Adopter
Some notes from Kronii's Just Chatting Going Undercover #shorts stream
-she was at offkai (no shit,) when she got there she met some holo managers, she wore a dress, she met a lot of friends, went to the pier.

-someone made some kronii "but why" ribbons, she saw the artist alleys, she didn't do much because she was with her group of friends, she met a friend that's in the military, saw some seals and saw Alcatraz from afar, she bought makeup, she went to cheesecake factory, she saw a lot of kronies going by.

-she slept at the airport on her way back, was only stuck there for 4 hours, she didn't buy anything at offkai, she wanted to go to Kaela's meet & greet but she was busy with her friends.

-she started to namefag the kronies she saw, she drank with a group of friends and discovered she's a happy drunk, she had vodka, she threw up.

-she saw a lot of people partying (hopefully she saw the gay pippiger orgies)

-she was sad because it was the last day with that group of friends, she started overcomplimenting people, she's a clingy drunk too, she called someone friendshaped whatever that means (probably fat,) she was so drunk she asked every friend in all of her groups if they would date her kek, she passed out like 2 times.

-she didn't remember anything and then cringed when they told her what she did, she may not be meeting that group of friends again (they probably live in Asia/Europe or may not travel out of their countries often)

-she doesn't recommend drinking (will more than likely keep getting wasted,) she went to an arcade, will probably travel again in a month, she's a social drinker only.

-she has a halu limit for voice packs so she sometimes asks to change the script, they showed her a more than friends less than lovers script and she was shocked by it.

-her manager replies with petplay like sounds/onomatopoeias like meow meow.
I didn't expect Kronii to be that much of a party whore girl dang
My oshi could never

That is my guess, too. Group announcements on the main channel like this usually are a pretty big deal. Plus, Advent would have their 3D by then.
Read several guesses that Connect the World 2 could happen together with AnimeNYC this year but I disagree
As if Hololive would do something on the east coast
Also, it's end of august, and I expect august to be the month where Advent gets their 3D, so that seems a bit too early
But September/October would fit into the timeframe, are there any major US cons at that time?

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Alex did a stream about going to OffKai as both a fan and a smaller streamer. It's pretty adorable to see her fangirling about meeting MariMari and Isa. It sounds like it really motivated her to keep going with her own plans in the future. Give the VOD a watch.

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Shioriha Ruri trying Super Mario Bros at 7PM JST.

Or you can watch 774inc's Hebiyoi Tier continue Shin Megami Tensei 3.

Not much clips of VEE's Kokuyou Lira but here is the dinosaur lover when she started Monster Hunter World (with dual blades).

The English part of yesterday's collab with Gen0+Subaru and Fubuki.

AZKi scored way ahead of everyone, also Miko is a dubfag and Subaru is of course as a subfag.

Bronze

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I didn't expect Kronii to be that much of a party whore girl dang
My oshi could never

Read several guesses that Connect the World 2 could happen together with AnimeNYC this year but I disagree
As if Hololive would do something on the east coast
Also, it's end of august, and I expect august to be the month where Advent gets their 3D, so that seems a bit too early
But September/October would fit into the timeframe, are there any major US cons at that time?
Dreamhack Atlanta is Oct 4-6.. Holo had a Dreamhack concert in Aussieland recently :ameliaThink: But Atlanta would be a very odd city choice for weebs I think so prob not.

God's Strongest Wardog

A Wild Slapnuts Appears!
The English part of yesterday's collab with Gen0+Subaru and Fubuki.

AZKi scored way ahead of everyone, also Miko is a dubfag and Subaru is of course as a subfag.

It's funny Miko likes dubs, considering even people that speak fluent Japanese need subtitles to understand her. :takoesl:

Negzana

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Has Kronii's face even ever leaked? How are people supposed to recognize her if no one knows what she looks like aside from "Asian"?
Allegedly:
Kronii (2).png1717672372078.png

Honestly, if she wears a face mask, which I imagine wouldn't be all too uncommon, I don't think there's any chance for her to be recognized.

Anyway, Watame's Birthday live in less than an hour!

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
Allegedly:
View attachment 71213View attachment 71214

Honestly, if she wears a face mask, which I imagine wouldn't be all too uncommon, I don't think there's any chance for her to be recognized.

Anyway, Watame's Birthday live in less than an hour!

Kronii's not just a basic bitch but a basic ASIAN bitch. No wonder her vtuber model is hot AF.

Gooba's streaming again! WTF, is she really back chumcucks?

Top Bottom