"Some people live most of their whole lives in the closet. I can spend a few more minutes in mine"Aia Amare

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Punkalopi/Enya Ignis just revealed the shorts game she played attracted a shitter audience of children that made her miserable to do anything with her channel because it ruined her community and they were all tourist morons. I know we've supposed this, but she has outright stated it now and confirmed our suspicions.

Some other quotes:
  • "If I do shorts, I risk having that again"
  • "Rin and I shared our grievences over the shorts audience before. We've talked"
  • "I got viewers I liked, but like 90% of it......"
Timestamped - (stream is live as of posting)

I don't doubt it for a second.

This is why I get frustrated a lot of the time when people talk about YouTube/Twitch "metas", because so much of the conversation usually centres strictly around immediate impressions, video views, and livestream CCV counts, rather than long-term sustainability.

Shorts get views, flavour-of-the-month meme game streams get views, goofy faces in the thumbnail get views etc., but it's a short-term boost rather than a long term strategy for success. These "meta" shortcuts almost always attract a lot of kids who have a habit of not reading the room and shitting up the livechat (before getting bored because you're not giving them attention, helping tank your average watch time), rather than people who are genuinely potential long-term fans.

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing
I don't doubt it for a second.

This is why I get frustrated a lot of the time when people talk about YouTube/Twitch "metas", because so much of the conversation usually centres strictly around immediate impressions, video views, and livestream CCV counts, rather than long-term sustainability.

Shorts get views, flavour-of-the-month meme game streams get views, goofy faces in the thumbnail get views etc., but it's a short-term boost rather than a long term strategy for success. These "meta" shortcuts almost always attract a lot of kids who have a habit of not reading the room and shitting up the livechat (before getting bored because you're not giving them attention, helping tank your average watch time), rather than people who are genuinely potential long-term fans.
THE Pipkin Pippa explained that the stupid-faces thumbnails get picked up by the algo itself. It's not meant to appeal to anyone or make randos click. It appeals to Google-Skynet's broken and inept AI and the benefit is unfortunately palpable. It makes jewgle put your videos ahead of others'.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
There are two idols.
"How do you live without nipples"

"eww, they have nipples!"

I need Clara and Kiara, their names even rhyme, to debate nipples. Maybe invite Tenma as the moderator. I think Clara should sell what I assume her preferred male outfit is as merch too
clara.png

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Punkalopi/Enya Ignis just revealed the shorts game she played attracted a shitter audience of children that made her miserable to do anything with her channel because it ruined her community and they were all tourist morons. I know we've supposed this, but she has outright stated it now and confirmed our suspicions.

Some other quotes:
  • "If I do shorts, I risk having that again"
  • "Rin and I shared our grievences over the shorts audience before. We've talked"
  • "I got viewers I liked, but like 90% of it......"
Timestamped - (stream is live as of posting)

I've always felt this when I watched streamers who played the shorts game and those who didn't, great to have confirmation.
Honestly, if you're playing the shorts game for a perk (for example, to reach monetization) then it's fine, just go back to normal later because welcoming shitters will definitely sour the good regulars mood and make them leave. Won't point out but I saw a 3 year regular leave because of that stuff. It's like losing a work colleague out of nowhere, "Yeah remember Tim? Died yesterday".

Saturnus

haha it's unou

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
To add more unneeded evidence, we saw twink mecha pilot princess carry Bettel. We've seen Bettel irl, 127lb isn't much for a guy but it's still not that easy to carry. And he came in fast and didn't seem out of breath at all.

127? Is he really short or something? I thought he was tall. I know Americans are fat as shit, but the average woman in America weighs 170.5 pounds. Dude is in the healthy weight range of a 5 foot 4 inch woman.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I remember people were rratting that Flayon is a big black guy in that one picture well I was watching old clips and apparently Flayon is jacked so that's more evidence to that rrat

We're halfway through June and this is still the gayest thing I've seen this month.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
127? Is he really short or something? I thought he was tall. I know Americans are fat as shit, but the average woman in America weighs 170.5 pounds. Dude is in the healthy weight range of a 5 foot 4 inch woman.
The guy is just short and skinny, makes Magni and Altare look tall.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
To add more unneeded evidence, we saw twink mecha pilot princess carry Bettel. We've seen Bettel irl, 127lb isn't much for a guy but it's still not that easy to carry. And he came in fast and didn't seem out of breath at all.

According to the comments he also crushed ring fit

niggaphil

My "Not my fucking problem" romanian wife sticker template:

GQA6h1vXoAAIVom.jpg

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Re:AcT got a second death threat and bomb threat, this time directed at the 2nd gen's live on 29 June.

As before, they will go on with the live show implementing similar security measures. They got through the first threat without any issues so they should have the experience with organising the measures.

Re:AcT's Usuwa Suu singing at 7.30PM JST (edited).

AZKi also singing at 8PM JST.

Not sure if they have done collab before but yesterday Aoi Sakura played Apex with Shibuya Hal and Shirayuki Reid from Neoporte.

Wonder if this will lead to a participation in Vsaikyo since it always has a good number of NijiJP entrants.

Kanade on the relationship status of her viewers.

Would it be better or worse if they have girlfriends?

Some male streamers and Kamito gave some fanservice to VSpo's fujoshi Hanabusa Lisa.

Last edited:

Koronesuki

X-Potato
The guy is just short and skinny, makes Magni and Altare look tall.

Magni is pretty tall for an Asian. Apparently this is what happens when North Koreans escape communism and actually get enough to eat.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Based from these past few pages, this is now what Flayon looks like in my head.

images.jpeg

Salado

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Second Lia stream for the day (!) She's gushing over Final Fantasy XIV and will be watching the upcoming announcement related to the Dawntrail expansion pack.

DanishCookies

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Re:AcT got a second death threat and bomb threat, this time directed at the 2nd gen's live on 29 June.

As before, they will go on with the live show implementing similar security measures. They got through the first threat without any issues so they should have the experience with organising the measures.

Do you have any idea why is this happening? I watch Leona and Hato stuff on the regular on Youtube but I never sniffed anything like this.

Top Bottom