"Did you guys never had, like, dinner with your inanimate objects?"Kureiji Ollie

Nijisanji L Collection

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
weren't they selling selen voice packs like a week before they fired her?
They were selling Selen shit a while AFTER they fired her, too.

Bronze

They said they were going to gradually stop the sale of her merch, and some merch produced last year that includes her might go on sale. Don't remember if it happened, but they are fine with selling stuff at least

tgmslc

They were selling Selen shit a while AFTER they fired her, too.
They said they were going to gradually stop the sale of her merch, and some merch produced last year that includes her might go on sale. Don't remember if it happened, but they are fine with selling stuff at least
Absolutely ghoulish behavior. Glad she's ripping off as much of her old stuff as she can, get their asses Doki.
:dokiSmugNew:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

You guys realize Ember is like the only one in that group with a license and any ability to drive right?

I thought the idea was to kidnap Rosemi, not make her coffin an inferno of a windowless 1990s van that had "FREE CANDY" hastily spray painted over with a decade old can of Rustoleum matte white paint.

:fishmandispair:
I legitimately haven't laughed at a post that hard in a long time. Because you also know they'd put such a bad coat of paint on it that the "Free Candy" would still be visible.

Limkin

They are still selling Nina, Selen and Pomu's merch lol. There is 2 years old merch they have a crapton of they couldn't sell and it's still listed on their e-shop. You can't pick individual items associated with them on a couple I checked, but all the bundles are available
fnnsnl.png
Somehow Finana sold better than Elira lol
pmkn.png
They just removed Pomu from the tags so you can't search for it

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
They are still selling Nina, Selen and Pomu's merch lol. There is 2 years old merch they have a crapton of they couldn't sell and it's still listed on their e-shop. You can't pick individual items associated with them on a couple I checked, but all the bundles are available
Somehow Finana sold better than Elira lol
They just removed Pomu from the tags so you can't search for it
Holy shit anycolor is the child of a Jew and a Chink :ironmousekek: and a Gypsy saw them making it. :gloomiLaugh:

Limkin

Holy shit anycolor is the child of a Jew and a Chink :ironmousekek: and a Gypsy saw them making it. :gloomiLaugh:
Sisters: She had to ask permission from other livers directly, they have the last say if they want to appear in her video or not because of IP ownership
also Sisters: they are fine selling merch of graduated and terminated members because company owns the IP

Bronze

They are different(it is more obvious on twitter) :baeJam:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
If the parting between a talent and a company is amicable, I could see selling their merch being okay. To use an example from another corp, I'm sure fans of Sana wouldn't mind being able to buy merch of her during anniversaries or major events, even if she is no longer with Hololive. Especially if the talent was getting their share of the sales revenue. That raises interesting questions about who would get merch released and who wouldn't, so just not doing it at all seems easier, but it's a road they could try and I don't think it would automatically be a bad thing.

However, I very much doubt that Nijisanji is sending Doki her cut of merch sales. And why would you do a "Fuck Selen: The Stream" and tell everyone how awful you think Selen is, and then have your store selling Selen merch, as if you haven't pissed off Selen's fans and only have the Selen antis left. If you're going to try and make money off the IP that parted livers helped develop, maybe don't take them out back and publically shoot them first if you want to still be able to sell merch to that liver's fans.

Limkin

Especially if the talent was getting their share of the sales revenue.
This is why normal companies don't do that, you don't want 10 years later getting a lawsuit claiming that the influence of the person on their character was invaluable and you gave them the wrong cut (which you can't defend anymore because they are no longer employed and don't have a contract signed up), losing it and suddenly finding that you owe a ton of money you don't have. Niji just assumes no one will do it because it's not worth it

Bronze

It makes more sense to post here

Shu and Meloco will talk about Niji EN for JP viewers. Another sign for the merge?

Google TL:
[I want to know more about Nijisanji EN! You there!]

Together with Meloko-sama, we will be doing a radio show for Japanese speakers where we will talk about all things EN!

It's called!
"Nijisanji EN Radio! What do you like about EN?"

So we are looking for questions for the first radio show! If you'd like, please let us know with this hashtag! #ENkokokiniru

We look forward to your questions

Last edited:

niggaphil

It makes more sense to post it here

Shu and Meloco will talk about Niji EN for JP viewers. Another sign for the merge?

Google TL:

All the signs and smoke signals..... will we witness the nuke next month?

:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
If you compare the latest NijiJP and NijiEN debutants, currently the Niji main channel is showcasing the new talents with their seniors hosting, Joe Rikiichi, Suo Sango, Elu, and Shioriha Ruri are there.

Wouldn't expect something similar for the EN talents.

If the parting between a talent and a company is amicable, I could see selling their merch being okay. To use an example from another corp, I'm sure fans of Sana wouldn't mind being able to buy merch of her during anniversaries or major events, even if she is no longer with Hololive. Especially if the talent was getting their share of the sales revenue. That raises interesting questions about who would get merch released and who wouldn't, so just not doing it at all seems easier, but it's a road they could try and I don't think it would automatically be a bad thing.

However, I very much doubt that Nijisanji is sending Doki her cut of merch sales. And why would you do a "Fuck Selen: The Stream" and tell everyone how awful you think Selen is, and then have your store selling Selen merch, as if you haven't pissed off Selen's fans and only have the Selen antis left. If you're going to try and make money off the IP that parted livers helped develop, maybe don't take them out back and publically shoot them first if you want to still be able to sell merch to that liver's fans.
If it's an amicable graduation there might be some arranged royalty deal. For example you can still buy digital music from graduated Re:AcT talents. This one for example is 1st Gen Usami Yuno, their most recent graduation.
You can also still get Himekuma Ribon's music and strangely, Kashiko Mari who transferred to another company. The terminated talent Mikoshi Taran is nowhere to be seen in the store.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Sounds like Elira’s barely hanging on there. Someone on /vt/ clipped her Persona 3 stream yesterday.

oh no how awful oh no the consequences of her own actions coming back to haunt her how dreadful

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
This is why normal companies don't do that, you don't want 10 years later getting a lawsuit claiming that the influence of the person on their character was invaluable and you gave them the wrong cut (which you can't defend anymore because they are no longer employed and don't have a contract signed up), losing it and suddenly finding that you owe a ton of money you don't have. Niji just assumes no one will do it because it's not worth it
Other industries manage to pay out royalties for work done long in the past. A good example of this is comics - creators receive checks for the continued sales of their work or use of their characters, years or decades after they inked or wrote an issue or created a character. Same with writers. Royalty rates and clauses are hammered out when initial contracts are signed, there's no logistical reason why you couldn't do the same for vtubing.

Limkin

Other industries manage to pay out royalties for work done long in the past. A good example of this is comics - creators receive checks for the continued sales of their work or use of their characters, years or decades after they inked or wrote an issue or created a character. Same with writers. Royalty rates and clauses are hammered out when initial contracts are signed, there's no logistical reason why you couldn't do the same for vtubing.
Are writers making works using in-universe characters as pen names, that weren't made by them originally? It's not the same thing and I don't think anyone wants to go to a court and decide who actually owns all kinds of different rights associated with a character. And this is assuming professional business environment and well-made contracts. From all we saw an average vtuber will sign up literally anything, and contracts are written in a way where you own nothing. A much cleaner and fair solution is for neither side to make money from the character after it's over, instead of arguing who earns how much percentage of what

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
They had to pay the original screenwriter of Stargate for every episode Daniel Jackson was in, Jack O'Neil from the movies was spelled with two Ls in the show to get around not paying for that character. The double L was a running joke in the TV show as well.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Are writers making works using in-universe characters as pen names, that weren't made by them originally? It's not the same thing and I don't think anyone wants to go to a court and decide who actually owns all kinds of different rights associated with a character. And this is assuming professional business environment and well-made contracts. From all we saw an average vtuber will sign up literally anything, and contracts are written in a way where you own nothing. A much cleaner and fair solution is for neither side to make money from the character after it's over, instead of arguing who earns how much percentage of what
Jap copyright law is more intricate with the concept of "moral rights". Basically, streamers always co-own copyright regardless of what contract say. Anything they co-authored (i.e. any and all streams) they unquestionably co-own.
Character design and merch rights can be argued about in court and most likely ruling will be in favor of "streamer have copyright too". And there are legal possibilities to completely yank off copyright from niji (under US law, not sure if JP law can allow it)

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

If you guys didn't know, Doki's birthday is the 4th of July. If Niji makes a grand and awful announcement about the EN branch in early July that's... going to be embarassing. Having to stew in your failures while Doki throws another party

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
If you guys didn't know, Doki's birthday is the 4th of July. If Niji makes a grand and awful announcement about the EN branch in early July that's... going to be embarassing. Having to stew in your failures while Doki throws another party
Imagine the seethe!
:wtfman: :shiinawangy:

Top Bottom