"15 calories, that's like a pie right?"IRyS

The General Banter Thread & Community Stoning Platform

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
As an Amerifat who, while no where near an expert, chooses to waste his free time being interested in geography and geopolitics, I can confirm Africa is the area I am the worst at.

In my defense, trying to remember the differences between Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, and Equatorial Guinea, along with the Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo and where they all are on the map gets confusing as hell. Add onto how often regions break out into Civil Wars, change regimes due to yet another coup, how similar some of their flags are, etc, and it's just a mess.

Maybe someone or some group should go over there and try to figure things out. Europe already had their chance, so maybe LATAM can take a crack at it.
:smugpipi:

Negzana

God's Strongest Dragoon

As an Amerifat who, while no where near an expert, chooses to waste his free time being interested in geography and geopolitics, I can confirm Africa is the area I am the worst at.

In my defense, trying to remember the differences between Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, and Equatorial Guinea, along with the Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo and where they all are on the map gets confusing as hell. Add onto how often regions break out into Civil Wars, change regimes due to yet another coup, how similar some of their flags are, etc, and it's just a mess.

Maybe someone or some group should go over there and try to figure things out. Europe already had their chance, so maybe LATAM can take a crack at it.
:smugpipi:
Most of history geography I've learned was due to geopolitics and major historical events. Africa's history just isn't that relevant to the rest of the world outside of North Africa, so I never really bothered to learn about the rest of Africa.

and Crusader Kings doesn't include sub-Sahara Africa

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Most of history geography I've learned was due to geopolitics and major historical events. Africa's history just isn't that relevant to the rest of the world outside of North Africa, so I never really bothered to learn about the rest of Africa.
that pretty much applies to everywhere not just the US, the only reason I know some places in africa exist is because of terror attacks and fucking genocide, since those get covered worldwide.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I'm gonna be real. Before I noticed the joke with Africa I thought Madagascar was supposed to be the mythological fake-continent of Lemuria.
The majority of the countries/regions south of the Sahara/North of South Africa are basically irrelevant because of those reasons. In another decade or so it'll all be scrambled again save for like, some of the areas around the coastlines, maybe.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
In another decade or so it'll all be scrambled again save for like, some of the areas around the coastlines, maybe.
Pretty much, the current world is an aberration, the "pax americana" as some people call it. All of this peace-loving bullshit has held colonies in stasis, unable to reform themselves naturally and around ethnicity, culture and geography. Africa doesn't stop imploding because it's not allowed to, imagine being colonized, lumped in with rival tribes and then given quasi-freedom and modern tech you didn't earn while having resources that allow any dictator to ditch the population and live off of foreign investment.

The europeans had hundreds of years to fight each other so much they got tired of it, their borders are all derived from long-held historical regions and are mostly natural with the controversial ones being smoothed out by diplomacy. Americans basically wiped the slate clean with their land, killing off everyone there to start from scratch, so they also don't suffer from the post-colonial issues. Latin America suffers from a different affliction, the natives weren't killed off as efficiently and the rampant race mixing has created broken societies with no historical background, reconciling those issues will take hundreds of generations.

I don't believe in any of this ONU bullshit and programs about solving issues through solidarity. Watering a wilting plant doesn't work when the roots are full of parasites, the only solution to the third world is social revolutions, wars and generally just suffering without someone else intervening to stamp out the change. That's why I hate the chinese too, they only contribute to the furthering of the goddamn status quo that benefits nobody.

Honestly space mining and exploration will solve a lot of the issues here on earth, since most materials are abundant out there, all countries which depend on primary industries will either starve or be forced to actually develop. You can't really fund an oppressive army off of gold mines if the value of gold has dropped to nothing from asteroid mining, that will force secondary industries like manufacturing to take hold which are much better for development.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Honestly space mining and exploration will solve a lot of the issues here on earth, since most materials are abundant out there, all countries which depend on primary industries will either starve or be forced to actually develop. You can't really fund an oppressive army off of gold mines if the value of gold has dropped to nothing from asteroid mining, that will force secondary industries like manufacturing to take hold which are much better for development.
Dude we use up an African country yearly budget (atleast according to ugandan yearly income for this year of 13 trillion shillings that equal to roughly 300 million dollars) to send a sattelite into space (according to google, can cost upwards of 400 million dollars). Abusing africans is just cheaper than space drills right now

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
right now
I agree, I said it WILL, future tense.
That is something inescapable, the quantity and ease of access of rare elements in space will lead to extraction at some point, specially with our wastefulness of the resources we do have, i.e. E-waste.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I agree, I said it WILL, future tense.
That is something inescapable, the quantity and ease of access of rare elements in space will lead to extraction at some point, specially with our wastefulness of the resources we do have, i.e. E-waste.
Unless we have modern day wright brothers wholl build an affordable way of space travel or logistical system to deliver minerals or giant space magnet only grandchildren of our grandchildren will be able to touch the asteroid.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Unless we have modern day wright brothers wholl build an affordable way of space travel or logistical system to deliver minerals or giant space magnet only grandchildren of our grandchildren will be able to touch the asteroid.
I did not give a timeframe, I do not care how long into the future it is.

Stunned But Dumb

Just reminded me of this. Man... 12 years... I'm old...

Edit: He made another in 2017... huh

Last edited:

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
Pretty much, the current world is an aberration, the "pax americana" as some people call it. All of this peace-loving bullshit has held colonies in stasis, unable to reform themselves naturally and around ethnicity, culture and geography. Africa doesn't stop imploding because it's not allowed to, imagine being colonized, lumped in with rival tribes and then given quasi-freedom and modern tech you didn't earn while having resources that allow any dictator to ditch the population and live off of foreign investment.

The europeans had hundreds of years to fight each other so much they got tired of it, their borders are all derived from long-held historical regions and are mostly natural with the controversial ones being smoothed out by diplomacy. Americans basically wiped the slate clean with their land, killing off everyone there to start from scratch, so they also don't suffer from the post-colonial issues. Latin America suffers from a different affliction, the natives weren't killed off as efficiently and the rampant race mixing has created broken societies with no historical background, reconciling those issues will take hundreds of generations.

I don't believe in any of this ONU bullshit and programs about solving issues through solidarity. Watering a wilting plant doesn't work when the roots are full of parasites, the only solution to the third world is social revolutions, wars and generally just suffering without someone else intervening to stamp out the change. That's why I hate the chinese too, they only contribute to the furthering of the goddamn status quo that benefits nobody.

TBF, you never hear about the relatively more normal African countries (or really any small country in the world that doesn’t have a conflict or a fuck ton of wealth) because they don’t do anything noteworthy. They aren’t as rich or powerful as the larger countries, like America, and if they aren’t behaving like schizos then there is nothing to report about them. Name the last time you heard Seychelles or Botswana do some nutty shit, you may not even know they exist because of how far more tame they are compared to other stuff in the world.

Also in the case of Europe, the EU, which is essentially a peace project, was founded in the 90’s. And they fought a war that killed like ~5% of the global* population not even a century ago. It isn’t like Europe’s peace isn’t relatively new founded, and that is if we are only focusing on the more “western” EU parts of Europe.

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I wouldn't exactly call a continent that currently has the biggest war since Vietnam going on "Peaceful" in the first place.

And there were also the Balkan niceties of the 1990s, when the Serbs went apeshit (again).

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I think I can do better with recognizing African countries than most, but of the west coastal countries from Mauritania to Gabon I could probably only reliably pick out Liberia, Nigeria, and Equatorial Guinea (the last only because of its shape). I hope no one's fate depends on me being able to correctly choose between Togo and Benin.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think I can do better with recognizing African countries than most, but of the west coastal countries from Mauritania to Gabon I could probably only reliably pick out Liberia, Nigeria, and Equatorial Guinea (the last only because of its shape). I hope no one's fate depends on me being able to correctly choose between Togo and Benin.
Benin is the chicken drumstick, togo is the one next to it.

My geography autism once let me remember all the countries and capitals but I got sloppy and now only remember countries.

MR.T800

Why do you cry?

Saturnus

haha it's unou

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
That Ñigger Elon removed the ability to view peoples' likes on the web version of Twitter, but they still work on my non-updated app. How am I supposed to stalk people through their likes now?

Faceless Waifu

look at this cute emm I generated
Early Adopter
That Ñigger Elon removed the ability to view peoples' likes on the web version of Twitter, but they still work on my non-updated app. How am I supposed to stalk people through their likes now?
I'm using twitter on my browser and I was still able to see likes on other users so far.
1718172057798.png
1718172121225.png

Maybe you found those users who uses premium to hide their likes already?

Top Bottom