"It's not my fault girls are so weak"Pavolia Reine

The Offkai 2024 Blacklisting Debacle (and other possible scandals)

Wan Seventy Three (Bad Co.)

Anti-Simp
I think it's ironic that the people who will say "don't approach women at cons" or "don't ask out girls at anime/comic con" and then do or at least excuse stuff like con orgies. Like don't me wrong, asking out girls at cons is cringe and dangerous given a lot of the girls who go to cons will react to a guy looking at her, the same Jessica Fernandez reacted to that one guy who looked at her for one millisecond, but it seems inconsistent to condemn nerds asking out nerdettes and take zero issue with orgies being arranged.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Here's how this is all Phase and Phasefags fault and the con is innocent.

A

Mods have been extra aggro deleting any offkai drama so this will be purged as opinions in the thread turn towards Offkai being the problem

Phase's fault for getting stuck with the wrong volunteers
1717352688175.png

Screenshot 2024-06-02 142303.png

1717352473685.png

Wan Seventy Three (Bad Co.)

Anti-Simp
I really hate it when Mom and Dad VTA fight.

On another note, there are always rumors about orgies at most cons out there. Some are made up for shits and giggles to add to the picture of the degeneracy of niche subcultures but others are actually true.

Case in point, last year's OffKai ACTUALLY had a room dedicated to fucking and I can show it.
View attachment 71001View attachment 71002View attachment 71003

I've got more than that with videos showing people making out and choking on dildos, but I can't really show that here, so you will have to believe my word for it.

Fun fact, the guy that was in charge of this room actually showed up to my stream as I was discussing it and saying what a bad idea it was to post it on his official business account.
I guess that one vtuber was telling a bit of truth when she joked about "get f**ked at Offkai".

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Quite common at US anime cons for there to be a bunch of cosplayers getting railed by others so it's not surprising it may have happened at OffKai.

VSoyBoy

Quite common at US anime cons for there to be a bunch of cosplayers getting railed by others so it's not surprising it may have happened at OffKai.
One example I saw just now on Reddit. Excuse the Twitch Thot and generally unfunny woman:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Here's how this is all Phase and Phasefags fault and the con is innocent.

A

Mods have been extra aggro deleting any offkai drama so this will be purged as opinions in the thread turn towards Offkai being the problem

Phase's fault for getting stuck with the wrong volunteers
View attachment 71006

View attachment 71007

View attachment 71004
Not surprised
The chink owner of that subreddit is a Brave Group fan VSPO fan so he doesnt care about other stuff and most of the people of that shitty place hate Phase Connect so this is a perfect chance for them to come out of their caves

Mongoloid

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
These organisers are too cheap to hire a professional staff. They just want free volunteers to run the shitshow and obtain maximum profits. They probably just throw a half-arse apology, and the same old shit cycles repeat in the 2025 (This is not happened exclusive to the offkai, the vtubers event (Kurosanji) organised in taiwan is all ran by half-arse volunteers, and caused most of the major fucked up. Me anwhile, most Taiwan hololive event organisers are the professional corpo, so you rarely heard there are fucked up)

Unless there is another competitor to fuck with offkai, the only solution is choose not to go, and use that con ticket money to buy Vtuber merch from online artist, and throw it as superchats to your oshi.

There are over 100 volunteers for Offkai. Let's call it an even 100. Let's say they work eight hours a day for the three days, or twenty-four hours, and Cali wage laws says they get $20/hour. That's $48,000. They're probably working a lot longer than that each day, and besides the day of the con, they need to do is testing beforehand, set up the con and breakdown and cleanup after (let's say twenty staff for another eight hours each the day before and after, and that's another $6,400). Then you've got administration, HR, all that wonderful stuff, that's going to drive up our really conservative estimate of $54,400. I'm probably severely underestimating a few things here, but this is just a quick ballpark estimate. And all of this needs to be spread out over every ticket sold.

I agree they should go with professional staff, but you can see why they tried to stay with volunteers when you see how much extra expense was added.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
You're the one who sounds like you want an insular gay orgy where the site isn't allowed to grow because you don't want information to be proliferated and our site to gain legitimacy.
Look, 41% references in the announcements and the admin referencing rubbingjewhands are hilarious to the ingroup, but the idea of posting that kind of stuff and then expecting to gain legitimacy if there's a degree of mainstream exposure is lunacy.

A sizable enough chunk of the vtuber audience aren't politspergs, but if you point them at TVA and they take a look at the announcements or some of the posts as they currently are, they're going to shake their heads and look elsewhere at best.

This isn't me calling for Proctor to restrain himself. I like it here as is. I don't particularly desire change.

But TVA's culture as it is is absolute poison for anything resembling "Legitimacy" beyond the already existing ingroup (TVA itself, Kiwis to the extent they care about vtubers but aren't already on TVA, and /vt/ anons) and this isn't going to change.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Look, 41% references in the announcements and the admin referencing rubbingjewhands are hilarious to the ingroup, but the idea of posting that kind of stuff and then expecting to gain legitimacy if there's a degree of mainstream exposure is lunacy.

A sizable enough chunk of the vtuber audience aren't politspergs, but if you point them at TVA and they take a look at the announcements or some of the posts as they currently are, they're going to shake their heads and look elsewhere at best.

This isn't me calling for Proctor to restrain himself. I like it here as is. I don't particularly desire change.

But TVA's culture as it is is absolute poison for anything resembling "Legitimacy" beyond the already existing ingroup (TVA itself, Kiwis to the extent they care about vtubers but aren't already on TVA, and /vt/ anons) and this isn't going to change.
This is true but if Proctor changes the header that makes him a SJW cuck

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
I'm sorry, I had to change the banner. I realized it was insensitive of me.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

I meant gain legitimacy to A.) sane people in the VTuber community who stumble across us, didn't know we exist, and decide to integrate or form a positive opinion of the site; I don't mean "legitimacy" to journotier retards, those people should be automatically disregarded, and B.) at least as a name in the community who documents and archives shit in the community relatively similar to KF's documentation reputation. We are literally the originators of the information regarding this Offkai janny seething over Pippa that's making the news cycle as we speak.

And for anyone who'd retort to this with a comment about KF's rep being in the shitter, literally less than a month ago one of the most normie-friendly YouTubers on the planet, Mutahar, made a video defending Kiwi Farms and taking down The Horned Rat. The tide is turning.

Serbian Peacemakers

The Twitch Mod has awoken, making two tweets about the current situation.
Archive
Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 14-53-47 GustavoBCc (@_GustavoBCc_) _ X.png
(forgive me proctor I don't know how to embed tweets)

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
I meant gain legitimacy to A.) sane people in the VTuber community who stumble across us, didn't know we exist, and decide to integrate or form a positive opinion of the site; I don't mean "legitimacy" to journotier retards, those people should be automatically disregarded, and B.) at least as a name in the community who documents and archives shit in the community relatively similar to KF's documentation reputation. We are literally the originators of the information regarding this Offkai janny seething over Pippa that's making the news cycle as we speak.

And for anyone who'd retort to this with a comment about KF's rep being in the shitter, literally less than a month ago one of the most normie-friendly YouTubers on the planet, Mutahar, made a video defending Kiwi Farms and taking down The Horned Rat. The tide is turning.
Can we really gain "legitimacy" when we are allowed to be as racist/transphobic as we are?

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
The Twitch Mod has awoken, making two tweets about the current situation.
1717354926795.png
Archive
LOL.png

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)

Tubedude

It is kind of annoying how even if the mod intentionally lied in stream chat to direct ire at Phase for the ad stuff, he can just say "miscommunication" and "those tweets are totally unrelated" and most people will lap it up as the truth.

Edit: Question, were the ads that were run twitch ads or in stream ads Offkai themselves ran? Asking cause if Twitch ads, Twitch mods can decide to run ad-breaks on stream (might need editor perms for it, might not, only have been a mod with editor perms).

Last edited:

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
"I'm just complaining about nazis, why do you like nazis?"

This argument is fantastically retarded and to this day I have never decided if they know it's disingenuous as fuck and are just being smug or they really think nazis are lurking around every corner ready to gas them at the first opportunity.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
is this really the western/american thing?
Yes. Super introverted lonely autists suddenly surrounded by their own kind so they aren't the only weird one there + alcohol = total loss of inhibitions.
Can we really gain "legitimacy" when we are allowed to be as racist/transphobic as we are?
There's something to be said to being the "Underground alternative to ___". We'd never be the NUMBER ONE VTUBER PLATFORM, but at least to anyone who can understand the in jokes an lingo (who keep out the people we gatekept) this can be a good resource eventually.

Salado

I won't fedpost. I won't fedpost. I won't fedpost. I won't fedpost. I won't fedpost. I won't fedpost. I won't fedpost.

Top Bottom