"Yesterday, it was the blood moon rising..."Hakos Baelz

TVA's DEADPOOL 2024 (and Morgue)

x Hades Stamps

She can simply use her if she wants, both accounts are indie after all. YuzuLemon openly said she's Miya, so she can too. But I wouldn't waste the new model especially if Ai is doing ok in terms of numbers.
I would honestly love for her to be active as both, but unfortunately, that seems even less likely for the time being. But hey, one can hope. As for connecting the two, if it were to happen, it probably already would have

Last edited:

Xuhle

Just to start off with something different

Sayu- phase invader. Been saying she would like a manager and while rae is nice but not really a manager full time. Also after kurosanji it's probably being hard to get any sponsorships and she's been hanging out with the phase girls a lot recently.

Hades- graduation. Not getting the numbers she was hoping for originally and with them cannibalize each other probably wanting to see greener pasture with her new model (assuming she keeps it)

Someone from VNU- Graduation. while I don't see any of the girl specifically as they all seem pretty happy and free to do what they like. Though with that freedom and how they are taking nijisanji shotgun approach to debuting new vtuber. I think ether the money is going to run out or there is some mismanagement that we aren't seeing as of yet

Edit: switching Ike out but if unable to use the last one leaving him in

Ike evenland- graduation. Kurosanji and having more of the people he was close to leaving.

Last edited:

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
I'll have a go:

1. Rosemi Lovelock - Voluntary graduation.
Known history of corpo-hopping, so this whole business with Pomu and Selen might prompt her to consider her options. I don't see her going down with the ship if things really get shaky. Where to, I don't know, Holo seems to be the only real corpo option, maybe indie if she still has her PL or go for a new identity entirely.

2. Fuyo Cloverfield - Voluntary graduation or stage 1 of corpo dissolution.
She seems to have been shaken by the entire episode with Riro Ron. The collaboration with Brave group also introduces a lot of unknowns for Idol in general. The only caveat I have is that I don't see a viable exit route for her yet, but in a corpo re-structuring/dissolution scenario, maybe Aviel can give her the option to keep the model and go indie.

3. Miori Celesta - Indefinite hiatus/finally gets nepo'd by Bae.
This would hurt me the most, but I do feel that we're closer to this scenario than last year, when it seemed like she would go on indefinite hiatus for med school, but dropped out and came back. Lots of RL problems, plus very high levels of menhera. I could see her taking the Holo option if she feels like she needs to hit the reset button, particularly with the way her fanbase has taken a turn for the worse recently. She's alluded a few times to having the Holo audition form open, and that this might be her last year as Miori. Only caveat is that she's built up so much as Miori, whether in terms of following, industry contacts or simply sentimental attachment, that it's enough to make anyone reconsider. On the other hand, a particularly bad menhera episode could send her over the edge and make her take that leap (figuratively, not literally, I hope).

x Hades Stamps

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
1. Rosemi Lovelock - Voluntary graduation.
Known history of corpo-hopping, so this whole business with Pomu and Selen might prompt her to consider her options. I don't see her going down with the ship if things really get shaky. Where to, I don't know, Holo seems to be the only real corpo option, maybe indie if she still has her PL or go for a new identity entirely.
I know we do a lot of Phase memeing here, but unironically Phase might be a spot she'd end up at. Urara - now Dizzy - was her manager at Tsunderia. And the only reason she applied to and was accepted at Niji was because Dizzy pushed her to. In fact, I think Dizzy was fired by the CEO of Tsunderia for pushing Rosi to go to Niji and 'losing' that talent. They still talk to this day, publicly and hinted at by Dizzy, so don't be shocked if Rosi bails she ends up with the fish.

Xuhle

Honestly thinking of it might just change Ike to kurosanji as I wasnt able to think of someone else.

Ether that or going to a different company in general that while not hearing anything bad seems a bit to clean for there not to be some money issues, like vReverie.

Edit: or just do Front, cause her own antic and her mom is going to bite both of there ass. WHERE THE MONEY FROOT.

Last edited:

httn

Hag enthusiast
I know we do a lot of Phase memeing here, but unironically Phase might be a spot she'd end up at. Urara - now Dizzy - was her manager at Tsunderia. And the only reason she applied to and was accepted at Niji was because Dizzy pushed her to. In fact, I think Dizzy was fired by the CEO of Tsunderia for pushing Rosi to go to Niji and 'losing' that talent. They still talk to this day, publicly and hinted at by Dizzy, so don't be shocked if Rosi bails she ends up with the fish.
Slightly out there. Dizzy did encourage Ria to take the Niji opportunity. Dizzy then stuck around for another year after this. Dizzy also resigned rather than getting fired/terminated.

Ria graduated on 4th april 2021.

Urara didn't resign until a year later on 8th april 2022.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Reminder that the cutoff date for participating entries is next monday Jan 15th (00hs JST)
All picks are final, no take backs after posting.

x Hades Stamps

Papi the Lich King--cancellation and graduation (Indie, AFAICT, so not termination/expulsion): Is called out for being very nasty behind the scenes
That was quick. It was bound to happen sooner or later, but he's been called out. Too soon to say for definite that he's gone, but it's likely. He's already either deactivated (more likely) or deleted his Twitter

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
That was quick. It was bound to happen sooner or later, but he's been called out. Too soon to say for definite that he's gone, but it's likely. He's already either deactivated (more likely) or deleted his Twitter
I've checked and so far only his Twitter and Tiktok are down (deleted) but his twitch and yt channels are still up.
I knew there was drama with him and the alphabet crowd, but I wasn't really paying attention. Lemme get back to you tomorrow, just in case there's any announcements.

Papi the Lich King is on Death Row as of today.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
I'll get no points for this general statement but I think Idol will implode due to general mismanagement and the CEO will never post their manifesto of transparency.

Talent: Rin Penrose​

Affiliation: Idol​

Graduation date: June​

DETAILS: Idol continues it's slog of underlying issues and Rin leaves before the collapse​

Talent: Ouro Kronii​

Affiliation: Hololive​

Graduation date: September​

DETAILS: Kronii finally breaks into the voice acting guild and doesn't need Hololive​

Talent: Milky Queen​

Affiliation: Mai Princess​

Graduation date: December​

DETAILS: Reincarnation​

Those thinking that Mito and Sora are going to graduate are fucking sadists and should go watch some war crimes or something. Sick fucks

Edit - to not derail the thread this post is why I have not liked Aviel and Idol. The talents are fine, even Riro, but the CEO's sketchy nature and the evental discarding of the Hebrew vtubers makes me not want to support them. Good luck to the talents tho.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

DETAILS: Kronii finally breaks into the voice acting guild and doesn't need Hololive
I was going to call bullshit because of the VA I've seen of Kronii, she's desperately lacking in the "acting" department. However then I remembered how shitty a lot of VAs are and you might have a point here.

lolwatagain

I was going to call bullshit because of the VA I've seen of Kronii, she's desperately lacking in the "acting" department. However then I remembered how shitty a lot of VAs are and you might have a point here.
No, it's still bullshit because the English VA scene has nothing to do with merit. If it was the Japanese VA environment, then it wouldn't be a dead pick, but the EN VA scene is all about who you know and your politics. If Nyanners couldn't break in during her tumblr days, Kronii doesn't have a chance.

God's Strongest Dragoon

No, it's still bullshit because the English VA scene has nothing to do with merit. If it was the Japanese VA environment, then it wouldn't be a dead pick, but the EN VA scene is all about who you know and your politics. If Nyanners couldn't break in during her tumblr days, Kronii doesn't have a chance.
Yeah, I'm 100% aware the EN scene is all about "who you know". Unfortunately I'm not a Kronii fanatic like the 3 dudes here that stalk every moment of her existence, so I don't know if she has made any connections yet.

lolwatagain

Yeah, I'm 100% aware the EN scene is all about "who you know". Unfortunately I'm not a Kronii fanatic like the 3 dudes here that stalk every moment of her existence, so I don't know if she has made any connections yet.
I don't know if she has either, but knowing what I know about the scene, I severely doubt she has. It's one of those 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 chance kind of things.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
That's... my point. I think she eventually hits who you know and dips. She isn't doing VA work in Japan. I want Kronii to stay because she is fun but if she hits gold this year she will leave. Cover is trying to break into the VA world but I don't think they are close yet. Korone, Fubuki, Nene and Matsuri are the roles I remember and they had the VA academy program for bit.

WTF is Nyanners?

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

01/11/24​

Agency: Kawa Entertainment

Disbanding date: Jan 11th​

DETAILS:​

Kawa entertainment was created on Febraury 2023 to function simultaneously as a Vtuber talent and merch company. Today, Pidge (CEO), announced the dissolution of their talent management branch to focus solely on their merch one. Pidge says that the reason behind this decision is because they couldn't achieve the objectives they set for themselves, and also assured that their merch side of business would be continuing without interruptions. Lastly, it's been confirmed by the talents that they will all retain their IPs, channels, and social media pages. Most of the, now former, Kawa talents have already tweeted about the announcement and shared announcements of their own about the issue. Most are planning streams to talk about their future as indies too. The surviving Kawa talents are:

Kawa provides merch for other high profile vtubers like Merryweather (also Astraline and Merryweather Media), ObieKatieKat and Punkalopi.

Asylum post
Kawa tweet - archive

Talent: Papi The Lich King

Affiliation: Indie​

Graduation date: Jan 11th​

DETAILS:​

A Furry #ENVTuber (derogatory) got cancelled on twitter because of his actions regarding his previous girlfriend and rubbing the alphabet crowd the wrong way (calling himself an "ally" while making transphobic comments on the side). The thing is too long, and thankfully someone on the asylum already put together a post explaining the situation with google drive links to a 96 fucking pages long document exposing Papi that was posted earlier on twitter by her previous girlfriend (tweet - archive).
As of now both his Twitter and TikTok accounts are deleted (not privated), only leaving his Twitch and YT channels up.

Last edited:

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

So... this is kind of a weird situation. Let me elaborate for a bit:
  • Papi's drama got started on Jan 3rd after he released a document going after his previous partner.
  • You made your account on the Asylum on Jan 4th, and subsequently made your prediction on the 5th. On the same day it was pointed out that Papi was already engaging in this drama.
  • The 96 page document got posted on the 9th
  • Papi DFE'd on the 10th.

Papi's pick should've been rejected, since he was already a Death Row pick by the time you made your post.
I'm gonna quote the rules:
"Death row" picks are the ones that are on the verge of graduation, or are part from a collapsing agency, from December 15th to January 15th. (i.e. SELEN, V-Reverie talents). Picks in the "death row" will not gain points.

So, to sum things up. You were correct about your pick but don't get points about it because Papi was already engaged in drama when you nominated him.
As a way to compensate my oversight, you can make a replacement pick so you can still participate.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Cover is trying to break into the VA world but I don't think they are close yet. Korone, Fubuki, Nene and Matsuri are the roles I remember and they had the VA academy program for bit.
slightly off-topic to the thread but Polka and Oga of Holostars had done VA works for a sunday morning sentai show Dogengers Metropolis (aired last year, both also gets a character song of their respective roles), I do not know any other prominent VA roles from Holopro after that though

x Hades Stamps

So, to sum things up. You were correct about your pick but don't get points about it because Papi was already engaged in drama when you nominated him.
As a way to compensate my oversight, you can make a replacement pick so you can still participate.
I'll have to think about that

Top Bottom