"BOOMER RIAJUUUUUUU!"Elira Pendora

Vexpo - Offkai with Fish & Chips and hopefully fewer scandals.

Should TVA seek to sponsor Vexpo?

• Yes; I like the idea and would donate to the 1st tier sponsorship.

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Yes; I like the idea and would donate to the 2nd tier sponsorship.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Yes; I like the idea but can't donate.

Votes: 53 34.0%
  • No; I would donate, but not for a cause like this.

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • No; I can't donate, and I don't support this.

Votes: 41 26.3%
  • No; But this has potential be a trainwreck, so I'll donate for the amusement factor.

Votes: 26 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Nigga, there's free VPNs and there's Privacy.com.

I'm pretty sure when he says 'cards' he means 'cards backed by Russian banks'. So it's not an IP issue, but that a western bank simply won't accept transactions from him in any format anyway.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I absolutely expect Vexpo to take one look at the forum and go lolno, fuck you.

I still donated for the fund because if they say yes, twitter will be hilarious. If not, eh, funding for the forum as is.

Alas, I've looked at the price tags to get to Birmingham and get shiv'd by a chav, and they're a bit too steep for me to justify attending.
This, every yuro makes the forum 10% gayer.
So does every vtuber that registers, and yet Proctor encourages those.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I'm pretty sure when he says 'cards' he means 'cards backed by Russian banks'. So it's not an IP issue, but that a western bank simply won't accept transactions from him in any format anyway.
That's what privacy.com is for. You make a virtual card, and use that to pay for shit. Though I'm not sure if they accept Russian cards.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Nigga, there's free VPNs and there's Privacy.com.
Oh yea cuz thatll help
dud.jpg

I literally picked some shithole in indianopolis and then it asked me for social security. Yea nah this shit dont work

VSoyBoy

That's what privacy.com is for. You make a virtual card, and use that to pay for shit. Though I'm not sure if they accept Russian cards.
Privacy doesn't work nearly anywhere. Ironically they block anyone outside of the US.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
This is a chance to create some joy amidst all the drama. Like Nene I'm a poorfag, but I fully endorse you going for it because it would be hilarious to have a gossip drama as the atithesis of a safe-space plastered on their walls and streams.
My suggestion is for you to dress a bit out of the place: full suit, slick hair, proper shoes but add some anime keychains, pins or other vtuber related stuff to your attire so we can joke about it.
22b.jpg

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I have no opposition to TVA sponsoring the convention and would be willing to spare a few quid if need be, but I do think it's worth fully emphasising to them that we are a controversial community in the vtuber space and that we discuss both the positive and negative elements of vtubing before shaking hands on a deal. I could see a potential outcome I'd prefer we avoid where they just quickly skim the site and accept the sponsorship, only to be ill-equipped to handle the several hundred rainbow-flag bios, unicorns, and /vt/ shitstirrers accusing them of promoting the neo-nazi doxxmaxxing forum, especially as they might lose some other sponsors and/or talent appearances if it blows up too much.

If they know what they're getting into and accept the sponsorship anyway it would be a genuinely positive sign that they're willing to filter out fair-weather fans who'd be a liability if they don't get their way, but if shit goes south and it falls apart I could see this being spun as us sabotaging it, because that's how the loudest voices in the community tend to work.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
So many things can go so very, very wrong with this, that it's almost an irresistible idea.

ex_lurker

I'd be willing to send a few bucks your way to see where this goes. Can't give too much though as I'll be attending the con and don't want to explode the budget before going there.
The lowest-tier sponsorship package (about 250 pounds if you add VAT, aka 300 dollars or so) is within easy reach;
The website says £300 + VAT so more like £360 (~$460) not £250 unless I'm missing something
As funny as it would be, we have to be aware that there's a realistic chance of the undesirable consequence of more Europeans joining the forum.
We do need new retards to counterbalance all the flips though

Arznbae

wtf is happening

Serbian Peacemakers

I want this to happen purely because of how bad of a idea it is, There is not a chance in hell this goes well, and no matter what the result is it will be really funny.

VTuberThrow

Nothing to do with whether I would donate towards it, but it would be an absolute clusterfuck for you, the site, and the con most likely. Realistically you probably shouldn't, but it might also be pretty funny.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
I'll donate $15 to watch a trashfire and see the blowback in real time from an ocean away.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Sponsorship from a site that contains "dox" and other things we have here will either never fly or cause a very funny backlash if it goes through.

As I do like how comfy this community is, I'm not quite convinced it's worth it just for shits and giggles. I'd donate in the right circumstances, but not for this.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I really want you to fuck around just to see how bad you'll find out.:BijouBijou:

Salado

As funny as it would be, we have to be aware that there's a realistic chance of the undesirable consequence of more Europeans joining the forum.
I dunno, man. They can't be worst than the LATAM crew... :smugpipi:

e:
oh nyoooo
jtdvj.PNG

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
All that I can think of after seeing this thread is the organizers signing up to the board and learning about the joys of Nolan Crush.

Last edited:

nuk-temleH

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Interesting, but I unironically think this has a bigger chance to blow up in your face than the whole "buying a dead vtuber model for a bunch of weird streams/content" thing was, and that had a decent possibility of blowing up (also I don't think sponsoring a convention is as inherently funny). Get back to us when Vexpo is actually fully aware of what TVA is and is still onboard with it, until then I'm in "wait-and-see" mode. I think its a decent chance they just stonewall you, or say they want us until a panel member complains or something.

Top Bottom