"Bokobokobo Kobo Kanaeru at your service burp"Kobo Kanaeru

Vidya Games Thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Reminder that this is the game's top player and has been included in the game as a background NPC
Oh, it's "nonbinary" now huh? What's wrong, did the "I'm gay" grift run out of steam? Wonder how long it'll take for Sonicfox to become so obnoxious they throw him out too.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
It's the progression from "I'm gay" to -> pansexual -> nonbinary -> troon -> tombstone. But in reality I doubt sonicfox has the guts to go all the way with the scam, he's doing fine just as is.

Moff Albert

The Brown Hornet is my oshi
Calli's Husband
I picked up the TMNT Shredder's Revenge and Elden Ring.

I've been a fan of beat-em-ups since the Double Dragon days, and I like TMNT, so I figured this game would be good for me. I have yet to try it, but it looks like a lot of fun.

I've already got Elden Ring on console, but I like the game well enough that I felt I should buy it for steam in preparations for the upcoming DLC.

Oh, and I got YIIK in preparations for the I.V update. I'm probably the sole person in the world excited about it. It looks like they fixed the game play, but I hope they didn't fix the story.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I grabbed three of the Yakuza games I don't own yet, 4, 5 and 6. There's a bundle for the first 7 games (0-6) that's on sale while the games themselves aren't on sale.
Past that I don't have much on my wishlist that I'm in a rush to get.
Good choice. any Yakuza is going to be a good time!

stop rubbing it in :depressedtako:
and CK2 is my go-to for "grand strategy" games, if anything because of how moddable it is.
Haha I'm sure you'll find some games you'll enjoy on sale or things with friends outside of Minecraft!
CK2 I hear about a lot but I don't know if I am a big enjoyer of that stuff or not. I have pipkin with games but not grand strategy. I don't know, maybe I'll give it a try for the funny things you can do to your character.

Got a question for some autists here.

So assume you want to download workshop mods from Steam. There's a few ways to do that but say you want to download a lot in one go. And it can't be any method that involves subscribing for the mod through the workshop for uh... religious reasons. Any tips?

At the moment I can download mods but I have to do it one at a time and it's agonizing. I'd like a way that doesn't involve a ton of clicking for each one individually.
Are you trying to subscribe to sus mods on the workshop, that you wanna keep private? Cause FYI for everyone. Whenever you subscribe to a mod on workshop. It does show up on your friends community tab for something you did that day. lol

Based on what I've been following and what the sales are so far, likely going with some of these:

Kenshi (-55% | $29.99 $13.49)
Been interested in this since Sseth did a video about but never bothered to pick it up

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (-75% | $19.99 $4.99)
Surprisingly not nostalgia because I never played an AoE game but I've heard good things about the remaster

Frostpunk (-80% | $29.99 $5.99)
Was interested in this when I saw Kronii play it, seems up my alley and it's cheap right now

Satisfactory (-45% | $29.99 $16.49)
Crippling autism

Kenshi is a really good ass game with a good modding community. There's honestly very few games similar to it, and it has such a unique world and flair to it. I remember joining into it when early access first came to steam, and it was just a one man game with this dude that used to do security job at night and work on it during the day. Was really a passion project.

Kenshi 2 is being developed right now in Unreal engine, which I think is a good choice cause there was some limitations the developer had with the first when using his own engine.

I do recommend this Runescape mod for the game, where you get armor, weapons in it as well as noises and the Runescape damage font when you fight people.
dasdasdas.png
Age of Empire games are good, Frostpunk is a fun moral strategy game, and Satisfactory is Factorio autism but in 3d with it's own quirks. all
Depends on what genres you're interested in/what type of games you've played.
ah man that's a tough question for me. I play a variety of genres. I'm not too picky. I love zombie games, rpgs, fps, tactical rpg, strategy, RTS, horror, etc.

Has anyone played Aliens: Fireteam Elite, Decision: Red Daze, Rasetsu Fumaden, Zompiercer, Chrono Ark, Age of Darkness: Final Stand, They Are Billions, Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game, Cygnus Enterprises, Roboquest, Signalis, or World of Horror? These are some games I have had on my radar for a while but wanna hear from others if they played any of em.

I'm considering getting Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin.(-30% | $59.99 - $41.99) I've heard the game is all kinds of great and uses the Nioh combat system basically. I just need to figure out if the PC version is doing okay, I heard it was pretty rough at release.
I love Niohs combat! I'm not too interested in their new game that's Chinese fantasy themed though. I was eyeballing origin too but didn't know if it was worth 42 bucks or not.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Alright, what kind of mouse settings are good for FPS games? I'm not doing terrible in Ultrakill, but I feel like if I use what is considered the best settings for these kinds of games I'd do better.
I kind of feel like Axel with his insane tweaker mouse settings right now.

Topo Chico

Alright, what kind of mouse settings are good for FPS games? I'm not doing terrible in Ultrakill, but I feel like if I use what is considered the best settings for these kinds of games I'd do better.
There are two main camps and it comes down to what you're actually playing/personal preference, but either a low sens for your tac shooter a la CSGO/Valorant or a higher sens (sub 6-7inch 360) for your twitchier shooter like QUAKE or even a battlefield type game. There are outliers that have achieved greatness in both. It's a matter of just finding what works with your gear and hands.

CSGO pros had/have a sens of around 2 at 400 dpi. A game like Quake will have pros having a higher edpi on average.

E:
this nigga got the greatest mouse reviews and has a vid on sens

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
It's all up to what feels the best for you. Some games do kinda favor lower sensitivity if you need to hit really small targets, and some more fast paced games favor higher so you can do all of your crack toddler bullshit. G*rmans and other assorted metafaggots will tell you to configure your cum glide ratio to 3.27 and your mouse slip'n'slide to 0.37 because that's what all the pros use, but that's all femboy shit.

You just gotta fuck around with it until you find something that works for you.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
There are two main camps and it comes down to what you're actually playing/personal preference, but either a low sens for your tac shooter a la CSGO/Valorant or a higher sens (sub 6-7inch 360) for your twitchier shooter like QUAKE or even a battlefield type game. There are outliers that have achieved greatness in both. It's a matter of just finding what works with your gear and hands.

CSGO pros had/have a sens of around 2 at 400 dpi. A game like Quake will have pros having a higher edpi on average.

E:
this nigga got the greatest mouse reviews and has a vid on sens

You just gotta fuck around with it until you find something that works for you.
Mind if I ask what your settings are? Feel like that'd be a good start as I fuck around with this stuff.

Topo Chico

Mind if I ask what your settings are? Feel like that'd be a good start as I fuck around with this stuff.
I ran 2 at 400 dpi in CSGO (1.6 at 400 in my early days). I was level 10 Faceit, 12 RWS~ A+ on ESEA. I generally run some rough equivalent to those settings in all games as I have 4000+ hours in CSGO. It's higher in battlebit, battlefield games, TF2, ect. Someone like surefour (overwatch pro) will tell you muscle memory isn't real, and to an extent I agree with him. I generally fall in the middle of what is the pro consensus, if not a little lower on average for whatever FPS I play. The one caveat to my playstyle is I have/have had a desk sized mouse pad for practically the whole of my PC gaming experience. There are FPS sens converters for whatever game you have in mind to convert my CSGO sens to your game that you have in mind.

Also, the mouse you're using matters IF you're using some dogshit 10$ amazon special. Get a mouse (wired or wireless) that has decent specs if you haven't upgraded in like 8+ years back when sensors were shittier and mice were way heavier. Another thing that'll help a decent amount is getting on a 120-144hz+ monitor, not a ton, I got to Global Elite on a 60hz, but it's worth considering. A lesser talked about thing is the friction of your mousepad, some people love super slick low drag mousepads and other like more friction cloth pads. I've stuck to the classic cloth pads after trying out the plastic low drag ones, but that too is worth looking into. The most important thing is practice. Back in my day it was playing 24/7 d2 ffa and just grinding, but there are 100% better methods now like Aimlabs which I have seen shilled around by some FPS twitch streamers. It's free to play and has some good mini games to warm up with and learn what needs work.

e: just saw pads answer. Default windows (6/11?), no acceleration, run raw input in all games where it's an option

Last edited:

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Chrono Ark

Fun and brutal deck+teambuilder roguelite. The game was supposed to come out of early access last month but the lead programmer got in a serious accident(They're alive). I'm bad at these tbh because I usually bloat my decks no matter what but the mechanics are fun and the story is pretty cool too. It's easy to get lost with all the individual mechanics though so if you're struggling in the game you probably will need a beginner's guide or read everything very carefully

Good Resident Evil homage. Isometric takes away a little of the horror but it's really good overall. It's better to go in blind with this game so I hope you didn't look up spoilers

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Lowest sensitivity on my $12 mouse (don't know what dpi that is), default in windows, and default for half the games I play, unless default is too high.

God's Strongest Dragoon

ah man that's a tough question for me. I play a variety of genres. I'm not too picky. I love zombie games, rpgs, fps, tactical rpg, strategy, RTS, horror, etc.

Has anyone played Aliens: Fireteam Elite, Decision: Red Daze, Rasetsu Fumaden, Zompiercer, Chrono Ark, Age of Darkness: Final Stand, They Are Billions, Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game, Cygnus Enterprises, Roboquest, Signalis, or World of Horror? These are some games I have had on my radar for a while but wanna hear from others if they played any of em.
Never played any of the games you listed but of the genres you mentioned, I have a few recommendations that fall into those categories.

Dying Light 1 (-70% | $29.99 $8.99)
Pretty much the best zombie FPS, better than the second game in a lot of ways. Actually does parkour well for an FPS and it cranks up the horror at night because that's when the super fast and strong zombies come out to hunt. One of the few games that successfully drives home the sense of danger of you being somewhere you're not suppose to be (outside at night) while rewarding you with double EXP on everything you do at night. The story isn't the draw but it's definitely serviceable.

Metro 2033 Redux (-90% | $19.99 $1.99)
Only played the original version but they took it off stream and only have the redux up now, don't know what that changes. Metro 2033 in general is a very solid game with all sorts of weird quirks as it is set in a post-apocalyptic world full of mutants, definite STALKER vibes for a lot of it. Won't spoil too much but bullets are a currency in the game that you trade with to give you a hint of the type of game it is. The atmosphere is off the charts for this game. It's a steal for $2.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown (-75% | $29.99 $7.49)
XCOM 2 (-90% | $59.99 $5.99)
Grouping these together because they're pretty much the same deal with some changes between them but everything I'd say about one will apply to the other. Pretty much the go-to if you want a great turn-based tactical RPG to play, as you lead a team of specialized soldiers against alien invaders. Every mission you do, you actually feel like your decisions matter because all it takes for you to be too cocky and you could lose a skilled soldier that you've trained over a dozen missions. Both of these games are very well worth it at those prices.

Alien: Isolation (-80% | $39.99 $7.99)
A very solid survival horror game as you make your way through a space station. It does a fantastic job of keeping a sense of suspense due to the AI system at work. The Alien's AI is actually not omniscient as it doesn't know where you are but there's a "Director AI" that gives the Alien hints to your location. The Alien even has its own "learning system" with branching behavior to stop you from figuring out a "one size fits all tactic" that lets you cheese the game and diminish the horror. For example, you could use a blowtorch to scare off the Alien so it doesn't kill you. If you keep doing that, it'll be less afraid of the flames and it will start to test how close it can get to you before it gets burned. If you keep doing it even more, it'll figure out it can ignore the flames and will rush you head on to kill you.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
Damn...I actually have all those games or played them before lol

Xcom 2 is GOATED as FUCK though. Such good mod support on workshop and a game I enjoy. Even when RNG fucks me LIKE
MISSING A FUCKING CRUCIAL 100% SHOT ON A IRONMODE LEGEND DIFICULTY PLAYTHROUGH :Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:

11/10 Tactic rpg game.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
What do people here think about Baulder Gates 3?

I'm honestly tempted to try it, cause I did love the developers work on Divnity Original sin 1 & 2

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Baldur's gate 3 is looking insanely well-polished. I've checked a few gameplay videos of the opening tutorial and it looks really fun gameplay wise and the customizations have you spoiled for choice. If you can't take my word for it the devs have announced that they're releasing the PC version a month ahead of schedule on August 3rd. If that doesn't speak volumes of their confidence in their product I don't know what will. Probably the only reason I could think for someone who likes CRPGS but would hate Baldur's gate is that they hate the 5e ruleset with a passion. You can check their latest announcement on their steam page unless you don't want to be spoiled on the origin characters.

racist

Ninomae Ina'nis' strongest soldier
Picked up blasphemous and nier automata. Blasphemous seems like a good 2d soulslike from the 2 hours I have played although I have no idea what the fuck is going on with the story. I have yar harred neat tomato before I bought it but I lost my save file so I am going to start from scratch. From the 5'ish hours I have played it's a game with a lot of soul and charm and a great soundtrack although the side quests do feel somewhat lacking.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
From the 5'ish hours I have played it's a game with a lot of soul and charm and a great soundtrack although the side quests do feel somewhat lacking.
A lot of the sidequests are boring from a gameplay perspective, but they really pay off for little story bits. Especially if you've played NIER or Drakengard 1/3, but somehow it still feels like you're not missing out on anything if you didn't play them.

Top Bottom