"Why can't I be cool like Pippa and have a horsefucking paedophile hate me?"Kirschey

Vidya Games Thread

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
This is for the people that like vidya company drama. Technicals, certified Smash community shit-stirrer, released a Skullgirls MikeZ vid about when Lab Zero collapsed and all the employees called him a sexist racist pig. There's a lot of information surrounding the controversy I never knew especially that:

1. Mike is countersuing the 2 main perpetrators of the mass exodus
2. The mass quitting and twitter canceling was actually a long term plan to steal Lab Zero's contracts, force Mike to declare bankruptcy and make a new company without him.
3. Labzero actually never dissolved and Mike still owns the whole company so if he wins the suit Future Club is going to die and Hidden Variable with it probably.
4. Mike has receipts via the chatlogs of the company Slack channels, company emails etc.

If the vid is too long you can skim the public court document which is 207 pages long and has some screenshots of the slack chatlogs

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Look at Cyberpunk, they hit a wall hard. But instead of innovating or using that as a benchmark they just kept going, they kept asking for delays for "future hardware". When the design was the problem. They thought they could get away with anything, and instead of breaking down that wall they got humbled by it. Meanwhile Ubisoft, EA, they formed the wall and are content to stay within it.
Bad Example aside from CDRed proving they had an intent to deliver there are several other fuckeries that delayed cyberpunk along with the government breathing down their neck to release or else be sued to oblivious for taking that stipend they did.

Sure a lot of it is their own fault for taking that deal in the first place but the wall they hit was outside of their control feeding the hype train was also a mistake but that was going strong without them and feeding into it made sense at the time.
This is for the people that like vidya company drama. Technicals, certified Smash community shit-stirrer, released a Skullgirls MikeZ vid about when Lab Zero collapsed and all the employees called him a sexist racist pig. There's a lot of information surrounding the controversy I never knew especially that:

2. The mass quitting and twitter canceling was actually a long term plan to steal Lab Zero's contracts, force Mike to declare bankruptcy and make a new company without him.
3. Labzero actually never dissolved and Mike still owns the whole company so if he wins the suit Future Club is going to die and Hidden Variable with it probably.
4. Mike has receipts via the chatlogs of the company Slack channels, company emails etc.

If the vid is too long you can skim the public court document which is 207 pages long and has some screenshots of the slack chatlogs

Yeah I know this stuff but it got buried REAL QUICK by future club defenders Mike is a Proven Asshole but both sides are one just happens to be still updating a popular game and not screwing the pooch so to speak.

I think the only reason the walkout worked is because MikeZ was still reeling from the lack of reception to Indivisible.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

I was never really a fan of Skullgirls, but what a clusterfuck that whole thing is now. I do find the video funny when the video talks about "perceived censorship." I mean, the game was censored, they were very clear that that is what they were doing.

Arcana Heart fans stay winning:
1699366275727.png

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
Who could've thought that hoarding games and making them exclusive would do any good against a launcher that has existed for 20 years that became practically a basic service for anyone that wants to play something

Either that or just Epic offers nothing that's worth checking out

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Who could've thought that hoarding games and making them exclusive would do any good against a launcher that has existed for 20 years that became practically a basic service for anyone that wants to play something

Either that or just Epic offers nothing that's worth checking out

I've only used the epic launcher for Fall Guys. That thing is a real piece of shit. Like I would argue that Steam is getting worse with feature bloat but it still baffles me how these clones just can't even get the basics right. Like hell, copy Amazon or something. Gog.com was fine... well their launcher is pretty shit too, but at least they have a working alternative LOL

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
Microsoft has cut the executive chain that has managed Blizzard ever since the Activision Blizzard merge, time will tell if it's good or not, but it has been said for years that Activision was always the problem, which is what actually one former dev said: "Blizzard is just Activision's puppet made to sell nostalgia"

Well, now it's Xbox's, but Spencer is just letting them free? hmm..

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
It's pretty much diet Ascension WoW, which is actually a good thing because Blizzard is at their best when stealing other people's ideas (Guild War's mounts for Dragonflight, Warcraft 2 = Warhammer, Starcraft = 40k, Overwatch = TF2+MOBAs, etc).

You can make a lot of stupid specs with Ascension WoW because it's classless and Mystic enchants let you build some really dumb shit. I will say that SoD looks like it won't be as crazy (because Ascension has had several years of building up these designs and their classless system enables that even more) but Rune Engravings in SoD look to be infinitely more convenient to change and apply than Mystic Enchants in Ascension.
WoW copying features from other games or even private servers might be the only good thing they've done for either classic or retail (in retail TWW they copied shit from Lost Ark and others)

I play Dragonflight and so far for me it's decent, the theme is just lackluster and corny I fucking hate that aspect but in gameplay is gucci, I played Shadowlands and it was horrible, I played BfA and it was good but ended up being overwhelming, Legion? best expansion much love I want it back please Illidan I miss you :pippasadl: comeback and kill Sylvanas in the most badass way possible please

Last edited:

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Here is my list of my all time favorites. Yes Cyberpunk is very recent for me, but no game has managed to make me sink 300 hours into it within a month in a very long time, so it's safe to say it belongs here. Boring picks? Maybe. I do love them regardless.
Now if it were a video game OST list, things would be very different...

faves.png

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Capture5 (1).jpg
Aside from the top 5, there's no real order. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, so some of these may be off the list. These are just 50 I could think of to put on the list right now. All games that I really enjoy, though.

Jealous

Lurker
chart.png
Just stuff that I have played and liked in no particular order

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Can't wait for a mostly half-assed single player game (with a few good missions designed by the one guy who still cares) tacked onto another buggy part-pajeet-part-AI-coded online "experience" designed to sell Shark Cards.

Also a sassy butch woman MC is almost a given.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
View attachment 54902
Just stuff that I have played and liked in no particular order
This is a good list with a lot of solid games on it. The DS Castlevania are favorites of mine too, but I used Castlevania 3 as my one Castlevania representative on my list (otherwise half the list would have been Castlevanias, I suppose). I used to play Yggdra Union on my lunch breaks at work.
View attachment 54850
Aside from the top 5, there's no real order. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, so some of these may be off the list. These are just 50 I could think of to put on the list right now. All games that I really enjoy, though.
Nice to see Manhunt represented. I need to play that one more, I had a Dreamcast and later a GameCube so I missed it back in the day. I end up with a different list because I had Dreamcast and GameCube instead of PS2, which my friends like to berate me for.

Last edited:

Arznbae

wtf is happening
WoW copying features from other games or even private servers might be the only good thing they've done for either classic or retail (in retail TWW they copied shit from Lost Ark and others)

I play Dragonflight and so far for me it's decent, the theme is just lackluster and corny I fucking hate that aspect but in gameplay is gucci, I played Shadowlands and it was horrible, I played BfA and it was good but ended up being overwhelming, Legion? best expansion much love I want it back please Illidan I miss you :pippasadl: comeback and kill Sylvanas in the most badass way possible please
Legion was such a great expansion it burned me out from progression raiding Fallen Avatar and Kil'Jaeden pre-nerf (which I fucking loved at the time). Literally killed any interest I had in WoW ever since.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Installing Call of Duty MW 2... 2 is the worst most annoying decision I've made

call of shit.png

Arznbae

wtf is happening

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
They're forcing everyone to dl MW3 to play MW2. Literal retards.
Are they retarded if it works to pump numbers which is clearly what they want?

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

I forget the sector specifically, but it's the one with the bar that has a dude that sends you on a quest to find a wig so you can try to steal the barman's special shotgun. If you go there with MD and speak to the guy that gives that quest he can interject with a line that almost ends in him dropping a 'my ni‎gga'. He gets cut-off mid word with a "Do not" but I still laughed real hard the first time I heard it.

Im just sitting here hoping the most annoying bits of the FFXIV community implode or fuck off in entertaining shitshows so i can enjoy the new xpac in peace

They're just going to get worse and June is going to contain one straight week of HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE in shout.

Autism lists

the tism.png

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
10 years finally over

Trailer December most likely means Game Awards on December 7th. Couple that with the almost certain announcement of the new Monster Hunter game at the Game Awards, and we're already looking at a major amount of shit coming that day.

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
Trailer December most likely means Game Awards on December 7th. Couple that with the almost certain announcement of the new Monster Hunter game at the Game Awards, and we're already looking at a major amount of shit coming that day.
If that happens, Geoff's ego is gonna be so insufferably high

Top Bottom