"i am not being terminated i dont do implant surgery i dont remove my feet i dont get taller - you paranoid fucks"Tenma Maemi

Vidya Games Thread

Zapan1984

As i know some here have played Dave the diver we will get a free crossover DLC with Dredge
Trailer and Dev Talk about it:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
For those of you who have played Tales of Symphonia, would you say it's a game with a slow start? Around what point does it start getting good?
If you can't take anime, as I do, it never gets any good.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
If you can't take anime, as I do, it never gets any good.
I'm fine with anime, and I've played a bunch of JRPGs over the years. Honestly, it's probably just because JRPG intros are never fun, but the first hour was a real slog. I was just wondering what point it starts getting good, so I know when to decide whether to keep playing or drop it. From what I can find, most people say it gets better after the tower of salvation?

agility_

Early Adopter
I've always believed people looked at this game with fondness because of how satisfying the combat gets, especially once you learn how to chain Lloyd's raining tiger blade. It's a similar situation to star ocean 3 where the actual plot and story are mush but the combat (and broken alchemy) makes up for it.

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Yeah Symphonia is fun but if you aren't getting into it the story doesn't really improve at all. That's why I tend to recommend Vesperia over it. Symphonia I would still say is more fun, but if the combat hasn't hooked you yet it probably won't later either.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'm just going by the deviantart calling her his wife and the art of the person he's calling his wife lining up with nemleis. She made it near impossible to find anything on her, which is good but regardless, game will continue.
you actual source on this that your trusting is fucking deviant art.

Dude my ass is more credible :smugselen:
Decided to give Holoparade a try. After about fifteen minutes, I can decisively say that it's pretty shit. It's got serious "early 2000s flash game" vibes.
theres a reason people stopped making these kinds of games. they are awful not just in player retention but programming and the art assets needed for what the game actually is.

Yeah it's abysmal it's up there with turn based games for amount of work that a game would need since you need to code custom parameters for most things projectiles characters enemy behaviors collision and speeds of everything have to be accounted for.
Excited for MHW. People who skipped Rise because they liked MHW more might come back for MHW. MHW certainly looks much more in the MHW style, though the mount riding is something that carries over from Rise to MHW instead of from MHW.
Do i play MHW first or MHW?
YO WHAT THE FUCK

Bet's on the new mount name? Bubbird? (Bubby + Bird?)
For those of you who have played Tales of Symphonia, would you say it's a game with a slow start? Around what point does it start getting good?
if your not into the whole save the world story it doesn't really what people like about the Tales games is the willingness to go a bit darker with things.

That being said it's when you reach the tower the main twist happens which to the games credit does not work without you wandering the world first and meeting all these people.

Beseria and Phantastia are better first games. Berseria delivers on what makes the tales games interesting way sooner and Phantastia is a simpler version of it's combat system and much shorter.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I only played Symphonia for like an hour a long time ago. Been meaning to give it another try.

Only other Tales of games I've played were Berseria and Arise. Berseria has great characters and an interesting story, but I didn't really like the feel of the combat after a while. Arise has fluid combat that I enjoyed. The characters were good, but not as good as Berseria. The story was good up until a certain point, then it started going downhill.

I've been meaning to play more of the series, but it probably won't be for a while. Still other series I want to go through before it.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
if your not into the whole save the world story it doesn't really what people like about the Tales games is the willingness to go a bit darker with things.

That being said it's when you reach the tower the main twist happens which to the games credit does not work without you wandering the world first and meeting all these people.

Beseria and Phantastia are better first games. Berseria delivers on what makes the tales games interesting way sooner and Phantastia is a simpler version of it's combat system and much shorter.

Might be better to start with one of those, then, because I already know the twist(s). I read a self-insert Tales of Symphonia fic when I was younger, so I know a good chunk of the plot.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Bae starts new series, falls in love with violent lunatic:

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Symphonia is a mega vanilla story, slow burn kinda game. I would compare it to something like FF4 but maybe 20x the length. The writers did put a lot of work in the setting but the pacing is god awful. A relevant comparison for the story I can think of is a Trails in the Sky arc (2 to 3 games) but instead of having multiple
buildup->climax-> release hills there's just one giant climax and a really long buildup to it. I wouldn't have been able to finish the game if Symphonia wasn't multiplayer on the gamecube. Spent multiple months with friends when I was younger getting through that.

Last edited:

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Earlier I was planning on playing some soundtracks as background music through the Steam program

Only to find that they removed that functionality.

Fucking why!?!??

Panko Enjoyer

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Earlier I was planning on playing some soundtracks as background music through the Steam program

Only to find that they removed that functionality.

Fucking why!?!??
1702206596213.png
It seems like it is still working for me. I went to library and opened soundtracks. It is odd that is tells you to "install" the soundtracks rather than download them, because they are just normal sound files.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
ecc85a571616df4ef6f31bf6774158aa26519a46.png

https://steamcommunity.com/games/2378900/announcements/detail/3870344426752826104

The latest devlog for Coffin of Andy & Leyley has released, and given the recent kids party here & surrounding the game, I figured I'd draw attention to this part:
> Q: Will you be toning down the story from now on?
> A: Haha!! Nope.

Last edited:

agility_

Early Adopter
Why would she tone down the sole reason to play that game. I hope she goes overboard if anything.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Play the 2D Tales games on PS2 if you want good ones. The gameplay is better and they are not packed with a bunch of filler like the 3D ones. Tales of Destiny PS2 is the only one with an English patch right now, but Destiny II should be almost done with Rebirth coming after that. Namco is retarded and didn't release their best ones overseas. Once the series fully transitioned to 3D is stopped being fun.

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum

UberSoldat

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
God damn, that didn't take long. Although, I guess it's about the best time to cut and try to run with the money.

I didn't follow anything about this game before release, but this shitshow in the last few days has been entertaining, at least.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I missed this shitshow. Anyone make a good video explaining the situation?

Top Bottom