"El come culow! hahaha! Yo come culow! Too ers puta! lol 'luh leche de mee madre... NO! no! nonono, no bien! neygativow bien! how'd you say 'no'? Luh leche de su madrey! Luh leche del culow! prostata!"Lia Rinkou

Vidya Games Thread

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links

Rune Factory games are on sale right now, and some of the Trails of Heroes games too (Cold Steel and Trails in the Sky).

I do recommend Rune Factory 4 for 15 buckos. If you like Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, and other RPG/Farming Sims.
Another recommendation is if you enjoyed recettear but hated the dungeons I'd recommend picking up Potionomics. It's a fun, potion crafting, store management game with wacky characters. My favorite is the walrus man.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Having put just under a dozen hours into Helldivers 2: Yes it's good. Real good, and refreshingly difficult for a horde shooter at that.
The bug missions keep a decent pace as you incline up the levels, but man, the robots do not fuck around at any point. They are on your ass immediately and non-stop throughout the entire match, and the game isn't shy of just cockblocking you if you've brought the wrong types of weapons/loadouts to deal with the threats its throwing out at you - or if your team isn't coordinated enough. The game in general has a very intense focus on multiplayer cooperation that'll probably do it well in the long run, from having to cooperate to fulfill objectives to smaller things like two players being able to work in tandem so one can fire a high-powered support weapon while another reloads it for them. It's not strictly necessary to do this but it is significantly faster and more effective than leaving one person flying solo with the rocket launcher. Defending your extract with combined minefields, heavy weapons emplacements, and turrets - or laying siege to enemies own camps via combined arms and orbital bombardment - is likewise a good time. Sources of friendly fire are many and varied for the ignorant player, and awareness of your team is as much a matter of your own survival as it is taking an objective.
There are microtransactions though for what little I've looked at them they look fairly reasonable. They're not price gouging you on the premium currency and the costs attached to what little items there are currently are fairly cheap, the armor sets aren't technically cosmetic-only as they do have small stat benefits attached but they're not anything beyond what's available in the main progression tree (medals). F2P (for lack of a better word in a 40$ game) progression is still the meat of the content and is where most of your guns/cosmetics will come from, as well as small amounts of premium currency. It's early days in the games lifetime though so people will have to keep an eye out on how their mtx practices develop.
All that said: do not buy this game right now. There's just no point because the server issues are extensive and live up to everything you've heard. As an example, right now as I post this comment, half the (massive) playerbase are stuck staring at a black screen whenever they try to load the game. I personally got booted into an endless loading screen after extracting from one of my matches and have been stuck on the black screen since after reopening the game. From what I've been able to tell, it's a measure implemented by the devs in the hopes of alleviating the pressure on the servers until they can get more infrastructure in place in the next day or two. The game doesn't really have any queue or matchmaking system to speak of, instead it's functioning more like a raffle where it attempts to connect every 30 seconds and if there is a spot availabe at that very second, you get in. If not well sucks to suck.

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Having put just under a dozen hours into Helldivers 2: Yes it's good. Real good, and refreshingly difficult for a horde shooter at that.
The bug missions keep a decent pace as you incline up the levels, but man, the robots do not fuck around at any point. They are on your ass immediately and non-stop throughout the entire match, and the game isn't shy of just cockblocking you if you're brought the wrong types of weapons/loadouts to deal with the threats its throwing out at you - or if your team isn't coordinated enough. The game in general has a very intense focus on multiplayer cooperation that'll probably do it well in the long run, from having to cooperate to fulfill objectives to smaller things like two players being able to work in tandem so one can fire a high-powered support weapon while another reloads it for them. It's not strictly necessary to do this but it is significantly faster and more effective than leaving one person flying solo with the rocket launcher. Defending your extract with combined minefields, heavy weapons emplacements, and turrets - or laying siege to enemies own camps via combined arms and orbital bombardment - is likewise a good time. Sources of friendly fire are many and varied for the ignorant player, and awareness of your team is as much a matter of your own survival as it is taking an objective.
There are microtransactions though for what little I've looked at them they look fairly reasonable. They're not price gouging you on the premium currency and the costs attached to what little items there are currently are fairly cheap, the armor sets aren't technically cosmetic-only as they do have small stat benefits attached but they're not anything beyond what's available in the main progression tree (medals). F2P (for lack of a better word in a 40$ game) progression is still the meat of the content and is where most of your guns/cosmetics will come from, as well as small amounts of premium currency. It's early days in the games lifetime though so people will have to keep an eye out on how their mtx practices develop.
All that said: do not buy this game right now. There's just no point because the technical issues are extensive and live up to everything you've heard. As an example, right now as I post this comment, half the (massive) playerbase are stuck staring at a black screen whenever they try to load the game. I personally got booted into an endless loading screen after extracting from one of my matches and have been stuck on the black screen since after reopening the game. From what I've been able to tell, it's a measure implemented by the devs in the hopes of alleviating the pressure on the servers until they can get more infrastructure in place in the next day or two. The game doesn't really have any queue or matchmaking system to speak of, instead it's functioning more like a raffle where it attempts to connect every 30 seconds and if there is a spot availabe at that very second, you get in. If not well sucks to suck.
The monetization is sitting pretty close to the Warframe model. You can make a lot of money keeping it there & keep your community from degrading into Whales vs nobodies. Notably, Warframe has made something like 3 Billion USD over its lifespan.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Rune Factory games are on sale right now, and some of the Trails of Heroes games too (Cold Steel and Trails in the Sky).

I do recommend Rune Factory 4 for 15 buckos. If you like Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, and other RPG/Farming Sims.
I think I have RF4 on the Switch, but I might actually pick it up for $15 just so I can play it on PC instead.

I'd also recommend the Ys games. 8 and 9 aren't included because Falcom switched from Xseed to NIS for localizing by the time those were made, but the older games are great too. Ark of Napishtim, Oath in Falghana, and especially Origin are some of my favorites in the series. For $4.49 - $14.99 per game, there's definitely worse ways to spend money.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Pokemon announced that they're going to have a "Pokemon Presents" on February 27th 6am PST/9am EST

I look forward to seeing if they have a livechat and if the livechat has the word "Palworld" chat banned.
I'm betting Gen 5 remakes.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Pokemon announced that they're going to have a "Pokemon Presents" on February 27th 6am PST/9am EST

I look forward to seeing if they have a livechat and if the livechat has the word "Palworld" chat banned.

If the rumors are true, it'll be some sort of "Let's Go" styled game because Game Freak is waiting until next year for the Switch's successor to release anything substantial.

Xuhle

Kind of sad as while not playing a ton of digimon games, still need to play the two I do have, was really looking forward to the next digimon story game as I always find the Olymppos 12 fascinating, along with it being different from the normal digimon world.

For those that don't know of the Olympos 12 they are equivalent to the royal knights in terms of strength and run there own digital world, which is digital world:illad. Not to mention you have two of there members dna digivolve into the the digimon so far that freely travels between digital worlds.

Last edited:

blackblur187

ultimate edgelord

Stunned But Dumb

A bit sad, can't watch the video yet so not sure what is all being said but the last decade of digimon games have admittedly been hit or miss, the hits have been insane and cybersleuth is a top ten of the last gen for me. Maybe I'll say more after actually getting a sec to watch the vid, but its kind of a big deal

Xuhle

Last edited:

blackblur187

ultimate edgelord

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I get all of my news from vtubers and it rarely is news I want to see

Murayama, god damn it. At least there's a set date for Eiyuden Chronicle, but those Suikoden 1 + 2 remasters just look further and further away.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Couldn't care less about what happens with Pokemon. There's only so many shortcomings my childhood nostalgia can make up for, the formula has long grown stale, and the series has long been bogged down with a bunch of mechanics that just make it unenjoyable to play. I'd rather play Palworld, Siralim, or one of the good Digimon games instead.

Last edited:

blackblur187

ultimate edgelord

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

1000003351.png
Most content in a Vanillaware game? Goddamn how big is this thing going to be?

Kalion

:)
Hello.
I am posting to ask you to please STOP buying Helldivers 2.

Thank you.

Anime Fan

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Most content in a Vanillaware game? Goddamn how big is this thing going to be?
It's a 50 gig download and 45 is being used for the food

God's Strongest Dragoon

Hello.
I am posting to ask you to please STOP buying Helldivers 2.

Thank you.
STOP POSTING COOL CLIPS OF ITS GAMEPLAY THEN

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Top Bottom