"Wait, what is an F-boy?"IRyS

Vidya Games Thread

chihirogumi

I wonder if my old Amazon pre-order for Prime 4 at $50 will still be honored.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
the Eldritch Realms DLC for Age of Wonders 4 has released alongside the Mystic update, which means that the legally obligated DLC they sold as pre-orders have now been fulfilled - give them a few months of patches to tie up any loose ends before they detail their plan for additional content or maintenance. either way, it's a milestone in itself if you want to play the game in a "complete" state (as initially advertised):

personally, I'm a big fan of either path forward, though putting it on maintenance mode means modders can REALLY get to work. until they let us know the plan, for the time being I'm going to tyrannize all who oppose the reign of my insectoids (good news for Dizzy, they added the bug people race in this update).

UberSoldat

The Boltgun DLC has released today, featuring new enemies and weapons. It's more Boltgun, which is a good thing especially if you enjoyed the base game.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I actually haven't extensively played AoW4 since the DLCs started dropping, so it seems like a good time to jump back in and see how everything is going since I did buy the DLC pass.

God's Strongest Dragoon

It looks to me like they really did use the Prime 1 Remaster as a sort of test run. This has a lot of the same vibes as the remaster.
It's what I've been suggesting for a long time. Random remakes/remasters are often blatant moneygrabs. However when it's been decades since the last release in a series, they should also serve as a test run for a new dev steam to familiarize themselves with the series, how its built, how it all fits together, and what the underlying issues with the series. Hopefully they saw some of the issues with Metroid Prime's design and addressed them from the ground up.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Now I just need Dragon Quest III HD-2D.
Edit: Oh, damn. Looks like the reason it's taking so long might be because they're doing the whole trilogy.
NOVEMBER 14, NIGGA!
They're even releasing I and II next year!

The Zelda game is a huge let-down, though. When I saw the style, I got really excited that we were getting a new top-down, 8 dungeons Zelda game, but the gameplay isn't The Legend of Zelda. I guess it might end up being okay, though.

Last edited:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

It's the waiting that's the hardest part..

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Payday 3 got you down? Can't stand their insufferable tweets that X forces on you, despite not following them? Crime Boss: Rockay City released on steam, get everything for about $16 until July 11th, including the DLC campaign that released the same day. You can even play the game offline, what a novel concept! And there's already a population of Crime Bossmen that Kirsche has demanded lovingly suggested to play regularly, who were basically keeping the game alive while it was on EGS. Sure, it's jank, the hollywood actors are phoning their lines in, and it's probably a money laundering scheme, but it's got soul:

Soon I'll be lowering overall activity to focus more of my free time on actually putting together a game, but I'll post progress as I go. It would be an absolute mistake to make the dream Pokemon or Mystery Dungeon game as a first project, so instead I'll focus on a Psychological/Survival Horror title utilizing the best technology GameMaker Studio, MSPaint, and FL Studio can offer. What I would lack in production values, I can make up in SOVL alone with enough dedication and study to the work - and by not pricing the finished product for more than $20!

It also helps that there's hundreds of hours of Horror Chuubas playing Horror Games to learn from their insight, what they like, what they dislike, what they want to see, what they want to play, since they would know best in the matter. I might even go so far as paying them outright for their further input, or even voice acting the main characters/monstrosities, which could further help with overall visibility.

...and from my early studies these past few months, there seems to be a desire for a return to classic horror storytelling, specifically inspired by anime and Japanese horror, leading me to a brief premise: two detectives infiltrate the aftermath of a new-age cult's "final days" to extract missing persons, however many return alive is determined by the player. a simple premise, yes, but with the barrage of mascot horror, scp/anomaly horror, trend-chasing horror, such simple premises could be a breath of fresh air by offering competent execution and replayability.

I have no doubt there may be changes to the base premise as work continues, but this would be good to look back upon in a retrospective once all's said and done.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Payday 3 got you down? Can't stand their insufferable tweets that X forces on you, despite not following them? Crime Boss: Rockay City released on steam, get everything for about $16 until July 11th, including the DLC campaign that released the same day. You can even play the game offline, what a novel concept! And there's already a population of Crime Bossmen that Kirsche has demanded lovingly suggested to play regularly, who were basically keeping the game alive while it was on EGS. Sure, it's jank, the hollywood actors are phoning their lines in, and it's probably a money laundering scheme, but it's got soul:

Soon I'll be lowering overall activity to focus more of my free time on actually putting together a game, but I'll post progress as I go. It would be an absolute mistake to make the dream Pokemon or Mystery Dungeon game as a first project, so instead I'll focus on a Psychological/Survival Horror title utilizing the best technology GameMaker Studio, MSPaint, and FL Studio can offer. What I would lack in production values, I can make up in SOVL alone with enough dedication and study to the work - and by not pricing the finished product for more than $20!

It also helps that there's hundreds of hours of Horror Chuubas playing Horror Games to learn from their insight, what they like, what they dislike, what they want to see, what they want to play, since they would know best in the matter. I might even go so far as paying them outright for their further input, or even voice acting the main characters/monstrosities, which could further help with overall visibility.

...and from my early studies these past few months, there seems to be a desire for a return to classic horror storytelling, specifically inspired by anime and Japanese horror, leading me to a brief premise: two detectives infiltrate the aftermath of a new-age cult's "final days" to extract missing persons, however many return alive is determined by the player. a simple premise, yes, but with the barrage of mascot horror, scp/anomaly horror, trend-chasing horror, such simple premises could be a breath of fresh air by offering competent execution and replayability.

I have no doubt there may be changes to the base premise as work continues, but this would be good to look back upon in a retrospective once all's said and done.

If you buy it, be sure to use this affiliate link so Kirsche gets some credit for it!

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
If you buy it, be sure to use this affiliate link so Kirsche gets some credit for it!

I had issues with that link earlier, but I edited my above post to include it, many thanks for digging it out!

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

It's the waiting that's the hardest part..

I left it too late to get a new character set up like a dumbass, so I'm going to have to spend my time still catching up to the start of the DLC :painpeko:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I left it too late to get a new character set up like a dumbass, so I'm going to have to spend my time still catching up to the start of the DLC :painpeko:
Maybe don't bother going for the Envoy's Longhorn, the skill got nerfed hard.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Checking out some spoiler-free patch notes while I download the DLC sounds like a great idea, actually, I've been intending on a str/int build but I'm not so far in that the details can't change.

Edit: The Gelmir staff, PoD staff, and Golden Order talisman got their scaling buffed - that's nice. I like hybrid caster builds but the Gelmir was really disappointing when I originally tried it, the PoD basically can't be used properly until NG+, and incantations already have so much going for them that GO talisman felt pointless.

Last edited:

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
I haven't touched Elden Ring in quite a while, and Fromsoft usually has their hardest fights in the DLC. I'm gonna get my ass kicked so fucking hard... and it's gonna be great. I'm glad I at least have a journey 1 character a bit past Mohg already. I'll probably dump some stats into something I don't use if I feel too strong. Even though I've still got like 8 respecs available, I'm gonna be safe and do a quality build so I can fuck around and have fun with new gear.

Bronze

I liked this game enough to play it for the 3rd time. But then I'm reminded they killed the sequel. They are so silent I'm not even sure if sales of the anniversary edition would bring it back (I have a big backlog and not enough patience to dedicate myself to Elden Ring even though I own it so I check other stuff instead)

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
That sucks, I love those horns. Well, probably not as much any more. They used to be great for killing Death Rite Birds.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
That sucks, I love those horns. Well, probably not as much any more. They used to be great for killing Death Rite Birds.
Sacred Blade should still do the trick just fine.

From what I saw, the doot is still viable against large enemies, but not the craziness it used to be for damage and the poise damage dropped a lot.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Sacred Blade should still do the trick just fine.

From what I saw, the doot is still viable against large enemies, but not the craziness it used to be for damage and the poise damage dropped a lot.
Holy Water pots work well too, but it's always a pain to collect the materials.

UberSoldat

God's Strongest Dragoon

I left off in Elden Ring at the bird farming spot and then quit playing due to other games getting my attention. I had to fight Mohg for the DLC but during the fight, I rushed in and finished him off while he was doing a blood shower. I killed him but in the recovery frames, the blood shower gave me blood loss and killed me. Turns out he doesn't actually "die" until his little speech ends after his death, so I had to kill him again.
:painpeko:

Top Bottom