"Let's just go with 'JDON', maybe it has a meaning, who knows? It's fine!"Kaela Kovalskia (to Kobo)

Vidya Games Thread

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

New Elden Ring patch
Calibration Update 1.12.2 change list
Attack and damage negation curve scaling of the Shadow Realm Blessings have been revised.
  • The attack and damage negation has been increased for the first half of the maximum amount of Blessing enhancements, and the second half will now be more gradual.
  • The attack and damage negation granted by the final level of Blessing enhancements has been slightly increased.
It seems like their internal data is showing a bunch of players getting stomped by those first 2 dungeon bosses because people don't want to run around a map to collect sneedtree fragments while common enemies are 3 shotting them. They even put out a Steam post explicitly telling people to go farm that shit.
sneedtreefragmentspls.png

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
New Elden Ring patch

It seems like their internal data is showing a bunch of players getting stomped by those first 2 dungeon bosses because people don't want to run around a map to collect sneedtree fragments while common enemies are 3 shotting them. They even put out a Steam post explicitly telling people to go farm that shit.
View attachment 72578
So far I've been able to kill a number of non-remembrance bosses. Rot and Poison work really well. They even work on Rellana, but as with most strong bosses you have to proc them twice and she'll drop the Twin Moon nukes on you when her health gets into the red.

If I was in a rush to complete it, I'd use a guide to find all the fragments.

(So far, nothing about Shadow of the Erd Tree is frustrating me as badly as when they nerfed my Sword of Night and Flame a long time back.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

So far I've been able to kill a number of non-remembrance bosses. Rot and Poison work really well. They even work on Rellana, but as with most strong bosses you have to proc them twice and she'll drop the Twin Moon nukes on you when her health gets into the red.

If I was in a rush to complete it, I'd use a guide to find all the fragments.
Yeah, I beat Rellana and I haven't bothered to even start DBDL even though I touched the grace in front of his boss room. I've just been exploring and farming up fragments while trying out different weapons. I'm not a huge fan of the Rellana swords so far. They're really good if you're like lvl 250+ because they have C scaling in 4 stats at max level but the 2 abilities from the ash of war are kind of weak. They take too long and have too short of a range.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Yeah, I beat Rellana and I haven't bothered to even start DBDL even though I touched the grace in front of his boss room. I've just been exploring and farming up fragments while trying out different weapons. I'm not a huge fan of the Rellana swords so far. They're really good if you're like lvl 250+ because they have C scaling in 4 stats at max level but the 2 abilities from the ash of war are kind of weak. They take too long and have too short of a range.
Yeah, I switched from Intelligence to Faith a long time back so I'm not expecting to get much use out of Rellana's stuff. I'll just add them to my pile of INT weapons for if I ever decide to respec.

Currently I'm working on this guy.

I don't think he's that tough, he reminds me of some of the other Ancient Dragons.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yeah, I switched from Intelligence to Faith a long time back so I'm not expecting to get much use out of Rellana's stuff. I'll just add them to my pile of INT weapons for if I ever decide to respec.

Currently I'm working on this guy.

I don't think he's that tough, he reminds me of some of the other Ancient Dragons.

Rellana's twinblades scale off Int (for magic) and Faith (for fire) on each weapon. If you put it in your left-hand, it will always be the Fire (Faith) blade. So you can combo that with another faith main hand weapon.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

This guy... this freakin' guy....

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

This guy... this freakin' guy....

You need to find and summon the NPC for the fight at least once. That motherfucker is gloriously over the top. I'm talking Gyoubu levels of eating the scenery.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
You need to find and summon the NPC for the fight at least once. That motherfucker is gloriously over the top. I'm talking Gyoubu levels of eating the scenery.
Yes, I'll do that since I haven't beaten him yet. (I'm going to come back to him later.)

Edit: Good news, I found the perfect electric slug farming spot! Now I can spend hours and hours throwing black fireballs at slugs, hoping the RNG will give me the precious rocks I need! Yay!

(It's hard to see the slugs because they blend in with the background, but then so does my armor.)

I finally got him but I didn't manage to record it, this was the best run I recorded:

Last edited:

Kalion

:)

FFXIV Dawntrail expansion has a promo website. It seems there's a bit of an ARG going on. Four map pieces hidden that need stitched together (people have found two so far) and a password is needed for the Solution 9 page.

UberSoldat

New Steam sale, only bought Overload this time around. The backlog waits for no one.

Bronze

Ubisoft saw AC shadows isn't enough to make me off myself, so they've decided to go further with remakes.

Last edited:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

I already have this so I got:

(I just got Shadow of the ErdTree, so I didn't buy anything expensive.)

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I just want a game where you draft a whole deck like hearthstone arena or LoR's one mode they took out that was the only reason I played it, and then battle but single player.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Started playing Slay the Spire a couple days ago and it's really fun. Haven't been able to get past act 3.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I just want a game where you draft a whole deck like hearthstone arena or LoR's one mode they took out that was the only reason I played it, and then battle but single player.
I'd love more games like the original Pokemon Trading Card Game on Gameboy. Going around, doing card battles, collecting booster packs for more cards after winning battles, building decks from the cards you earn, etc. I still enjoy going back amd playing the original Gameboy game from time-to-time.

I think I just mostly miss the aspect of earning the booster packs from winning battles, rather than having to drop money on booster packs with the modern games.
(Also, the soundtrack was awesome.)

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I'd love more games like the original Pokemon Trading Card Game on Gameboy. Going around, doing card battles, collecting booster packs for more cards after winning battles, building decks from the cards you earn, etc. I still enjoy going back amd playing the original Gameboy game from time-to-time.

I think I just mostly miss the aspect of earning the booster packs from winning battles, rather than having to drop money on booster packs with the modern games.
In that vein and the vein of MTG: Shandalar, there is a game called Call of Zadeus in development which may scratch that itch, whenever it finishes.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

This might be what you are looking for. Well, by that I mean all the cards are included.

Top Bottom