"Liberal media strikes again!"Kiryu Coco

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
So.. what is up with former niji talents going to vshojo and getting overly complicated and.. not the most mainstream appealing character designs? Too much talent freedom? I consider Ollie's zombie theme to be a serious debuff, so why would former-Mika pick something similar :botanshrug:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
She streamed a couple weeks ago. See for yourself:

I want to pinch her cheeks.

So.. what is up with former niji talents going to vshojo and getting overly complicated and.. not the most mainstream appealing character designs? Too much talent freedom? I consider Ollie's zombie theme to be a serious debuff, so why would former-Mika pick something similar :botanshrug:
I think you are wrong in your assessment. Ollie was top ID talent until Kobo came and destroyed everyone.

Also a more recent example:
1713682517088.png

God's Strongest Dragoon

1713682517088.png
Hex Maniac design is way too OP

Shaken

The live action skits make sense now.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I'd guess the designs are another casualty of talent freedom. For corpos who actually give a shit there's going to be a handful of considerations like making the designs at least somewhat consistent with each other (IRyS 1.0 being the very noticeable exception to this) so nobody sticks out like a sore thumb in collabs, plus not too overdesigned that adapting it to 3D would be a problem.

Simplicity is usually more marketable too, the more the character design speaks for itself, the less work you have to put in on selling it to people. The character designs you can describe in three words or less are usually the most endearing: pink rabbit, office lady fox, detective, shark etc.. The more you stray from this concept, the busier the design gets, which makes it less immediately recognisable.

I was never huge on Mika's old design but her new Michi model looks a bit too over-animated for me. Seems a bit distracting.

frz

Just want to add that Mika's oshi is Ollie.
That went onto the decision making.

Edit: holy fuck that's a shit vtuber model.
I think you are wrong in your assessment. Ollie was top ID talent until Kobo came and destroyed everyone.

Also a more recent example:
View attachment 68423
Ollie actually was still ID top talent if you look at super chat and CCV and shit in 2022. Kobo only exploded in subs and nothing else. Ollie fell off a cliff in 2023 though as all her e-celeb friends abandoned her and the tourists left. :iryswooo:
Kaela has taken over this spot now. 🔢🐒

Last edited:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I would argue that Ollie had to work very hard networking and collabing with other corpo and indie vtubers to overcome her character debuff and find success. It's a debuff, not a kiss of death. Some designs are more eye catching than others. We see if with every new gen announcement, one or two talents always zoom ahead in subs before the debuts cus of their looks. Magni and Vesper would have been in the same category before they decided not to renew.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Aoi is so scared of what Pippa will do to him in Japan, he has decided he want's to flee to the US to get away from her!

I believe they met up in Japan, and Aoi showed her and the gang a few places.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
The Blue Archive/Mahjong Soul gacha collab pulled the top mahjong Vtuber Senba Crow to try the game.

Initial tutorial reroll got her the collab character Aru but she's trying the reroll anyway. Of course as a shotacon her preference is towards the boyish looking Haruka.

774inc's Shisui Kiki continuing the Atrahasis arc and will go through the conquest mode at 6PM JST.

Kannagi Tenri premiering a cover with her dancing as well at 7PM JST.

Ririka bulking up, explained Monogatari style.

VSpo's Tachibana Hinano lauging at Ririmu's shimoneta.

Screen actually shakes when she does her desk slam.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Mashiro Yuki's singing and playing guitar stream #190

Hologra

I kinda soured on Zephyrianna after she cozied up to Futakuchi Mana but tbh, this cover fucking slaps.
I think Zeph just doesn't give a shit about this situation. She just want singing.
Pretty sure matsuri is not that fat anymore.

She streamed a couple weeks ago. See for yourself:

I think she's in pretty good shape. :shubaIapprob:
0d30830d_IMG_8906.jpeg

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Of course the Tako is well armed...

Ame will be back once you stop being a little bitch

I knew she'd ham it up in public

Limited edition CHADcast t-shirt

The youngest of the group (maybe not mentally, though)

Limkin

she says she's only takes antidepressants and a few other medications prescribed to her by her doctor
"I will take silly pills if you give money to me on stream!"
"It's ok guys I was just haha joking, this was actually antidepressants and some other prescribed medications, what you were thinking I was going to take haha"
I am guessing she didn't mention what "few others" were either did she. That denial-not-denial is a classic misdirection, say something that is true, then imply the rest without going into details, so you never technically lied, and it looks like you said Idol lied

Jealous

Lurker

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.

RoadkillMorning

Someone, get the kettle out of this company
Also, how the fuck "serving the cunt" means "slaying"? It sounds more like "being a whore with zero shame" to me. And the origin of the phrase (drag slang) checks out. Kiara, what did you unleash upon us?

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Bronze

Loki and Memory are playing a game called goonect

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

Someone, get the kettle out of this company
Also, how the fuck "serving the cunt" means "slaying"? It sounds more like "being a whore with zero shame" to me. And the origin of the phrase (drag slang) checks out. Kiara, what did you unleash upon us?

Does he know the lore? :smugina: If anything, "serving cunt" is an upgrade.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
I was curious about her rebrand as I liked the tanuki design but this looks good.

Polka outfit stream

Boots and the fur
tailpost.png

Fubuki...
sorryfubu.png

No meds, only Polka
Screenshot-2024-04-21-035925.png

Top Bottom