"KORONE... wheeze you're turning me into a goddamned demon!"Ookami Mio

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Bronze

Umi sings Bet On It and talks about performing it in acting school. On a related note, wtf is a "splash" in acting someone in the crowd yelled at her to "Splash it" and she apparently threw out her shoulder doing a "fake splash over the lip of the stage" Google gave me nothing
Chat gpt answer so take it with a grain of salt
In the context of acting or stage performance, a "splash" typically refers to a dramatic or exaggerated movement meant to catch the audience's attention. It can be part of a physical comedy routine, a dance move, or a flourish that enhances the visual appeal of a performance.
When someone in the crowd yelled "Splash it" to the performer, they were likely encouraging her to add a bold, attention-grabbing action to her performance. The term "fake splash" suggests a mimed or simulated action that resembles splashing water but is done for theatrical effect rather than actually involving water. In summary, a "fake splash over the lip of the stage" involves miming the action of splashing water with dramatic movements performed at the very front of the stage, making it a visually striking element that requires careful execution to avoid injury.
The performer throwing out her shoulder while doing a "fake splash over the lip of the stage" indicates that she performed a physically demanding move that strained her shoulder. This kind of injury can happen when a performer makes a sudden, vigorous motion without proper warm-up or uses an awkward angle. It highlights the physical risks involved in dynamic stage performances.

Kalion

:)
It's fucking weird. Why would you save Ultraman Taro, which aired in 1973, on DVDs, something that would come out until more than 20 years later? Wouldn't VCR tapes had been grossly more available and practical during that time?

Why is Shiina lying? :pippasadl:
She's not. About the same time anime started picking up steam outside Japan super hard, so did tokusatsu by association. DVDs also became really cheap to produce.
By the late 2000s I had a fuckload of bootleg Sentai, Kamen Rider, and Ultraman DVD sets ranging from the 70s to very recent shows. It was often the only way to get them in English, even if they were terrible Japanese to Chinese to English translations.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

I am glad that my oshi is 22 years Old
:D

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
people might actually start the next Civil War.
Can it really be called “starting the next civil war” if the fighting never stops?

Bronze

Bnuy's celebrating her 1 year anniversary

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Still far better than sticking my dick into Crazy Michael Cat's pussy. :dokiSmug:
Michael Cat would be tighter by her psychotic spasms.

About the hag thing, I just think older women (around my age) are better at holding conversations, it really shows when you're watching someone out of your generation, they communicate in a weird way that only people who has panic attacks calling delivery would.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group

coomaguni

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Just had this pop up on my timeline.
original thread archive

Finana...
Of course, it could just be someone fucking around with inspect element, but that's not as funny.

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
DVD format started in mid-90s but it was horrifically expensive until mid-2000s basically (and PS2 played a huge part in popularising it).
Not mid, It's much sarlier, i remember buying DVDs dirt cheap around 2003.
Yes, you're older than you percieve, deal with it.

Last edited:

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp

Just had this pop up on my timeline.
original thread archive

Finana...
Of course, it could just be someone fucking around with inspect element, but that's not as funny.

While she has been there since her Yui days (literally what chubba hasn't?) it wouldn't shock me if it was just a PS job since she is the current hot target every since last week, but it's still funny either way.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Mint is joining the VShojo server, after all.

Ah some of my favourite people together. Also Mouse has been mainlining like 16 hour streams on Minecraft non-stop lately, absolutely no way she doesn't show up for this. :pomuLove:

God's Strongest Dragoon

If this medium lasts long enough and most of us here are still interested, there is only around 6 to 4 years left till the early stage zoomers are considered hags
those will be dark times
It will be fun to watch them lose their minds as they cope with their egg cartoons slowly emptying.
She's not. About the same time anime started picking up steam outside Japan super hard, so did tokusatsu by association. DVDs also became really cheap to produce.
By the late 2000s I had a fuckload of bootleg Sentai, Kamen Rider, and Ultraman DVD sets ranging from the 70s to very recent shows. It was often the only way to get them in English, even if they were terrible Japanese to Chinese to English translations.
Yeah, the Jojo OVAs came out in 1993 but they didn't come to DVD until like the mid 2000s.

VTuberThrow

Don't really care about age as far as 'hags" go. It's not like I'm realistically going to attempt to date one of them or something like that where actual age might matter. I enjoy hags because the things they talk about resonate more with me than the stuff zoomers talk about. Having nostalgia about Slayers or hunting down anime at Blockbuster or whatever is fun. Whether the vtuber talking about it is 25 or 35 doesn't really matter much to me. Though obviously age gives a bit of authenticity to it. Then again, you have Roca and Yuko who will karaoke songs from decades ago with full bore soul.

lakyus

Very cute underwear
Early Adopter
Not mid, It's much sarlier, i remember buying DVDs dirt cheap around 2003.
Yes, you're older than you percieve, deal with it.
It's probably regional but I remeber buying LoTR: The Return of the King on VHS and it was much cheaper than DVD at the time (which were at an "unaffordable" price for me), even not taking the initial player device investment into account. I don't live in the first world though, we were probably late as usual.

httn

Hag enthusiast
Unarchived karaoke with a girl of the melanated variety

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Has anyone seen my wife? :pikameefuck:

Damn you, Yoshi P!

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Horse Woman has hit her veterans' charity goal.

Top Bottom