"I see! I see your uterus"IRyS

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

VSoyBoy

Because it's designed for companies, why the fuck would you pay around 100k a month to give golden checkmarks to all Holo accounts?
The little badge thing is an affiliate account, that account itself doesn't need to pay for twitter business (as you can see by Kuro's blue check).
To get affiliate badges only one account needs to pay for twitter business "Full Access" which is 1000$ a month. That account can then invite other accounts to be affiliate. I think some affiliate accounts are included and every additional one is 50$ a month. Still expensive but not 100k a month.

Source

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The little badge thing is an affiliate account, that account itself doesn't need to pay for twitter business (as you can see by Kuro's blue check).
To get affiliate badges only one account needs to pay for twitter business "Full Access" which is 1000$ a month. That account can then invite other accounts to be affiliate. I think some affiliate accounts are included and every additional one is 50$ a month. Still expensive but not 100k a month.

Source
I misunderstood your comment then, anyway those badges are pretty much useless for most intents and purposes, and their twitters are already plastered everywhere anyways.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
WATCH THE CRINGECHILLA STREAM RIGHT NOW!!!

niggaphil

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
"don't watch this at work ya know"

Shiori I have worked entire shifts so fucked up I couldn't speak and even I wouldn't watch vtubers while at work in the office

dark

traps

God's Strongest Dragoon

So which Justice talent could fit into the middle of this triforce? :Vesper-UNHINGED:
If Biscotti's karaokes are anything to go by, it would be Gigi.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
An interesting take I've seen about this is that at some point, a VTuber begins to view their own model as competition for their flesh selves. They want the kind of affection and (let's be real here) lust that the fans give, but at some point they think that it's not really "them" that the fans love, but their persona (probably not unjustified).

Then the brainworms start. With time their thought process may start running along these lines:

"Yeah, my fans love me, but only because I'm an anime girl who's curvy/stacked/got legs for days"
"My fanbase is growing, but I'm not sure if they will really stick around for 'me'."
"If they ever find out I'm just some average or homely girl, they won't love me anymore"
"I can't take these thoughts anymore, I might as well post and see how it goes. At least I know that the ones who stay are really here for me. Just once can't hurt."

Of course, each girl will have a different attitude toward this, but you see this happen more with indies, because there's no corpo rules that can make them second-guess fleshposting. And yeah, there are those unscrupulous e-girls who really just do it to farm simps (looking at you, Froot), but I imagine many other chuubas who fleshpost do it for the reasons above.

My take: It's probably inevitable for many of the kinds of girls who become VTubers, but I don't like them doing it on main. Tonya and Yuuna's approach of having a semi-open alt with fair warning is a better (if imperfect) approach, since people who don't care for it can just avoid it:
View attachment 72879
Worth noting that this is different from a Mint and Kiara situation where they had to deal with a large influx of fans who just showed up one day on their RL accounts, not a designated alter ego for when they want to immersion break.

TL;DR: VTubers often want to be loved beyond the model. Understandable, but immersion breaking shouldn't be taken lightly.
That is such an interesting point of view, I was with Todd's "hoes abound" but you might be onto something.
Let me explain.

It's the idol story, watching someone stumble and work their way from being a beginner to having talent and pride in themselves. We might not all agree on who we're cheering for but that heart of that journey is the same.
There have been missteps and yabs aplenty but I'm in this with them until the end of it.

Maybe I've got :chibiBrainDamage: but I'd think less of myself if I wasn't honest.
Loyalty even in defeat is something that no one here would laugh at. We might laugh at him (or Niji) repeating mistakes, but you're a real one. :pomuLove:

Mari and Miia collab, double the brainrot

And the dog

DanishCookies

niggaphil

Do you want to to wear a wigger t-shirt, using wigger cup, and eat with wigger lunch box? Here you go! :dokiSmug:

Archive

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
New Kronii schedule.
GRdZYXkWQAArgrf

Salado

Clock me if necessary, I completely missed it.

Pico, from Phase JP, dropped a Cover yesterday.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Jelly is live! We got some Minecraft tonight :pomuLove:

Salado

Jelly jelling live.

e:
I'm late and gay.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
An interesting take I've seen about this is that at some point, a VTuber begins to view their own model as competition for their flesh selves. They want the kind of affection and (let's be real here) lust that the fans give, but at some point they think that it's not really "them" that the fans love, but their persona (probably not unjustified).

Then the brainworms start. With time their thought process may start running along these lines:

"Yeah, my fans love me, but only because I'm an anime girl who's curvy/stacked/got legs for days"
"My fanbase is growing, but I'm not sure if they will really stick around for 'me'."
"If they ever find out I'm just some average or homely girl, they won't love me anymore"
"I can't take these thoughts anymore, I might as well post and see how it goes. At least I know that the ones who stay are really here for me. Just once can't hurt."

Of course, each girl will have a different attitude toward this, but you see this happen more with indies, because there's no corpo rules that can make them second-guess fleshposting. And yeah, there are those unscrupulous e-girls who really just do it to farm simps (looking at you, Froot), but I imagine many other chuubas who fleshpost do it for the reasons above.

Feels so shortsighted. Looks fade, meanwhile many vtubers personas are usually just their own personalities slightly reconfigured or just turned up to 11 - and I doubt it's even by that much, as I don't think so many would have the endurance to go beyond their normal selves for multiple hours a day, at least not anymore than people usually do at any normal 9-5 job.

That a whole lot of people would like you for you should be the ultimate self-esteem boost. Exception would be the ones with a sexy model, but even then I think we've seen enough to know that that alone won't keep people coming back stream after stream. The vtuber must be enjoyable to listen to for hours every day, and that's the most amazing thing about all of this - these are women who are enjoyable to listen to for hours every single day. Magical fucking beasts, right here.

I would think people wanting to be with you with how you interact with them instead of something shallow like how you physically look would be the obvious way to go, but I guess I over(under?)estimate the amazing Woman Brain.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Feels so shortsighted. Looks fade, meanwhile many vtubers personas are usually just their own personalities slightly reconfigured or just turned up to 11 - and I doubt it's even by that much, as I don't think so many would have the endurance to go beyond their normal selves for multiple hours a day, at least not anymore than people usually do at any normal 9-5 job.

That a whole lot of people would like you for you should be the ultimate self-esteem boost. Exception would be the ones with a sexy model, but even then I think we've seen enough to know that that alone won't keep people coming back stream after stream. The vtuber must be enjoyable to listen to for hours every day, and that's the most amazing thing about all of this - these are women who are enjoyable to listen to for hours every single day. Magical fucking beasts, right here.

I would think people wanting to be with you with how you interact with them instead of something shallow like how you physically look would be the obvious way to go, but I guess I over(under?)estimate the amazing Woman Brain.
Let this be yet another example of how women are full of shit when they blame men for their insecurities. We're not the ones noticing whether you have cheap or expensive perfume, we're not the ones being catty about that other girl wearing last season's dress, and we're not the ones making you show your face online when your personality is enough to keep our interest.

They will always be their own worst enemies.

VSoyBoy

Some Japanese company is developing a new Roomba with a screen on top "life-size VTuber robot". The walk cycle they picked to show it off looks straight out of GTA.

Has any company apart from VShojo extensively used this type of tech for convention appearances?

Bronze

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
In the non-meme personality tests like the Big FIve (OCEAN), women consistently score higher than men on measures of neuroticism and agreeableness. This means they are far more sensitive about acceptance and rejection than the average man. They will care about what others think of them in a way that us men will never understand intuitively.

Generally, as both sexes get older, they become less neurotic. Older women may one day become secure with themselves knowing that they have something else going for them beyond their looks.

For young women though, five minutes on Instagram or the Twitch front page, seeing all the men slobber over those dolled-up, scantily clad thots can make any of them forget the gajillion compliments about their personality you gave them in the past 24 hours (speaking from experience). You can imagine that this effect is amplified with the types of shut-in women who become VTubers.

Side Note: This is why social media has been far more devastating for women's mental health than men. It's an avenue for non-stop competition and social aggression, which they are more sensitive to. Not that it hasn't been bad for men, but men are more likely to just shitpost, watch YT or play vidya, which is not as bad in moderation.

This is also why :holohag::hololove:, is not just a meme, but a good reminder for the women in this hobby that if they keep a good head on their shoulders, they can age gracefully and still be loved.

Top Bottom