"Do you think Yagoo has to know the wonders of the woman?"Chisaka Airi

Graduation of Pomu Rainpuff

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Wait, is someone saying the most unicorn-infested fanbase in the vtuber sphere is decent? The one that will go full schizo at the thought that their oshis might have said hello to a man at one time in their life?

Lol. Lmao, even.
Are we really going to pick extremes over here?
Suisei? Calli? are they on the bottom of the company? Come on we looped this dozen of times
I never think of PC fans as a bunch of Henris or Krampus neither do i think Nijisanji its all Nyfco Sisters
Not all Hololive fans are Unicorns: thinking that its stupid

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Oh so you like to engage with Nolan, Scuddle, Krestaline and @John Vtuber👁️ to feel like a vtuber community? :smugselen:
I never interacted with kestraline or scuddle.my only interactions with nolan was to make fun of him. Concerning john... i dont dislike him he is a good poster when he wants to

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
This is an excellent post, really informative, with sources and a really good rrat. However I believe Pomu made her choice not in october but in august of 2023. I'm not home right now but once i'm back i'll properly answer your post and tell you why I think this
I wouldn't be surprised if it was earlier, but I could only dig so far and the tone around her birthday seemed okay.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'm sure I'll end up with rainbow ratings for this, but I don't think it's an inherent property of the Nijisanji fanbase. In the west Niji fans are just disgruntled Hololive fans plus a bunch of nerdy asian girls. There's no way it's impossible to wrangle them, but the company doesn't want the few months of controversy it'll cause, and NijiEn has never had a Coco who could take all the slings and arrows on her back either.

The problem isn't so much that it can't be done, but that it'd be difficult and painful, and Niji management is addicted to easy.
your not wrong but also were not talking about sane and rational people were talking about unicorns none of what you said applies to them.
Well, here's my thesis. The narrative I'll push, if you will. It all comes back to Nina.

I won't dig into it too much but in later 2022 and in 2023, Nina and Pomu had one of the closest friendships in the company. I think this is well known even outside of their fans, but maybe some people who didn't watch them or only see them through clips wouldn't realize how close they are.

I think they struggled with a lot of the same things, and they definitely talked to each other about those things, as Pomu stated on stream a few times. The two things I would highlight are antis from other livers' fans, and delayed cancelled or blocked projects by management.

Some examples in the spoilers:
April 16, 2023

Nina faced similar things, much worse even, as the Luxiem fanbase harassed her to the point of doxing her address and botting her comments. She definitely put on a strong front, but the effect on her own fans and other livers was something she talked about, both at the time and after:

August 22, 2022

December 31, 2022

December 25, 2023

Add to that company support not holding up for them, which they both mentioned on stream.

For Pomu... I remember how her cover of Fukashigi no Carte could never be released. Everything was completed, but the company couldn't release it because they somehow lost perms. I personally assume they couldn't get it whitelisted fully - this song gets region locked every time it's sung anywhere even with a license, so likely a problem with international rights holders. I wasn't following her closely at the time but I heard that her 500k celebration project never materialized. And then there's her original song, Fairy of AKIBerse, which had a 5 month management delay for permissions from the creators, contributing to a delay that might allow the MV to be released before graduation if we're lucky. Pomu was able to perform this song in her 3d debut and karaoke but has yet to be released as a video. Thankfully her fan art submission project cover, which was supposed to be for 2y anniversary, finally happened in the Antarctica video... almost a year later than it should have been.

For Nina... I can no longer dig into Nina membership to check deeper, but she had planned a song every two months from the start of 2023, including two originals she had already started work on. None of them ever saw the light of day. I think she also wanted to host a Terraria server which got denied in early 2023. She gave up on passion projects completely in May, which included a brilliantly damming quote:

That shit felt like it was the straw that broke the camel's back for Nina. It was even more clear on her members stream, though those are buried in some archive somewhere if I wanted to access them. And then there's what she said as Matara, where she is shocked at supportive management in Vshojo. "I'm not used to that".

January 28, 2023

(it did not release on her birthday)

October 22, 2023

October 29, 2023
members stream

(regarding her home3d, which just came out January 6th, 2024)

November 22, 2022

December 31, 2022

(none of these songs were finished or released)

May 14, 2023

(there was also a members stream about this with more detail which is no longer available, though I'm sure archives exist)

October 18, 2023

Pomu is often seen as putting on a brave face, but I think Nina is the kind of person who clears her head then acts very decisively. That's why her graduation in July, before the cracks had turned into a flood, seemed a bit of a surprise for people who didn't follow her closely.

Of course it doesn't end with Nina's graduation. Turns out Pomu and Nina are such good friends they continue talk "almost daily". A month before Matara's debut Pomu even said she was helping Nina out, with what was implied to be content-related stuff. So Matara debuts in Vshojo and is both successful and having a far better time, and Pomu gets to hear about this all the time.

August 7, 2023

September 11, 2023

October 9, 2023

I'm certain that would have an effect on Pomu, regardless of Nina started trying to influence her directly or not. Which knowing her, she probably did.

Anyway, you can kind of see her progression of thoughts from early 2023 to now:

April 16, 2023

July 23, 2023
members stream

October 23, 2023

(referring to her long-running MC project)

There was also a rrat that around when she did her yearly Over the Garden Wall watchalong or at some point close after, she insinuated it would be her last, but I watched all the streams in that time period and could not find it, I'm pretty sure it was literally made up.

December 27, 2023

January 5, 2024

I thought the "seeing my friends leaving one by one" phrasing was interesting. It really hammers home that even though it was only Nina, Mika, and Mysta, that was enough to hit extremely hard. Though I think for Pomu she likely counts many ex-ID there too.

I will say after reviewing dozens of vods, I'm quite confident Pomu's decision was made at some point in October. She was definitely going strong back in July and August, and had started changing her focus come late October.

Anyway, that's my big rrat. Though I did have both memberships from time to time, I didn't follow either of these two particularly closely, so I'm sure there's more little details I didn't find, but I wanted to list some full context from primary sources. If we're looking for others to follow this trend, I would say Ike and Rosemi were also close to Nina, as were the Luxiem boys, and I would bet on their slow erosion out, rather than explicit incidents like Selen.

Rrat here but I can only guess that the quick release of Matara's Zombie was one of those canned foxhag projects. I would say they kicked themselves but that would imply they care what better companies do.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Remember when Chumbuds would numberfag to infinite and attack other fans?
One of the few amazing feats of her not streaming its that these faggots cant stir shit now

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Suisei? Calli? are they on the bottom of the company? Come on we looped this dozen of times
I never think of PC fans as a bunch of Henris or Krampus neither do i think Nijisanji its all Nyfco Sisters
Not all Hololive fans are Unicorns: thinking that its stupid
The difference is that Phase talents make fun of people like Henri, while most Holo talents will bend over backwards to accomodate the unicorns.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Im pretty sure most Phase fans here despise the larger community of phase connect. And he is right, dont you remember the drama with suisei being friends with a male idol? The hololive community is full of unicorns even if they wont cry out loud on twatter. And unicorns arent the only reason the community is despicable

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Oh boy, I guess I started tribalism again, whoopsie doodle!

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
And the intelligence died in page 29
It was a good run
Good night loopers :)

frz

Timeline sounds right, the fact that Pomu wasn't with all the girls during the big offcollab they had when they were in Japan back near the end of November recording for something and all the girls left right when Pomu landed in Japan (assuming that they are recording for something, part of me thinks niji is somehow trying to revive AR live because a few weeks before the girls, Luxiem and Noctyx sans Fulgur were all in Japan recording for something)

I remember seeing during that big Among Us collab when there were only 5 waves that some crazy Viet Luxiem fangirl (who of course was a genshin fan and I believe the person who did the art for Sonny's lore video for his debut) was typing and fuming so hard when the boys were being talked over by the girls that her keyboard broke and posted that to Facebook or whatever. That caught wind to some of the more sane fans and they seemed disgusted by it.

Definitely wasn't great that Luxiem brought the crazy "these men are for me" delusional ones, some young kpop fans, and genshin fans aka the toxic fujos.

Well that purple eye dude and the rabbit dude claimed they have "no bias" when they are obviously there to shit on Niji for their bottom feeders, that's where I think the "so called neutral source" wording came from.
rabbit? you mean the "Depressed pekora fan" one? Jesus I wonder which agency was he biased for, maybe the one pekora is in? :koronehappyl:
Also yeah the purple one is a dramafaggot. Noone likes him. His entire video channel is thumbnail gore/clickbait shit. :mikothumbsl:
I hate the hololive community. Just a bunch of fags. There is a reason why tva is the first community i am willing to be active in even if people find me cringe. Almost every other community sucks ass especially when it comes to vtubers.
Idk about you mate but TVA is definitely more lean toward hololive. :mikothumbsl: There are some loud phase connect shills but this and /vt/ are still largely a hololive community. There is the proctor groomcord but they stays in groomcord lane.
I do hate the non-TVA/4ch hololive communities because of how hugbog they are. But don't pretend this aint one :dandanl:

Btw on the topic of unicorns, the term came from "loves virgin". Nijisister doesn't actually care about virginity, they have the male talents fucking each other in the asshole/deepthroating eachother as their headcanon. Half the yaoi shit I saw are just straight up rape even. They hate the girls because they ruin their immersion/headcanon, nothing to do with virginity. Do the word unicorns really fit them.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I don't know if this is a controversial stance or not, but unicorns seem surprisingly easy to wrangle. Most of them just fuck off to another girl if they even cared in the first place. The hate doesn't stick. They don't fire up bots to spam you. They don't dox your address to send you biohazards in the mail. Seems pretty tame to me.

e: idk, are people applying the term to Niji's female fans? I wouldn't.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
There goes the civil discussion that the intellectuals had I suppose

It was such a good read too

niggaphil

Idk about you mate but TVA is definitely more lean toward hololive. :mikothumbsl:
Meanwhile, the Live Pippa Posting thread..... :smugselen:

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I guess I need to have the extremely lukewarm take of "Every fanbase has its good and bad sides, please don't generalize... yadda yadda", I generally like the creatives who make things like kay or dudul and the people who genuinely still seem excited over their oshis instead of jaded and tired of drama all the time. I hate the unicorns too and have compared them to the chinese since forever and argued for their collective execution. I can't hate millions of people all at once though.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Idk about you mate but TVA is definitely more lean toward hololive. :mikothumbsl: There are some loud phase connect shills but this and /vt/ are still largely a hololive community. There is the proctor groomcord but they stays in groomcord lane.
I do hate the non-TVA/4ch hololive communities because of how hugbog they are. But don't pretend this aint one :dandanl:
I see this place as its own community. I can discuss with someone regardless of who they enjoy to watch in here.

Awoogers

Every fanbase on this hobby has its unicorns it's just that hololive is the loudest because it's big and thats not even counting niji as a whole because goddamn choNoir stans

So I think it's not about on whos who and what's what it's more or less if you can translate those unicorns as white noise and enjoy the content that the talent/company brings

soap suds

As one of the resident Nijifriends here, I'll give my two cents:

I think as a fan, you have no right to ask for kindness. I don't mean it in the sense that you can't ask people to be thoughtful or to think before they speak/type, but to ask for people to kindly stop shitting on something you like because if offends YOU, gives off an air of self-importance that no vtuber fan should have. Does it suck ass to see people spread misinformation and dunk on the livers? Does it hurt a little to see the reputation of EN (and Niji in general) fall in the West? Does it make me angry to see all the negativity hurt the livers? Yes, of course it fucking does, but the pity and well-wishes should not be aimed at me. It should instead be aimed at the livers themselves who are going through it currently and need all the support they can get. I can sit here all day defending them and shooting down rrats, but at the end of the day, the livers are the ones who have to go on stream and entertain fans with a smile on their face, so I think I have it easier in that sense.

I don't think asking people to give fans space to grieve or anything like that is wrong either, let fans feel sad that their oshi is graduating and what that means, but don't get offended when people start shitting on Niji and their mismanagement. I have defended Niji in the past against rumors and rrats that have little to no hold, and I have even gone and defended livers when I feel like they've deserved it, but that doesn't mean I discourage people from criticizing Niji and their fuck ups. Hell, I have voiced my own displeasure with things such as their handling of the AR live or how shitty it is that they have shut down projects before. The mindset that the team you bat for has to either be the good or bad guys is stupid as fuck. I am not going to root for a company that doesn't care about me, and neither should you. At the end of the day, I am here to watch a streamer be funny and entertaining. If that ceases to stop because of burnout or creative restrictions, then I would be the first to happily tell them to leave for greener pastures.

I don't know. Maybe it's because I have other hobbies besides watching vtubers, but if it ever reaches a point where you are like "fuck it, everything is ruined because people hate what I'm into" then I think it's time to take a step back. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it can suck that people don't like what you like, or even downright hate it, but there are plenty of people who do enjoy similar things. If you're looking for a positive space, then just go out and look for it, it's out there. Or, y'know, turn off the computer and go touch grass.

Last edited:

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
I am surprised two people managed to turn this NIJISANJI Thread into a HOLOLIVE one again
:kroniibitchclap:

Awoogers

It's gay but I genuinely like the nijifriends that we have here that genuinely still enjoy the medium and still shill here regardless of the Migos that go their way

It makes me happy as someone who enjoyed being a nijibro back when gibara was still there

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Top Bottom