"Like... Why don't [Vtuber fans] act NORMAL and make Fursonas like the rest of us..."krisispiss

Graduation of Pomu Rainpuff

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Well, here's my thesis. The narrative I'll push, if you will.
Thank you for this write-up! As someone who doesn't watch Pomu as often, this helps me understand the circumstances she's having these past months and how it could have led to this situation.

I hate the hololive community. Just a bunch of fags. There is a reason why tva is the first community i am willing to be active in even if people find me cringe. Almost every other community sucks ass especially when it comes to vtubers.
IMO every single community have its own bad apples no matter where you go, it's just that one might be louder than the other which makes them more visible.
The best way to enjoy hobbies has always been with a few friends or somewhere that doesn't have absolute bias like an anonymous forum.

Wow. Didn't realize Nina had people who absolutely hated her guts to such a problematic extent.
Like everyone else has pointed out, Nina went under massive hate by mostly luxiem fujos/fans back when she used to hold off-collabs often with the boys. They would go and pick every single thing about her so as long it could be used to defame her (ie. saying she's molesting the boys for making comments about their build etc.), it was horrible to the point that a non-fan like me noticed it and went on a dive to see how bad it is.
Admittedly Nina wasn't a perfect person either but I also think she didn't deserve the bullying she received during that timeframe, especially when it eventually affected her mental back then.

I still maintain the idea of Pomu going to vshojo based on all the stuff we've seen so far (mousey's deleted tweet and the dm she sent to mika during her last totsu) unless she's planning to revive mint or rebrand it I guess

Bronze

I guess we were too busy discussing everything except pomu to post it here(or ill get clocked, we will see) but mouse actually tweeted a reply to Pomu after deleting the one.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Apparently the show V4Mirai did with Vshojo Saturday night at Anime Los Angeles was a hit. Maybe V4Mirai would work to help keep the idoru dream alive.

frz

The December numbers beg to differ:

Even ignoring the Gen 3 numbers for the moment, Tenma and Lia are doing better than the likes of Reimu, Finana, and Scarle. Panko and Shiina are also being competitive, and you have others in Phase not too far off. NijiEN really isn't what it used to be.
btw what website is this
Or "numberfags from 4chan make this"

Bronze

Apparently the show V4Mirai did with Vshojo Saturday night at Anime Los Angeles was a hit. Maybe V4Mirai would work to help keep the idoru dream alive.

Also her sister is there and gives us daily knowledge about "findings" for few days. So if anyone is curious about hers I guess V4mirai is the place for them

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Having Mouse and Kson there was a really good move. I follow some people who are VShojo fans and they liked what they saw from V4mirai.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
btw what website is this
Or "numberfags from 4chan make this"

Pretty sure the latter. Usually find them in the /#/ Numbers general.

Azimov

I stand with NijiID! 🇲🇨
True Niji fan will never do shit like Scuddle, because true Niji fan always lives by the rule "pick who you want to support and stick to it". Nothing in this promotes the mentality of rooting for the company, or wishing they stay in it. You like someone - you watch them. They graduate and/or move to a different company - you move with them. Suzuhara Lulu was ghosted and put on suspension by Niji for over a year over and over again, because they couldn't be fucking bothered to deal with one stalker who would try to break into her house while she was streaming, removing her only source of revenue and trying to hide it to save their disgusting face. Why on earth would anyone support the company after this? It was widely speculated that the whole lenses excuse she gave for streaming with camera (the vtubing app does work like ass with glasses but other people manage it somehow) was something she made up, and the real one was to remove the sense of secrecy. Why break into the house to catch a sneak peak when she shows her face anyway
Edit: Where are all the good news and big oncoming projects Niji promised this winter btw? Or the said projects have names like "steps to take to graduate liver X"
Huh mind elaborate more about what happened to Lulu? Because to my knowledge Lulu took the indie pill because she doesn't give a fuck about stalkers yet Niji got involved too far into her case when she just wanted to stream and chill, not dealing with whatever tf Niji trying to do with their bureaucratic lawsuits

diethylether

bird molecule
wow there are a lot of new pages in the pomu thread I wonder wh-

oh okay

Well, here's my thesis. The narrative I'll push, if you will. It all comes back to Nina.

I won't dig into it too much but in later 2022 and in 2023, Nina and Pomu had one of the closest friendships in the company. I think this is well known even outside of their fans, but maybe some people who didn't watch them or only see them through clips wouldn't realize how close they are.

I think they struggled with a lot of the same things, and they definitely talked to each other about those things, as Pomu stated on stream a few times. The two things I would highlight are antis from other livers' fans, and delayed cancelled or blocked projects by management.

Some examples in the spoilers:
April 16, 2023

Nina faced similar things, much worse even, as the Luxiem fanbase harassed her to the point of doxing her address and botting her comments. She definitely put on a strong front, but the effect on her own fans and other livers was something she talked about, both at the time and after:

August 22, 2022

December 31, 2022

December 25, 2023

Add to that company support not holding up for them, which they both mentioned on stream.

For Pomu... I remember how her cover of Fukashigi no Carte could never be released. Everything was completed, but the company couldn't release it because they somehow lost perms. I personally assume they couldn't get it whitelisted fully - this song gets region locked every time it's sung anywhere even with a license, so likely a problem with international rights holders. I wasn't following her closely at the time but I heard that her 500k celebration project never materialized. And then there's her original song, Fairy of AKIBerse, which had a 5 month management delay for permissions from the creators, contributing to a delay that might allow the MV to be released before graduation if we're lucky. Pomu was able to perform this song in her 3d debut and karaoke but has yet to be released as a video. Thankfully her fan art submission project cover, which was supposed to be for 2y anniversary, finally happened in the Antarctica video... almost a year later than it should have been.

For Nina... I can no longer dig into Nina membership to check deeper, but she had planned a song every two months from the start of 2023, including two originals she had already started work on. None of them ever saw the light of day. I think she also wanted to host a Terraria server which got denied in early 2023. She gave up on passion projects completely in May, which included a brilliantly damming quote:

That shit felt like it was the straw that broke the camel's back for Nina. It was even more clear on her members stream, though those are buried in some archive somewhere if I wanted to access them. And then there's what she said as Matara, where she is shocked at supportive management in Vshojo. "I'm not used to that".

January 28, 2023

(it did not release on her birthday)

October 22, 2023

October 29, 2023
members stream

(regarding her home3d, which just came out January 6th, 2024)

November 22, 2022

December 31, 2022

(none of these songs were finished or released)

May 14, 2023

(there was also a members stream about this with more detail which is no longer available, though I'm sure archives exist)

October 18, 2023

Pomu is often seen as putting on a brave face, but I think Nina is the kind of person who clears her head then acts very decisively. That's why her graduation in July, before the cracks had turned into a flood, seemed a bit of a surprise for people who didn't follow her closely.

Of course it doesn't end with Nina's graduation. Turns out Pomu and Nina are such good friends they continue talk "almost daily". A month before Matara's debut Pomu even said she was helping Nina out, with what was implied to be content-related stuff. So Matara debuts in Vshojo and is both successful and having a far better time, and Pomu gets to hear about this all the time.

August 7, 2023

September 11, 2023

October 9, 2023

I'm certain that would have an effect on Pomu, regardless of Nina started trying to influence her directly or not. Which knowing her, she probably did.

Anyway, you can kind of see her progression of thoughts from early 2023 to now:

April 16, 2023

July 23, 2023
members stream

October 23, 2023

(referring to her long-running MC project)

There was also a rrat that around when she did her yearly Over the Garden Wall watchalong or at some point close after, she insinuated it would be her last, but I watched all the streams in that time period and could not find it, I'm pretty sure it was literally made up.

December 27, 2023

January 5, 2024

I thought the "seeing my friends leaving one by one" phrasing was interesting. It really hammers home that even though it was only Nina, Mika, and Mysta, that was enough to hit extremely hard. Though I think for Pomu she likely counts many ex-ID there too.

I will say after reviewing dozens of vods, I'm quite confident Pomu's decision was made at some point in October. She was definitely going strong back in July and August, and had started changing her focus come late October.

Anyway, that's my big rrat. Though I did have both memberships from time to time, I didn't follow either of these two particularly closely, so I'm sure there's more little details I didn't find, but I wanted to list some full context from primary sources. If we're looking for others to follow this trend, I would say Ike and Rosemi were also close to Nina, as were the Luxiem boys, and I would bet on their slow erosion out, rather than explicit incidents like Selen.

Well, sure, but what she actually said was:

Best thing she could do would be to get in touch with Gunrun haha.

good post, I don't watch niji at all but that puts it into perspective. I heard that niji management was pretty bad and have only seen how Selen was fucked over multiple times, didn't expect this to be the standard though, lol. I wonder if this will finally set off a cascade in NijiEN, if it's not already part of one.

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull
Thank you for this write-up! As someone who doesn't watch Pomu as often, this helps me understand the circumstances she's having these past months and how it could have led to this situation.

IMO every single community have its own bad apples no matter where you go, it's just that one might be louder than the other which makes them more visible.
The best way to enjoy hobbies has always been with a few friends or somewhere that doesn't have absolute bias like an anonymous forum.

Like everyone else has pointed out, Nina went under massive hate by mostly luxiem fujos/fans back when she used to hold off-collabs often with the boys. They would go and pick every single thing about her so as long it could be used to defame her (ie. saying she's molesting the boys for making comments about their build etc.), it was horrible to the point that a non-fan like me noticed it and went on a dive to see how bad it is.
Admittedly Nina wasn't a perfect person either but I also think she didn't deserve the bullying she received during that timeframe, especially when it eventually affected her mental back then.

I still maintain the idea of Pomu going to vshojo based on all the stuff we've seen so far (mousey's deleted tweet and the dm she sent to mika during her last totsu) unless she's planning to revive mint or rebrand it I guess

The worst thing about Nina being bashed by Luxiem fans is that she was absolutely supporting those boys from the jump. The second worst thing was that the rest of Ethyria were all way closer to each other than her, so she was kind of getting it from both sides. She wasn't blameless, but she didn't really deserve the grief she got. The thing is though, most of EN doesn't deserve it. Even Iluna, who's past lives marked the transition from NijiEN's rep of being a place that would hire talented people regardless of numbers to that being all they cared about, didn't deserve how harsh fans were about it. I include myself in that one, I was kind of a dick.

Limkin

Huh mind elaborate more about what happened to Lulu? Because to my knowledge Lulu took the indie pill because she doesn't give a fuck about stalkers yet Niji got involved too far into her case when she just wanted to stream and chill, not dealing with whatever tf Niji trying to do with their bureaucratic lawsuits
That's what I said? Their idea of "dealing" with stalker was to announce "breaks" that as we know are just how they do silent suspensions, in an attempt to pretend like their talent isn't getting stalked to the point of trying to break into her house and she just has personal unrelated issues. There was an ongoing police investigation at the time that lead nowhere while she was in the company and they kept using it as an excuse to put her on breaks. It's about as much as there is to this story if you want to use public info and the rest are just speculations. It's not just about "streaming and chilling" it's them literally denying her being able to earn money for an extremely prolonged period of time, some of her more unhinged fans even expected a lawsuit claiming damages from mismanagement but afaik it was only in their head

Not-Username

Is it intentional that we turn this thread into some kind of niji general/general replacement?!

Bronze

Is it intentional that we turn this thread into some kind of niji general/general replacement?!
Intentional by mods? Unlikely. We have Niji L collection for that
Intentional by users? Probably. Regardless, we are too deep to back out at this point :botanshrug:

Last edited:

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Does this group held auditions?
I noticed most of the Brave Group companies operate in different ways

frz

Intentional by users? Probably. Regardless, we are too deep to back out at this point :botanshrug:
I didnt even know the Niji L thread exist, most people here were forcefully moved by mod from general that's why it's super active
Does this group held auditions?
I noticed most of the Brave Group companies operate in different ways
Auditions ongoing since April 10, 2023 where you submit a "Brave group General Auditions Form" on ... google docs
You can select whether you want to go into VSPO EN or V4Mirai or even "unsure" on the form.
Globie audition for 2nd gen closed on November 2023, expect a 2nd gen soon.
*Applicants will be able to apply for multiple projects.
*No previous experience as a streamer, content creator, singing, and so on is required.
*Presently, those who are already active as Virtual YouTubers or streamers may also apply.
*Currently, those active with other companies may also comply if they have the consent of their existing partners.
*Those who pass the audition will be offered an exclusive contract with our company.
*If one month passes without the potential applicant hearing back from us, they are encouraged to apply once again.
*The number of times one applies will not be taken under consideration during the application process.
On their v4mirai page you can also send an email regarding "Audution" and they will probs send the google form to you
image.png

Koops

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull

That seems more of a dunking thread which is valid, but being able to actually discuss instead of just mocking is nice too since I'm a sad fan. I like any company where the cute girls and boys can be cute and happy, but reading through this thread makes me understand why some people would say "yeah, x company's fans fucking suck".

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I still like the rrat that Cover fired Omega only for Anycolor to hire him.

Holo in 2022/early 2023 had very similar issues, talents perpetually annoyed with management, cover/orisong projects not working out, permission failure after permission failure... it didn't lead to any graduations, but we do know they came close with several talents. Maybe too close with the blue shark thing.

Which leaves an interesting speculation for the future: If this were to be the case and Niji upper management finally notices that something is going terribly wrong, belatedly reacting and getting rid of Omega...

Brave Group is expanding rapidly and might be looking for an English management coordinator, too. Past experience desirable.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
Didn't Pomu have a health issue with her... uhh... pomus?
She had some issue yeah, she still has a working hole and mid-tier ass, people won't complain.
The only problem I have with talent I may like going to vshojo is that they just become boring, and doing facecams is an instant turnoff for me, idc if you guys have some parasocial attachment to the person behind the chuuba but if I wanted to see fleshies I would just watch normal streamers.
Basically this, like literally look at the e-thot apocalypse on Twitch.
The worst thing about Nina being bashed by Luxiem fans is that she was absolutely supporting those boys from the jump. The second worst thing was that the rest of Ethyria were all way closer to each other than her, so she was kind of getting it from both sides. She wasn't blameless, but she didn't really deserve the grief she got. The thing is though, most of EN doesn't deserve it. Even Iluna, who's past lives marked the transition from NijiEN's rep of being a place that would hire talented people regardless of numbers to that being all they cared about, didn't deserve how harsh fans were about it. I include myself in that one, I was kind of a dick.
I honestly never understood the "they only looked at numbers" approach simply because a few of them weren't really that impressive with numbers compared to some indies with the same if not more numbers that would have been a bigger hit. Even though I really hate Scarle, when she explained how she got into Niji and her current route of content, it makes sense compared to her just having the numbers. She doesn't do anything too terribly unique, but she does it in a way she can hold an audience and basically became the biggest gachi groomer of EN. Pomu just did what she wanted and does a lot of big things but in terms of general content, it's nothing interesting or unique either, yet she has the charisma and eventually burnt out which is to be expected.
Just judging by every NijiEN PL/personal stuff the only really big person was Yugo and that's only because their focus was more on music and the usual tiktok slop, the rest are what you'd expect of normies. It's like if Markiplier got in I guarantee it's not because of his number even though he definitely has those. The funny thing is, you could artifically inflate your numbers because Niji more than likely won't look at organic growth and boost yourself to 710k subs and have 80k views per vod from india and would technically make you "attractive" if they only looked at numbers, but once you got in, you'd be an Aia.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
She had some issue yeah, she still has a working hole and mid-tier ass, people won't complain.

Basically this, like literally look at the e-thot apocalypse on Twitch.

I honestly never understood the "they only looked at numbers" approach simply because a few of them weren't really that impressive with numbers compared to some indies with the same if not more numbers that would have been a bigger hit. Even though I really hate Scarle, when she explained how she got into Niji and her current route of content, it makes sense compared to her just having the numbers. She doesn't do anything too terribly unique, but she does it in a way she can hold an audience and basically became the biggest gachi groomer of EN. Pomu just did what she wanted and does a lot of big things but in terms of general content, it's nothing interesting or unique either, yet she has the charisma and eventually burnt out which is to be expected.
Just judging by every NijiEN PL/personal stuff the only really big person was Yugo and that's only because their focus was more on music and the usual tiktok slop, the rest are what you'd expect of normies. It's like if Markiplier got in I guarantee it's not because of his number even though he definitely has those. The funny thing is, you could artifically inflate your numbers because Niji more than likely won't look at organic growth and boost yourself to 710k subs and have 80k views per vod from india and would technically make you "attractive" if they only looked at numbers, but once you got in, you'd be an Aia.
Speaking of Aia and Scarle what happened to @kukkia ?
I actually liked that guy because he was able to convey his info in a few words unlike you know who
Or it is the sock of someone from here?

Top Bottom