"I draw and poop every day to live"Pako

HoloEN4 - holoJustice: Speculation/Discussion/Debut Liveposting

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Considering its overrepresentation in SCs, I think Vtuber corps in general should cater more to Argentina. It is clearly the weebiest country on earth.

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
I think having an EU schedule is good praxis regardless. You get the most audience overlap in that slot. NA mornings, EU afternoons, and South/East Asia Evenings.
The fact this isn't the normal approach is strange to me. Instead of streaming when most vtuber fans are awake, most everyone streams when only one fraction of that audience is available.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
All this political faggotry is why I like HoloID. Doesn't have any of this gay shit at all whatsoever to any degree in any universe if you ignore Ollie.
You will convert to Islam one day and wonder why one day
I am warning you

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Considering its overrepresentation in SCs, I think Vtuber corps in general should cater more to Argentina. It is clearly the weebiest country on earth.
Every single Argentinian superchat combined across the entirety of Hololive likely provides a lower financial value than the average "hey Gura it's my birthday, I'm 14 today!!" USD superchat.

Landphobic

Just don't like it
As a Euro, I think it's been quite well determined at this point that Euros spend less on streaming than Americans, even adjusting for differences in income.

Streaming is just not that well-established an entertainment industry here, and on top of that I think people are a lot more reticent to spend their disposable income on it.

I have some hypotheses on why that is, from language barriers creating very small potential audiences that cannot sustain streaming as a viable career, to just a smaller amount of social atomisation that still has a larger percentage of people interacting IRL and not feeling the need to engage in parasocial relationships. I don't think the fact that Japan, other East Asian countries and the US lead on this field is incidental here.

God's Strongest Dragoon

That's like, a whole 5 bucks extra!
:BijouBijou:
Hey man, that's like a fifth of the total superchats from the EU
It's what I was complaining about when Advent debuted. Eurotrash were complaining about "waah, why don't we get more streamers dedicated to us!" and they couldn't even show up in force for the monetization streams. Take the Fuwamoco monetization stream for example.

During their monetization stream, USD alone dropped 2,273,637 YEN while the EU currencies combined dropped barely a tenth of that. They barely beat the fucking Canadians that dropped 225,427 YEN. The EUR itself was only 118,552 YEN. The cope was that "it wasn't during an EU friendly timezone!" but they held their Fuwamoco morning the next day at 8am PST (5PM CEST) and those European currencies barely did better than USD.

Across their first 2 monetized streams:
CurrencyRegionTotal in YEN
USDUnited States2,328,634
YENJapan731,038
CADCanada232,099
EUREurope139,569
AUDAustralia103,079
GBPUnited Kingdom83,709
TWDTaiwan82,676
SGDSingapore80,231
KRWSouth Korea65,438
HKDHong Kong56,732
MYRMalaysia46,382
PLNPoland30,612
BRLBrazil30,130
MXNMexico28,355
SEKSweden27,456
IDRIndonesia26,727
PHPPhilippines19,354
NOKNorway17,055
NZDNew Zealand10,371
CLPChile10,050
THBThailand9,983
PENPeru5,804
CRCCosta Rica3,945
VNDVietnam3,941
ARSArgentina3,399
ISKIceland3,227
CZKCzech Republic2,252
CHFSwitzerland1,624
HUFHungaria1,360
BYNBelarus1,122
COPColombia1,095
DKKDenmark1,047
SARSaudi Arabia944
UYUUruguay565
INRIndia342
GTQGuatemala252
BOBBolivia204
RegionTotal in YEN
NA (USD/CAD/MXN)2,589,088
ASIA (Excluding Australia, New Zealand, and India)1,122,502
EU (All European Currencies)309,033
LATAM (Excluding Mexico)82,704
Germany, Italy, Spain, and France can't even compete with Canada. Even better is if you don't count the UK, Canada beats the entire continental Europe.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
noombers dont lie
:pippanumbers:
クソ野郎 is clearly a True and Honest Argentinian gifting memberships and dropping AkaSupas like there is no tomorrow in ARS :BijouBijou:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Hey man, that's like a fifth of the total superchats from the EU
It's what I was complaining about when Advent debuted. Eurotrash were complaining about "waah, why don't we get more streamers dedicated to us!" and they couldn't even show up in force for the monetization streams. Take the Fuwamoco monetization stream for example.

During their monetization stream, USD alone dropped 2,273,637 YEN while the EU currencies combined dropped barely a tenth of that. They barely beat the fucking Canadians that dropped 225,427 YEN. The EUR itself was only 118,552 YEN. The cope was that "it wasn't during an EU friendly timezone!" but they held their Fuwamoco morning the next day at 8am PST (5PM CEST) and those European currencies barely did better than USD.

Across their first 2 monetized streams:
CurrencyRegionTotal in YEN
USDUnited States2,328,634
YENJapan731,038
CADCanada232,099
EUREurope139,569
AUDAustralia103,079
GBPUnited Kingdom83,709
TWDTaiwan82,676
SGDSingapore80,231
KRWSouth Korea65,438
HKDHong Kong56,732
MYRMalaysia46,382
PLNPoland30,612
BRLBrazil30,130
MXNMexico28,355
SEKSweden27,456
IDRIndonesia26,727
PHPPhilippines19,354
NOKNorway17,055
NZDNew Zealand10,371
CLPChile10,050
THBThailand9,983
PENPeru5,804
CRCCosta Rica3,945
VNDVietnam3,941
ARSArgentina3,399
ISKIceland3,227
CZKCzech Republic2,252
CHFSwitzerland1,624
HUFHungaria1,360
BYNBelarus1,122
COPColombia1,095
DKKDenmark1,047
SARSaudi Arabia944
UYUUruguay565
INRIndia342
GTQGuatemala252
BOBBolivia204
RegionTotal in YEN
NA (USD/CAD/MXN)2,589,088
ASIA (Excluding Australia, New Zealand, and India)1,122,502
EU (All European Currencies)309,033
LATAM (Excluding Mexico)82,704
Germany, Italy, Spain, and France can't even compete with Canada. Even better is if you don't count the UK, Canada beats the entire continental Europe.
Well, should be interesting to see if they can put up or shut up. I am not gonna count them out, but I am not expecting much. I just want people for Kiara to hang out with.
:pippasadl:

tgmslc

Personally I watch vtubers to get away from the omnipresent political and propaganda warfare that plagues our lives, and I'm glad Hololive requires their performers to maintain a certain level of professionalism regarding politics
Same same. If I want to be mad over politics or argue with rando's over gender issues, I've got Tumblr for that. Vtubing is where I know I can just turn brain off & not worry about getting jumpscared by some /pol/ troll asking for opinions on Israel or trans kids or whatever.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
I know you are shitposting, but Kiara actually does get a healthy amount of European funbucks of all varietiesa and Euros are her no.2 most SC'd currency...

Behind USD, of course :gloomiLaugh:
Being fair, I've also seen a few British and Norwegian oilers around, although of course they can't make up for the difference compared to NA.

Nenélove

They expect one of us in the wreckage brother!
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I can't wait for the sheer numberfagging that is gonna plague this gen, this will obviously do slightly worse than advent and that is gonna trigger the incredible smugness of all of the numberapes, because Hololive did worse than... Hololive?

Horo7618

No one in particular
I can't wait for the sheer numberfagging that is gonna plague this gen, this will obviously do slightly worse than advent and that is gonna trigger the incredible smugness of all of the numberapes, because Hololive did worse than... Hololive?
I mean, if they can't even find another pair of twins, are they REALLY trying????

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
You could go the other way and compare them to the recent Niji wave, but that just feels like kicking retards at this point.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
You could go the other way and compare them to the recent Niji wave, but that just feels like kicking retards at this point.
That wouldn't make Holo look bad though. There are ten trillion tribalists ready to start the next war when any other corpo gets close to Holo #s again (in the west obviously).

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
IB /vt/ blames it on the red one interacting with the homos.
:towapeeved:

tgmslc

IB /vt/ blames it on the red one interacting with the homos.
:towapeeved:
I'm probably just gonna retreat to my Holo fancords & pretend /vt/ and TVA don't exist for a few months just so I don't have to see the incessant numberfagging and bait posts.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'm probably just gonna retreat to my Holo fancords & pretend /vt/
and TVA
don't exist for a few months just so I don't have to see the incessant numberfagging and bait posts.
Is it me or has the whole industry fandom gone seriously downhill this year? There seems to be far more vitriol towards everything and anything not just in /vt/ but basically every platform now. Like /vt/'s schizophrenic hatred of everything has infected the entire industry (or at least the vocal parts of it).

tgmslc

Is it me or has the whole industry fandom gone seriously downhill this year?
NijiEN became an actual dumpsterfire, then the doxxsite sisters lost their secret hangout and had to start shitting up /vt/ and Twitter, like insects whose rock got turned over. Also Kirsche had to bring MAGA-tier political shitposting to western vtubing and for that fact alone I hope her vagina falls out.

Landphobic

Just don't like it
Is it me or has the whole industry fandom gone seriously downhill this year? There seems to be far more vitriol towards everything and anything not just in /vt/ but basically every platform now.
The market's saturated. As growth stops, competition increases for the remaining resources, causing a rise in aggressive behaviour. Tale as old as time.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
NijiEN became an actual dumpsterfire, then the doxxsite sisters lost their secret hangout and had to start shitting up /vt/ and Twitter, like insects whose rock got turned over. Also Kirsche had to bring MAGA-tier political shitposting to western vtubing and for that fact alone I hope her vagina falls out.
*Proctor wants to know your location*
But seriously I hope this thread doesn't get shit up because of that lol.

Top Bottom